Record Sales

• Record Sales
    ctholc

Anyone heard the latest on the sales of TSOM??

Just wondering..The last I heard was 50 K ..Gotta be well beyond that.

Is there anywhere that you can look this info up?

Submitted by ctholc on
Forum category
Is pro
No

it sold 23,000 this week so its up to 73,000

synneraboveall

Sun, 07/13/2008 - 01:05

That is kind of sad that they dropped from debuting at #8 all the way down to #24. I wasn't expecting them to go up...but didn't expect them to drop so much..damn...well in the end they'll end up selling lots more album..that's all the matters.

romancerockstar

Sun, 07/13/2008 - 01:14

[quote="synneraboveall"]That is kind of sad that they dropped from debuting at #8 all the way down to #24. I wasn't expecting them to go up...but didn't expect them to drop so much..damn...well in the end they'll end up selling lots more album..that's all the matters.[/quote]

:( I know - I was very disappointed. I checked it yesterday hoping that they would have atleast stayed close to #8. When I saw it was 24th, my heart sank. But I do agree, they will sell ALOT more!

I know that I have purchased 6 copies. I pre-ordered one - black cover. So then I bought a white cover to keep. Then bought one for my husband, my sister, my best friend and one for my dad.

This is what everyone that I know will get for their birthdays, if they don't already have it!

synneraboveall

Mon, 07/14/2008 - 01:11

[quote="romancerockstar"][quote="synneraboveall"]That is kind of sad that they dropped from debuting at #8 all the way down to #24. I wasn't expecting them to go up...but didn't expect them to drop so much..damn...well in the end they'll end up selling lots more album..that's all the matters.[/quote]

:( I know - I was very disappointed. I checked it yesterday hoping that they would have atleast stayed close to #8. When I saw it was 24th, my heart sank. But I do agree, they will sell ALOT more!

I know that I have purchased 6 copies. I pre-ordered one - black cover. So then I bought a white cover to keep. Then bought one for my husband, my sister, my best friend and one for my dad.

This is what everyone that I know will get for their birthdays, if they don't already have it![/quote]

My heart sank, too. I havn't bought that many albums yet..but I need a new black album cause my cd is already starting to skip...lol I think though I might end up buying a few more for some friends cause they don't feel like paying for them...they just wanna copy it from me.

I hope the album goes DIAMOND...lol actually I just hope the album does better than Us & Them and as good as LAW.

I am very upset with Circuit City, on their website the only give TSOM 2.5 stars, they should be f*cking ashamed of themselves.

AllAmericanDan1

Thu, 08/28/2008 - 22:32

Fuck the spotlight! If people would rather listen to the garbage out there today rather than Shinedown, I say fuck 'em! They can listen to their songs about fucking bitches and ho's and getting into fights for no reason or whine about how their parents didn't give them their allowance...they'll never know the majesty that is "The Crow and the Butterfly" and the other greats by Shinedown. If we just get it through our heads now that most Americans have very, very shitty taste in music we'll all feel a lot better.

#24 on the charts, against WHAT!? Sickening

It's a goddamn outrage, people that dont love shinedown suck

allamericandan1

why on earth would you want shinedown to cover a rush song? two different worlds dude

AllAmericanDan1

Fri, 08/29/2008 - 14:15

[quote="logogal"]allamericandan1

why on earth would you want shinedown to cover a rush song? two different worlds dude[/quote]

You've heard the song "Subdivisons", right? It's lyrically right up Shinedown's alley. Musically their different, yeah, but Brent Smith says Otis Redding is one of his influences and musically they are further apart than Rush. Hell, "Junkies for Fame" and "Limelight" are very, very similar in terms of the meanings to the songs!

Also, both have had albums early on in their careers with birds on the cover (Rush's Fly by Night had an owl, TSOM has crows), on both those albums both bands have story like songs "By-Tor and the Snowdog" and "The Crow and the Butterfly." Both bands had their (at the time) guitarists unjustly attacked by corrupt police in Florida. And many of their songs are similar in terms of themes (outcasts, being a "rebel", and learning to appreciate life are just a few examples.

Rush is noted as being a huge influence on bands such as Metallica, Primus, Smashing Pumpkins, Dream Theater, and many others...whose to say that not one out of the 5 people in Shinedown thinks "hey Subdivisions is a pretty jamming tune, let's try it out as a B-side or something?"

Besides, you know how simple minded it sounds to say that Shinedown shouldn't cover a song because the original artist is "worlds apart"? John Lennon, U2, Queen, Lynard Skynard all bands/artists Shinedown has covered...how are they any different than Rush (with the only exception being Skynard because they are southern rock and from Jacksonville). But Queen, U2, and John Lennon...those three are as far from Shinedown as Rush, amigo.

romancerockstar

Sat, 08/30/2008 - 03:34

[quote="allamericandan1"][quote="logogal"]allamericandan1

why on earth would you want shinedown to cover a rush song? two different worlds dude[/quote]

You've heard the song "Subdivisons", right? It's lyrically right up Shinedown's alley. Musically their different, yeah, but Brent Smith says Otis Redding is one of his influences and musically they are further apart than Rush. Hell, "Junkies for Fame" and "Limelight" are very, very similar in terms of the meanings to the songs!

Also, both have had albums early on in their careers with birds on the cover (Rush's Fly by Night had an owl, TSOM has crows), on both those albums both bands have story like songs "By-Tor and the Snowdog" and "The Crow and the Butterfly." Both bands had their (at the time) guitarists unjustly attacked by corrupt police in Florida. And many of their songs are similar in terms of themes (outcasts, being a "rebel", and learning to appreciate life are just a few examples.

Rush is noted as being a huge influence on bands such as Metallica, Primus, Smashing Pumpkins, Dream Theater, and many others...whose to say that not one out of the 5 people in Shinedown thinks "hey Subdivisions is a pretty jamming tune, let's try it out as a B-side or something?"

Besides, you know how simple minded it sounds to say that Shinedown shouldn't cover a song because the original artist is "worlds apart"? John Lennon, U2, Queen, Lynard Skynard all bands/artists Shinedown has covered...how are they any different than Rush (with the only exception being Skynard because they are southern rock and from Jacksonville). But Queen, U2, and John Lennon...those three are as far from Shinedown as Rush, amigo.[/quote]

Kudos! Very well said! I'm impressed with your detailed comparisons - I would not have seen them otherwise. I think it's great that you look beyond the genre and see deeper into the spirit behind the music. If SD were to do another cover, I think you made a great suggestion.

Just my 2 cents... :wink:

Anyone heard the latest on the sales of TSOM??

Just wondering..The last I heard was 50 K ..Gotta be well beyond that.

Is there anywhere that you can look this info up?

comments

[quote="allamericandan1"][quote="logogal"]allamericandan1

Besides, you know how simple minded it sounds to say that Shinedown shouldn't cover a song because the original artist is "worlds apart"? John Lennon, U2, Queen, Lynard Skynard all bands/artists Shinedown has covered...how are they any different than Rush (with the only exception being Skynard because they are southern rock and from Jacksonville). But Queen, U2, and John Lennon...those three are as far from Shinedown as Rush, amigo.[/quote]

Kudos! Very well said! I'm impressed with your detailed comparisons - I would not have seen them otherwise. I think it's great that you look beyond the genre and see deeper into the spirit behind the music. If SD were to do another cover, I think you made a great suggestion.

Just my 2 cents... :wink:

[quote="logogal"]allamericandan1

Besides, you know how simple minded it sounds to say that Shinedown shouldn't cover a song because the original artist is "worlds apart"? John Lennon, U2, Queen, Lynard Skynard all bands/artists Shinedown has covered...how are they any different than Rush (with the only exception being Skynard because they are southern rock and from Jacksonville). But Queen, U2, and John Lennon...those three are as far from Shinedown as Rush, amigo.

allamericandan1

why on earth would you want shinedown to cover a rush song? two different worlds dude

It's a goddamn outrage, people that dont love shinedown suck

Fuck the spotlight! If people would rather listen to the garbage out there today rather than Shinedown, I say fuck 'em! They can listen to their songs about fucking bitches and ho's and getting into fights for no reason or whine about how their parents didn't give them their allowance...they'll never know the majesty that is "The Crow and the Butterfly" and the other greats by Shinedown. If we just get it through our heads now that most Americans have very, very shitty taste in music we'll all feel a lot better.

#24 on the charts, against WHAT!? Sickening

I am very upset with Circuit City, on their website the only give TSOM 2.5 stars, they should be f*cking ashamed of themselves.

[quote="romancerockstar"][quote="synneraboveall"]That is kind of sad that they dropped from debuting at #8 all the way down to #24. I wasn't expecting them to go up...but didn't expect them to drop so much..damn...well in the end they'll end up selling lots more album..that's all the matters.[/quote]

This is what everyone that I know will get for their birthdays, if they don't already have it![/quote]

My heart sank, too. I havn't bought that many albums yet..but I need a new black album cause my cd is already starting to skip...lol I think though I might end up buying a few more for some friends cause they don't feel like paying for them...they just wanna copy it from me.

I hope the album goes DIAMOND...lol actually I just hope the album does better than Us & Them and as good as LAW.

[quote="synneraboveall"]That is kind of sad that they dropped from debuting at #8 all the way down to #24. I wasn't expecting them to go up...but didn't expect them to drop so much..damn...well in the end they'll end up selling lots more album..that's all the matters.[/quote]

This is what everyone that I know will get for their birthdays, if they don't already have it!

That is kind of sad that they dropped from debuting at #8 all the way down to #24. I wasn't expecting them to go up...but didn't expect them to drop so much..damn...well in the end they'll end up selling lots more album..that's all the matters.

www.billboard.com

www.soundscan.com

Soundscan gathers the information and releases it on Tuesday to Billboard.

it sold 23,000 this week so its up to 73,000