Quality of ripped files in Windows Media Player

• Quality of ripped files in Windows Media Player
    mike11930

Today i recieved the limited edition in the mail and i ripped it to my comp using wmp 11 and the quality is kinda bad, anyone else have this problem?

Submitted by mike11930 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

hardygirl2xv1

Tue, 06/24/2008 - 23:24

Nope, mine came out fine, except for some reason the last song (Son of Sam) wouldn't rip, I tried to redo just that song like three times and it kept saying 'error.' But the rest of it sounds great.

Use iTunes, you can change your defaults from everything to which format it rips to (MP3, AAC, WAV), to what bitrate (128-320). I heart iTunes :D

hardygirl2xv1

Tue, 06/24/2008 - 23:32

You can change that stuff on WMP too. :wink:

[quote="hardygirl"]You can change that stuff on WMP too. :wink:[/quote]

itunes is much easier

well it is at least for me

hardygirl2xv1

Tue, 06/24/2008 - 23:38

Oh, I have nothing againsnt iTunes... I'm just saying WMP has the same features. I do like iTunes better for navigating through files, I hated the redesign of WMP 11 and the way the menus are set up, I actually went back to WMP 10 for a while till I literally had to upgrade for things to work right.

mike11930

Tue, 06/24/2008 - 23:39

thanks ill try those ideas

Deaf Angel

Wed, 06/25/2008 - 00:15

i used itunes and set the bitrate to 320 kbps
can't hear any loss...

mike11930

Fri, 06/27/2008 - 17:46

[quote="deaf_angel"]i used itunes and set the bitrate to 320 kbps
can't hear any loss...[/quote]

i tryed that the other day and it sounds great

cody_8970

Mon, 06/30/2008 - 22:33

dbpoweramp ftw.

Today i recieved the limited edition in the mail and i ripped it to my comp using wmp 11 and the quality is kinda bad, anyone else have this problem?

comments

dbpoweramp ftw.

[quote="deaf_angel"]i used itunes and set the bitrate to 320 kbps
can't hear any loss...[/quote]

i tryed that the other day and it sounds great

i used itunes and set the bitrate to 320 kbps
can't hear any loss...

thanks ill try those ideas

Oh, I have nothing againsnt iTunes... I'm just saying WMP has the same features. I do like iTunes better for navigating through files, I hated the redesign of WMP 11 and the way the menus are set up, I actually went back to WMP 10 for a while till I literally had to upgrade for things to work right.

[quote="hardygirl"]You can change that stuff on WMP too. :wink:[/quote]

itunes is much easier

well it is at least for me

You can change that stuff on WMP too. :wink:

Use iTunes, you can change your defaults from everything to which format it rips to (MP3, AAC, WAV), to what bitrate (128-320). I heart iTunes :D

Nope, mine came out fine, except for some reason the last song (Son of Sam) wouldn't rip, I tried to redo just that song like three times and it kept saying 'error.' But the rest of it sounds great.