Question about Brent.

• Question about Brent.
    luvmy3

I know many around here call Brent the Reverand But just how did he come about getting that nick name or title if you want to call it that. Does he know we call him that?

Submitted by luvmy3 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 05/13/2010 - 12:32

hello there. brent got the nickname a while back maybe about two or three years ago. the reason we started calling him that is because every night throughout the course of the Sd show he will hop up on his box and preach to us life lessons. he is far superior in his knowledge of various subjects even though he is very humble about it fact remains he is very wise. I don't know who started it for sure but when I first called him like that back on the other Sd boards some others had said they were calling him that before I was, so it's up in the air about who first started it. He is like a reverand standing up there and sharing stories and experiences about life and the world. I think the name fits him well. He is aware of the name I've heard him say that he is very humbled by the nickname but admits he is not a reverand and insists he is a normal guy. To me he'll always be an incredibly wise man and for that I still call him Rev. Smith.

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]hello there. brent got the nickname a while back maybe about two or three years ago. the reason we started calling him that is because every night throughout the course of the Sd show he will hop up on his box and preach to us life lessons. he is far superior in his knowledge of various subjects even though he is very humble about it fact remains he is very wise. I don't know who started it for sure but when I first called him like that back on the other Sd boards some others had said they were calling him that before I was, so it's up in the air about who first started it. He is like a reverand standing up there and sharing stories and experiences about life and the world. I think the name fits him well. He is aware of the name I've heard him say that he is very humbled by the nickname but admits he is not a reverand and insists he is a normal guy. To me he'll always be an incredibly wise man and for that I still call him Rev. Smith.[/quote]

Awsome, thanks Tony, lol. I was actually looking around the boards for you as I figured it would be you who would answer first =) Thanks Yoda

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 05/13/2010 - 12:39

haha. no problem. i'm glad i could help and redeem my self as a source of information when it comes to Shinedown. lol. (fist pumping in the airrrrr) yeah.

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]haha. no problem. i'm glad i could help and redeem my self as a source of information when it comes to Shinedown. lol. (fist pumping in the airrrrr) yeah.[/quote]

Why would you have needed to redeem yourself?

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 05/13/2010 - 12:41

haha. cuz there was that other question last time that i was not able to answer and everyone practically fainted from shock and sheer disbelief lol.

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]haha. cuz there was that other question last time that i was not able to answer and everyone practically fainted from shock and sheer disbelief lol.[/quote]

Just tell them all it was your day off, everyone needs and has those.

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 05/13/2010 - 12:43

haha. true that. very well put. makes me feel better indeed. :)

Happy to be of service at making you feel better. Thats two times now that I've done so =)

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 05/13/2010 - 16:12

haha i know right.

Awww, Tony, you don't need to ever redeem yourself. And no one is perfect. You've built up more than enough info that you are allowed your off day every now and then. Or off week even.

ShinedownChica

Thu, 05/13/2010 - 20:28

people round here say i know too much and im like the most clueless on here sometimes.... tony youre like our shinedown genius.... we just think you know everything even though we don't expect you to cuz you just seem to.....

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 05/14/2010 - 09:16

well thank you to both of you for the kind words. i will do my best to keep you all informed with the answer to your questions. i"m constantly online reading up on stuff and watching vids so that's why I know as much as I do. By no means would I ever consider myself a Shinedown genius. I'm just a Sdjunkie who can't get enough of this great band and until recently their fans as well. :twisted: thanks to all my Sd nation family for the continued support. Informing you with as much information as he can Shinedownjunkie45 aka Yoda will.

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]well thank you to both of you for the kind words. i will do my best to keep you all informed with the answer to your questions. i"m constantly online reading up on stuff and watching vids so that's why I know as much as I do. By no means would I ever consider myself a Shinedown genius. I'm just a Sdjunkie who can't get enough of this great band and until recently their fans as well. :twisted: thanks to all my Sd nation family for the continued support. Informing you with as much information as he can Shinedownjunkie45 aka Yoda will.[/quote]

And thank you too for being our Yoda, I don't know what we would do without you =) I also have to agree that the fans on SDN our amazing aswell, and have deffinately become a second family to me. And yes that includes you Tony.

randomsunkist17

Fri, 05/14/2010 - 13:14

Yay, warm and fuzzies all around! Lol. I do agree that this has become like a family to me as well. Thank you everyone for making the last month (wow a month already) a fun and awesome one on here. ^-^

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 05/14/2010 - 15:44

your both very welcome. I'm just glad I have someone to share my knowledge with. Sometimes I share things with my wife and she is just like wow you ahve so much info about them in your head I just laugh cuz I don't really think about it that way. I just like to know about them cuz I'm a huge fan lol.

I just had a great idea! (I know...everyone's allowed them every once in a while). Our resident genius, Yoda, should totally write the band's biography! I mean, I know I'd go out and buy it! Plus, think of all the cool stuff he could write about...

randomsunkist17

Fri, 05/14/2010 - 17:01

That would be awesome. What do you think Yoda?

NOw that's a book i would certainly buy!!

ShinedownChica

Fri, 05/14/2010 - 21:39

I dont think we should fight over copies before Yoda agrees

Speaking of Yoda I am suprised he has not replyed to this yet, lol.

Yeah me too :)

[quote="siouxi"]Yeah me too :)[/quote]

Hey momma =)
Maybe he is out celebrating his graduating from University, I just thought about that.

Off course, i should have thought about that :)

shinedownjunkie45

Sat, 05/15/2010 - 08:04

hey everyone, sorry i did not reply sooner. I was out and about finishing up somethings with my university. I will officially have my commencement ceremony today so I'll celebrate tonight. My brother came in from out of town for my graduation so I went to see him at his hotel. That's why I hadn't been on here in a while. I think that's a really cool idea to write a bio on Sd. I wouldn't know if I could do the band justice with my bio. Now that I have graduated I'll have more time to do that lol. I can definately give it a shot. I'll write up and I'll post it somewhere or email it to you all so you can see it. I wouldn't ever charge for something like that especially not to my Sd nation family.

ShinedownChica

Sat, 05/15/2010 - 08:31

Sounds like fun with your brother! Yay for Tony Yodaaaa!!! He is amazing :D happy you like the idea as much as the rest of us doooo!

randomsunkist17

Sat, 05/15/2010 - 08:59

Definitely man. I can't wait to read it when you do it. :D

ShinedownChica

Sat, 05/15/2010 - 09:05

yeah agreed..... yaaaaaaay tp SDN family warm and fuzzies moments!!!!!!!

randomsunkist17

Sat, 05/15/2010 - 09:15

Lol, we should have a warm and fuzzies thread where we do nothing but give each other warm and fuzzies.

Tony, that would be awesome!!! I would love to read it :D

@Shannon great idea!!

shinedownjunkie45

Sat, 05/15/2010 - 10:00

your welcome everyone i'll work on that and let you know how the progress goes. you guys are awesome man giving me so much props. and yeah it was fun hanging with my brother is actually my half-brother we have same dad different moms but we don't see any difference in there. I love him to death he's been the closest to a father that I could ever know growing up he's awesome.

I know many around here call Brent the Reverand But just how did he come about getting that nick name or title if you want to call it that. Does he know we call him that?

comments

lol that's fine.

I'm going to probably switch from one to the other. Lol.

its just my slight variation! im always the one thats a little different (thats what daddu tells me)

lol either one is fine with me.

[quote="twilight123450"]no i think only i call him tony yoda![/quote]

I just call him Yoda =) It's fits him well, and Tony seems to enjoy it so there ya go.

no i think only i call him tony yoda!

lol. well i do my best haha. and yeah seems like it has it has evolved into tony yoda lol.

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]lol nice disclaimer kristen don't worry we don't judge on here. but i wouldn't say i know everything there is alot i don't know. but i do my best to give you all the info that i do know.[/quote]

You may not know everything, but you do know alot more than what seems most of us. Seeing as we tend to wait on you to answer our questions lol. That and it seems my calling you YODA has stuck =).

lol nice disclaimer kristen don't worry we don't judge on here. but i wouldn't say i know everything there is alot i don't know. but i do my best to give you all the info that i do know.

you can do them justice tony yoda! youre yoda for a reason (i think, but i dunno anything bout yoda except hes a genius midget from star wars i think but i could be wrong) but anyways youre yoda cuz you know everything! (i think)
WARNING:this post was made only half knowing what im talking bout so if it makes no sense im sorry

thank you very much hopefully i can get started on it tomorrow while at work. sounds like fun I just hope I can do the guys justice.

If you need any help Tony, just let me know. I'll gladly help out where/when I can. In the meantime, I am sending good thoughts your way.

yeah i thought you might, but i figured id post the not in the creepy way part anyways.... i havent been on here too long so im not sure everyones used to my "I love you" *hugs* every 5 sec lol

yeah i know which way you mean lol.

thanks tony yoda! you know we all loe you!!! (but in the not creepy way)

thank you very much. the same goes for you.

you are always supported by us tony yoda! and you will never let us down! :D

lol. thank you for the support kristen i appreciate it. i'll see what i can do i won't let my Sd nation family down.

you should.... cuz the only way you can get found out about for the thingy is by putting yourself out there and youll do amazing like always tony yoda! i know it!

lol very true. i could send it to z over FB.

maybe when you send us your progress you could send it to them over fb or twitter or something.... cuz then the coolness might become a reality :D

lol that would be awesome. but for now i'll just stick to writing as much about them as I can from what I already know and what I can find out.

Woo awesome. Maybe it can even become official and you can really get a chance to work more with the guys and talk to them more. But definitely put me down for a copy!

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]hey everyone, sorry i did not reply sooner. I was out and about finishing up somethings with my university. I will officially have my commencement ceremony today so I'll celebrate tonight. My brother came in from out of town for my graduation so I went to see him at his hotel. That's why I hadn't been on here in a while. I think that's a really cool idea to write a bio on Sd. I wouldn't know if I could do the band justice with my bio. Now that I have graduated I'll have more time to do that lol. I can definately give it a shot. I'll write up and I'll post it somewhere or email it to you all so you can see it. I wouldn't ever charge for something like that especially not to my Sd nation family.[/quote]

I want to read too Yoda, and again congrats on graduating, I am giving you big, air hugs. Party hard tonight and enjoy yourself and your family.

your welcome everyone i'll work on that and let you know how the progress goes. you guys are awesome man giving me so much props. and yeah it was fun hanging with my brother is actually my half-brother we have same dad different moms but we don't see any difference in there. I love him to death he's been the closest to a father that I could ever know growing up he's awesome.

Tony, that would be awesome!!! I would love to read it :D

@Shannon great idea!!

Lol, we should have a warm and fuzzies thread where we do nothing but give each other warm and fuzzies.

yeah agreed..... yaaaaaaay tp SDN family warm and fuzzies moments!!!!!!!

Definitely man. I can't wait to read it when you do it. :D

Sounds like fun with your brother! Yay for Tony Yodaaaa!!! He is amazing :D happy you like the idea as much as the rest of us doooo!

hey everyone, sorry i did not reply sooner. I was out and about finishing up somethings with my university. I will officially have my commencement ceremony today so I'll celebrate tonight. My brother came in from out of town for my graduation so I went to see him at his hotel. That's why I hadn't been on here in a while. I think that's a really cool idea to write a bio on Sd. I wouldn't know if I could do the band justice with my bio. Now that I have graduated I'll have more time to do that lol. I can definately give it a shot. I'll write up and I'll post it somewhere or email it to you all so you can see it. I wouldn't ever charge for something like that especially not to my Sd nation family.

Off course, i should have thought about that :)

[quote="siouxi"]Yeah me too :)[/quote]

Hey momma =)
Maybe he is out celebrating his graduating from University, I just thought about that.

Yeah me too :)

Speaking of Yoda I am suprised he has not replyed to this yet, lol.

I dont think we should fight over copies before Yoda agrees

NOw that's a book i would certainly buy!!

That would be awesome. What do you think Yoda?

I just had a great idea! (I know...everyone's allowed them every once in a while). Our resident genius, Yoda, should totally write the band's biography! I mean, I know I'd go out and buy it! Plus, think of all the cool stuff he could write about...

your both very welcome. I'm just glad I have someone to share my knowledge with. Sometimes I share things with my wife and she is just like wow you ahve so much info about them in your head I just laugh cuz I don't really think about it that way. I just like to know about them cuz I'm a huge fan lol.

Yay, warm and fuzzies all around! Lol. I do agree that this has become like a family to me as well. Thank you everyone for making the last month (wow a month already) a fun and awesome one on here. ^-^

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]well thank you to both of you for the kind words. i will do my best to keep you all informed with the answer to your questions. i"m constantly online reading up on stuff and watching vids so that's why I know as much as I do. By no means would I ever consider myself a Shinedown genius. I'm just a Sdjunkie who can't get enough of this great band and until recently their fans as well. :twisted: thanks to all my Sd nation family for the continued support. Informing you with as much information as he can Shinedownjunkie45 aka Yoda will.[/quote]

And thank you too for being our Yoda, I don't know what we would do without you =) I also have to agree that the fans on SDN our amazing aswell, and have deffinately become a second family to me. And yes that includes you Tony.

well thank you to both of you for the kind words. i will do my best to keep you all informed with the answer to your questions. i"m constantly online reading up on stuff and watching vids so that's why I know as much as I do. By no means would I ever consider myself a Shinedown genius. I'm just a Sdjunkie who can't get enough of this great band and until recently their fans as well. :twisted: thanks to all my Sd nation family for the continued support. Informing you with as much information as he can Shinedownjunkie45 aka Yoda will.

people round here say i know too much and im like the most clueless on here sometimes.... tony youre like our shinedown genius.... we just think you know everything even though we don't expect you to cuz you just seem to.....

Awww, Tony, you don't need to ever redeem yourself. And no one is perfect. You've built up more than enough info that you are allowed your off day every now and then. Or off week even.

haha i know right.

Happy to be of service at making you feel better. Thats two times now that I've done so =)

haha. true that. very well put. makes me feel better indeed. :)

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]haha. cuz there was that other question last time that i was not able to answer and everyone practically fainted from shock and sheer disbelief lol.[/quote]

Just tell them all it was your day off, everyone needs and has those.

haha. cuz there was that other question last time that i was not able to answer and everyone practically fainted from shock and sheer disbelief lol.

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]haha. no problem. i'm glad i could help and redeem my self as a source of information when it comes to Shinedown. lol. (fist pumping in the airrrrr) yeah.[/quote]

Why would you have needed to redeem yourself?

haha. no problem. i'm glad i could help and redeem my self as a source of information when it comes to Shinedown. lol. (fist pumping in the airrrrr) yeah.

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]hello there. brent got the nickname a while back maybe about two or three years ago. the reason we started calling him that is because every night throughout the course of the Sd show he will hop up on his box and preach to us life lessons. he is far superior in his knowledge of various subjects even though he is very humble about it fact remains he is very wise. I don't know who started it for sure but when I first called him like that back on the other Sd boards some others had said they were calling him that before I was, so it's up in the air about who first started it. He is like a reverand standing up there and sharing stories and experiences about life and the world. I think the name fits him well. He is aware of the name I've heard him say that he is very humbled by the nickname but admits he is not a reverand and insists he is a normal guy. To me he'll always be an incredibly wise man and for that I still call him Rev. Smith.[/quote]

Awsome, thanks Tony, lol. I was actually looking around the boards for you as I figured it would be you who would answer first =) Thanks Yoda

hello there. brent got the nickname a while back maybe about two or three years ago. the reason we started calling him that is because every night throughout the course of the Sd show he will hop up on his box and preach to us life lessons. he is far superior in his knowledge of various subjects even though he is very humble about it fact remains he is very wise. I don't know who started it for sure but when I first called him like that back on the other Sd boards some others had said they were calling him that before I was, so it's up in the air about who first started it. He is like a reverand standing up there and sharing stories and experiences about life and the world. I think the name fits him well. He is aware of the name I've heard him say that he is very humbled by the nickname but admits he is not a reverand and insists he is a normal guy. To me he'll always be an incredibly wise man and for that I still call him Rev. Smith.