SD Nation Family I needs some help!!!

• SD Nation Family I needs some help!!!
    shinedownjunkie45

Alright so to set this up both my wife and I are students at a University every year that we've been here we've gone on this field trip with the school. They pick out a day in October and we arrive at the University early in the morning and we travel via tour buses to an amusement park called Fiesta Texas. The event going on at the amusement park is called Fright Fest. It's them celebrating Halloween. Any way for the past three years it's been our tradition to go to it. And we've always gone together. Now this year it's going to be on October 10th. The only problem is that I have already purchased tickets for us to go see Shinedown on October 9th. The show is in Houston Texas about 6 or 7 hours away from where I live now. And where the amusement park is it's about the same distance from where we live. Theoretically we could still go to the show and then try and drive down back home and catch the bus to leave with everyone in the morning but if the show ends roughly around 11pm. And the bus leaves at 6am it does not give me much time to drive home. I would be cutting it too short. This is a tradition that both my wife and I have and I can't go back on that. I'm deeply saddened and dissapointed to the point earlier when I found out and I did all the mental math I was practically in tears. To be so close to seeing your heroes again and then have to give it up is something so heart breaking. But I can not break my wife's heart I must go with her. Is there any one on here that is willing to take the tickets off my hands. If I can't go I want a diehard to have the tickets I will not settle for anything less than a diehard fan of this great thing called SHINEDOWN. If no one can make it to the show. Then I'll keep the tickets and forever keep them but I'm not sure I want to do that cuz it will just remind that I could not go. I would rather give them to someone in the SD Nation Family. I'm still not quite sure what will happen but for now that's the way it looks. I'll let you know what happens and if I'll be going to the SD show after all. Thanks for your help in advance. Much love, cold beer as Barry says lol and plenty of SD music to brigthen your day.

Submitted by shinedownjunkie45 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Don't give up the show!!! Drink lots of coffee and DRIVE LIKE HE77!!! It will be an adventure for you and your wife!! Something you will always remember!! You can sit in your rocking chairs someday and "say remember when we were young and did"...! Good luck with whatever you decide to do. We will still love you no matter what!! <3 lorilee~

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 09/14/2009 - 10:28

[quote="lorilee"]Don't give up the show!!! Drink lots of coffee and DRIVE LIKE HE77!!! It will be an adventure for you and your wife!! Something you will always remember!! You can sit in your rocking chairs someday and "say remember when we were young and did"...! Good luck with whatever you decide to do. We will still love you no matter what!! <3 lorilee~[/quote]
lol your feeding my inner junkie. i'll definately take that into consideration when i make my decision. i'll talk it over again with my wife tonight and see what we can come up with. but i'm going to fight for it.

Gosh, Tony. I am so sorry! It seems that when it rains it pours, as they say. That would be an awful lot of driving huh? And how empathetic is your pretty wife? I wonder if she realizes how sad you are that you are willing to pass on seeing your heroes in order to keep up the tradition with her? It would break my heart to disappoint my husband, if he felt so strongly about something as you do about seeing Shinedown.

So, I think we ought to have a conversation with your wife maybe. Not to bully her or tell her what to do - but to share with her what seeing the October 9th show means to you and the rest of us here.

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 09/14/2009 - 20:54

well i talked with my wife and when she heard that i was thinking of giving up my concert she couldn't do it. she told me to go any way. she was invited to go on the field trip with a friend of hers and that's what she is going to do. but not I have an extra ticket to the show. I'm saddened that she can not come but I am happy that I will still go. She knows how much I love SHINEDOWN and she can't bare to let me give that up. I love her so much she truly understands what this means to me. So now as my SD family I offer the extra ticket up to all of you. Would anybody like to come to the show. It's going to be October 9th in Houston Texas. It comes with a meet and greet pass as well. I'll be there on that day and whoever wants to come with me just let me know. All you got to do is be there on the day of the show ready to have a great time rockin to the greatest band ever. This invitation goes to everyone.

I am so thrilled that you have found your soul mate~the one who "gets it" and supports you!

Wow....what a temptation for my first trip to Tx!!!!!!

Tony..I'd be high tailing and hauling ass to get to both...you should see what some of my friends have done to get to a Daughtry show! You're young! Go for it!

After tonight, I am so glad that you are going, you will never forget it!! I ma really happy for you!! GO SHINEDOWN!!!

destiny453

Tue, 09/15/2009 - 06:39

Oh tony tht is rough, but you are so lucky you have found your soulmate who understands that you need to see your heroes again. You will have the best time and I'm sure your wife will enjoy herself with her friend too, next year you will just have to make it the best trip ever. :) Enjoy the show and I hope you find someone to take, hell if i lived anywhere near you i would be there :)

Damn if I could get to Texas...I'd be there! So glad you're going, and that you have such a special person in your life! :D

Tony, it's great that you're going.
You're lucky to have a wife that understands how much Shinedown means to you. :)

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 09/16/2009 - 09:31

thank you for all of your support. yes i'm definately going i'll be leaving Thursday night and I'll be arriving in Houston at 5:15 in the morning. Bright and early to get ready for the show lol. I'll probaby rent a room at a hotel near the venue so I can shower up and get ready for the show. My wife is supportive and knows how much this band has helped me through tough times and how it's so much bigger than them being my favorite band. I'm so lucky to have her in my life.

True that! Good of you to acknowledge it! Brent's speech at the shows is making a difference in you Shinedown men!!! :D

destiny453

Wed, 09/16/2009 - 14:21

Yes i agree with that lorilee :)

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 09/16/2009 - 22:30

[quote="lorilee"]True that! Good of you to acknowledge it! Brent's speech at the shows is making a difference in you Shinedown men!!! :D[/quote]
well his speeches are always very meaningful but didn't need to hear it from him inorder to appreciate my wife. lol

We know that but then again, you are very special! Some guys haven't learned that lesson yet.

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 09/17/2009 - 12:13

[quote="lorilee"]We know that but then again, you are very special! Some guys haven't learned that lesson yet.[/quote]
thank you for the kind words. those guys who have not learned that are only missing out. when you can appreciate your wife life is so much better.

destiny453

Thu, 09/17/2009 - 12:24

I'm telling Ross this info :)

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 09/17/2009 - 12:30

lol. life is better when you appreciate them.

destiny453

Thu, 09/17/2009 - 13:08

good, i am defo showing him this!!! :lol:

I believe that you get what you give...sometimes...! haha! :lol:

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 09/17/2009 - 17:45

that is true too. what you put into the relationship is what you get out of it. the harder you work together the more fun it is for the both of you.

Wow, you're very wise. I agree 100 % with you.
Too much people, and i also mean women, take their partners for granted.
And they are surprised if the relationships failes. I don

destiny453

Fri, 09/18/2009 - 04:00

Oohhh that's a song that I like...I just thought i would share that very useful info :lol:

[quote="siouxi"]Wow, you're very wise. I agree 100 % with you.

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 09/18/2009 - 09:48

I'm so glad you and your wife are okay.

You were indeed very lucky.
Things like that change you and make you realise how fragile life is
and sure makes you appreciate what you have.

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 09/18/2009 - 10:17

thank you. and yes it does. my first thought was my wife after the impact and once i realized she was ok. we ran out of the car.

dalamar_2

Fri, 09/18/2009 - 11:39

So, Junkie. With all that ink... have you decided on driving 7 hours or not?

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 09/18/2009 - 11:46

yeah i've decided. i'll be traveling by bus to and from the bus. been doing some looking into the whole lay out of houston. the venue is about a mile away from the bus station so i'll just walk it over there from the bus station. and there are few hotels nearby so i'll just get a room at one of them and shower up once im in houston so i can get ready for the show.

dalamar_2

Fri, 09/18/2009 - 11:47

LOL damn... you really are a Junkie. =)

You know, there are CABS in Houston. (Just a thought)

Alright so to set this up both my wife and I are students at a University every year that we've been here we've gone on this field trip with the school. They pick out a day in October and we arrive at the University early in the morning and we travel via tour buses to an amusement park called Fiesta Texas. The event going on at the amusement park is called Fright Fest. It's them celebrating Halloween. Any way for the past three years it's been our tradition to go to it. And we've always gone together. Now this year it's going to be on October 10th. The only problem is that I have already purchased tickets for us to go see Shinedown on October 9th. The show is in Houston Texas about 6 or 7 hours away from where I live now. And where the amusement park is it's about the same distance from where we live. Theoretically we could still go to the show and then try and drive down back home and catch the bus to leave with everyone in the morning but if the show ends roughly around 11pm. And the bus leaves at 6am it does not give me much time to drive home. I would be cutting it too short. This is a tradition that both my wife and I have and I can't go back on that. I'm deeply saddened and dissapointed to the point earlier when I found out and I did all the mental math I was practically in tears. To be so close to seeing your heroes again and then have to give it up is something so heart breaking. But I can not break my wife's heart I must go with her. Is there any one on here that is willing to take the tickets off my hands. If I can't go I want a diehard to have the tickets I will not settle for anything less than a diehard fan of this great thing called SHINEDOWN. If no one can make it to the show. Then I'll keep the tickets and forever keep them but I'm not sure I want to do that cuz it will just remind that I could not go. I would rather give them to someone in the SD Nation Family. I'm still not quite sure what will happen but for now that's the way it looks. I'll let you know what happens and if I'll be going to the SD show after all. Thanks for your help in advance. Much love, cold beer as Barry says lol and plenty of SD music to brigthen your day.

comments

Get ready to ace your https:…

Get ready to ace your https://www.activedumpsnet.com/product-detail/Salesforce-AI-Associate.h… certification with our comprehensive practice exams designed to simulate the real exam experience. Developed by industry experts, our practice tests cover all the essential topics, including data modeling, Einstein Discovery, natural language processing, and more.

With our carefully crafted questions and detailed explanations, you'll gain confidence and proficiency in Salesforce AI concepts. Whether you're aiming to validate your skills or enhance your career prospects, our practice exams provide the perfect opportunity to test your knowledge and identify areas for improvement.

[quote="destiny453"]I had a feeling you might say that! :lol:[/quote]

Rofl

what made you think I'd say that !?! :twisted:

I had a feeling you might say that! :lol:

[quote="destiny453"]Yes i think they heard you dalamar....now just pray really hard :D[/quote]

LOL

Well, I'll skip on the praying part, but I'll definitely keep yelling :)

Yes i think they heard you dalamar....now just pray really hard :D

Isn't it TONIGHT (Sept 21st) in Oregon?

[quote="mollie"]I dont know it they could, but i DID!!!

I will let 'em know...........

TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

You're going to see them tomorrow??

I dont know it they could, but i DID!!!

I will let 'em know...........

TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote="destiny453"]You will have a great time when you do see them Dalamar :)[/quote]

Oh, but I quite intend to.

now... sorry for the outburst but.

[size=24]SHINEDOWN: IF YOU COULD PLEASE COME ON [u][b]THIS[/b][/u] SIDE OF THE BORDER[/size]

I would appreciate, kthnx.

(think they heard me? :lol: )

You will have a great time when you do see them Dalamar :)

it's the greatest feeling in the world. when you see them live. the first time i saw them was awesome. ever since then i've been hooked. this will be my fourth show seeing SD.

hehehe...

well, given that I have not seen them live yet, I'd prolly walk to it as well. 20 miles, if need be. Junkie summed it up well : just for the fuck of it =)

thank you everyone for the support. i've been to houston before. it was actually my first SD show. so i'm some what familiar with the houston lay out. the only difference is that this venue is different than the last time. in a different direction too. so i'll be looking to find my way as soon as i get there i'll ask around there at the bus station. i'll be arriving around 5:15am so i'll have time to ask around while i wait for daylight to come around lol. it's a new city so i'm not too comfortable wandering the streets at that time lol. i still have not found a taker for the ticket. perri might want it but seeing as how ny is so far from texas it might not come true but we'll see till then the ticket is reserved for perri.

I flew across the country to see LiVE at York Faire, in York, PA and knew NO ONE but I was not the only one in the boat since there were 17 of us from all over the world, from the fans of live message board gathering. People from home thought I was nuts and that I was going to get hacked up and tossed in a garbage can by some internet psycho and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to prove that I am RIGHT and they are WRONG!!!

Not only did I NOT get hacked up, I met some of the bestest friends I have in the world, I met and partied with the band, had my first jager bomb, got silly drunk and had Adam Kowalck~sp?, brother of Eddie the lead singer and touring guitarist sign my boob, but I had the best time of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

long story short...GO FOR IT!!!!

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]yeah i do. but since i'm not a native to the area i'd rather hoof it. last time they wanted to charge me 20 bucks to to take me two blocks. so i'd rather hoof it. i'm used to it. i've done it before. i just get directions to the venue and find my way there. it's quite a thrill to find your way. anything for SD. i love riding on buses. and doing it for an SD show. that just makes it all better. It'll be a blast.[/quote]That's the spirit Junkie!!! I felt the same way! It was a strange town I had never been too and people were so kind. I made some new friends and had an Epic Adventure!!! Go for it Junkie!!! :wink:

Yes possibly, but still just for the fuck of it :) lol

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]yeah i do. but since i'm not a native to the area i'd rather hoof it. last time they wanted to charge me 20 bucks to to take me two blocks. so i'd rather hoof it. i'm used to it. i've done it before. i just get directions to the venue and find my way there. it's quite a thrill to find your way. anything for SD. i love riding on buses. and doing it for an SD show. that just makes it all better. It'll be a blast.[/quote]

1 mile from the venue : I'd say following the herd would be a clue in the right direction. Just a thought :)

Yeah get the bus, you never know if you are getting a good deal with cabs or not, have you not got anyone to take your spare ticket yet then junkie??

yeah i do. but since i'm not a native to the area i'd rather hoof it. last time they wanted to charge me 20 bucks to to take me two blocks. so i'd rather hoof it. i'm used to it. i've done it before. i just get directions to the venue and find my way there. it's quite a thrill to find your way. anything for SD. i love riding on buses. and doing it for an SD show. that just makes it all better. It'll be a blast.

LOL damn... you really are a Junkie. =)

You know, there are CABS in Houston. (Just a thought)

yeah i've decided. i'll be traveling by bus to and from the bus. been doing some looking into the whole lay out of houston. the venue is about a mile away from the bus station so i'll just walk it over there from the bus station. and there are few hotels nearby so i'll just get a room at one of them and shower up once im in houston so i can get ready for the show.

So, Junkie. With all that ink... have you decided on driving 7 hours or not?

thank you. and yes it does. my first thought was my wife after the impact and once i realized she was ok. we ran out of the car.

I'm so glad you and your wife are okay.

You were indeed very lucky.
Things like that change you and make you realise how fragile life is
and sure makes you appreciate what you have.

Oohhh that's a song that I like...I just thought i would share that very useful info :lol:

Wow, you're very wise. I agree 100 % with you.

that is true too. what you put into the relationship is what you get out of it. the harder you work together the more fun it is for the both of you.

I believe that you get what you give...sometimes...! haha! :lol:

good, i am defo showing him this!!! :lol:

lol. life is better when you appreciate them.

I'm telling Ross this info :)

[quote="lorilee"]We know that but then again, you are very special! Some guys haven't learned that lesson yet.[/quote]
thank you for the kind words. those guys who have not learned that are only missing out. when you can appreciate your wife life is so much better.

We know that but then again, you are very special! Some guys haven't learned that lesson yet.

[quote="lorilee"]True that! Good of you to acknowledge it! Brent's speech at the shows is making a difference in you Shinedown men!!! :D[/quote]
well his speeches are always very meaningful but didn't need to hear it from him inorder to appreciate my wife. lol

Yes i agree with that lorilee :)

True that! Good of you to acknowledge it! Brent's speech at the shows is making a difference in you Shinedown men!!! :D

thank you for all of your support. yes i'm definately going i'll be leaving Thursday night and I'll be arriving in Houston at 5:15 in the morning. Bright and early to get ready for the show lol. I'll probaby rent a room at a hotel near the venue so I can shower up and get ready for the show. My wife is supportive and knows how much this band has helped me through tough times and how it's so much bigger than them being my favorite band. I'm so lucky to have her in my life.

Tony, it's great that you're going.
You're lucky to have a wife that understands how much Shinedown means to you. :)

Damn if I could get to Texas...I'd be there! So glad you're going, and that you have such a special person in your life! :D

Oh tony tht is rough, but you are so lucky you have found your soulmate who understands that you need to see your heroes again. You will have the best time and I'm sure your wife will enjoy herself with her friend too, next year you will just have to make it the best trip ever. :) Enjoy the show and I hope you find someone to take, hell if i lived anywhere near you i would be there :)

After tonight, I am so glad that you are going, you will never forget it!! I ma really happy for you!! GO SHINEDOWN!!!

Tony..I'd be high tailing and hauling ass to get to both...you should see what some of my friends have done to get to a Daughtry show! You're young! Go for it!

I am so thrilled that you have found your soul mate~the one who "gets it" and supports you!

Wow....what a temptation for my first trip to Tx!!!!!!

well i talked with my wife and when she heard that i was thinking of giving up my concert she couldn't do it. she told me to go any way. she was invited to go on the field trip with a friend of hers and that's what she is going to do. but not I have an extra ticket to the show. I'm saddened that she can not come but I am happy that I will still go. She knows how much I love SHINEDOWN and she can't bare to let me give that up. I love her so much she truly understands what this means to me. So now as my SD family I offer the extra ticket up to all of you. Would anybody like to come to the show. It's going to be October 9th in Houston Texas. It comes with a meet and greet pass as well. I'll be there on that day and whoever wants to come with me just let me know. All you got to do is be there on the day of the show ready to have a great time rockin to the greatest band ever. This invitation goes to everyone.

Gosh, Tony. I am so sorry! It seems that when it rains it pours, as they say. That would be an awful lot of driving huh? And how empathetic is your pretty wife? I wonder if she realizes how sad you are that you are willing to pass on seeing your heroes in order to keep up the tradition with her? It would break my heart to disappoint my husband, if he felt so strongly about something as you do about seeing Shinedown.

So, I think we ought to have a conversation with your wife maybe. Not to bully her or tell her what to do - but to share with her what seeing the October 9th show means to you and the rest of us here.

[quote="lorilee"]Don't give up the show!!! Drink lots of coffee and DRIVE LIKE HE77!!! It will be an adventure for you and your wife!! Something you will always remember!! You can sit in your rocking chairs someday and "say remember when we were young and did"...! Good luck with whatever you decide to do. We will still love you no matter what!! <3 lorilee~[/quote]
lol your feeding my inner junkie. i'll definately take that into consideration when i make my decision. i'll talk it over again with my wife tonight and see what we can come up with. but i'm going to fight for it.

Don't give up the show!!! Drink lots of coffee and DRIVE LIKE HE77!!! It will be an adventure for you and your wife!! Something you will always remember!! You can sit in your rocking chairs someday and "say remember when we were young and did"...! Good luck with whatever you decide to do. We will still love you no matter what!! <3 lorilee~