RANT **warning contains f-bombs**

• RANT **warning contains f-bombs**
    evenangelsfall

So I am looking for a job. I have tried for almost a YEAR trying to get a cake decorating job, but no one wants to hire me bc I don't have "prof. exp" Ok fuckin great. So I am just gonna put that shit on hold and get a normal boring fuckin job.

WHY THE FUCK are there so many classifieds out there for big shot positions??? Exec's and managers and shit. I mean seriously?? Are there THAT many sucessful top dogs out there fucking web surfing for a job??? I don't think so. AND!! And why are people allowed on REAL classified site i.e. monster, careerbuilder, hotjobs, snagajob, etc to fuckin post those "want to make one billion dollars a day JUST by taking online surveys??" And type from home and make 3,000,000 dollars an hour. OH MY GOD.

*bangs fuckin head*

:twisted:
    Ok
    /rant

Submitted by evenangelsfall on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Sorry to hear about the hard time with the job! Best of luck and shinedown hugs to you on getting what you wish for!

evenangelsfall

Thu, 07/31/2008 - 10:32

thanks for that, but OMG, guess what!!
I got a call back from a bakery, I have an interview Tuesday!!!! YAY!!!

JeffTaormina

Thu, 07/31/2008 - 10:56

So set one of your friends up as a bakery and put that on your resume.
When the places call your friend they answer "Jack's bakery can i halp you"
Don't ever let anyone tell you you can't!
When they do show them you can.
I have seen your cakes and I would hire you in a heart beat if I had the need for it!

Never give up your dream. I say go for it!!!

Don't let anyone stop you!

synneraboveall

Thu, 07/31/2008 - 13:14

[quote="evenangelsfall"]thanks for that, but OMG, guess what!!
I got a call back from a bakery, I have an interview Tuesday!!!! YAY!!![/quote]

Awesome...GOOD LUCK with the interview!!!!

Good Luck and let us know how it goes!!!

*crosses fingers*

and Jaster is spot on....never give up the dream.

evenangelsfall

Thu, 07/31/2008 - 23:04

Thanks to you all! I'm REALLY hoping that this works out for me!! I'm so excited!

And yeh I'll take in my pix, I have a lil portfolio set up with pix and descriptions and such.

I have to be put on the spot at the interview and decorate a cake in front of them... but I have already got a few idears whipped up. :wink:

Again, thanks you all! :mrgreen:

JeffTaormina

Fri, 08/01/2008 - 06:45

We are pullin' for ya!!!!

Every one focus on evenangelsfall pulling this off!!

I know you will do fine. As I said before your work is amazing.
Let your cakes speak for themselves!!

Knock their socks off!!!!
:wink: :wink:

shinersweetie_4300

Mon, 08/04/2008 - 00:15

good luck to you hun! i have been looking for another vet assistant position for three years!! and i have exp. and a certificate. i hope i hear from the job i just sent my resume out for about two weeks ago. i am tired of developing film and dealing with peoples attitudes over stupid crap! sorry to rant on your board, but i understand the frustration. i have been at my hellhole of a job for 6 years. i am sure you will get the job. i am pulling for ya hun!

evenangelsfall

Mon, 08/04/2008 - 03:00

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH ONE MORE DAY!

I'm kinda nervous now :oops:

evenangelsfall

Mon, 08/04/2008 - 03:01

[quote="shinersweetie"]good luck to you hun! i have been looking for another vet assistant position for three years!! and i have exp. and a certificate. i hope i hear from the job i just sent my resume out for about two weeks ago. i am tired of developing film and dealing with peoples attitudes over stupid crap! sorry to rant on your board, but i understand the frustration. i have been at my hellhole of a job for 6 years. i am sure you will get the job. i am pulling for ya hun![/quote]

BTW, developing film, etc.... where are you working to do that, when you should be a vet assistant?!?!

shinersweetie_4300

Mon, 08/04/2008 - 13:23

i work at a place called meijer..it is a supermarket like wal-mart...but it is unionized and privately owned. yes i should be a vet assistant. i miss it so much. i am thinking here in the next week i may send my resume out to a couple of places around here.

evenangelsfall

Mon, 08/04/2008 - 17:50

Oh ok I've heard of them.

You should most def send out your resume!!!! Don't give up. And while you are waiting to hear back, at least your making sum money! So that's always a good thing.

shinersweetie_4300

Tue, 08/05/2008 - 01:25

yes it is...but things are getting really bad there and im tired of being treated like crap. oh well, i just hope things change for the better and i am working at my dream job again!

evenangelsfall

Wed, 08/06/2008 - 17:05

Well, the interview went really well!!! I decorated a cake in front of the lead decorator and she liked it.

I won't hear anything until next week because they are having 3 interviews this week, so it's still a waiting game, but I feel really good about it.

Just wanting to let you know!! :wink:

JeffTaormina

Wed, 08/06/2008 - 20:02

[quote="evenangelsfall"]Well, the interview went really well!!! I decorated a cake in front of the lead decorator and she liked it.

I won't hear anything until next week because they are having 3 interviews this week, so it's still a waiting game, but I feel really good about it.

Just wanting to let you know!! :wink:[/quote]

Great We are still pullin' for ya!!! :wink: :P :lol:

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~*happy shinedown dance for you*

:D

shinersweetie_4300

Wed, 08/06/2008 - 23:59

i hope you get the job! =)

synneraboveall

Thu, 08/07/2008 - 00:15

That's awesome...I really hope you get the job cause that would be so cool!!!!

evenangelsfall

Fri, 08/08/2008 - 00:20

Thanks yall, I know that this week will CREEP BY!!!! Haha :?

synneraboveall

Fri, 08/08/2008 - 01:01

[quote="fenderguitars777"]Any company that doesn't hire you is retarded :o[/quote]

I agree!!!!!

evenangelsfall

Fri, 08/08/2008 - 02:28

[quote="synneraboveall"][quote="fenderguitars777"]Any company that doesn't hire you is retarded :o[/quote]

I agree!!!!![/quote]

Haha thanks but apparently they are all tards down here, as no one has hired me yet huh?!?!! :P

JeffTaormina

Fri, 08/08/2008 - 08:09

[quote="evenangelsfall"][quote="synneraboveall"][quote="fenderguitars777"]Any company that doesn't hire you is retarded :o[/quote]

I agree!!!!![/quote]

Haha thanks but apparently they are all tards down here, as no one has hired me yet huh?!?!! :P[/quote]
I think you should start your own!!

beyondthesun

Fri, 08/08/2008 - 20:55

shinersweetie i hear you i worked in a photolab for 2 years and the customers are rediculously rude about the most simplest things and evenangelsfall i wouldnt worry you have some serious skills and are bound to get a job somewhere

shinersweetie_4300

Sat, 08/09/2008 - 01:31

thanks beyondthesun. it has been a rough road. i want to go back to working as a veterinary assistant so bad. i loved my job. i almost quit my current job today. realllly bad day today! thanks for the words of encoragement though!

evenangelsfall

Wed, 08/13/2008 - 12:26

I guess my rant continues on................

I DIDN'T GET THE JOB

:evil:

[quote="evenangelsfall"]I guess my rant continues on................

I DIDN'T GET THE JOB

:evil:[/quote]

I really believe that things happen for a specific reason, and that one was just not the one for you. It will happen for you, and you will instantly recognize it when it does. My thoughts are with you....

Alvin

synneraboveall

Thu, 08/14/2008 - 00:37

I DIDN'T GET THE JOB

Are you serious....they all f'in retards down there...what more do they want you cakes are amazing...f'in mother f'ers!!!!!!!

JeffTaormina

Thu, 08/14/2008 - 07:33

[quote="fenderguitars777"]Ever think of starting your own bakery?[/quote]

Hey I said that a page back LOL

Just do wild caks for birthdays and events....Start small from home, take out some local ads,build a following then rent a small store front.....

You can do it!!

synneraboveall

Thu, 08/14/2008 - 23:57

[quote="jaster"][quote="fenderguitars777"]Ever think of starting your own bakery?[/quote]

Just do wild caks for birthdays and events....Start small from home, take out some local ads,build a following then rent a small store front.....

You can do it!![/quote]

Yeah..what he said!!!!!!

*hugs* never give up the dream and if when you get a web site devoted to your amazing cakes, let us know so we can pump it up for you!!!!!

So I am looking for a job. I have tried for almost a YEAR trying to get a cake decorating job, but no one wants to hire me bc I don't have "prof. exp" Ok fuckin great. So I am just gonna put that shit on hold and get a normal boring fuckin job.

WHY THE FUCK are there so many classifieds out there for big shot positions??? Exec's and managers and shit. I mean seriously?? Are there THAT many sucessful top dogs out there fucking web surfing for a job??? I don't think so. AND!! And why are people allowed on REAL classified site i.e. monster, careerbuilder, hotjobs, snagajob, etc to fuckin post those "want to make one billion dollars a day JUST by taking online surveys??" And type from home and make 3,000,000 dollars an hour. OH MY GOD.

*bangs fuckin head*

:twisted:
Ok
/rant

comments

[quote="evenangelsfall"]I said even before I went in to the demo/interview that I wouldn't let it get to me. Well I failed at that and it has really really put me in a funk, Well not just that. But I am kinda going thru alot of bullshit in my life at the moment, so not getting that job really topped it off.

I am lost right now with ALOT of things in my life. My kids, my relationship, my ex, the place I'm living now, not having money, not having a job, my extended family, not being happy. I am a pretty down and depressed person right now. And I hate it bc its NOT ME, I am never like this and I don't know the first step at WHAT THE FUCK I SHOULD DO.

That's why I haven't been around much lately and stuff. I still like yall. I'm just in a funk. And it sucks. Hardcore. No worries, I won't turn emo......... fuck that. But I am feeling really lo.[/quote]
evenangelsfall take a breath count to 10 if you still feel down count again.
Everything will work out. I know I have been at rock bottom.
I turned into a totaly diferent person after 9/11
I let it rip me apart. I am just now getting it back together.
If you ever need some one to vent to PM me.

That's what friends are for!

hey evenangelsfall never give up. and keep your head up. we all have tough times but keep your head up and looking ahead. soon your luck will turn and all those who turned you down will regret their decision. just keep at it. if decorating is your passion then never let that go.

Your cakes are beautiful!!!!!!!!!! I hope you find something where you can put your talent to use!

I need a good cupcake recipe. Got one tried and true???

Have you given thought of moving to Atlanta? 100's of opportunities here. Not too far from Jacksonville.

[quote="mollie"]*hugs* never give up the dream and if when you get a web site devoted to your amazing cakes, let us know so we can pump it up for you!!!!![/quote]

Thanks sweetcheeks. Want a sneek preview?
It totally sucks at the moment......... And its a free site so they won't let me upload alot of pix........ but here it is thus far:

SOUND ON!!!!!!! btw:

[url]http://www.freewebs.com/creativechaoscakes/[/url]

[quote="fenderguitars777"]Too bad you dont live in Jersey. I was on my way to a concert yesterday and i saw a bakery with a sign saying "cake decorator wanted"[/quote]

Hmm yeh that's quite a move I'd have ta make.

I said even before I went in to the demo/interview that I wouldn't let it get to me. Well I failed at that and it has really really put me in a funk, Well not just that. But I am kinda going thru alot of bullshit in my life at the moment, so not getting that job really topped it off.

I am lost right now with ALOT of things in my life. My kids, my relationship, my ex, the place I'm living now, not having money, not having a job, my extended family, not being happy. I am a pretty down and depressed person right now. And I hate it bc its NOT ME, I am never like this and I don't know the first step at WHAT THE FUCK I SHOULD DO.

That's why I haven't been around much lately and stuff. I still like yall. I'm just in a funk. And it sucks. Hardcore. No worries, I won't turn emo......... fuck that. But I am feeling really lo.

*hugs* never give up the dream and if when you get a web site devoted to your amazing cakes, let us know so we can pump it up for you!!!!!

[quote="jaster"][quote="fenderguitars777"]Ever think of starting your own bakery?[/quote]

You can do it!![/quote]

Yeah..what he said!!!!!!

[quote="fenderguitars777"]Ever think of starting your own bakery?[/quote]

You can do it!!

I DIDN'T GET THE JOB

Are you serious....they all f'in retards down there...what more do they want you cakes are amazing...f'in mother f'ers!!!!!!!

I DIDN'T GET THE JOB

I really believe that things happen for a specific reason, and that one was just not the one for you. It will happen for you, and you will instantly recognize it when it does. My thoughts are with you....

Alvin

I guess my rant continues on................

I DIDN'T GET THE JOB

:evil:

thanks beyondthesun. it has been a rough road. i want to go back to working as a veterinary assistant so bad. i loved my job. i almost quit my current job today. realllly bad day today! thanks for the words of encoragement though!

shinersweetie i hear you i worked in a photolab for 2 years and the customers are rediculously rude about the most simplest things and evenangelsfall i wouldnt worry you have some serious skills and are bound to get a job somewhere

[quote="evenangelsfall"][quote="synneraboveall"][quote="fenderguitars777"]Any company that doesn't hire you is retarded :o[/quote]

I agree!!!!![/quote]

Haha thanks but apparently they are all tards down here, as no one has hired me yet huh?!?!! :P[/quote]
I think you should start your own!!

[quote="synneraboveall"][quote="fenderguitars777"]Any company that doesn't hire you is retarded :o[/quote]

I agree!!!!![/quote]

Haha thanks but apparently they are all tards down here, as no one has hired me yet huh?!?!! :P

[quote="fenderguitars777"]Any company that doesn't hire you is retarded :o[/quote]

I agree!!!!!

Thanks yall, I know that this week will CREEP BY!!!! Haha :?

That's awesome...I really hope you get the job cause that would be so cool!!!!

i hope you get the job! =)

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~*happy shinedown dance for you*

:D

[quote="evenangelsfall"]Well, the interview went really well!!! I decorated a cake in front of the lead decorator and she liked it.

Just wanting to let you know!! :wink:[/quote]

Great We are still pullin' for ya!!! :wink: :P :lol:

Well, the interview went really well!!! I decorated a cake in front of the lead decorator and she liked it.

Just wanting to let you know!! :wink:

yes it is...but things are getting really bad there and im tired of being treated like crap. oh well, i just hope things change for the better and i am working at my dream job again!

Oh ok I've heard of them.

You should most def send out your resume!!!! Don't give up. And while you are waiting to hear back, at least your making sum money! So that's always a good thing.

i work at a place called meijer..it is a supermarket like wal-mart...but it is unionized and privately owned. yes i should be a vet assistant. i miss it so much. i am thinking here in the next week i may send my resume out to a couple of places around here.

[quote="shinersweetie"]good luck to you hun! i have been looking for another vet assistant position for three years!! and i have exp. and a certificate. i hope i hear from the job i just sent my resume out for about two weeks ago. i am tired of developing film and dealing with peoples attitudes over stupid crap! sorry to rant on your board, but i understand the frustration. i have been at my hellhole of a job for 6 years. i am sure you will get the job. i am pulling for ya hun![/quote]

BTW, developing film, etc.... where are you working to do that, when you should be a vet assistant?!?!

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH ONE MORE DAY!

I'm kinda nervous now :oops:

good luck to you hun! i have been looking for another vet assistant position for three years!! and i have exp. and a certificate. i hope i hear from the job i just sent my resume out for about two weeks ago. i am tired of developing film and dealing with peoples attitudes over stupid crap! sorry to rant on your board, but i understand the frustration. i have been at my hellhole of a job for 6 years. i am sure you will get the job. i am pulling for ya hun!

We are pullin' for ya!!!!

Every one focus on evenangelsfall pulling this off!!

I know you will do fine. As I said before your work is amazing.
Let your cakes speak for themselves!!

Knock their socks off!!!!
:wink: :wink:

Thanks to you all! I'm REALLY hoping that this works out for me!! I'm so excited!

And yeh I'll take in my pix, I have a lil portfolio set up with pix and descriptions and such.

I have to be put on the spot at the interview and decorate a cake in front of them... but I have already got a few idears whipped up. :wink:

Again, thanks you all! :mrgreen:

Good Luck and let us know how it goes!!!

*crosses fingers*

and Jaster is spot on....never give up the dream.

[quote="evenangelsfall"]thanks for that, but OMG, guess what!!
I got a call back from a bakery, I have an interview Tuesday!!!! YAY!!![/quote]

Awesome...GOOD LUCK with the interview!!!!

So set one of your friends up as a bakery and put that on your resume.
When the places call your friend they answer "Jack's bakery can i halp you"
Don't ever let anyone tell you you can't!
When they do show them you can.
I have seen your cakes and I would hire you in a heart beat if I had the need for it!

Never give up your dream. I say go for it!!!

Don't let anyone stop you!

thanks for that, but OMG, guess what!!
I got a call back from a bakery, I have an interview Tuesday!!!! YAY!!!

Sorry to hear about the hard time with the job! Best of luck and shinedown hugs to you on getting what you wish for!