Philly 8/30

• Philly 8/30
    Xdog

OK, who was there?

Next question, has Brent ever sucked as bas as he did that night???

Very sad. I was actually embarassed for him at several points.

Now I realize why Nick bailed, even rats know when to flee a sinking ship...

Submitted by Xdog on
Forum category
Is pro
No

BOOOOO!!!! :evil: I think maybe you are in the wrong place?

destiny453

Mon, 09/07/2009 - 06:35

Yes i agree!!! Everyone is allowed 'off' nights, cant expect them to be perfect all the time! :evil:

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 09/07/2009 - 10:15

definately agree xdog i believe your in the wrong place. if you strongly feel that way then what are you doing on here. a place where the true die hards go to be with their family. a member of the SHINEDOWN NATION you are not. you may have paid for the membership but that does not justify you going and posting things like that. everyone has days that they just aren't quite on point, especially someone like brent who puts everything into every night. i've never seen a group of guys give it everything they have every night the way SHINEDOWN does. if you can't appreciate that then your in the wrong place.

Just in case you didn't hear about it, "xdog" (great name btw) With the electrical instruments, the weather-rain etc, it didn't make for optimum conditions. They could have been pu$$ies and canceled the whole gig! What would you have thought about that? :x Not to be mean or anything...but you suck.

destiny453

Mon, 09/07/2009 - 12:36

Haha I love that last line...not to be mean! :lol: You crack me up!....I agree with the above statement!! Get outta here!!!!!! :arrow: :arrow:

That's right Destiny...we don't have room for haters, just lovers!! Positive energy and Karma! Let's hear it for [b]SHINEDOWN[/b]!!!!!

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 09/07/2009 - 19:15

haters beware you will be shunned by the SHINEDOWN NATION THAT LOVES THIS GREAT BAND!!!!!

It's funny....everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I wonder what the motive is for someone to pay for membership, then come on a devoted fan site, and trash someone that's highly regarded by all..hmmm..someone likes to stir the pot...

Funny you should ask...I was bored this afternoon and nobody was on, so I went into the "other" message boards. Boy...it sure is different than the "eutopia" we have here in SDN. First of all, it's WAY more anonymous and less user-friendly. It's bigger. But the underlying current is totally different also. Much more aggressive, confrontational, combative, competitive etc. I think "xdog' lost his way and came from "over there". I agree in the first amendment and all, but why come on a designated fan site and bash anybody associated with the band we all know and love??? I'm not angry, I'm just sayin'... PEACE!! :)

I used to be on the other board for a bit, but i didnt feel as comfortable as I do here. I was used to being in a great place on my LiVE board and we even had/have haters there but my best friends were there at the time.

It is eutopic/family here! 8)

destiny453

Tue, 09/08/2009 - 06:38

Yeah I was on the other board for a bit too, but I could never get used to it, just felt like it was so anonymous and you didn't really have the chance to make good friends like on here :) It was also a bit aggressive too, not like here where we all just share our love for the greatness that is [b]Shinedown!![/b]

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 09/08/2009 - 14:54

i used to be on the other board but once this one opened up i purchased the fan club edition cd of SOM and got the free one year membership then when that ran out I had to scrounge some cash and finally got my membership paid for again so now I'm back. lol.

I agree with all of you! I bet if they(the boyz) go on the other board, man, what a buzz-kill!! If they scoped it out here, they would totally be lifted up!! We are all about the love!! :D

destiny453

Tue, 09/08/2009 - 15:24

Yeah we embrace the love!! :) someone said Zach is a regular on that board?? they should get over here :)

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 09/08/2009 - 17:25

yeah i've used to see his posts before when i used to be on that board. his sig name is the "curse of Zach" not sure if he still posts up on it. I haven't been to it in a long long time. i definately did feel the love the way I do here. This is where the true die hard SHINEDOWN fan comes to be with family.

Nice to see that people are passionate about something! So rare these days...

First of all, even though I don't have THAT many posts here, if you care to look you will see that they are largely positive. Mostly about upcoming shows, bla blah blah...

I am not a "hater". I have been a fan of SD for a long time. Not since the beginning, but definitely like 3 years before S.O.M. I have seen them at least 8 times headlining, and another 7 or 8 at festivals or as a support act. I've met the band 3 times during meet and greets, and once after the show at Starland Ballroom. They were all gentlemen each time. I am not a fair weather fan, and some of my favorite songs are off of L.A.W.

Ironically, this is the source of my disappointment! I am pretty much a super-fan, and I know what constitutes a good show. A very casual fan at the Philly show might have thought they were awesome. But I know that Brent had a very, very bad night. He knew it, and actually commented on it toward the end of the set. He couldn't hit a note, had to sing everything way down, and held the mic to the crowd to sing way more than normal.

Now that's fine, every performer has an off night. I get it. But I'm noticing that Brent has more off nights than most. I see 3 -4 live shows a month, usually hard rock, and I often see a given band 3 times a year. Some of the bands I enjoy live are Staind, Seether, 3DG, Black Stone Cherry, and Static X. None of these bands have tanked as badly as Brent has on a semi-regular basis. Sure, I've seen Aaron Lewis have a bad night, and he usually makes no effort to hide it, he just apologizes and does his best.

But Brent has been busted lip-syncing (Starland last Dec.), and it seems that he just can't keep it together on a long tour. It sucks, because I really love these guys, but I just don't think it's gonna last. And I think maybe Nick Perri knew it too...

I made the comment here because I really wanted to spark some honest commentary, and I'm disappointed that it seems to be just a love fest in la-la land where everyone just worships at the church of Brent Smith.

BTW, Lorilee, there were no issues with rain/electric, it was a perfectly dry day ( I know, we rode a motorcycle there ) and Chevelle and Staind both sounded great. It was all on Brent.

So anyway, there's my retort, what think ye?

fistfullofflowers

Tue, 09/08/2009 - 18:37

on the nick perri part.. he said he left for personal reasons... not because of shinedown.....

he made a comment on his singing? really?? what did he say?

oh and also.. i truthfully love both forums! i love the shinedown forums because Zach's on there, they are entertaining, and new stuff goes on there faster.. maybe because of Mel.. idk. i love the shinedown nation forums because you guys are all so nice, i dont feeel like a "posting whore", i also feel like i have friends on here, again everyones just so nice and you can have conversation with people. YOU ALL ARE SO AWESOME!

[quote="xdog"]Nice to see that people are passionate about something! So rare these days...

First of all, even though I don't have THAT many posts here, if you care to look you will see that they are largely positive. Mostly about upcoming shows, bla blah blah...

I am not a "hater". I have been a fan of SD for a long time. Not since the beginning, but definitely like 3 years before S.O.M. I have seen them at least 8 times headlining, and another 7 or 8 at festivals or as a support act. I've met the band 3 times during meet and greets, and once after the show at Starland Ballroom. They were all gentlemen each time. I am not a fair weather fan, and some of my favorite songs are off of L.A.W.

Ironically, this is the source of my disappointment! I am pretty much a super-fan, and I know what constitutes a good show. A very casual fan at the Philly show might have thought they were awesome. But I know that Brent had a very, very bad night. He knew it, and actually commented on it toward the end of the set. He couldn't hit a note, had to sing everything way down, and held the mic to the crowd to sing way more than normal.

Now that's fine, every performer has an off night. I get it. But I'm noticing that Brent has more off nights than most. I see 3 -4 live shows a month, usually hard rock, and I often see a given band 3 times a year. Some of the bands I enjoy live are Staind, Seether, 3DG, Black Stone Cherry, and Static X. None of these bands have tanked as badly as Brent has on a semi-regular basis. Sure, I've seen Aaron Lewis have a bad night, and he usually makes no effort to hide it, he just apologizes and does his best.

But Brent has been busted lip-syncing (Starland last Dec.), and it seems that he just can't keep it together on a long tour. It sucks, because I really love these guys, but I just don't think it's gonna last. And I think maybe Nick Perri knew it too...

I made the comment here because I really wanted to spark some honest commentary, and I'm disappointed that it seems to be just a love fest in la-la land where everyone just worships at the church of Brent Smith.

BTW, Lorilee, there were no issues with rain/electric, it was a perfectly dry day ( I know, we rode a motorcycle there ) and Chevelle and Staind both sounded great. It was all on Brent.

So anyway, there's my retort, what think ye?[/quote]Not bad...Not bad... I still prefer lala land. THe rain info was according to Eric on Twitter.

Sorry, idk Eric, and I don't tweet...

But I assure you, it was dry as a bone, and quite a beautiful evening! The sun was setting behind the stage during Chevelle's set and the clouds were like a purple/pink/red as it became dark. Really cool looking.

Again I want to state that I love SD, and I want them to succeed and be around for years. I have just been burned by their live show a bit too often and am hoping that they are not on a downward spiral. It would truly be a shame, as they are finally being marketed and promoted seriously and have gained a broad audience worldwide.

Hey Xdog..we weren't there, so we can't comment..but after seeing your many posts previous about being at many shows, all I can say is maybe it was a bad night?? I personally haven't seen him do a bad show live or taped, so I can't say. It's too bad it was not a good experience for you.

Get this mental image... The sour patch kid after cutting off the girls pony tail... I'm sorry xdog...I really am. But I am still gonna fight to the death to defend Shinedown especially here on the nation. Like Lady Devine says , maybe it was a bad night. I can imagine what it's like for this band to live on a freaking bus and play and scream and jump 'til you can't anymore night after night in any random town anywhere. Away from home, loved ones, comfort, real food, and real people. Imagine how hard it is for these beautiful souls every night...and they do it for [i]US.[/i]

They are supposed to be off now and they're shooting a video, it's work work work! Travel travel travel. It has got to be exhausting! :(

Not to mention all the partying! :twisted:

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 09/08/2009 - 23:02

xdog while your previous comments may have been good about Shinedown. I don't think that a true fan would say that the singer of a band they "loved" would tank. No one is perfect and Brent, Eric, Zach and Barry give 110% of themselves each and every night. That's bound to take a toll on the body and on their voices. So if you can't cope with the fact that off nights happen i'm sorry for you. Your missing out on a great band and its incredible members. The guys are great. This is not the church of Brent Smith. This is a place where the true die hard fans of this thing called SHINEDOWN come to be amongst family. I'm sorry you did not like the performance but it does not take away from their talent as performers.

destiny453

Wed, 09/09/2009 - 07:17

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but look at how much touring the guys have done so far, it's bound to take a toll on Brents voice sometimes, hell my voice gets bad after singing for 5 minutes never mind singing every night for nearly a year and a half!! But i'm with lorilee i will fight to the death to defend them :)

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 09/09/2009 - 09:19

i'm in on that battle i'll fight to the death to defend my heroes in this thing called SHINEDOWN!!!!

count me in as well :twisted:

destiny453

Wed, 09/09/2009 - 10:13

Yeah we are all about the positiveness, not dissing them.

I am starting to sense a "gang mentality" here!! Shineys Unite!!! LOL!! :lol:

destiny453

Wed, 09/09/2009 - 10:37

I love our new name...'Shineys' :D

That is how we sound...like we drank the special KoolAid or something!! :lol:

OK, who was there?

Next question, has Brent ever sucked as bas as he did that night???

Very sad. I was actually embarassed for him at several points.

Now I realize why Nick bailed, even rats know when to flee a sinking ship...

comments

:lol: Not even going to comment.

Ostriches...

I'm going too....cos I have anger management issues!! haha :lol:

I'm going with you

He so generously opens his heart, shares his pain, his flaws, his uncertainty, in the hopes that maybe 1 person can benefit from his sorrows and misfortune. How can you ever judge a person that is so openly vulnerable and giving. Personally, I hate to see anyone be kicked when they're down. That being said...I OFFICIALLY vacate this thread, never to return.

That was awesome xdog..thanks for sharing. I do so love that man's voice and lyrics!

I know better than you do what he is CAPABLE of, in fact, I witnessed an even stronger performance of Call Me, right from the front row...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8KwdbISy6U

That whole show blew me away! You might not realize that this was a better performance because the audio I captured can't compete with the MTV produced video you referenced, but I assure you that he hit every note and it was crazy powerful.

My whole point is that I've seen them 4 times since that show, and he's not been able to pull it off nearly as well (Fillmore NYC was CLOSE, but no cigar...)

And the Philly show 2 weeks ago was downright painful to watch, my wife actually cried a little because she felt so bad for him.

I've got just one more thing to say to xdog.
Watch this and listen closely, does this sound like brent can't cope with the demands of fame? I don't think so.
His voice is stronger than ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0cXQg8xnbc

IMO...Brent [b]IS[/b] Shinedown. Period.

I don't believe it either!! Just let it go man...you're beat! :lol:

i DONT believe that.

You know, I was content to let this die, until someone on another board made an observation which I'd like to share with you...

Perhaps a bit of karma is at play here? A quote from the fan I mentioned (who obviously has not partaken in the kool-aid!)

"...Brent turned his back on Dreve, Jasin, and Brad in pursuit of success, how ironic that now that SD is on top, he can't cope with the demands. Maybe he will be the next member of SD to be replaced..."

Kinda made me wonder.

And, as a parting shot, I shall mimic my kitty, and bury that catshit under some sand. Still stinks, just now is out of sight!

Consider them vacated! :D

i believe so.

Shall we officially vacate the premises? :lol:

i believe your right lorilee the horse is dead now walk away everyone.

I'm in! :D

Well, for my money, Brent can come and just sit on my couch and watch TV. I'd pay concert ticket price for that honor!

Bye!! Don't get tangled up!!!! :lol:

Okay gotta go, i'm having yoga class on thursday
See y'all tomorrow.
Goodnight :D

That mess was changing us wasn't it??? :twisted: :shock:

Yeah and we are usually all so nice :) :lol:

I agree with Lorilee too, let's move on to our normal goofiness :D :twisted:

Yeah I agree with you lorilee enough said :) I think he's beat!

Does that mean that we have beat this dead horse enough? I think all the Shiney's are ready to get on with what we do best...enjoy our favorite band, it's members and each other... 'nuff said? :?

true enough. i think we've said enough.

Well all i'm gonna say is...don't pay money then to go to their fucking shows if you're just gonna come on here and slate them!! You give it a fucking go doing what all rock stars do and see how you manage....and that's me being polite! :P :twisted:

[quote="xdog"]OK, I get it.

No one here is interested in reality, just la-la land.

That's cool.

Just 3 points, then I'll leave it alone because there is obviously not going to be any discussion here, just a general berating...

- I can definitely "cope" with seeing a crappy SD show. I don't need counseling, and I'll be ok.

- As far as the whole doing it night after night thing, and life on the bus, blah blah blah, EVERY band deals with that. It's part of the deal when you sign on as a rock star.

- And I'm sorry, but I feel he tanked. If that terminology bothers you, my sympathy is offered.

Anyway, I wish the best for Brent. He needs a voice coach, and he needs to write songs that he can actually sing live.[/quote]

You could try to start this discussion on the other boards, you might get a different discussion there. :twisted:

i stand by lorilee's statement. xdog you obviously have a different definition of a true fan than we do. as far as your sympathy keep it i dont need it.

Xdog, point taken and I do respect your opinion, really. You have made your point and I can see what you mean. It's just really hard for us to be negative over here! we are standing "under a rainbow" so to speak. That makes us happy, we make each other happy. There is so much shi+ in the world and the news etc, we just want some "happy"!!

...you never answered my question..

OK, I get it.

No one here is interested in reality, just la-la land.

That's cool.

Just 3 points, then I'll leave it alone because there is obviously not going to be any discussion here, just a general berating...

- I can definitely "cope" with seeing a crappy SD show. I don't need counseling, and I'll be ok.

- As far as the whole doing it night after night thing, and life on the bus, blah blah blah, EVERY band deals with that. It's part of the deal when you sign on as a rock star.

- And I'm sorry, but I feel he tanked. If that terminology bothers you, my sympathy is offered.

Anyway, I wish the best for Brent. He needs a voice coach, and he needs to write songs that he can actually sing live.

Yeah I think I remember something about it now...there has been a reference too it in tv programs i think

It was a cult thing that happened in Central or South America I think.

Hmmm maybe i will later, i dont want to be depressed today! :lol:

[quote="lorilee"]It's a reference to the Jim Jones massacre when all his "disciples" drank KoolAid( a sweet drink for kids) that was poisoned and all perished. Sorry, I read alot! :oops:[/quote]
special koolaid too funny. it's cool lorilee i got the reference. "shineys we are" united for the common cause of defending this thing called SHINEDOWN. together we shall protect this great band. mmmmwuhuhuhhahhahahahahhha!!!!!! sorry i got a little excited lol.

Google Jim Jones Massacre.

I am alien cos I didn't understand a word of that, but i get the image! :lol:

It's a reference to the Jim Jones massacre when all his "disciples" drank KoolAid( a sweet drink for kids) that was poisoned and all perished. Sorry, I read alot! :oops:

Whats KoolAid?? I sound like an alien! :lol:

That is how we sound...like we drank the special KoolAid or something!! :lol:

I love our new name...'Shineys' :D

I am starting to sense a "gang mentality" here!! Shineys Unite!!! LOL!! :lol:

Yeah we are all about the positiveness, not dissing them.

count me in as well :twisted:

i'm in on that battle i'll fight to the death to defend my heroes in this thing called SHINEDOWN!!!!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but look at how much touring the guys have done so far, it's bound to take a toll on Brents voice sometimes, hell my voice gets bad after singing for 5 minutes never mind singing every night for nearly a year and a half!! But i'm with lorilee i will fight to the death to defend them :)

xdog while your previous comments may have been good about Shinedown. I don't think that a true fan would say that the singer of a band they "loved" would tank. No one is perfect and Brent, Eric, Zach and Barry give 110% of themselves each and every night. That's bound to take a toll on the body and on their voices. So if you can't cope with the fact that off nights happen i'm sorry for you. Your missing out on a great band and its incredible members. The guys are great. This is not the church of Brent Smith. This is a place where the true die hard fans of this thing called SHINEDOWN come to be amongst family. I'm sorry you did not like the performance but it does not take away from their talent as performers.

They are supposed to be off now and they're shooting a video, it's work work work! Travel travel travel. It has got to be exhausting! :(

Not to mention all the partying! :twisted:

Get this mental image... The sour patch kid after cutting off the girls pony tail... I'm sorry xdog...I really am. But I am still gonna fight to the death to defend Shinedown especially here on the nation. Like Lady Devine says , maybe it was a bad night. I can imagine what it's like for this band to live on a freaking bus and play and scream and jump 'til you can't anymore night after night in any random town anywhere. Away from home, loved ones, comfort, real food, and real people. Imagine how hard it is for these beautiful souls every night...and they do it for [i]US.[/i]

Hey Xdog..we weren't there, so we can't comment..but after seeing your many posts previous about being at many shows, all I can say is maybe it was a bad night?? I personally haven't seen him do a bad show live or taped, so I can't say. It's too bad it was not a good experience for you.

Sorry, idk Eric, and I don't tweet...

But I assure you, it was dry as a bone, and quite a beautiful evening! The sun was setting behind the stage during Chevelle's set and the clouds were like a purple/pink/red as it became dark. Really cool looking.

Again I want to state that I love SD, and I want them to succeed and be around for years. I have just been burned by their live show a bit too often and am hoping that they are not on a downward spiral. It would truly be a shame, as they are finally being marketed and promoted seriously and have gained a broad audience worldwide.

Re: Whoa!

[quote="xdog"]Nice to see that people are passionate about something! So rare these days...

So anyway, there's my retort, what think ye?[/quote]Not bad...Not bad... I still prefer lala land. THe rain info was according to Eric on Twitter.

on the nick perri part.. he said he left for personal reasons... not because of shinedown.....

he made a comment on his singing? really?? what did he say?

oh and also.. i truthfully love both forums! i love the shinedown forums because Zach's on there, they are entertaining, and new stuff goes on there faster.. maybe because of Mel.. idk. i love the shinedown nation forums because you guys are all so nice, i dont feeel like a "posting whore", i also feel like i have friends on here, again everyones just so nice and you can have conversation with people. YOU ALL ARE SO AWESOME!

Whoa!

Nice to see that people are passionate about something! So rare these days...

So anyway, there's my retort, what think ye?

yeah i've used to see his posts before when i used to be on that board. his sig name is the "curse of Zach" not sure if he still posts up on it. I haven't been to it in a long long time. i definately did feel the love the way I do here. This is where the true die hard SHINEDOWN fan comes to be with family.

Yeah we embrace the love!! :) someone said Zach is a regular on that board?? they should get over here :)

I agree with all of you! I bet if they(the boyz) go on the other board, man, what a buzz-kill!! If they scoped it out here, they would totally be lifted up!! We are all about the love!! :D

i used to be on the other board but once this one opened up i purchased the fan club edition cd of SOM and got the free one year membership then when that ran out I had to scrounge some cash and finally got my membership paid for again so now I'm back. lol.

Yeah I was on the other board for a bit too, but I could never get used to it, just felt like it was so anonymous and you didn't really have the chance to make good friends like on here :) It was also a bit aggressive too, not like here where we all just share our love for the greatness that is [b]Shinedown!![/b]

I used to be on the other board for a bit, but i didnt feel as comfortable as I do here. I was used to being in a great place on my LiVE board and we even had/have haters there but my best friends were there at the time.

It is eutopic/family here! 8)

Funny you should ask...I was bored this afternoon and nobody was on, so I went into the "other" message boards. Boy...it sure is different than the "eutopia" we have here in SDN. First of all, it's WAY more anonymous and less user-friendly. It's bigger. But the underlying current is totally different also. Much more aggressive, confrontational, combative, competitive etc. I think "xdog' lost his way and came from "over there". I agree in the first amendment and all, but why come on a designated fan site and bash anybody associated with the band we all know and love??? I'm not angry, I'm just sayin'... PEACE!! :)

It's funny....everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I wonder what the motive is for someone to pay for membership, then come on a devoted fan site, and trash someone that's highly regarded by all..hmmm..someone likes to stir the pot...

haters beware you will be shunned by the SHINEDOWN NATION THAT LOVES THIS GREAT BAND!!!!!

That's right Destiny...we don't have room for haters, just lovers!! Positive energy and Karma! Let's hear it for [b]SHINEDOWN[/b]!!!!!

Haha I love that last line...not to be mean! :lol: You crack me up!....I agree with the above statement!! Get outta here!!!!!! :arrow: :arrow:

Just in case you didn't hear about it, "xdog" (great name btw) With the electrical instruments, the weather-rain etc, it didn't make for optimum conditions. They could have been pu$$ies and canceled the whole gig! What would you have thought about that? :x Not to be mean or anything...but you suck.

definately agree xdog i believe your in the wrong place. if you strongly feel that way then what are you doing on here. a place where the true die hards go to be with their family. a member of the SHINEDOWN NATION you are not. you may have paid for the membership but that does not justify you going and posting things like that. everyone has days that they just aren't quite on point, especially someone like brent who puts everything into every night. i've never seen a group of guys give it everything they have every night the way SHINEDOWN does. if you can't appreciate that then your in the wrong place.

Yes i agree!!! Everyone is allowed 'off' nights, cant expect them to be perfect all the time! :evil:

BOOOOO!!!! :evil: I think maybe you are in the wrong place?