Other favorite Bands?

• Other favorite Bands?
    willdabeastfraz

i know we all love Shinedown. but i also know they are not the only band we listen to... what are some your most listened to bands? who else besides Shinedown do you worship?

here are a few of mine

Breaking Benjamin
    Metallica
    Black Label Society
    Rob/White Zombie
    Alice in Chains
    Pearl Jam
    Nirvana
    Soundgarden
    Disturbed
    Audioslave
    The Offspring
    Linkin Park
    Gorillaz
    Alter Bridge
    Foo Fighters
    Jimmy Eat World
    Rage Against the Machine
    Ozzy
    Dio

there's more, but that is a good sample of some of my fav's... i'm always switching around them on cd's

Submitted by willdabeastfraz on
Forum category
Is pro
No

d_eicholz

Mon, 06/08/2009 - 00:18

wow, i know i'm gonna forget a ton but here are some that come to mind:

Nirvana
Rage Against The Machine
AC/DC
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Disturbed
Metallica
Sixx: Am
Theory Of A Deadman
Saliva
Rob Zombie
3 Doors Down
Hollywood Undead
Puddle Of Mudd
Pop evil
Halestorm
Static-X
Three Days Grace
The Veer Union

That's a good start anyway XP

scotlandbanff

Mon, 06/08/2009 - 07:36

will forget plenty

Iron Maiden
Metallica
Alter bridge
3 Doors down
It bites
Megadeth
Anthrax
Neds atomic dustbin
AC/DC

CAN'T THINK JUST NOW

Cheers Ian(scotlandbanff)

JeffTaormina

Mon, 06/08/2009 - 07:37

Van Halen, Judas Priest, Aerosmith, Alterbridge, Chickenfoot, KISS, Damn Yankees.

3 Doors Down is my other addiction.
Black Stone Cherry
Heaven's Basement
The Fairwell
The Crave

This is what i'm listening to at the moment but there's a lot of other bands that i like.

Bon Jovi
U2
Queen
RHCP
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Rammstein
Rush

For me, it's

Seether
Three Days Grace
Art of Dying
Muse
The Bravery
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Royal Bliss
and
Duff McKagan's Loaded

Realize also that we listen to a TON of local music, most of which you probably don't know (YET!). Loaded is from Seattle, of course, but with Duff in charge, they are making a worldwide assault! Get their new CD, "Sick" - you won't regret it!

scotlandbanff

Tue, 06/09/2009 - 12:51

Yeah Loaded played some Scottish gigs earlier in the year wasn't able to go wanted to check them out.

cheers Ian(scotlandbanff)

In no particular order...VanHalen, Queensryche, Judas Priest, Motley Crue, Aerosmith, Iron Maiden, Zeppelin, Rush, Theory of a Deadman, Halestorm, Pop Evil, Of course..cause I'm a Jersey Girl, Bon Jovi and Bruce...and I love Daughtry. It depends on the day, because I listen to all types of music.

willdabeastfraz

Tue, 06/09/2009 - 21:35

wow! we got a bunch of metalheads in here!

awesome...

destiny453

Wed, 06/10/2009 - 11:21

Im going to forget a few aswell but here goes:

Foo Fighters
Nirvana
Linkin Park
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Alter Bridge
Slipknot
Soil
Pink
3 Doors Down
Seether
Staind
Muse
The Dykeenies (Scottish Band)
Marilyn Manson

and plenty more :)

dalamar_2

Thu, 06/11/2009 - 21:58

I'm too old for this thread....

METALICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
Bon Jovi
Twisted Sisters
Cinderella
Honeymoon Suite
Poison
SHINEDOWN
Offsprings
GREEN DAY
SUM 41
Led Zepplin
The Living Colour
Pearl Jam
IRON MAIDEN
Pink Floyd
VH
CHICKENFOOT
Joe Satriani
3 Doors Down
Jet Black Stare
Carolina Liar
Alanis Morisette
SRV
Johnny Lang
B.B. King
Kenny Wayne Sheppherd
Phil Collins
Sting
Marillion
Rush
Damien Rice
Laureena MacKinnit and so many, many more.

But, my all time bestest-test ever... [b] Ludwig von Beethoven[/b], the MAESTRO. Try as you might, he invented good music.

That's an awfully good list Dalamar! I could have gone on and on, but I kept it short....like me! :P

dalamar_2

Thu, 06/11/2009 - 22:03

[quote="ladydivine10"]That's an awfully good list Dalamar! I could have gone on and on, but I kept it short....like me! :P[/quote]

It's difficult to point at good and not good.

Shall we all agree that good music is about what mood you're in for at this moment?

[quote="dalamar"][quote="ladydivine10"]That's an awfully good list Dalamar! I could have gone on and on, but I kept it short....like me! :P[/quote]

Shall we all agree that good music is about what mood you're in for at this moment?[/quote]

I would definitely agree...sometimes you need rock and roll, and sometimes you need to chill, then sometimes you need to listen to something cathartic, and then sometimes just to have fun.....

destiny453

Fri, 06/12/2009 - 02:44

Yeah dalamar I agree with that :)...i also forgot to say i really like Disturbed and a Scottish rock band called Biffy Clyro....they are amazing :D I don't just like rock music though, i can pretty much listen to anything aslong as it isn't classical

There's other bands besides Shinedown?

[quote="zbulling"]There's other bands besides Shinedown?[/quote]

:shock: :lol:

Killswitch Engage
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Keane
Death Cab for Cutie
Modest Mouse
Chevelle
System of a Down
Matchbox Twenty
Slipknot
De La Soul
Toad the Wet Sprocket
Disturbed
Mudvayne
and Avenged Sevenfold

Just to name a few.

Too funny! :lol:

destiny453

Sun, 06/21/2009 - 16:00

No one better just a few that are good :)

Alter Bridge
The Mayfield Four
3 Doors Down
Black Stone Cherry
Seether
Breaking Benjamin
Disturbed
Black Tide
Logan
Tequila Rockin Bird
Heavens Basement
Alice In Chains
Metallica
Creed

destiny453

Tue, 06/23/2009 - 16:08

I love Logan....have you seen them play?

I'm sure we have had this conversation in another thread? :lol:

But in answer, yes supporting AB in Nov, a shame I didn't get to the 05 gigs with AB and Logan. Have you got the new exposed CD?

destiny453

Wed, 06/24/2009 - 15:29

Yeah i think we did lol...i only saw them when they supported Bon Jovi at Hampden but they are really good, that's where i first heard them :) No not yet, is it good?

[quote="destiny453"]Yeah dalamar I agree with that :)...i also forgot to say i really like Disturbed and a Scottish rock band called Biffy Clyro....they are amazing :D I don't just like rock music though, i can pretty much listen to anything aslong as it isn't classical[/quote]

You know, I need to check out biffy clyro... think I'd like 'em.

But, I was raised on classical music, so that's a great retreat for me! I also enjoy bluegrass, and "old timey" music like that from Oh Brother Where Art Thou!!

destiny453

Wed, 06/24/2009 - 16:21

yeah check them out! If you do check out Machines and Saturday Superhouse. They are my faves. :)

willdabeastfraz

Thu, 06/25/2009 - 03:22

has anyone ever listened to Breaking Benjamin? they have got to be my absolute favorite band... they are like shinedown used to be in the sense that they are on the radio all the time and yet no one knows who they are... at least round here... lame

d_eicholz

Thu, 06/25/2009 - 04:25

[quote="willdabeastfraz"]has anyone ever listened to Breaking Benjamin? they have got to be my absolute favorite band... they are like shinedown used to be in the sense that they are on the radio all the time and yet no one knows who they are... at least round here... lame[/quote]

very nice. gotta love breaking ben :D

destiny453

Thu, 06/25/2009 - 13:19

cant say i have but i will check them out. :)

[quote="willdabeastfraz"]has anyone ever listened to Breaking Benjamin? they have got to be my absolute favorite band... they are like shinedown used to be in the sense that they are on the radio all the time and yet no one knows who they are... at least round here... lame[/quote]

Will, good heavens! Do you really think that I wouldn't know and love Breaking Benjamin, if I know and love Shinedown?? They're terrific! Did anyone besides me and my son read Aaron Fink's Dad's book about the band, essentially? It's great - check it out. Wish Ben would travel more, but he's kinda funny about that... Would love to see them tour their new album and come out to Seattle again!

Yeah, I got into them 3 years ago with Shinedown and Alter Bridge. Absolutely love all three of their albums. Phobia is one of those albums where I just can't for the life of me pick any favourites really - they are all so amazing.

i know we all love Shinedown. but i also know they are not the only band we listen to... what are some your most listened to bands? who else besides Shinedown do you worship?

here are a few of mine

Breaking Benjamin
Metallica
Black Label Society
Rob/White Zombie
Alice in Chains
Pearl Jam
Nirvana
Soundgarden
Disturbed
Audioslave
The Offspring
Linkin Park
Gorillaz
Alter Bridge
Foo Fighters
Jimmy Eat World
Rage Against the Machine
Ozzy
Dio

there's more, but that is a good sample of some of my fav's... i'm always switching around them on cd's

comments

OMG, i think i would be going crazy trying to jump out a window or something! :lol: I'm lucky, cos I'm just in the kitchen I can take my ipod and listen to whatever I want :)

The worst thing is , they play a cycle of about 15 songs, so every hour and a 1/2 you hear the same songs all over again!!! I'm with you too Siouxi, hate hiphop etc... Thanks again for keepin' me "hooked up " on FB!! I love that application!!! :wink:
P.S. Destiny, I work for Providence Bank.

I'd rather have country music than the shi+ they play in our store.
Lady Gaga, Rihanna,Beyonce, hiphop and other crap music.
It drives me crazy.

Who do you work for?? Ohhhhh that sucks ass big time!! It would drive me insane! :lol:

Because one of our guards is into country and they operate the music system. Much of our clientele like country music also. 95% of my clients are Dutch/American, go figure!! :?

why?? :( :(

I'm with her :arrow: I have to listen to it at work 2 out of 4 days!! :(

ohhhh country, i hate that :( lol...sorry just my opinion :lol:

Metallica
Lynyrd Skynyrd
AC/DC
Pantera
Disturbed
GNR
ZZ Top
Led Zeppelin
Ozzy
black label society
Molly Hatchet
ect...ect....

Also like alot of country to :)

Might have to check out some of their stuff then :)

I would give total HORNS UP to Lacuna Coil. Put on a great show here in Seattle recently - one of my favorites this year!

I don't really listen to Lacuna Coil but I do love Christina Scabbia's voice on the Alter Bridge Watch Over You track :)

[quote="alexh"][quote="willdabeastfraz"]has anyone ever listened to Breaking Benjamin? they have got to be my absolute favorite band... they are like shinedown used to be in the sense that they are on the radio all the time and yet no one knows who they are... at least round here... lame[/quote]

Yeah, I got into them 3 years ago with Shinedown and Alter Bridge. Absolutely love all three of their albums. Phobia is one of those albums where I just can't for the life of me pick any favourites really - they are all so amazing.[/quote]Yea, they are awesome!!like 'em alot.

Arejay is my favorite!

I really like Halestorm. Lzzy's voice is great. Don't know if anyone remembers Suzy Quatro? Somehow Lzzy reminds me of her. She used to be my rolemodel when i was young :D

They are good :) I'm getting into these american bands through you guys :)

Halestorm is amazing! LOve Lzzy Hale's voice!

my other obsession is HALESTORM. they're hilarious.

I love Donnie and Marie, The Village People and Raue Paul!!!!

:P :P :P

(Jaster)

Also, we LOVE Royal Bliss - they're from Utah, and are absolutely lovely guys! They've played with Shinedown before, but we saw them more recently in Seattle and Portland with Candlebox and Jet Black Stare.

Don't remember if anyone (perhaps me) has mentioned Art of Dying, also from Canada. They're based out of Vancouver, but two members are from Toronto. They also are working on a new album, busy writing and recording. Terrific music, and I'm pretty sure if you love Shinedown, you'd love Art of Dying also.

i know most of u have heard both of them, but for anyone who hasn't u need to check out pop evil and the veer union. i love both of them.

Oh! Jet Black Stare is one of "MY" bands! That album is GOOD start to finish. They are not touring right now, but are hunkered down in Vancouver writing and working on a NEW album. Can't wait! So glad you mentioned them - they are really nice guys and very talented. :D

I run a website for a dirt track racing series and i have Ready to Roll by Jet Black Stare as the music in the background =)

i will. :) thanks.

[quote="destiny453"]Me 2 :) Have you guys listened to Biffy Clyro yet? :)[/quote]

havent. I'll do that this week for fun.

If you guys don't know [b]Jet Black Stare[/b] I would suggest you tried it. It's bloody addictive.

Oh maybe you're just not listening to the right song :) Try Machines, Folding Stars or Get Fucked Stud. I love them, but maybe that's cos they are from close to where I live and I'm biased! Lol

I have listened but it's not really my cup of tea.

Me 2 :) Have you guys listened to Biffy Clyro yet? :)

I have heard of them Siouxi..they are very good! Saw them on myspace...I was impressed!

Anyone heard of Heaven's Basement? They're a brittish band. I saw them two weeks ago opening for BSC, they're amazing. They got a great energy on stage and the singer has a great voice.
It was really a surprise to hear such a great band as a opening band.

http://www.myspace.com/heavensbasementofficial

yeah me 2, mite aswell get ur moneys worth! :)

[quote="mad_mama"]Will, do you post on the Shallowbay boards? If so, you'll see my crazy friend Jennifer over there. She's nuts for Ben![/quote]
actually i just registered my name on that site... but i try to stick to this one since i'm paying for it

Will, do you post on the Shallowbay boards? If so, you'll see my crazy friend Jennifer over there. She's nuts for Ben!

[quote="alexh"][quote="willdabeastfraz"]has anyone ever listened to Breaking Benjamin? they have got to be my absolute favorite band... they are like shinedown used to be in the sense that they are on the radio all the time and yet no one knows who they are... at least round here... lame[/quote]

Yeah, I got into them 3 years ago with Shinedown and Alter Bridge. Absolutely love all three of their albums. Phobia is one of those albums where I just can't for the life of me pick any favourites really - they are all so amazing.[/quote]

likewise. except for me, all three albums rock my socks... as of late i can't stop listening to saturate... i think it's the hardest of the three... and i cant wait until this new one.... their new single, "i will not bow" is to be released in August... soooooo excited to hear it.

I will check them out, I do love Alter Bridge 2 :) Have only really started listening to them :)

Yeah, I got into them 3 years ago with Shinedown and Alter Bridge. Absolutely love all three of their albums. Phobia is one of those albums where I just can't for the life of me pick any favourites really - they are all so amazing.

Will, good heavens! Do you really think that I wouldn't know and love Breaking Benjamin, if I know and love Shinedown?? They're terrific! Did anyone besides me and my son read Aaron Fink's Dad's book about the band, essentially? It's great - check it out. Wish Ben would travel more, but he's kinda funny about that... Would love to see them tour their new album and come out to Seattle again!

cant say i have but i will check them out. :)

very nice. gotta love breaking ben :D

has anyone ever listened to Breaking Benjamin? they have got to be my absolute favorite band... they are like shinedown used to be in the sense that they are on the radio all the time and yet no one knows who they are... at least round here... lame

yeah check them out! If you do check out Machines and Saturday Superhouse. They are my faves. :)

[quote="destiny453"]Yeah dalamar I agree with that :)...i also forgot to say i really like Disturbed and a Scottish rock band called Biffy Clyro....they are amazing :D I don't just like rock music though, i can pretty much listen to anything aslong as it isn't classical[/quote]

You know, I need to check out biffy clyro... think I'd like 'em.

But, I was raised on classical music, so that's a great retreat for me! I also enjoy bluegrass, and "old timey" music like that from Oh Brother Where Art Thou!!

Yeah i think we did lol...i only saw them when they supported Bon Jovi at Hampden but they are really good, that's where i first heard them :) No not yet, is it good?

I'm sure we have had this conversation in another thread? :lol:

But in answer, yes supporting AB in Nov, a shame I didn't get to the 05 gigs with AB and Logan. Have you got the new exposed CD?

I love Logan....have you seen them play?

Alter Bridge
The Mayfield Four
3 Doors Down
Black Stone Cherry
Seether
Breaking Benjamin
Disturbed
Black Tide
Logan
Tequila Rockin Bird
Heavens Basement
Alice In Chains
Metallica
Creed

No one better just a few that are good :)

Too funny! :lol:

Killswitch Engage
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Keane
Death Cab for Cutie
Modest Mouse
Chevelle
System of a Down
Matchbox Twenty
Slipknot
De La Soul
Toad the Wet Sprocket
Disturbed
Mudvayne
and Avenged Sevenfold

Just to name a few.

:shock: :lol:

There's other bands besides Shinedown?

Yeah dalamar I agree with that :)...i also forgot to say i really like Disturbed and a Scottish rock band called Biffy Clyro....they are amazing :D I don't just like rock music though, i can pretty much listen to anything aslong as it isn't classical

[quote="dalamar"][quote="ladydivine10"]That's an awfully good list Dalamar! I could have gone on and on, but I kept it short....like me! :P[/quote]

Shall we all agree that good music is about what mood you're in for at this moment?[/quote]

I would definitely agree...sometimes you need rock and roll, and sometimes you need to chill, then sometimes you need to listen to something cathartic, and then sometimes just to have fun.....

[quote="ladydivine10"]That's an awfully good list Dalamar! I could have gone on and on, but I kept it short....like me! :P[/quote]

Shall we all agree that good music is about what mood you're in for at this moment?

That's an awfully good list Dalamar! I could have gone on and on, but I kept it short....like me! :P

I'm too old for this thread....

METALICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
Bon Jovi
Twisted Sisters
Cinderella
Honeymoon Suite
Poison
SHINEDOWN
Offsprings
GREEN DAY
SUM 41
Led Zepplin
The Living Colour
Pearl Jam
IRON MAIDEN
Pink Floyd
VH
CHICKENFOOT
Joe Satriani
3 Doors Down
Jet Black Stare
Carolina Liar
Alanis Morisette
SRV
Johnny Lang
B.B. King
Kenny Wayne Sheppherd
Phil Collins
Sting
Marillion
Rush
Damien Rice
Laureena MacKinnit and so many, many more.

But, my all time bestest-test ever... [b] Ludwig von Beethoven[/b], the MAESTRO. Try as you might, he invented good music.

Im going to forget a few aswell but here goes:

Foo Fighters
Nirvana
Linkin Park
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Alter Bridge
Slipknot
Soil
Pink
3 Doors Down
Seether
Staind
Muse
The Dykeenies (Scottish Band)
Marilyn Manson

and plenty more :)

wow! we got a bunch of metalheads in here!

awesome...

In no particular order...VanHalen, Queensryche, Judas Priest, Motley Crue, Aerosmith, Iron Maiden, Zeppelin, Rush, Theory of a Deadman, Halestorm, Pop Evil, Of course..cause I'm a Jersey Girl, Bon Jovi and Bruce...and I love Daughtry. It depends on the day, because I listen to all types of music.

Yeah Loaded played some Scottish gigs earlier in the year wasn't able to go wanted to check them out.

cheers Ian(scotlandbanff)

For me, it's

Seether
Three Days Grace
Art of Dying
Muse
The Bravery
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Royal Bliss
and
Duff McKagan's Loaded

Realize also that we listen to a TON of local music, most of which you probably don't know (YET!). Loaded is from Seattle, of course, but with Duff in charge, they are making a worldwide assault! Get their new CD, "Sick" - you won't regret it!

3 Doors Down is my other addiction.
Black Stone Cherry
Heaven's Basement
The Fairwell
The Crave

This is what i'm listening to at the moment but there's a lot of other bands that i like.

Bon Jovi
U2
Queen
RHCP
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Rammstein
Rush

Van Halen, Judas Priest, Aerosmith, Alterbridge, Chickenfoot, KISS, Damn Yankees.

will forget plenty

Iron Maiden
Metallica
Alter bridge
3 Doors down
It bites
Megadeth
Anthrax
Neds atomic dustbin
AC/DC

CAN'T THINK JUST NOW

Cheers Ian(scotlandbanff)