Seattle Show Details!!!

• Seattle Show Details!!!
    lorilee

Ok, maybe it's terribly presumptous of me, but I want this to be ready for our Seattle Correspondents when they get back!! So excited for them ~ I truly think this will be EPIC!!!! :shock:

Submitted by lorilee on
Forum category
Is pro
No

TY for starting the thread! Silly cat woke me up and now I am toooo excited to go back to sleep...i guess i could pack, clean up the house, read the paper, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo here i sit with my sd fam! LOL....the loyalty!

Love ya all, wish you were with us and you will be there in heart and spirit...

I will post from the road, if i make it back!!!! :twisted: :D 8) :lol:

Have fun!!!! and i'm sure gonna be with you and mad_mama in heart and spirit. :D

destiny453

Tue, 09/22/2009 - 09:41

Oh have the bestest bestest time you guys....i so wish I was at Seattle, it is my favourite american city after all :) *boo hoo* :lol:

Ditto to all! 8)

Ugh... I was up too late last night (and had a few too many vodka-Diet's) so kinda feel like Mollie did over the weekend! But, believe me, I will be perky as hell this afternoon! Just at my desk now, sneaking in some Nation time between piles of paperwork!

Here's my offerings... If these don't make Eric happy, then, at least I can make him fat!

I made Slovenian mushroom soup last night - what the hell is that, you may ask...? It's a recipe where I get to put in all kinds of wild/exotic mushrooms, along with browned onions, garlic, marjoram, oregano, Yukon gold potatoes, sherry & cream. Very hearty and SO good. Taking that in 4 serving size containers, along with a loaf of Kalamata olive whole grain bread.

A Chinese chicken salad - you know, with cabbage, ramen noodles, almonds and lots of sesame oil for flavor.

An apple pie, made with Golden Delicious apples grown in Yakima, WA.

Had made some great cookies on Saturday, but um, those got eaten already. So, no cookies.

Smoked salmon, caught last Sunday right in front of Qwest Field where the Seahawks won their season opener, and smoked last week by ME in my Big Chief smoker.

Four bottles of Spire hard cider - from Wenatchee, WA.

Pound of Yukon blend coffee beans from Starbucks (duh).

TWO big frozen vacuum packed packages of boiled peanuts - one for Eric, one for Barry.

And, a half rack of Alaskan Winter Ale, brewed with spruce tips.

Wow! MM you have outdone yourself!!! Well done! I'm sure that will cheer anyone up! :D

...and my Oregonian partner in crime just texted me to say she is ON THE ROAD!! Should be about a 3 hour drive, or just over depending on traffic. Or much longer, if she hits the usualy congestion around Centralia / Chehalis area. Stupid I-5. But, heck, she may overtake the Shiney bus!! Wouldn't that be something???

Good Luck with that!! I think that Mad_Mama is going to be a tough act to follow! She is mos def setting a high bar!!! Good on her! :lol:

That's the spirit!! Travel light...you may want to stick something(someone) in your bag!!! :lol:

Yessss... I noticed that was going quite well....hmmmmm.... cute and I heartily approve! :D

Hey, lil Canuck - you oughta bring some BC bud with you! Or, maybe not... That might mean you can't cross the border at all!

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 09/22/2009 - 14:35

wow lots of love from everyone. i'm going to have to think of something good to take with me to houston. i won't have a vehicle so i'll have to think of something i can carry on me. but definately something good lol.

Crazy how we are up to the second page, and we haven't even left the office yet!

Well, I am still at work, my friend Melissa is still at work, Kelby and Kayla and Wade are all still at school... dunno about Mollie and my gigolo. Probably still in bed, I think he works nights.

Mollie is driving up I-5, so I guess she is officially in Shinedown tour mode. Oh, and Shawnte is at work. She will be the last to arrive, cuz she has a new job, and she has to work till 5:00 poor baby...! And, her new boyfriend took her out for "real sushi" last night and she woke up feeling sickish this morning. I told her she's just gonna have to buckle down and feel better by this evening. She won't miss it, but I hope she feels good! The Lacuna Coil show we went to together she was feeling pukey too! What's the deal?

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 09/22/2009 - 14:45

wow. two pages but the anticipation is building i'm getting nervous and anxious for you all. lol. have a great time. tell your friend that's sick not to worry the healing power of SHINEDOWN will be in full effect tonight. SHINEDOWN'S powers is awe inspiring and terrifying. it can heal anything.

I guess this wasn't such a good idea???? :lol:

Me loves some Molson Golden... My drink of choice in my college days!

dalamar_2

Tue, 09/22/2009 - 16:03

AMEN for CANADA! :)

I'm a Canadian (and a Canadiens) fan! :)

dalamar_2

Tue, 09/22/2009 - 16:08

Could we please buy back Sheldon's contract.... please!? :)

ShinedownPete

Tue, 09/22/2009 - 21:34

wow. two pages but the anticipation is building i'm getting nervous and anxious for you all. lol. have a great time. tell your friend that's sick not to worry the healing power of SHINEDOWN will be in full effect tonight. SHINEDOWN'S powers is awe inspiring and terrifying. it can heal anything.

This is for sure.
As Lorilee can agree my wife had a pounding migrane and sat for two bands but as soon as Shinedown came on she was up and at it and after she said her migrane was gone and she get's them bad.

May Shinedown bless us all lol

Jennifer was a real trooper that night! She is such a beautiful person, inside and out. T'was an honor to meet both of you, mos def a highlight of the show for me to meet up with some of the Shinedown Family! Something magical definitely surrounds this band and it's followers!!! Glad to be a part of it! :)

destiny453

Wed, 09/23/2009 - 03:49

Well the show will be over now right??? Come on girlies, get them reviews on :lol: :lol: Just kidding, it's very very early and no-one is up :(

I am...*foot tapping* ...*waiting* WAKEUP SLEEPY HEADS!!! Did Mollie stay in Seattle overnight??

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 09/23/2009 - 09:30

i'm anxious to read it too. let's go ladies WAKKKKEEEE UPPPPPPPP!!!!!! hope that did the trick lol.

destiny453

Wed, 09/23/2009 - 12:27

I saw Brents twitter and it said one of the best crowds so far....is this true girls??? :)

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 09/23/2009 - 12:31

wow that's a bold statement. we better do a great job in houston.

OK...what's wrong with this picture? We are on page 3 already without the story!!! C'mon Seattle Crew!!! I can't wait to hear from you's!!! :wink:

destiny453

Wed, 09/23/2009 - 12:38

Yes I agree lorilee....where are you guys??? :shock: :lol:

ShinedownPete

Wed, 09/23/2009 - 12:39

I have to say Madison was pretty amazing show and after 15 shows i have a clue what is good or bad.

So now we need details to see if it was lol

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 09/23/2009 - 12:40

yeah we do the anticipation is building and i'm getting impatient.

yeah i wanna hear how the seattle show went too ....love to my fav US City.:)

Ok, maybe it's terribly presumptous of me, but I want this to be ready for our Seattle Correspondents when they get back!! So excited for them ~ I truly think this will be EPIC!!!! :shock:

comments

well if you are near Europe in June you gotta come to Download and siouxi you come 2. :) that would be awesome!!

[quote="siouxi"]First of all, are you all back on earth again? :D

I loved the reviews. It was worth the wait.
Looks like you had a ton of fun.
The piccies are awesome too.
I'm so glad y'all had a great time.
You, ladies represented the nation very well. \m/

Mollie, LOL for thinking of me, while you were talking to Z.:D

@ Plizano, i live very close to Amsterdam, would be nice to meet up with you and your friend, when you come to Amsterdam. :)[/quote]

Back on earth and doing that catch up with work thing. I went to bed at 8:15 last night since 4 hours of sleep at 42 sux big time!!!!!!

My only let down is not having a SD show to look forward to but I am planning a road trip to Seattle to see MM and Mel~North and Shawnte for a show or two. We had such a great time.

Oh and before the show, Shawnte and I rocked our asses off to "Party ALl the Time" and "Poker Face!" For someone shorter than me, we had a hella great time!!!

I would love to do the cruise but alas, my daughters need me as does the hubby so I will wait for them to hit the West coastie again and not so soon. Both minis are hitting the ortho so you know where the $$$ will be going too.

And Rita, it was so funny seeing Z before in his way too colorful over the top tennies and then the lacey pants...I couldnt wait to tell you!!!!

VITAMIN ZZZZZZZ all the way...but let me tell you, Eric is a sweetie and hella cute and sweet!!!! And Barry's dreads made my heart go PITTER PATTER PITTER PATTER and smelled hella uber yummy!!!

Oh the memories........

ok...lunch is over so back to the world of law and order I go...

I can attest! Plizano is Hella Fun!!! :D

For sure if the plans go as plan would love to meet with both of you.

It always helps to know people who can tell you where to go and where not to go.

I was thinking about the cruise but i think i will like it better to travel Eroupe and to see a fest or for sure Shinedown with a few Nation family

I will next time i am in Amsterdam, i have never actually been there for a holiday, or a drunken weekend :)

Off course you're more than welcome. :D
Would love it, if you come to visit me.

can i come visit too siouxi? i'm 45 mins away on a plane :)

First of all, are you all back on earth again? :D

I loved the reviews. It was worth the wait.
Looks like you had a ton of fun.
The piccies are awesome too.
I'm so glad y'all had a great time.
You, ladies represented the nation very well. \m/

Mollie, LOL for thinking of me, while you were talking to Z.:D

@ Plizano, i live very close to Amsterdam, would be nice to meet up with you and your friend, when you come to Amsterdam. :)

Yeah we all vary in many ways but have one great thing in common :)

that's awesome free shirts is pretty cool. 7 years old huh SD's fans vary in age. but one thing in common with all of them they all have a great taste in music.

great reviews this is what we've been waiting for. i'll have to take them something good when i see them next month. it all sounds like so much fun.

Oh man if you come in June you gotta go to Download that is THE!! rock festival dude!! It's awesome :) :) That sounds like great fun you will enjoy that :)

Me and a friend of mine want to go to Amsterdamn and then take a train around to different places.

Still in the works but our goal is to just take it day by day seeing different places i have not seen before.

But would like to plan it when there going there say in Jun or May would love to do a rockfestville over there.

Cool, where you going in Europe or you travelling? Gigs over here are awesome!! :)

Agreed.

Eddie Vedder is like the older version and more pent up Brent lol.

I am hoping Shinedown goes back over seas next year because i am taking a trip to europe and would love for that to be an added bonus.

Yeah agreed too plizano, if they were on the same night as SD i would go to PJ only too say I have saw them :) As they were once and amazing band....this doesn't mean i'm not a hardcore SD fan though, i would just catch the guys at another show :)

I have to argee with Destiny on this one.

I have never seen Pearl Jam live but if i could turn back time to when 10 came out i would be there as i am sure the rest of the guys from Shinedown lol.

I am not so into the newer Pearl Jam but best album for every song 10 is it, followed by Sound of Madness.

Not really they are both amazing bands :) So put them together as picking who too see would be a tough choice...i would be temtped too say pearl jam only cos i have never seen them before :)

Shame! :!:

Oh tough choice, i would rather watch both in the same room :)

Well yes...duh! :lol: Who would you rather watch side stage...Shinedown or Pearl Jam?

Whose priorities?? Mine?? :lol:

Oh, I see (no pun!) Very studious! :lol:

Priorities Destiny...Priorities! :wink:

Reviews sound fab!! I hope we get some acoustic stuff, glad to hear y'all had a good time, i think the band did too, oooohhhh and some members of Alice in Chains were there, that's pretty fukin cool since Pearl Jam were also on the same night!!

[quote="merkjr"][quote="lorilee"]Ok ...Ok...days!! Damn, Merk cut me some slack!!! You just wait, let's see how you fare after your double header!! You'll be the worst of us all! 2 days straight of his Brentness...Priceless! :lol:[/quote]

omg lori if i see him in his glasses. can you say puddle.

[size=18]*swoon*[/size][/quote]Youmean sun glasses, like your siggy?

It was actually nice to see his eyes up close, man look's you STRAIGHT IN THE EYE!! Really sincere...aww.

No, I didn't catch that!!! LOL That was sweet of Jake, he must have copped a shower before Seattle!!! :lol:

No, we didnt do the meet and greet. I didnt see too many people for it either, but one family was at the bus when we got there talking to Zach. Jake, the ever faithful protector, brought out free tee shirts to the fam. Even a little one for the little dude who must have been 7.

Have i told you today I LOVE THIS BAND!!!!?!?!?!

Thanks for sharing the pics...look's like you had a lively group :D Did you all go to the meet & greet? No news about that?? We want all the dirt!! :twisted:

Post concert glow is here but reality is back and I miss MM and laughing and having this show to look forward to.

DAMN~i am tired... LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLl

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE your stories mad mama and Mollie! Damn you two totally represented the Nation! 8)

Ok ...Ok...days!! Damn, Merk cut me some slack!!! You just wait, let's see how you fare after your double header!! You'll be the worst of us all! 2 days straight of his Brentness...Priceless! :lol:

I know the feeling! I was high for hours afterward!! :lol:

LOL....We were having issues with my *(&(^(*^ camera so Eric took it and said we can do this...or something like that I was wilting....and I love the one with ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!

oh hello...the post concert glow is still SHINING....but wee mollie is fading...off to bed in a few

[quote="mad_mama"]Oh! Our secret is out!! There's our GIGOLO!! And, I suspect Lori's heart just stopped over the one that Eric took of you and him, with your camera, since I couldn't manage to figure it out![/quote]Uh, that would be correct!!! :wink: Hey, anything for family!!!! Couldn't happen to a nicer gal, besides...I know it's Z that she REALLY wants!!! Destiny is the one I have to watchout for!!! LOL

really AWESOME pics!!! especially the one with ZACH!! and Eric and Barry.

Oh! Our secret is out!! There's our GIGOLO!! And, I suspect Lori's heart just stopped over the one that Eric took of you and him, with your camera, since I couldn't manage to figure it out!

Love ya heaps too Melissa~I have this great feeling, this is the start of a wonderful, rockin', friendship til the end!!! That and we need to have Wade meet Maggie!!!! :)

Oh yeah...so we were eating dinner and this dude tries to sell us a knock off tee shirt. It was not so great since on the back it said TOUR 2009 with a pic of the guys with...get this.....BRAD and JASON!!!!

WTF!!?!?! Dude get it right if you are going to do it at all!!!!

Oh and it was sad to see people wearing the tees too!

HEY!!! I LOVED THE ZACH GETTING DOUGHNUTS PART TOOOO!!!ahhhh if that would have happened to mee!!!

I think the song your were talking about with Blue eyes is the prelude to save me.
About a brown hair blue eye girl that od.
I heard them do this live and the chills that it gave me was amazing.

For sure an amazing setlist of songs that i would love to hear..

Oh to see them before the year is out.

Great job guys glad you had fun and the guys saw the love from the Nation.

One day we all have to get together and bring the house down on the place we see them.

Whew Mollie!! You did pretty damn good for all you went through to make it up for the show, do the show, get minimal sleep and a l-o-n-g drive back home to boot...

Have I told you today how much I love you?? Well, I do!

And, really, so as not to give a bad name to Jake, but he is INTIMIDATING, even though Zach laughed when I said I was scared of him!

Thankfully, the guys are not intimidating in the LEAST, and yes, it was a real delight to run into Vitamin Z outside of our dinner venue! Loved that... Also saw damn Ryan going down the sidewalk too... One of my many times pre-set that we saw each other, smiled with awkward recognition, and a cordial nod... What a retard I am!! Woulda felt so much better if I had just yakked out, "Ryan!" regardless of whether I was sure that was him or not! Oh well, if that's the only thing I'm embarrassed about now, then, I guess I did okay, right?

OMG ENERGY!!!! I LOVE ENERGY SOOOOO MUCH!!!

oops there more to read now.. lemme read it. cant wait to reply to it!! and read more!

Thanks!

If I pass out in mid-type, dont mind me...have just a few more minutes til the minis get home and then they need the pc for homework, but i will be back!!!!

What I've been waiting for!!! Thanks Babe!!! Love you so much!! Glad it was sssoooo good! I can't believe they played "JUnkies for Fame"!! YOu Rock Mollie!!! :D

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Wow! I think Mad_Mama took the words outta my mouth on everything so I will do mad bullet points for me....I had 4 hours of sleepy...had to get my lovely Mom at the Sea Tac airport at 8:00 this morning and drove 3 hrs home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT..I would do it alllll again for this band and my family here. This is the one band where I can be dripping with sweat, almost in tears and have goose bumps.

So...I have the luck and pleasure to see 4 SD shows.

#1. Portland, 06 before I *fell* for SD and will go to the rock concert in the heavens with their music in my heart but I was a great show WITH Brad and Jason. SD headlined this and a good set too.

#2. Flew to Baltimore, 09 to see SD headline and OMG! 2 hr set and watched from the balcony and was blown away!!!!! Loved listening to Rev share his beautiful insights and dont remember him doing it that much in previous show.

#3. Clark, 09...Great show, shorter set list and not much chatting between songs. But, it was the meet and greet and VIP 4th row and center so I could see it all wo getting SMOOOSHED. Met my music sista and her sweet sweet son and my gigilo who is adorable, sweet and like a little brother.

#4 LAST night~was so excited bc I knew so many great people to share it with. I had a cake made for the band with the Nation logo, the birds from SoM and "rock on" in the corner. I wanted to let them know we love and appreciate all the do for their fans and music.

Got up, drove to Seattle with only 2! pit stops, 1 large diet coke, and 0 speeding tix and that is a freakin miracle since I floored it to get to my Mom's in seattle/bellevue in time to change and get Josiah and get to venue to meet with MM

No see the boys before so we head to this great diner and lo and behold there's Zach, MY vitamin Z off to get doughnuts at Krispy Kreme. The whole time we were talking, I was all, in my head, RITA is gonna shit when I tell her!!!!!

Had dinner with the most amazing peeps~I love Melissa and her son, the new MM/Melissa~north and shawnte, the other shortie who loves to dance and sing with ya~it was her first show.

Went to venue and got a beer, only had 2 thank god since it was hotter than hell!!! Tried to get close and TY TY TY to MM for trying to get close to the rail but really the crowd were filled with ass holes, who were sweaty, sticky, stinky, drunk. NOT a good combo. I did not want to watch some guys fat wet back all night so we found a spot on the left.

CAVO~fun, but didnt see much but i will follow

AW~great band and I am going to DL their tunes. Lead singer is hott but a bit on the juvy silly side.

Sick Pups~Emma is amazing but hard to hear when i was being SMOOSHED so not that enjoyable.

And oh fucking HELLO~ Shinedown killed it!!!!! From song #1 to the end, AMAZing and the best one of my shows. And Mel and I looked at each other and was OM~JUNKIES FOR FAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gigilo and I had this running joke over this song but alas he was "lost in the crowd" so I didnt get to sing along with the cutie patutite.

At this show, I realized just how talented Zach is...his acoustic songs were brilliant and I have yet to see him so on!

I didnt realize until Eric talked after the Jerry and Mike from *swoon* Alice In Chains were there. WOW~

OK...after we carted all the goodies over to the bus~sorry jake but I was not going home with out showing the cake to the guys. They loved the goodies just didnt have space for it all so the boys from Adelitas Way made off with some treats as they walked a total of 6 blocks to some bar.

I loved meeting the guys again and loved the cake. I made sure they knew it was from the board and we love 'em heaps. As we were leaving, Brett came out but he looked tired and worn out. Didnt want to bug him since he gave his heart and soul to us on stage.

What a night but the best part was the people I shared it with..and for those we thought of.

OMG~Eric came out with out his shirt~i turned to MM and said, "Lori would shit right now."

See how much you are with us????

OK...so this is one long rambling pile of bs but it is after 4 hrs of sleep and post show glow.

AND...one final thought....this is longest and probably only show review I have done...

LOVE YOU ALL heaps!

oh yeah...pix are coming as soon as I find the camera. I suck at it and didnt take any during the show..but i was in sight line of mecca...barry and his kit!

Really sad isn't it? :( I will miss all those candids of him being "bored" and taking such hott photos of himself!AHAHAHAHAHAHa!! :twisted:

Sound's great, thanks Mama!

Okay - we finally were able to get our one-on-one time with our guys after the show. Too damn bad it was a "school night", and we had teens with us. But, we waited across the street from the busses, and Zach came out to visit first. So, we grabbed our cooler, beers, and all assorted goodies. To say he was overwhelmed is putting it lightly! He ultimately declared that he would have Jake handle the "load in" cuz he didn't want to throw his back out lol!

We brought tons of stuff - so let them pick what they wanted to eat.

Zach swiped the apple pie. The Adelitas Way boys glommed onto the brownies with vanilla frosting, everyone sampled another plate of brownies, and I made sure that Barry's and Eric's boiled peanuts were taken on board Chateau Shinedown. The beer too. There were other goodies that were either eaten or accepted for later...

The big hit, of course, was the cake that Mollie presented on behalf of the Nation! She had the logo and crows done on it, and they all (even surly Jake) loved it! Lots of comments and praise about how cool that was - Mollie was our STAR!!

Eric came and hung with us for a bit, and had to go as cabs were waiting to take everyone downtown for a few. Barry joined us as well, and was most gracious, as always.

I note that tend to pet hair... I played with Barry's dreds as I talked to him. I don't think he minded, and Mollie commented on how nice his hair smelled...

I also immediately was feeling Ryan's shirt, where the radio had been clipped. It was kinda puckered, and quickly became a joke that the shirt was messed up from a game of purple nurple...! Anyway, I think I made him self conscious about that, so if you're reading this Ryan - my apologies!

Eric gave us his answer on whether he would visit the Nation board, since Mollie and I said it IS all about the love over here. He told us that he just can't - because, for him, like it is for, say, an athlete in the spotlight - all the positive comments are overshadowed, in his mind, by the ONE negative. He will dwell on it, and let it eat at him. So, he prefers to stay away from reviews and these types of forums as a rule.

About his myspace, he said he's just tired of all the bullshit, and is basically backing away from electronic media for a while. Enjoys twitter though, as do we. Told him and Zach that we really get some chuckles out of their twitter-banter!

So, I guess that pretty much sums it all up... it was a great evening, musically, and personally, for so many many many reasons! Love you all...

Don't worry!! You can do it, if I can you can!!! :wink:

Just make some friends around you and have them take care of ya!! I will happen. You won't regret it!! :wink:

Geat review! Agreed about other bands!
I worry about Emma' s neck, look's like some damage there! :wink:

Lead singer in Cavo and Brian, bassist were super nice guys and really hungry for the fans!

Sick Puppies, great but glad I didn't have my daughter w/ me for that one...the moshing and language! Great energy though.

Thanks for the shout out ladies!! Love me some Pirate!!!!! :twisted: :P

Crowd was really pretty rough. I know Brent tweeted that it was a great crowd, but I've been to lots of shows at that venue, and I thought it had a mean edge to it. Very surprised at that. I heard someone comment, "It's like there's all these girls there who are here to see Shinedown, and their boyfriends are all here looking to just get drunk and fight!" Thought that pretty much summed it up.

The security people had their hands full. The mosh was hard and ugly. I was glad, frankly, that I had NOT gained a center rail position. Would have had to pay more attention to surfing assholes and swinging boots than Shinedown!

Cavo opened the show - very good. I will pay attention to these guys, as well as Adelita's Way - liked them fine too. They are "my kind of band" still in the crew van with killer (as in, this thing is way too heavy and will kill us one day) gear trailer. Fun, funny, happy to be there. Sick Puppies had a great response - they're SO fun to watch. No, strike that, EMMA is so fun to watch! What a treat she is on bass!

Once the stage was nearly set for Shinedown, Shawnte, Melissa, Mollie and I took up spots on the Eric side of the stage, but unfortunately a little too far to the side to see him on keys and we lost him at times, from our view. I guess if we had been on the Zach side, we would have seen Mike Inez and Jerry Cantrell - they watched the whole set, side stage! Made Eric nervous, in that he tweeted that Mike is one of his idols, and therefore, he thought he played like shit last night. He didn't - he sounded fine to me!

Lorilee - he had on the red & black striped Pirate Pants - Mollie and I cheered for you!!

Gosh, they all looked great and the sound was just terrific too. On the accoustic songs, Brent's voice was pretty gravelly. Not bad, just noticeable. I liked it personally. He is so fun to watch, and he preached a lot between every song. There may be a few people out there who would prefer a band to just shut up and play, but, I frankly, want to hear what Brent wants us to know. Thank you Brent. You're a good man. And a very good speaker. Keep it up.

wow great setlist. i can't wait for my show to come around. blue eyes? i'm not sure which one is that? is that the prelude to save me they used to sing? i can't think of what song it could be. wow i dare you, and the energy acoustic that sounds awesome.

15! Wow!!!! Awesome set list!! :D

Okay taking another surreptitious break from my desk -

Set list:

Lady Gaga music got the crowd all rowdy - funny how there were those of us who were dancing and diggin it, and others who looked like they might just explode from hatred. Interesting.

Opened with Sound of Madness
Save Me
Heroes
Fly From the Inside
If You Only Knew
Junkies for Fame
Burning Bright
Accoustic set - what's the song that has "blue eyes..." something in it? (I know, I suck), then, I Dare You, then The Energy (wow - cool accoustic!)
Call Me
Left Out
Crow and the Butterfly
Cyanide Sweet Tooth
---encore---
Second Chance
Devour

WE WANT DIRT!!!!! :twisted:

true let's get to the details.

What a tease lol

Hoped to get on here and have seen Mollie's post about it all, but I think she is driving down I-5 according to her last tweet or text, I can't 'member.

Sheesh, where to start?

Summary first: It was a terrific show, and my first Shinedown Headliner show! They played for two-fuckin-hours, and the Reverend Smith was in fine philosophical form. He is the perfect showman and show host - he is an engaging actor in his element, in front of a screaming crowd. Love that man...

I texted myself as each song was played, so I have their set list. Did not get an actual paper set list, but I do know what was played when! Will list that in a minute.

We could not visit with anyone pre-show, except us friends who gathered for the event. Jake was stressed out, and said his guys were going full speed, minute to minute and would not have time till after. He was in a better mood afterwards, but is still kinda scary!

But no problem - we all went to Donna's Diner down the street, ate, had drinks (not cocktails) and laughed till we cried. What a fabulous group of friends to enjoy a perfect afternoon and evening in Seattle with!

---- Cast of Characters -----

Mollie - Fantastic girl, as you already suspect from this board and her tweets. Smart, pretty, really knowledgable musically and otherwise, and has the BEST sense of ironic humor! Great story teller too - but I swear, we all started about 40 different stories and I doubt we finished one of them!

Our Gigolo - Mollie and paid for this 20 year old hunk's ticket to the show, so we had $15 worth of fun with him all night! I think we got a bargain, don't you, Mollie? We picked him up at the Shinedown fest at the Clark County Amph last month... we have not kept him all this time, just picked him up again for this show.

The Teens - Wade (my budding bassist), Kelby and Kayla all had a blast and kept us entertained by goofing off all night. Poor babies though - they all have school today (10th grade), and of course, no one did any homework... We will just make the best of it.

Melissa North - my "better" half and close friend who I met through a mutual friend on the Seether board! She and I were cyber-introduced by a dear cyberfriend in Sheffield, England. What a small world, huh? Now, we love to go to shows together as often as we can. Together we are Melissa North and Melissa South based on our relation to Seattle proper!

Shawnte - my partner in crime when it comes to our local music loves, Temperedcast. She and I have been working to promote these guys, she for the past 6 years, me for only the last year. She's beautiful, sweet, funny, and one of the best people I know in all the world. She's the one who felt sickish, but sucked it up and had a great time last night despite it!

Um... leaving my tale there for the moment. Gotta go do some work.

The build up was PHENOMINAL!!!! Let's have it Seattle!!!! :P

yeah i wanna hear how the seattle show went too ....love to my fav US City.:)

yeah we do the anticipation is building and i'm getting impatient.

I have to say Madison was pretty amazing show and after 15 shows i have a clue what is good or bad.

So now we need details to see if it was lol

Yes I agree lorilee....where are you guys??? :shock: :lol:

OK...what's wrong with this picture? We are on page 3 already without the story!!! C'mon Seattle Crew!!! I can't wait to hear from you's!!! :wink:

wow that's a bold statement. we better do a great job in houston.

I saw Brents twitter and it said one of the best crowds so far....is this true girls??? :)

i'm anxious to read it too. let's go ladies WAKKKKEEEE UPPPPPPPP!!!!!! hope that did the trick lol.

I am...*foot tapping* ...*waiting* WAKEUP SLEEPY HEADS!!! Did Mollie stay in Seattle overnight??

Well the show will be over now right??? Come on girlies, get them reviews on :lol: :lol: Just kidding, it's very very early and no-one is up :(

Jennifer was a real trooper that night! She is such a beautiful person, inside and out. T'was an honor to meet both of you, mos def a highlight of the show for me to meet up with some of the Shinedown Family! Something magical definitely surrounds this band and it's followers!!! Glad to be a part of it! :)

This is for sure.
As Lorilee can agree my wife had a pounding migrane and sat for two bands but as soon as Shinedown came on she was up and at it and after she said her migrane was gone and she get's them bad.

May Shinedown bless us all lol

Could we please buy back Sheldon's contract.... please!? :)

AMEN for CANADA! :)

I'm a Canadian (and a Canadiens) fan! :)

Me loves some Molson Golden... My drink of choice in my college days!

I guess this wasn't such a good idea???? :lol:

Crazy how we are up to the second page, and we haven't even left the office yet!

Well, I am still at work, my friend Melissa is still at work, Kelby and Kayla and Wade are all still at school... dunno about Mollie and my gigolo. Probably still in bed, I think he works nights.

Mollie is driving up I-5, so I guess she is officially in Shinedown tour mode. Oh, and Shawnte is at work. She will be the last to arrive, cuz she has a new job, and she has to work till 5:00 poor baby...! And, her new boyfriend took her out for "real sushi" last night and she woke up feeling sickish this morning. I told her she's just gonna have to buckle down and feel better by this evening. She won't miss it, but I hope she feels good! The Lacuna Coil show we went to together she was feeling pukey too! What's the deal?

wow lots of love from everyone. i'm going to have to think of something good to take with me to houston. i won't have a vehicle so i'll have to think of something i can carry on me. but definately something good lol.

Hey, lil Canuck - you oughta bring some BC bud with you! Or, maybe not... That might mean you can't cross the border at all!

Yessss... I noticed that was going quite well....hmmmmm.... cute and I heartily approve! :D

That's the spirit!! Travel light...you may want to stick something(someone) in your bag!!! :lol:

Good Luck with that!! I think that Mad_Mama is going to be a tough act to follow! She is mos def setting a high bar!!! Good on her! :lol:

...and my Oregonian partner in crime just texted me to say she is ON THE ROAD!! Should be about a 3 hour drive, or just over depending on traffic. Or much longer, if she hits the usualy congestion around Centralia / Chehalis area. Stupid I-5. But, heck, she may overtake the Shiney bus!! Wouldn't that be something???

Wow! MM you have outdone yourself!!! Well done! I'm sure that will cheer anyone up! :D

Ugh... I was up too late last night (and had a few too many vodka-Diet's) so kinda feel like Mollie did over the weekend! But, believe me, I will be perky as hell this afternoon! Just at my desk now, sneaking in some Nation time between piles of paperwork!

Here's my offerings... If these don't make Eric happy, then, at least I can make him fat!

I made Slovenian mushroom soup last night - what the hell is that, you may ask...? It's a recipe where I get to put in all kinds of wild/exotic mushrooms, along with browned onions, garlic, marjoram, oregano, Yukon gold potatoes, sherry & cream. Very hearty and SO good. Taking that in 4 serving size containers, along with a loaf of Kalamata olive whole grain bread.

A Chinese chicken salad - you know, with cabbage, ramen noodles, almonds and lots of sesame oil for flavor.

An apple pie, made with Golden Delicious apples grown in Yakima, WA.

Had made some great cookies on Saturday, but um, those got eaten already. So, no cookies.

Smoked salmon, caught last Sunday right in front of Qwest Field where the Seahawks won their season opener, and smoked last week by ME in my Big Chief smoker.

Four bottles of Spire hard cider - from Wenatchee, WA.

Pound of Yukon blend coffee beans from Starbucks (duh).

TWO big frozen vacuum packed packages of boiled peanuts - one for Eric, one for Barry.

And, a half rack of Alaskan Winter Ale, brewed with spruce tips.

Ditto to all! 8)

Oh have the bestest bestest time you guys....i so wish I was at Seattle, it is my favourite american city after all :) *boo hoo* :lol:

Have fun!!!! and i'm sure gonna be with you and mad_mama in heart and spirit. :D

TY for starting the thread! Silly cat woke me up and now I am toooo excited to go back to sleep...i guess i could pack, clean up the house, read the paper, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo here i sit with my sd fam! LOL....the loyalty!

Love ya all, wish you were with us and you will be there in heart and spirit...

I will post from the road, if i make it back!!!! :twisted: :D 8) :lol: