Palladia show

• Palladia show
    ARomaine

I finally got around to watching the Palladia Friday Night Alright with Shinedown, and I am pretty sure it was a preview of the DVD they are releasing for the CoM. I'm hoping it was longer than the 6 songs they played, but it was really nice to watch it. Made me feel right back at the CoM and they did such a good job. As to the actual video itself, there could be some improvement. For me, it's too choppy and way too much video of the crowd. They also kept bleeping out the word "high" from TCATB, but they would leave in the phrase "I've got a candle and I've got a spoon" and "take away all my pills" from Save Me. Go figure. It was a nice teaser until the DVD comes out, need to get my SD fix!!

Submitted by ARomaine on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Hunter F.

Mon, 12/20/2010 - 21:28

I enjoyed it a lot. Yeah, they censored the words "gun", and "high", but as you said, it was a very good preview. I can't wait for the CoM DVD to come out.

inked4life

Tue, 12/21/2010 - 01:40

I was kind of suprised they censored gun, but I still enjoyed it.

Missed it, but saw some on YouTube...was it me or did it look like the Diamond Eyes version was off a little...like he was done singing a lyric, yet the sound kept coming. I sure hope it wasn't a lip sync...

They are replying it several times over the next few days. You might be able to catch it there, as the youtube might even have been off. I didn't really notice, but I also didn't pay attention.

I also got to watch the STP one which came on right before (so very awesome that my 2 fav bands had shows back to back) and that one...was...interesting.

[quote="ryno32"]Missed it, but saw some on YouTube...was it me or did it look like the Diamond Eyes version was off a little...like he was done singing a lyric, yet the sound kept coming. I sure hope it wasn't a lip sync...[/quote]

unfortunately he did lip-sync the Diamond Eyes chorus. what a stupid decision by their management. there's no reason for Brent to lip-sync. he still has his voice. all you have to do is watch the Simple Man video from this show and you'll know he can still hit the high notes like he did back in the day.

tessarakt

Thu, 12/23/2010 - 01:16

WHY would they have him lip sync? Of course he can hit them or he wouldn't be able to do it in the studio, but performing live is a totally different animal. He always changes it up live, you'd have to, it's hard ass work to hit those notes. I'd rather him change it up than lip sync.

Why risk your reputation?

I finally got around to watching the Palladia Friday Night Alright with Shinedown, and I am pretty sure it was a preview of the DVD they are releasing for the CoM. I'm hoping it was longer than the 6 songs they played, but it was really nice to watch it. Made me feel right back at the CoM and they did such a good job. As to the actual video itself, there could be some improvement. For me, it's too choppy and way too much video of the crowd. They also kept bleeping out the word "high" from TCATB, but they would leave in the phrase "I've got a candle and I've got a spoon" and "take away all my pills" from Save Me. Go figure. It was a nice teaser until the DVD comes out, need to get my SD fix!!

comments

WHY would they have him lip sync? Of course he can hit them or he wouldn't be able to do it in the studio, but performing live is a totally different animal. He always changes it up live, you'd have to, it's hard ass work to hit those notes. I'd rather him change it up than lip sync.

Why risk your reputation?

[quote="ryno32"]Missed it, but saw some on YouTube...was it me or did it look like the Diamond Eyes version was off a little...like he was done singing a lyric, yet the sound kept coming. I sure hope it wasn't a lip sync...[/quote]

unfortunately he did lip-sync the Diamond Eyes chorus. what a stupid decision by their management. there's no reason for Brent to lip-sync. he still has his voice. all you have to do is watch the Simple Man video from this show and you'll know he can still hit the high notes like he did back in the day.

They are replying it several times over the next few days. You might be able to catch it there, as the youtube might even have been off. I didn't really notice, but I also didn't pay attention.

I also got to watch the STP one which came on right before (so very awesome that my 2 fav bands had shows back to back) and that one...was...interesting.

Missed it, but saw some on YouTube...was it me or did it look like the Diamond Eyes version was off a little...like he was done singing a lyric, yet the sound kept coming. I sure hope it wasn't a lip sync...

I was kind of suprised they censored gun, but I still enjoyed it.

I enjoyed it a lot. Yeah, they censored the words "gun", and "high", but as you said, it was a very good preview. I can't wait for the CoM DVD to come out.