the pearl room

• the pearl room
    crazyquinn03

im going to a concert march 11th and it is at "The Pearl Room" it is a smaller place and not as many people will be there as oppose to a regular concert in a big place. i was wondering if this means there will be more acoustic songs than electric? either way is kool with me but i just wanna know if this is a concert to get crazy at or a concert to chillax n listen to some great music without goin nuts n jumpin around? just gimme ur thoughts.....

Submitted by crazyquinn03 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 02/12/2009 - 14:00

i'm not sure. i've only seen and or heard of them going acoustic once. but maybe you'll get a mixture of both. but more than likely the guys will want to tear the roof off the place and make everyone go crazy and jump around leaving a permanent crack as brent says on the floor. lol. but let me know how it goes and get some videos if you can.

crazyquinn03

Thu, 02/12/2009 - 21:48

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]i'm not sure. i've only seen and or heard of them going acoustic once. but maybe you'll get a mixture of both. but more than likely the guys will want to tear the roof off the place and make everyone go crazy and jump around leaving a permanent crack as brent says on the floor. lol. but let me know how it goes and get some videos if you can.[/quote]

yeah im definately recording each song n putting it on youtube

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 02/13/2009 - 10:07

awesome i thank you for that.

i'm seeing them march 10.I am hoping we get a special show because the venues are smaller.and would love to see an acoustic performance or two.but Shinedown is Shinedown so do expect to bang your head, stomp your feet, and enjoy one of the best rockbands of today. from past posts from Europe it looks like songs- If You Only Knew, Crow and Butterfly,Save Me,Second Chance are about as soft as your gonna get from them. Oh yeah .45 also. i seen them in a sold out arena and this song was intense to here Brent and 20000 people sing along to it.

ShinedownPicks

Tue, 02/17/2009 - 21:37

I'll be at the Pearl Room also that night. The venue itself is pretty small, but the stage isn't. It wont be the biggest you have seen but you may be surprised at the size. I think they will put on a show like any other you have seen, with maybe 1 or 2 acoustic songs. With this album, no way I see them doing something like that. It will probably be an intense show to say the least. Maybe see ya there!

crazyquinn03

Thu, 02/19/2009 - 22:53

[quote="shiner4life"]I'll be at the Pearl Room also that night. The venue itself is pretty small, but the stage isn't. It wont be the biggest you have seen but you may be surprised at the size. I think they will put on a show like any other you have seen, with maybe 1 or 2 acoustic songs. With this album, no way I see them doing something like that. It will probably be an intense show to say the least. Maybe see ya there![/quote]

yeah. it will be a great show no matter what and my friend works there so he is gettin me in 2 hours early cuz he said it is only the 4th time theyve been sold out at the pearl room and there is gunna be atleast 2,000 people there.

:shock:

and yeah see ya there

ShinedownPicks

Fri, 02/20/2009 - 17:51

[quote="crazyquinn03"][quote="shiner4life"]I'll be at the Pearl Room also that night. The venue itself is pretty small, but the stage isn't. It wont be the biggest you have seen but you may be surprised at the size. I think they will put on a show like any other you have seen, with maybe 1 or 2 acoustic songs. With this album, no way I see them doing something like that. It will probably be an intense show to say the least. Maybe see ya there![/quote]

yeah. it will be a great show no matter what and my friend works there so he is gettin me in 2 hours early cuz he said it is only the 4th time theyve been sold out at the pearl room and there is gunna be atleast 2,000 people there.

and yeah see ya there[/quote]

I am still able to purchase tickets through Ticketmaster, so they aren't sold out yet. But I say it won't be too much longer. It will be a full house indeed. You should totally get me in there with you :wink: lol

Only 2.5 more weeks!

ShinedownPete

Mon, 03/02/2009 - 16:12

Me and my wife are going as well on the 11th as well and the Pearl Room had Disturbed there last year and the place was insane so i would expect the same with Shinedown.

Also going on the 21st at the Bratstop which is sold out and hope to see them change a few songs between the shows.

I heard there mixing some of the soft songs with there harder songs which is the way it should be.
Set list are changing from one to two songs.

Let me know when you have the songs on You Tube

ShinedownPicks

Mon, 03/02/2009 - 16:22

I was going to go to the Bratstop too, but last minute decided against it. Idk why. Kinda nice that they are mixing in some softer songs in, but I wonder if thats because they are short a guitar player

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 03/02/2009 - 16:34

you guys are lucky you all get to see them more than once. I'm still waiting for some dates near me. lol. I still have youtube to see some vids of the shows.

crazyquinn03

Mon, 03/02/2009 - 17:12

oh and for whoever is going to this concert (if u didnt know) their playing with Saliva and Halestorm so yeah freakin AMAZING! its gunna be a night to remember!!!!

ShinedownPete

Mon, 03/02/2009 - 17:13

I think your going to be shocked to see how amazing Zach is on Guitar and have to remember just last year was when they had two guys playing.

I know people were bashing Zach when Nick left but Zach in my mind and what i have seen is way better at playing Shinedown the way it was meant to be played.

I am just hoping Saliva brings there A game with Shinedown because they can be up and down but in the 8 shows i have seen Shinedown they just get better be it with Jason , Nick and now with Zach.

crazyquinn03

Mon, 03/02/2009 - 17:16

[quote="plizano"]I think your going to be shocked to see how amazing Zach is on Guitar and have to remember just last year was when they had two guys playing.

I know people were bashing Zach when Nick left but Zach in my mind and what i have seen is way better at playing Shinedown the way it was meant to be played.

I am just hoping Saliva brings there A game with Shinedown because they can be up and down but in the 8 shows i have seen Shinedown they just get better be it with Jason , Nick and now with Zach.[/quote]

r u goin 2 the pearl room march 11th or no? jw

ShinedownPete

Mon, 03/02/2009 - 17:22

Yes i am going to the pearl room on the 11th as well as to the Brat stop on the 21st.

Everytime they play close to Chicago we go and see them.
Are you going

ShinedownPicks

Mon, 03/02/2009 - 17:38

Yeah I was hoping that about Saliva too. I watched a few Youtube videos and on some of them they seemed to halfass it. The new album is pretty good, so even if they play just a few from it, it will be a good time.

Havent seen Halestorm since early 06 so it will be nice to see how they have improved as a band.

Shinedown is always good no matter what, and I agree with you. Zach is amazing at what he does, and he brings the energy to the stage the way it should be. Eric also. When you have 4 energetic band members on the stage, it always created a night to remember.

ShinedownPete

Mon, 03/02/2009 - 18:55

I saw Saliva when Shinedown opened for them and they kicked ass but since then i have to say each show got worse which is a shame being they have the talent.

But i have high hopes for Saliva opening for Shinedown now to kill it like the old days and sing with brent ( Don't Question my heart )

Well if we see you beer is on me for a round lol.

ShinedownPicks

Mon, 03/02/2009 - 19:06

lol! Well my wife is pregnant and Im the DD, so I will have to pass...but I'll take a coke! Haha.

Sounded like Brent didn't come out to sing My Own Worst Enemy with Saliva on earlier dates. I dont know why...why record a song with someone, then tour with them and not do that song together. We love stuff like that!

crazyquinn03

Mon, 03/02/2009 - 22:03

[quote="plizano"]I saw Saliva when Shinedown opened for them and they kicked ass but since then i have to say each show got worse which is a shame being they have the talent.

But i have high hopes for Saliva opening for Shinedown now to kill it like the old days and sing with brent ( Don't Question my heart )

Well if we see you beer is on me for a round lol.[/quote]

like i said before i'll be there too, im only 16 but beer sounds great! hahaha

ShinedownPicks

Fri, 03/06/2009 - 10:28

Look for us up on the rail! I'll be in the special Black Shinedown T-Shirt that you got with the TSOM presale, and my wife may have on either my other black shirt, or the red Us & Them shirt

im going to a concert march 11th and it is at "The Pearl Room" it is a smaller place and not as many people will be there as oppose to a regular concert in a big place. i was wondering if this means there will be more acoustic songs than electric? either way is kool with me but i just wanna know if this is a concert to get crazy at or a concert to chillax n listen to some great music without goin nuts n jumpin around? just gimme ur thoughts.....

comments

Look for us up on the rail! I'll be in the special Black Shinedown T-Shirt that you got with the TSOM presale, and my wife may have on either my other black shirt, or the red Us & Them shirt

[quote="plizano"]I saw Saliva when Shinedown opened for them and they kicked ass but since then i have to say each show got worse which is a shame being they have the talent.

Well if we see you beer is on me for a round lol.[/quote]

like i said before i'll be there too, im only 16 but beer sounds great! hahaha

lol! Well my wife is pregnant and Im the DD, so I will have to pass...but I'll take a coke! Haha.

Sounded like Brent didn't come out to sing My Own Worst Enemy with Saliva on earlier dates. I dont know why...why record a song with someone, then tour with them and not do that song together. We love stuff like that!

I saw Saliva when Shinedown opened for them and they kicked ass but since then i have to say each show got worse which is a shame being they have the talent.

Well if we see you beer is on me for a round lol.

Yeah I was hoping that about Saliva too. I watched a few Youtube videos and on some of them they seemed to halfass it. The new album is pretty good, so even if they play just a few from it, it will be a good time.

Havent seen Halestorm since early 06 so it will be nice to see how they have improved as a band.

Shinedown is always good no matter what, and I agree with you. Zach is amazing at what he does, and he brings the energy to the stage the way it should be. Eric also. When you have 4 energetic band members on the stage, it always created a night to remember.

Yes i am going to the pearl room on the 11th as well as to the Brat stop on the 21st.

Everytime they play close to Chicago we go and see them.
Are you going

[quote="plizano"]I think your going to be shocked to see how amazing Zach is on Guitar and have to remember just last year was when they had two guys playing.

I am just hoping Saliva brings there A game with Shinedown because they can be up and down but in the 8 shows i have seen Shinedown they just get better be it with Jason , Nick and now with Zach.[/quote]

r u goin 2 the pearl room march 11th or no? jw

I think your going to be shocked to see how amazing Zach is on Guitar and have to remember just last year was when they had two guys playing.

I am just hoping Saliva brings there A game with Shinedown because they can be up and down but in the 8 shows i have seen Shinedown they just get better be it with Jason , Nick and now with Zach.

oh and for whoever is going to this concert (if u didnt know) their playing with Saliva and Halestorm so yeah freakin AMAZING! its gunna be a night to remember!!!!

you guys are lucky you all get to see them more than once. I'm still waiting for some dates near me. lol. I still have youtube to see some vids of the shows.

I was going to go to the Bratstop too, but last minute decided against it. Idk why. Kinda nice that they are mixing in some softer songs in, but I wonder if thats because they are short a guitar player

Me and my wife are going as well on the 11th as well and the Pearl Room had Disturbed there last year and the place was insane so i would expect the same with Shinedown.

Also going on the 21st at the Bratstop which is sold out and hope to see them change a few songs between the shows.

I heard there mixing some of the soft songs with there harder songs which is the way it should be.
Set list are changing from one to two songs.

Let me know when you have the songs on You Tube

[quote="crazyquinn03"][quote="shiner4life"]I'll be at the Pearl Room also that night. The venue itself is pretty small, but the stage isn't. It wont be the biggest you have seen but you may be surprised at the size. I think they will put on a show like any other you have seen, with maybe 1 or 2 acoustic songs. With this album, no way I see them doing something like that. It will probably be an intense show to say the least. Maybe see ya there![/quote]

and yeah see ya there[/quote]

I am still able to purchase tickets through Ticketmaster, so they aren't sold out yet. But I say it won't be too much longer. It will be a full house indeed. You should totally get me in there with you :wink: lol

Only 2.5 more weeks!

[quote="shiner4life"]I'll be at the Pearl Room also that night. The venue itself is pretty small, but the stage isn't. It wont be the biggest you have seen but you may be surprised at the size. I think they will put on a show like any other you have seen, with maybe 1 or 2 acoustic songs. With this album, no way I see them doing something like that. It will probably be an intense show to say the least. Maybe see ya there![/quote]

and yeah see ya there

I'll be at the Pearl Room also that night. The venue itself is pretty small, but the stage isn't. It wont be the biggest you have seen but you may be surprised at the size. I think they will put on a show like any other you have seen, with maybe 1 or 2 acoustic songs. With this album, no way I see them doing something like that. It will probably be an intense show to say the least. Maybe see ya there!

i'm seeing them march 10.I am hoping we get a special show because the venues are smaller.and would love to see an acoustic performance or two.but Shinedown is Shinedown so do expect to bang your head, stomp your feet, and enjoy one of the best rockbands of today. from past posts from Europe it looks like songs- If You Only Knew, Crow and Butterfly,Save Me,Second Chance are about as soft as your gonna get from them. Oh yeah .45 also. i seen them in a sold out arena and this song was intense to here Brent and 20000 people sing along to it.

awesome i thank you for that.

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]i'm not sure. i've only seen and or heard of them going acoustic once. but maybe you'll get a mixture of both. but more than likely the guys will want to tear the roof off the place and make everyone go crazy and jump around leaving a permanent crack as brent says on the floor. lol. but let me know how it goes and get some videos if you can.[/quote]

yeah im definately recording each song n putting it on youtube

i'm not sure. i've only seen and or heard of them going acoustic once. but maybe you'll get a mixture of both. but more than likely the guys will want to tear the roof off the place and make everyone go crazy and jump around leaving a permanent crack as brent says on the floor. lol. but let me know how it goes and get some videos if you can.