Sad news

• Sad news
    ARomaine

My husband had to put down their family dog last night. He was an 11yo german shepard, and the really sad thing is he died because of a bunch of idiots. About a month ago, they brought him home from a groomer that they've been using for years, and he was paralyzed in the back legs. Groomer claimed nothing had happened. My inlaws took him to an emergency vet, and they said it was a slipped disc and they did surgery. Well, about 2 weeks after the surgery, he started having complications. Long story short, he had a MRSA (methillin resistant staph aureas) infection in his spine, which he got during surgery.

It's such a shame that such a good dog had such a bad ending. Yesterday really sucked having to drive to the vet with my inlaws to make sure he was put down correctly. I found myself listening to a lot of SD today. They always seem to know how to make it better.

Anyway, sorry to unload but I am both furious and very saddened and am trying to find a way to deal with this.

Submitted by ARomaine on
Forum category
Is pro
No

dalamar_2

Wed, 06/30/2010 - 20:53

No words - and certainly none of mine - will make you feel better.

However, know that I'm here and feel for you both. I'm glad if this alleviates the pain slightly, but, surely, SD must be a much better balm.

Thank you for sharing. SDN can't be a family if we're only here for the good times and hide when the storms hit.

~thierry

I'm so sorry to hear about the dog Abby.

Don't be sorry to unload, that's what we're here for.

I am very sorry to hear about your dog. Loosing a pet in any form is always hard.

bobbette78

Thu, 07/01/2010 - 10:51

Oh I'm so sorry. **hugs**

sorry bout the doggie I have pets too and would really hurt if any passed keep your head up

randomsunkist17

Thu, 07/01/2010 - 17:04

Sorry to hear about your loss Abby. If your family is anything like mine, our pets are pretty much a part of the family and it's heart breaking to lose any of them.

Thanks for all the thoughts guys. Really appreciate it. And yeah, he totally was a family member. Definitely smarter than most of them too. It's kinda funny. I work in the vet field. I deal with this all the time, which is why they asked me to help with at the vet, and it never ever gets easier. At least I still had my two kitties to come home to and cuddle with. And they were more than happy to oblige.

ShinedownChica

Fri, 07/02/2010 - 09:59

Sorry Abby. Hope ya feel better soon... Shinedown hopefully continues to help...

shinedownjunkie45

Sat, 07/03/2010 - 09:29

sorry to hear that abby. just know that Sd and your sd nation fam is here for you and your husband.

ShinedownChica

Sat, 07/03/2010 - 10:18

A CUZ WE LOVE YOUUUUUUUU!

My husband had to put down their family dog last night. He was an 11yo german shepard, and the really sad thing is he died because of a bunch of idiots. About a month ago, they brought him home from a groomer that they've been using for years, and he was paralyzed in the back legs. Groomer claimed nothing had happened. My inlaws took him to an emergency vet, and they said it was a slipped disc and they did surgery. Well, about 2 weeks after the surgery, he started having complications. Long story short, he had a MRSA (methillin resistant staph aureas) infection in his spine, which he got during surgery.

It's such a shame that such a good dog had such a bad ending. Yesterday really sucked having to drive to the vet with my inlaws to make sure he was put down correctly. I found myself listening to a lot of SD today. They always seem to know how to make it better.

Anyway, sorry to unload but I am both furious and very saddened and am trying to find a way to deal with this.

comments

A CUZ WE LOVE YOUUUUUUUU!

sorry to hear that abby. just know that Sd and your sd nation fam is here for you and your husband.

Sorry Abby. Hope ya feel better soon... Shinedown hopefully continues to help...

Thanks for all the thoughts guys. Really appreciate it. And yeah, he totally was a family member. Definitely smarter than most of them too. It's kinda funny. I work in the vet field. I deal with this all the time, which is why they asked me to help with at the vet, and it never ever gets easier. At least I still had my two kitties to come home to and cuddle with. And they were more than happy to oblige.

Sorry to hear about your loss Abby. If your family is anything like mine, our pets are pretty much a part of the family and it's heart breaking to lose any of them.

sorry bout the doggie I have pets too and would really hurt if any passed keep your head up

Oh I'm so sorry. **hugs**

I am very sorry to hear about your dog. Loosing a pet in any form is always hard.

I'm so sorry to hear about the dog Abby.

Don't be sorry to unload, that's what we're here for.

No words - and certainly none of mine - will make you feel better.

However, know that I'm here and feel for you both. I'm glad if this alleviates the pain slightly, but, surely, SD must be a much better balm.

Thank you for sharing. SDN can't be a family if we're only here for the good times and hide when the storms hit.

~thierry