Sad

• Sad
    crueangel

Well, I came here for some cheering up, but with everyone mad about the pre-orders, the prices of the pre-orders, and the suspected lipsyncing on the concerts, it may have been better to stay away. :cry:

The ultimate facts are these-

1) Shinedown is one of the best bands around today. They are more down-to-earth and accessible than many other bands who have allowed fame to get in their way.

2) They love us and the support we give them, and IF they ARE lipsyncing, it is NOT to hurt us or cause us to dislike them, it is simply to make the live music sound better

3) The problems with the pre-orders are out of their hands, and I doubt they have anything to do with the pricing, and hopefully, they understand times are tough right now.

4) Shinedown does their best to keep us posted on how they are doing, what they are up to, and what's going on in their lives.

5) I agree that their M&G packages are very expensive, BUT they are STILL much less costly than some other groups whose names I will not mention.

6) I also agree that the Nation membership "specials" that were promised are few and far between, but I still love being able to come here and talk and vent with fellow Shinedown fans, and while there are some who complain a LOT on here, the Nation is one of the nicest fan clubs I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Perhaps we cn get away from the negative and back to the positive?

Submitted by crueangel on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Amen!!!!
I agree. Let's have some fun in here.
I've never been a member of any other fanclub, so i don't know how it's over there but i have met some extremely awesome people through these boards.

callmeasaint

Mon, 05/09/2011 - 05:04

I'm mad that people can not comprehend the difference between lip syncing and backing tapes.

Britney Spears LIP SYNCS. She does not sing AT ALL live. Not one note.

Brent MAY use backing tapes on certain songs which is to say he is still SINGING but "with help".

LOTS of bands use tapes to 'flesh' out the sound or give it some depth or 'punch'.

Songs are so layered and produced in-studio and live they sound flat and thin and by using tapes it just gives the song some support.

I see alot of talk about the chorus on Diamond Eyes. BRENT IS STILL SINGING!!!!! Yes,it appears he has some help but he is NOT lip syncing.

Another factor. Brent is such an aggressive singer and to sing these songs at full bore every night he would probably blow his voice.

Do you want that?

How would you like to have YOUR show canceled because Brent blew his voice and had to miss 3 weeks?

He may use the tapes (IF he does. I am speculating) to save and prolong his voice and to allow him to tour for 3 years straight so FANS get the chance to see Shinedown.

You can't even tell live. I wasn't sitting there during Diamond Eyes thinking..damn...he's faking it. WTF people?

I admit it does appear on the youtube videos that tapes are being used in some spots but you can not tell live AND it's only on a few songs.

If they didn't use tapes on DE it might sound like crap and people would cry about that.

:roll:

If you went to a show and had your night ruined because you think Brent uses tapes you are a very sad person.

Well said...you can see that he's singing in most of the parts and if he chooses to use a little help, while it is a little of a throw off, it's still a Shinedown show...Zach and Eric still playing guitars, Barry still pounding away. The more people point out that there was some help, the more we're going to think about it at a show, which is going to ruin the vibe.

Well said Crueangel. I think part of it is just the lack of stuff coming from the band because they ARE working on the album. Last year with all the tours and especially the CoM, there was just so much good stuff to talk about, like who got what package, who was going to which concert, what their favorite part/song/etc was. Now, it's just the little tidbits we get from the chats. Like I got super excited to hear the demo, just because it was something new from SD. However, I will say that the # of posters during the chats that are flooding the chats with the stupid lip syncing questions is annoying. It's getting so hard to ask the guys a "real" question, and by real, just something that they would actually answer. It doesn't bother me, I'd much rather focus on what's going on with the album or hear about random funny shit they like to talk about, such as Barry's daughter being terrified of a stuffed pig he got her.

And just for you, I will go down into "Devour" and post a happy post :)

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 05/10/2011 - 09:28

honestly I was very happy with the dvd/cd release. the fact that brent using backing tapes or anything else to help out with the songs is fine with me. The fact of the matter is I'm a fan of the band regardless. I will still go to a show and enjoy it. If people can't cope with that then that's fine but I am still going to keep going to shows I will still pay for the M&G's and I will stil continue to renew my membership on here. Because there are people on here that I would have never met had it not been for SHINEDOWN. They are and always will be the greatest band EVER.

crueangel

Tue, 05/10/2011 - 21:44

THANK YOU to everyone for backing me up! I love Shinedown regardless. It amazes me that they tour for SO long for an album. They didn't even HAVE to do the Anything and Everything tour- they CHOSE to do it for US, the FANS, because that's what WE asked for!

I love that they are doing chats to keep us updated- they don't HAVE to do that, either! But I also get aggravated with all of the crazy questions they get asked. If I ask a question, it gets buried between "Do you lipsync" and "Any shows this year?"

It's not that I wouldn't LOVE to see them again- but they toured for over THREE YEARS for SOM- let the guys have a break! I was surprised they went into the studio so fast afte A&E. I thought they would at least take more then a couple of weeks off! But that is their drive- to make music!

As for the live shows- backing tracks and vocals or not- they still ROCK and Brent's voice can still give me chills! Nuff said on that subject! :evil:

And yes, I DO have rose colored glasses- I wear them on cloudy days. They make everything look brighter! :P

*getting off my soapbox*

PS- Thanks for the happy post, aromaine! :D

erica881014

Thu, 05/12/2011 - 18:29

Well crueangel I think you hit everything right on the nose. I agree with all said.hope you got your cheering up. Regardless of how they make the live shows sound like.the shows are still awsomeand I will still go and look foward to seeing the show.not worrying about how he's hitting all the notes.and I'm like you I get so excited to hear something new but I understand that all their energy is going to the new album and I prefer it that way.at least we know it'll be good. :D

AllAmericanDan1

Mon, 05/16/2011 - 14:15

[quote="zierten20"]lets be honest anyone who would question if brent lipsync'd isnt a true fan. i have been to 17 shinedown show 8 of them front row and trust me he does NOT lipsync. EVERY artist at some point uses a back track, just a part of concerts and if you dont like it dont go.

not meaning to vent but geez ppl haha[/quote]

haha, WOW. I never grow tired of that argument. If you don't blindly follow the band than you are not a true fan. I've conversed with many a'fan on these and the old black boards. The people who believe he is lip syncing were no worse fans than those who don't.

That third grade mentality has got to stop, if people on these boards can't discuss these things like rational adults than what is the point? Honestly, these boards are a way for SD fans to discuss all things Shinedown, the good and the bad. And isn't that what a real fan should be able to do? But instead, we get people who instead of trying to discuss things fling baseless and moronic insults.

P.S. Duder, I've been to 17 SD concerts as well. So that numbers game shit ain't gonna fly.

[quote="allamericandan1"][quote="zierten20"]lets be honest anyone who would question if brent lipsync'd isnt a true fan. i have been to 17 shinedown show 8 of them front row and trust me he does NOT lipsync. EVERY artist at some point uses a back track, just a part of concerts and if you dont like it dont go.

haha, WOW. I never grow tired of that argument. If you don't blindly follow the band than you are not a true fan. I've conversed with many a'fan on these and the old black boards. The people who believe he is lip syncing were no worse fans than those who don't.

That third grade mentality has got to stop, if people on these boards can't discuss these things like rational adults than what is the point? Honestly, these boards are a way for SD fans to discuss all things Shinedown, the good and the bad. And isn't that what a real fan should be able to do? But instead, we get people who instead of trying to discuss things fling baseless and moronic insults.

P.S. Duder, I've been to 17 SD concerts as well. So that numbers game shit ain't gonna fly.[/quote]

Turning a blind eye to something the band does doesn't make you a better fan than someone who has the balls to admit the truth. Just because we admit that Brent is lip syncing, that doesn't mean we won't continue to support the band and go to the shows. Your logic makes no sense my friend.

erica881014

Mon, 05/16/2011 - 22:17

[quote="allamericandan1"][quote="zierten20"]lets be honest anyone who would question if brent lipsync'd isnt a true fan. i have been to 17 shinedown show 8 of them front row and trust me he does NOT lipsync. EVERY artist at some point uses a back track, just a part of concerts and if you dont like it dont go.

P.S. Duder, I've been to 17 SD concerts as well. So that numbers game shit ain't gonna fly.[/quote]

no offense intended allamerican but that was zierten's opinion.just like you have your own.

[quote="zierten20"]sorry what I should have said is people who believe what brent was doing was lipsyncing are wrong. backtracking and lipsyncing are totally different. yes almost every band does use backtracking at some point including shinedown. mayube instead of saying not true fans I shoulda have said ignorant of the mechanics of a concert but i flung no INSULTS.

FYI I both play in a band and do soundboarding at a concert venue [got to help with finger 11 this year :)] so I have some experience with the mechanics of concerts[/quote]

Just because you are in a band and have experience with soundboarding doesn't automatically make you right. A casual music fan can see that it's plain as day that Brent is LIP SYNCING, not just using backing tracks. All you have to do is watch Devour from the electric show and see that in the bridge, the microphone leaves his mouth and the vocals are still playing. What does that mean? That means that he wasn't singing! Be a fan boy if you want, but I'm not gonna deny the facts.

tessarakt

Tue, 05/17/2011 - 12:10

blah blah blah blah

I'm with crueangel

I haven't read on here in a while so am I bit disappointed at all the crap I'm seeing while I catch up. My thoughts as I go through this thread ...

They don't have to update us at all. They don't have to tell us what they're doing today. They don't have to do chats. They don't have to answer questions. They don't have to answer our tweets. They don't even have to be ON twitter or on the sd site, or anywhere for that matter. They could very well just crawl into a hole and disappear until it's time to release that next album. But ... they don't, and I truly believe they won't.

They do it FOR US. They keep us up to date FOR US. They do chats FOR US. And wow ... really ... there's not many bands that do that. They are BUSY. They have LIVES, FAMILIES. They're working on the next album and they STILL think of US.

I'm just ranting and raving. I think Atlantic is definately pulling some puppet strings around here and seriously fucking with us and them and it sucks.

crueangel

Thu, 05/19/2011 - 21:30

[quote="brent_gave_me_his_beer"][quote="allamericandan1"][quote="zierten20"]lets be honest anyone who would question if brent lipsync'd isnt a true fan. i have been to 17 shinedown show 8 of them front row and trust me he does NOT lipsync. EVERY artist at some point uses a back track, just a part of concerts and if you dont like it dont go.

Turning a blind eye to something the band does doesn't make you a better fan than someone who has the balls to admit the truth. Just because we admit that Brent is lip syncing, that doesn't mean we won't continue to support the band and go to the shows. Your logic makes no sense my friend.[/quote]

Hmmm, I guess my "third grade mentality" just doesn't understand WHY people have to constantly analyze EVERYTHING instead of simply ENJOYING it. Life is too short to stand at a concert watching the lead singer like a hawk to see if he possibly stops moving his mouth as his voice continues on. There are three other people onstage well worth watching. Not that Brent isn't worth watching onstage, when I do watch him, I am not looking to see if his singing is matching up with his mouth movements. Not even on the dvd. IF you are watching the dvds THAT closely, you must REALLY have a LOT of time on your hands. :cry: Sad, really. But if that is what you choose to do with your valuable time, go for it! I choose to spend my time enjoying life, and ALL THE MUSIC that I can. And, um, no, I am NOT referring to the upcoming "rapture", which I WILL be skipping in favor of a gun show! :wink: LOL

LIFE IS SHORT! STOP ANALYZING IT! :roll:

erica881014

Thu, 05/19/2011 - 21:42

@crueangel:RIGHT On!!!

[quote]
Hmmm, I guess my "third grade mentality" just doesn't understand WHY people have to constantly analyze EVERYTHING instead of simply ENJOYING it. Life is too short to stand at a concert watching the lead singer like a hawk to see if he possibly stops moving his mouth as his voice continues on. There are three other people onstage well worth watching. Not that Brent isn't worth watching onstage, when I do watch him, I am not looking to see if his singing is matching up with his mouth movements. Not even on the dvd. IF you are watching the dvds THAT closely, you must REALLY have a LOT of time on your hands. :cry: Sad, really. But if that is what you choose to do with your valuable time, go for it! I choose to spend my time enjoying life, and ALL THE MUSIC that I can. And, um, no, I am NOT referring to the upcoming "rapture", which I WILL be skipping in favor of a gun show! :wink: LOL

LIFE IS SHORT! STOP ANALYZING IT! :roll:[/quote]

Amen!!

AllAmericanDan1

Fri, 05/20/2011 - 16:44

[quote="crueangel"][quote="brent_gave_me_his_beer"][quote="allamericandan1"][quote="zierten20"]lets be honest anyone who would question if brent lipsync'd isnt a true fan. i have been to 17 shinedown show 8 of them front row and trust me he does NOT lipsync. EVERY artist at some point uses a back track, just a part of concerts and if you dont like it dont go.

Turning a blind eye to something the band does doesn't make you a better fan than someone who has the balls to admit the truth. Just because we admit that Brent is lip syncing, that doesn't mean we won't continue to support the band and go to the shows. Your logic makes no sense my friend.[/quote]

First of all, I don't spend the entire concert watching Brent like a hawk, but thanks for that.

Second, I do enjoy life, just because when I listen to the CD of COM and I HEAR the I Dare You being faked, doesn't mean I don't enjoy myself and have fun with those around me, whom I love and respect.

Third, I do enjoy Shinedown's music. Hence why I'm here. But for the love of god, it's not that big a deal to have people wanting to discuss something that they are doing wrong. This is what's wrong with society in general, no one has to have adult conversations about anything anymore. People just want to ignore anything and everything that could be even considered controversial.

At no point did I, or anyone who said Brent was lip syncing, say anything negative or defamatory towards the band or to any of you fine people. I said the constant questioning of another fan's loyalties and fanship is a "third grade mentality," which it is.

This is why these boards suck, no one wants to discuss anything interesting. No one wants to have a conversation. I wish the band's website people shut these boards down and kept the black boards up. At least that way you could have an adult conversation for free, instead of spending $35 bucks to talk to a bunch of Second Chancers and blind fans.

Doesn't it occur to you that we come here because the atmosphere around here is so much nicer than on that dreaded black boards.
I left there because i was sick of the constant fighting and bickering and name calling, people even threatening eachother.
It's usually much fun around here.
obviously most of us don't want these discussions.
so why even try?

The fact is, we love this band no matter what becasue they are such great musicians and wonderfull persons

"Second Chancers"

I LOL'd

:lol:

erica881014

Tue, 05/24/2011 - 21:45

he's a bit touchy isn't he :?

d_eicholz

Mon, 05/30/2011 - 04:14

completely agree with allamericandan1. i find it concerning how many people on here are fighting what he is saying and even making fun of him. I don't have a chance to come on the boards much anymore but they are quite what they use to be.

All he is saying is that it happened and should be acknowledged. Once people acknowledge it, it can be rationally discussed. It can be discussed maybe why they did it, who's choice that was, was it the right thing to do with everything considered.

None of those things are saying anything negative about the band. Just because your kid who you love dearly does something wrong, it doesn't mean you should just pretend it didn't happen because you love them.

Ignoring something just because you don't like it is childish. Although he definitely got carried away when he started flaming people and calling people "second chancers", his original argument is perfectly valid.

[quote="d_eicholz"]completely agree with allamericandan1. i find it concerning how many people on here are fighting what he is saying and even making fun of him. I don't have a chance to come on the boards much anymore but they are quite what they use to be.

All he is saying is that it happened and should be acknowledged. Once people acknowledge it, it can be rationally discussed. It can be discussed maybe why they did it, who's choice that was, was it the right thing to do with everything considered.

None of those things are saying anything negative about the band. Just because your kid who you love dearly does something wrong, it doesn't mean you should just pretend it didn't happen because you love them.

Ignoring something just because you don't like it is childish. Although he definitely got carried away when he started flaming people and calling people "second chancers", his original argument is perfectly valid.[/quote]

Exactly

Well, I came here for some cheering up, but with everyone mad about the pre-orders, the prices of the pre-orders, and the suspected lipsyncing on the concerts, it may have been better to stay away. :cry:

The ultimate facts are these-

1) Shinedown is one of the best bands around today. They are more down-to-earth and accessible than many other bands who have allowed fame to get in their way.

2) They love us and the support we give them, and IF they ARE lipsyncing, it is NOT to hurt us or cause us to dislike them, it is simply to make the live music sound better

3) The problems with the pre-orders are out of their hands, and I doubt they have anything to do with the pricing, and hopefully, they understand times are tough right now.

4) Shinedown does their best to keep us posted on how they are doing, what they are up to, and what's going on in their lives.

5) I agree that their M&G packages are very expensive, BUT they are STILL much less costly than some other groups whose names I will not mention.

6) I also agree that the Nation membership "specials" that were promised are few and far between, but I still love being able to come here and talk and vent with fellow Shinedown fans, and while there are some who complain a LOT on here, the Nation is one of the nicest fan clubs I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Perhaps we cn get away from the negative and back to the positive?

comments

[quote="d_eicholz"]completely agree with allamericandan1. i find it concerning how many people on here are fighting what he is saying and even making fun of him. I don't have a chance to come on the boards much anymore but they are quite what they use to be.

Ignoring something just because you don't like it is childish. Although he definitely got carried away when he started flaming people and calling people "second chancers", his original argument is perfectly valid.[/quote]

Exactly

completely agree with allamericandan1. i find it concerning how many people on here are fighting what he is saying and even making fun of him. I don't have a chance to come on the boards much anymore but they are quite what they use to be.

Ignoring something just because you don't like it is childish. Although he definitely got carried away when he started flaming people and calling people "second chancers", his original argument is perfectly valid.

he's a bit touchy isn't he :?

"Second Chancers"

I LOL'd

:lol:

Doesn't it occur to you that we come here because the atmosphere around here is so much nicer than on that dreaded black boards.
I left there because i was sick of the constant fighting and bickering and name calling, people even threatening eachother.
It's usually much fun around here.
obviously most of us don't want these discussions.
so why even try?

The fact is, we love this band no matter what becasue they are such great musicians and wonderfull persons

[quote="crueangel"][quote="brent_gave_me_his_beer"][quote="allamericandan1"][quote="zierten20"]lets be honest anyone who would question if brent lipsync'd isnt a true fan. i have been to 17 shinedown show 8 of them front row and trust me he does NOT lipsync. EVERY artist at some point uses a back track, just a part of concerts and if you dont like it dont go.

First of all, I don't spend the entire concert watching Brent like a hawk, but thanks for that.

Second, I do enjoy life, just because when I listen to the CD of COM and I HEAR the I Dare You being faked, doesn't mean I don't enjoy myself and have fun with those around me, whom I love and respect.

Third, I do enjoy Shinedown's music. Hence why I'm here. But for the love of god, it's not that big a deal to have people wanting to discuss something that they are doing wrong. This is what's wrong with society in general, no one has to have adult conversations about anything anymore. People just want to ignore anything and everything that could be even considered controversial.

At no point did I, or anyone who said Brent was lip syncing, say anything negative or defamatory towards the band or to any of you fine people. I said the constant questioning of another fan's loyalties and fanship is a "third grade mentality," which it is.

This is why these boards suck, no one wants to discuss anything interesting. No one wants to have a conversation. I wish the band's website people shut these boards down and kept the black boards up. At least that way you could have an adult conversation for free, instead of spending $35 bucks to talk to a bunch of Second Chancers and blind fans.

[quote]

Amen!!

@crueangel:RIGHT On!!!

[quote="brent_gave_me_his_beer"][quote="allamericandan1"][quote="zierten20"]lets be honest anyone who would question if brent lipsync'd isnt a true fan. i have been to 17 shinedown show 8 of them front row and trust me he does NOT lipsync. EVERY artist at some point uses a back track, just a part of concerts and if you dont like it dont go.

LIFE IS SHORT! STOP ANALYZING IT! :roll:

blah blah blah blah

I'm with crueangel

I haven't read on here in a while so am I bit disappointed at all the crap I'm seeing while I catch up. My thoughts as I go through this thread ...

They don't have to update us at all. They don't have to tell us what they're doing today. They don't have to do chats. They don't have to answer questions. They don't have to answer our tweets. They don't even have to be ON twitter or on the sd site, or anywhere for that matter. They could very well just crawl into a hole and disappear until it's time to release that next album. But ... they don't, and I truly believe they won't.

They do it FOR US. They keep us up to date FOR US. They do chats FOR US. And wow ... really ... there's not many bands that do that. They are BUSY. They have LIVES, FAMILIES. They're working on the next album and they STILL think of US.

I'm just ranting and raving. I think Atlantic is definately pulling some puppet strings around here and seriously fucking with us and them and it sucks.

[quote="zierten20"]sorry what I should have said is people who believe what brent was doing was lipsyncing are wrong. backtracking and lipsyncing are totally different. yes almost every band does use backtracking at some point including shinedown. mayube instead of saying not true fans I shoulda have said ignorant of the mechanics of a concert but i flung no INSULTS.

FYI I both play in a band and do soundboarding at a concert venue [got to help with finger 11 this year :)] so I have some experience with the mechanics of concerts[/quote]

Just because you are in a band and have experience with soundboarding doesn't automatically make you right. A casual music fan can see that it's plain as day that Brent is LIP SYNCING, not just using backing tracks. All you have to do is watch Devour from the electric show and see that in the bridge, the microphone leaves his mouth and the vocals are still playing. What does that mean? That means that he wasn't singing! Be a fan boy if you want, but I'm not gonna deny the facts.

no offense intended allamerican but that was zierten's opinion.just like you have your own.

Turning a blind eye to something the band does doesn't make you a better fan than someone who has the balls to admit the truth. Just because we admit that Brent is lip syncing, that doesn't mean we won't continue to support the band and go to the shows. Your logic makes no sense my friend.

[quote="zierten20"]lets be honest anyone who would question if brent lipsync'd isnt a true fan. i have been to 17 shinedown show 8 of them front row and trust me he does NOT lipsync. EVERY artist at some point uses a back track, just a part of concerts and if you dont like it dont go.

P.S. Duder, I've been to 17 SD concerts as well. So that numbers game shit ain't gonna fly.

Well crueangel I think you hit everything right on the nose. I agree with all said.hope you got your cheering up. Regardless of how they make the live shows sound like.the shows are still awsomeand I will still go and look foward to seeing the show.not worrying about how he's hitting all the notes.and I'm like you I get so excited to hear something new but I understand that all their energy is going to the new album and I prefer it that way.at least we know it'll be good. :D

THANK YOU to everyone for backing me up! I love Shinedown regardless. It amazes me that they tour for SO long for an album. They didn't even HAVE to do the Anything and Everything tour- they CHOSE to do it for US, the FANS, because that's what WE asked for!

I love that they are doing chats to keep us updated- they don't HAVE to do that, either! But I also get aggravated with all of the crazy questions they get asked. If I ask a question, it gets buried between "Do you lipsync" and "Any shows this year?"

It's not that I wouldn't LOVE to see them again- but they toured for over THREE YEARS for SOM- let the guys have a break! I was surprised they went into the studio so fast afte A&E. I thought they would at least take more then a couple of weeks off! But that is their drive- to make music!

As for the live shows- backing tracks and vocals or not- they still ROCK and Brent's voice can still give me chills! Nuff said on that subject! :evil:

And yes, I DO have rose colored glasses- I wear them on cloudy days. They make everything look brighter! :P

*getting off my soapbox*

PS- Thanks for the happy post, aromaine! :D

honestly I was very happy with the dvd/cd release. the fact that brent using backing tapes or anything else to help out with the songs is fine with me. The fact of the matter is I'm a fan of the band regardless. I will still go to a show and enjoy it. If people can't cope with that then that's fine but I am still going to keep going to shows I will still pay for the M&G's and I will stil continue to renew my membership on here. Because there are people on here that I would have never met had it not been for SHINEDOWN. They are and always will be the greatest band EVER.

Well said Crueangel. I think part of it is just the lack of stuff coming from the band because they ARE working on the album. Last year with all the tours and especially the CoM, there was just so much good stuff to talk about, like who got what package, who was going to which concert, what their favorite part/song/etc was. Now, it's just the little tidbits we get from the chats. Like I got super excited to hear the demo, just because it was something new from SD. However, I will say that the # of posters during the chats that are flooding the chats with the stupid lip syncing questions is annoying. It's getting so hard to ask the guys a "real" question, and by real, just something that they would actually answer. It doesn't bother me, I'd much rather focus on what's going on with the album or hear about random funny shit they like to talk about, such as Barry's daughter being terrified of a stuffed pig he got her.

And just for you, I will go down into "Devour" and post a happy post :)

Well said...you can see that he's singing in most of the parts and if he chooses to use a little help, while it is a little of a throw off, it's still a Shinedown show...Zach and Eric still playing guitars, Barry still pounding away. The more people point out that there was some help, the more we're going to think about it at a show, which is going to ruin the vibe.

I'm mad that people can not comprehend the difference between lip syncing and backing tapes.

Britney Spears LIP SYNCS. She does not sing AT ALL live. Not one note.

Brent MAY use backing tapes on certain songs which is to say he is still SINGING but "with help".

LOTS of bands use tapes to 'flesh' out the sound or give it some depth or 'punch'.

Songs are so layered and produced in-studio and live they sound flat and thin and by using tapes it just gives the song some support.

I see alot of talk about the chorus on Diamond Eyes. BRENT IS STILL SINGING!!!!! Yes,it appears he has some help but he is NOT lip syncing.

Another factor. Brent is such an aggressive singer and to sing these songs at full bore every night he would probably blow his voice.

Do you want that?

How would you like to have YOUR show canceled because Brent blew his voice and had to miss 3 weeks?

He may use the tapes (IF he does. I am speculating) to save and prolong his voice and to allow him to tour for 3 years straight so FANS get the chance to see Shinedown.

You can't even tell live. I wasn't sitting there during Diamond Eyes thinking..damn...he's faking it. WTF people?

I admit it does appear on the youtube videos that tapes are being used in some spots but you can not tell live AND it's only on a few songs.

If they didn't use tapes on DE it might sound like crap and people would cry about that.

:roll:

If you went to a show and had your night ruined because you think Brent uses tapes you are a very sad person.

Amen!!!!
I agree. Let's have some fun in here.
I've never been a member of any other fanclub, so i don't know how it's over there but i have met some extremely awesome people through these boards.