Rockford review

• Rockford review
    ShinedownPete

So the last of my 3 shows seeing Shinedown has ended and i feel i can't wait till Feb to see them again.

This time around it was myself, my wife and my daughter going..
    I had bought seats because my oldest felt the mosh pit was going to be to much for her and wanted to sit close instead being this Venue had a floor as well as seating around.

When we get there we thought let's try the floor but security made us go to our seats which were way to far for someone to see Shinedown if they love them.
    So after talking to Security they let us go on the floor and we got the front by Zach side.

Halestorm came on first and they were amazing and the crowd seem to start to get into it but seemed sort of blah this night.

Next was Shinedown it seems they were taking turns at each venue who who would close the show.

They came on and we were all pumped up but the crowd just was not into it like i have been to other shows and even Brent was like WTF.
    One thing Zach had know our daughter was going to this show and at one point looked right at us and pointed to my daughter and waved to her so that made her night.

They did not play Simple man and was the same set list as with the other shows. In the end Rockford let the guys down in my mind.

Papa roach came on and i thought ok if this crowd does not get in to them they suck.
    The were more alive for Papa roach but if you ever been to there show you know it get's crazy there.

I guess they were recording a live cd and this venue was one of the places they were recording. Once he told the crowd that they seem a little more into it..

At the end of the show Shinedown came on with Papa Roach and they did a U2 song Beautiful day..
    They seem to really enjoy playing together and was the best part of the night .
    I posted on my youtube.

I hope they decide to tour again together because it would be awesome to see at a better venue.

I had a blast seeing 3 shows almost back to back and as well meeting fellow Shinedown members.

On a side note i am not sure how many more post i have before memebership is up but it was a blast talking with all of you and it was fun.

I have some friends on facebook now from being on here and it was a joy and pleasure meeting Lori and Karen and this may be the end here but the road ahead looks amazing for the band.

So as i leave can i please see your fist in the air and never forget what you give to others you will always get back tenfold.

Submitted by ShinedownPete on
Forum category
Is pro
No

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 12/16/2009 - 12:25

it's always a dissapointment when the crowd is just not into it. great review nonetheless plizano. your a great person i hope to some day get to meet you in person. i'm glad you got to meet karen she is a really cool person. and lorilee i have not met but i hope to one day meet her as well. will you be renewing your membership for the nation? i'd hate for the family to lose out on a brother. i have not added you yet as a friend on facebook. how can i find you on there? rest assured i got my fist in the air and i'll always be rockin out. i long ago realized that true happiness lies in others and the relationships that you build with people. i'm proud to say i'm very fortunate to have met everyone on here. \m/ rock on.

dalamar_2

Wed, 12/16/2009 - 12:33

Especially since there are so few of us left. You'd better renew! :)

On a side note, I'm glad your daughter got to be waved at by Zach. I presume she expected that kind of recognition and felt somewhat betrayed by the distance. Funny how such simple gestures close up audience gaps and instantly brings a smile to a child's face.

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 12/16/2009 - 12:40

those simple gestures bring a smile to grown men too. just saying. lol.

dalamar_2

Wed, 12/16/2009 - 13:44

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]those simple gestures bring a smile to grown men too. just saying. lol.[/quote]

/wave!

smiling yet? :)

starsareforme

Wed, 12/16/2009 - 21:50

[color=indigo]So glad you all had such an awesome time. Glad Zach noticed your daughter. That's so awesome. It sucks that the crowd wasn't into it more. What was up with that?

I hope you renew. I don't know if we are friends on Facebook.[/color]

d_eicholz

Wed, 12/16/2009 - 23:35

hey man, nice review. yeah, makes me mad wen a crowd isn't getting into it. i saw theory of a deadman and daughtry and the crowd was completely dead. everyone in the seats just sat there. didn't sing along, didn't even stand. that is everyone but me and my friend and aunt. we eren't sure if we would make it so we ordered tickets really late so we were way up there. we all stood and sung and everytinhg. all the people looked at us like we were complete idiots. i was like wtf, isn't this a rock show? nobody on the floor was even jumping or anything. it was freakin weird.

ahhh, dude that sucks. u gotta renew! the nation can't afford to lose any more family members. i will definitely add u on facebook. we will miss u on here. i along with the rest of u hold my rawkfist high in the air

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 12/17/2009 - 09:12

[quote="dalamar"][quote="shinedownjunkie45"]those simple gestures bring a smile to grown men too. just saying. lol.[/quote]

/wave!

smiling yet? :)[/quote]
smiling proudly.

/waving right back at ya can you see it?

dalamar_2

Thu, 12/17/2009 - 10:27

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"][quote="dalamar"][quote="shinedownjunkie45"]those simple gestures bring a smile to grown men too. just saying. lol.[/quote]

/wave!

smiling proudly.

/waving right back at ya can you see it?[/quote]

weeeeeeeeeeee!

So the last of my 3 shows seeing Shinedown has ended and i feel i can't wait till Feb to see them again.

This time around it was myself, my wife and my daughter going..
I had bought seats because my oldest felt the mosh pit was going to be to much for her and wanted to sit close instead being this Venue had a floor as well as seating around.

When we get there we thought let's try the floor but security made us go to our seats which were way to far for someone to see Shinedown if they love them.
So after talking to Security they let us go on the floor and we got the front by Zach side.

Halestorm came on first and they were amazing and the crowd seem to start to get into it but seemed sort of blah this night.

Next was Shinedown it seems they were taking turns at each venue who who would close the show.

They came on and we were all pumped up but the crowd just was not into it like i have been to other shows and even Brent was like WTF.
One thing Zach had know our daughter was going to this show and at one point looked right at us and pointed to my daughter and waved to her so that made her night.

They did not play Simple man and was the same set list as with the other shows. In the end Rockford let the guys down in my mind.

Papa roach came on and i thought ok if this crowd does not get in to them they suck.
The were more alive for Papa roach but if you ever been to there show you know it get's crazy there.

I guess they were recording a live cd and this venue was one of the places they were recording. Once he told the crowd that they seem a little more into it..

At the end of the show Shinedown came on with Papa Roach and they did a U2 song Beautiful day..
They seem to really enjoy playing together and was the best part of the night .
I posted on my youtube.

I hope they decide to tour again together because it would be awesome to see at a better venue.

I had a blast seeing 3 shows almost back to back and as well meeting fellow Shinedown members.

On a side note i am not sure how many more post i have before memebership is up but it was a blast talking with all of you and it was fun.

I have some friends on facebook now from being on here and it was a joy and pleasure meeting Lori and Karen and this may be the end here but the road ahead looks amazing for the band.

So as i leave can i please see your fist in the air and never forget what you give to others you will always get back tenfold.

comments

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"][quote="dalamar"][quote="shinedownjunkie45"]those simple gestures bring a smile to grown men too. just saying. lol.[/quote]

/wave!

smiling proudly.

/waving right back at ya can you see it?[/quote]

weeeeeeeeeeee!

[quote="dalamar"][quote="shinedownjunkie45"]those simple gestures bring a smile to grown men too. just saying. lol.[/quote]

/wave!

smiling proudly.

/waving right back at ya can you see it?

hey man, nice review. yeah, makes me mad wen a crowd isn't getting into it. i saw theory of a deadman and daughtry and the crowd was completely dead. everyone in the seats just sat there. didn't sing along, didn't even stand. that is everyone but me and my friend and aunt. we eren't sure if we would make it so we ordered tickets really late so we were way up there. we all stood and sung and everytinhg. all the people looked at us like we were complete idiots. i was like wtf, isn't this a rock show? nobody on the floor was even jumping or anything. it was freakin weird.

ahhh, dude that sucks. u gotta renew! the nation can't afford to lose any more family members. i will definitely add u on facebook. we will miss u on here. i along with the rest of u hold my rawkfist high in the air

[color=indigo]So glad you all had such an awesome time. Glad Zach noticed your daughter. That's so awesome. It sucks that the crowd wasn't into it more. What was up with that?

I hope you renew. I don't know if we are friends on Facebook.[/color]

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]those simple gestures bring a smile to grown men too. just saying. lol.[/quote]

/wave!

smiling yet? :)

those simple gestures bring a smile to grown men too. just saying. lol.

Especially since there are so few of us left. You'd better renew! :)

On a side note, I'm glad your daughter got to be waved at by Zach. I presume she expected that kind of recognition and felt somewhat betrayed by the distance. Funny how such simple gestures close up audience gaps and instantly brings a smile to a child's face.

it's always a dissapointment when the crowd is just not into it. great review nonetheless plizano. your a great person i hope to some day get to meet you in person. i'm glad you got to meet karen she is a really cool person. and lorilee i have not met but i hope to one day meet her as well. will you be renewing your membership for the nation? i'd hate for the family to lose out on a brother. i have not added you yet as a friend on facebook. how can i find you on there? rest assured i got my fist in the air and i'll always be rockin out. i long ago realized that true happiness lies in others and the relationships that you build with people. i'm proud to say i'm very fortunate to have met everyone on here. \m/ rock on.