Planetfest 9, Jacksonville - 8th November

• Planetfest 9, Jacksonville - 8th November
    stephenmuk

Just back from Jacksonville which was a great show.

We arrived at 1pm for the show after learning that Shinedown were on at 4.45pm. Firstly we had trouble with the tickets (they weren't there) and then with the camera (no cameras at all, which is very poor IMHO) but we were in.

We scoped the place out, 2 well spread out stages and loads of places to buy food and drink. We grabbed a couple of drinks and a PF9 T-Shirt and found somewhere in the shade to watch Rehab who were ok.

We saw a guy check us out and nodded and I thought, I know him, it's Zach who must have spied our Fan Club and EDBD15 T-Shirts. We stood up and saw him coming back so we said hi and then had a great conversation with him and his girlfriend. He was really surprised to hear that we'd come over from the UK and we spoke about the previous UK Shinedown shows and the shows when he was the guitar tech for 3 Doors Down. He also said that he had heard that the Manchester and London shows could be getting venue upgrades. He was a really nice guy and it was great that he took time out to speak to us. I got a rather grainy photo with my cell phone which is cool.

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus were up next, they were pretty good and whiled away the time waiting from SD.

So, 4.45pm comes and passes and we get loads of padding and the crowd becomes restless and then 25 minutes late Shinedown finally appear to Devour. Brent explains that he was late for the show and that's why they were late on but it all seems rather strange? All the pre-show information indicated that Puddle Of Mudd were on before SD but this wasn't the case so maybe this was the problem?

Anyway, they play a 45 minute set consisting of:

Devour
    Heroes
    Cyanide Sweet Tooth Suicide
    Left Out
    Sound Of Madness
    Save Me
    Second Chance
    Fly From The Inside

The crowd seemed well up for them and it was amazing to hear 10,000 people sing 45 together.

All in all, it was a fantastic day and well worth the cost and time involved :D

Submitted by stephenmuk on
Forum category
Is pro
No

I really enjoyed myself too! We got there at 9:30. So we got up right to the stage. We didn't get to meet any of them but the show was really awesome up there. I got 4 SD pics and Zach's set list (woo hoo) and a pic from hinder and puddle. I saw at least 5 people that were crowd surfing and hit the ground and got completely knocked out...soooo many more limping away with the help of security. The flashing though....well I'm just not gonna go there. I really didnt like rehab...just not my style. I really enjoyed puddle and RJA too. Hinder was ok. Did you stay for the rest of the show?

synneraboveall

Mon, 11/10/2008 - 15:45

[quote="stephenmuk"]Just back from Jacksonville which was a great show.

We arrived at 1pm for the show after learning that Shinedown were on at 4.45pm. Firstly we had trouble with the tickets (they weren't there) and then with the camera (no cameras at all, which is very poor IMHO) but we were in.

We scoped the place out, 2 well spread out stages and loads of places to buy food and drink. We grabbed a couple of drinks and a PF9 T-Shirt and found somewhere in the shade to watch Rehab who were ok.

We saw a guy check us out and nodded and I thought, I know him, it's Zach who must have spied our Fan Club and EDBD15 T-Shirts. We stood up and saw him coming back so we said hi and then had a great conversation with him and his girlfriend. He was really surprised to hear that we'd come over from the UK and we spoke about the previous UK Shinedown shows and the shows when he was the guitar tech for 3 Doors Down. He also said that he had heard that the Manchester and London shows could be getting venue upgrades. He was a really nice guy and it was great that he took time out to speak to us. I got a rather grainy photo with my cell phone which is cool.

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus were up next, they were pretty good and whiled away the time waiting from SD.

So, 4.45pm comes and passes and we get loads of padding and the crowd becomes restless and then 25 minutes late Shinedown finally appear to Devour. Brent explains that he was late for the show and that's why they were late on but it all seems rather strange? All the pre-show information indicated that Puddle Of Mudd were on before SD but this wasn't the case so maybe this was the problem?

Devour
Heroes
Left Out
Sound Of Madness
Save Me
Second Chance
Fly From The Inside

The crowd seemed well up for them and it was amazing to hear 10,000 people sing 45 together.

All in all, it was a fantastic day and well worth the cost and time involved :D[/quote]

Well this was a fly-in..fly-out show for the guys...that could have been why Puddle of Mudd didn't play before Shinedown, too. With fly-in shows it's hard for band to get settled, play, then get ready to fly back to where their going. The guys have to fly to North Dakota that night for a show the next day. I'm sad they were not at my show and at this one..but I'm so glad you all got to see them and enjoy them!!!!

[quote="jolynn"]I really enjoyed myself too! We got there at 9:30. So we got up right to the stage. We didn't get to meet any of them but the show was really awesome up there. I got 4 SD pics and Zach's set list (woo hoo) and a pic from hinder and puddle. I saw at least 5 people that were crowd surfing and hit the ground and got completely knocked out...soooo many more limping away with the help of security. The flashing though....well I'm just not gonna go there. I really didnt like rehab...just not my style. I really enjoyed puddle and RJA too. Hinder was ok. Did you stay for the rest of the show?[/quote]

No went left shortly after SD finished to drive back to Orlando and then we fly back the England on Sunday. I would have liked to have stayed longer but that's a long drive. We saw quite a few people get taken away on carts who'd drunk far too much, It's a shame because they miss the show. I'm glad to hear you had a great time and got a set list too!!

I'm missing Florida already, you have no idea how nice the weather is. It's cold and raining here so I'll be checking for a SD show next year to come over for :D

[quote="synneraboveall"]Well this was a fly-in..fly-out show for the guys...that could have been why Puddle of Mudd didn't play before Shinedown, too. With fly-in shows it's hard for band to get settled, play, then get ready to fly back to where their going. The guys have to fly to North Dakota that night for a show the next day. I'm sad they were not at my show and at this one..but I'm so glad you all got to see them and enjoy them!!!![/quote]

It was a bit fly-out show for me too ;) That could explain what was going on which would make sense.

Just back from Jacksonville which was a great show.

Devour
Heroes
Left Out
Sound Of Madness
Save Me
Second Chance
Fly From The Inside

All in all, it was a fantastic day and well worth the cost and time involved :D

comments

[quote="jolynn"]I really enjoyed myself too! We got there at 9:30. So we got up right to the stage. We didn't get to meet any of them but the show was really awesome up there. I got 4 SD pics and Zach's set list (woo hoo) and a pic from hinder and puddle. I saw at least 5 people that were crowd surfing and hit the ground and got completely knocked out...soooo many more limping away with the help of security. The flashing though....well I'm just not gonna go there. I really didnt like rehab...just not my style. I really enjoyed puddle and RJA too. Hinder was ok. Did you stay for the rest of the show?[/quote]

No went left shortly after SD finished to drive back to Orlando and then we fly back the England on Sunday. I would have liked to have stayed longer but that's a long drive. We saw quite a few people get taken away on carts who'd drunk far too much, It's a shame because they miss the show. I'm glad to hear you had a great time and got a set list too!!

I'm missing Florida already, you have no idea how nice the weather is. It's cold and raining here so I'll be checking for a SD show next year to come over for :D

[quote="synneraboveall"]Well this was a fly-in..fly-out show for the guys...that could have been why Puddle of Mudd didn't play before Shinedown, too. With fly-in shows it's hard for band to get settled, play, then get ready to fly back to where their going. The guys have to fly to North Dakota that night for a show the next day. I'm sad they were not at my show and at this one..but I'm so glad you all got to see them and enjoy them!!!![/quote]

It was a bit fly-out show for me too ;) That could explain what was going on which would make sense.

Re: Planetfest 9, Jacksonville - 8th November

[quote="stephenmuk"]Just back from Jacksonville which was a great show.

Devour
Heroes
Left Out
Sound Of Madness
Save Me
Second Chance
Fly From The Inside

All in all, it was a fantastic day and well worth the cost and time involved :D[/quote]

Well this was a fly-in..fly-out show for the guys...that could have been why Puddle of Mudd didn't play before Shinedown, too. With fly-in shows it's hard for band to get settled, play, then get ready to fly back to where their going. The guys have to fly to North Dakota that night for a show the next day. I'm sad they were not at my show and at this one..but I'm so glad you all got to see them and enjoy them!!!!

I really enjoyed myself too! We got there at 9:30. So we got up right to the stage. We didn't get to meet any of them but the show was really awesome up there. I got 4 SD pics and Zach's set list (woo hoo) and a pic from hinder and puddle. I saw at least 5 people that were crowd surfing and hit the ground and got completely knocked out...soooo many more limping away with the help of security. The flashing though....well I'm just not gonna go there. I really didnt like rehab...just not my style. I really enjoyed puddle and RJA too. Hinder was ok. Did you stay for the rest of the show?