"Original" Message Board

• "Original" Message Board
    zbulling

Guys and gals, I was just on the other message board, which I havent been for a long time, and I was very discouraged at some of the stuff people have been saying about the band. I know there have been alot of changes that not everyone agrees on and thats fine shit happens, life goes on. All this stuff about Brents weight gain and if he lip synchs and shit. Who cares what he weighs as long as he is in good health and happy, who the f cares and they have been a TON of shows and nobody can do that many shows without needing some sort of relief.

Basically I just want all of the true fans on here to make sure we are supporting the band we love and to not let any of these people bring down the band because they have done nothing but be great to all of their fans.

I hope everyone in the band and on the crew is happy and healthy and everyone in the U.S. is ecstatic to see you perform again!

Submitted by zbulling on
Forum category
Is pro
No

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 01/13/2009 - 09:53

people who bash and criticize the band they supposedly love don't really appreciate the band. SHINEDOWN is one of the most primordial forces on the face of the earth.

yeah who cares if the singer doesnt actually sing at live shows

sry i just had to say that, if your going to make fun of him cuz hees put on a couple pounds get over yourself, he aint fuckin lindsay lohan and isnt in it for the paparazzi.

but in regards to him lip syncing you SHOULD NOT IGNORE THAT. If the band has to postpone shows for him to regain his voice so what. its not like shinedown is the first band in the history of rock music to tour for a year straight. tons of bands do that and most of them dont lip sync. and some bands like pearl jam do it and put on 2 to 3 hour shows every night, whens the last time SD stayed on stage for 3 hours?

i am not being a hater im just being honest, brent has went to the hospital in the past for straining his vocal chords, we wouldn't want that to happen again, but he should learn to do shows and not strain his voice as much. or he can do more smaller tours, with time for him to recuperate.

you can disagree with me if you want, im just saying that there is no reason for him to lip sync and there is a reason why so many other artists out there REFUSE to lip sync or turn it into a joke when they are forced to do it. It is disrespectful to your fans when you PRETEND to do something that the fans are paying for you to do.

oh and shinedownjunkie just incase you didnt know people criticize what they love the most because they care too much sometimes.

AllAmericanDan1

Thu, 01/15/2009 - 17:00

I think a lot of what's going on with this lip syncing could be fixed if Brent works on not straining his voice. If he continues down the road he's on he'll either be thought a hack or his voice will be destroyed, like James Hetfield's (I'm not badmouthing the guy, but his voice is war torn from years of touring). I don't know if there are techniques to not straining your voice but there must be lead singers that have been singing for 20-30 years are still out there and their voices are not bad at all. Geddy Lee's vocals come to mind, as does Bruce Springsteen. I know they aren't the same style of singing and what not, but still guys that them are performing 2-3 hour shows on every tour for the last couple of decades. Maybe Brent should seek some advice of his fellow singers to learn what they do to try and not strain their voices. Shinedown would also benefit from adding certain elements to their show that would help Brent not have to use his voice as much. Like for example, adding a drum solo or just letting the band jam for a bit (which happens, but he's in the middle of a segway or story when that happens). Anyways, I would like to add that I am NOT criticizing Brent. These are just some things that could help him preserve his voice and not have to lip sync. So please no one flame me for "criticizing Brent" or anything, he is the reason I started to like this band, Brent proved to me that not all current bands have terrible singers. But I would prefer he have a lengthy music career where his voice is as good as it is now.

ya, in the middle of shows let everyone in the band have a little solo, it doesnt have to be led zeppelin style where everyone gets 10-20 minutes, but if everyone had a 5 minute solo that could give brent 15 minutes to drink some water and just chill out.

and as far as singing techniques go Myles Kennedy of alter bridge uses the Bel Canto technique widely used by opera singers.

brent has never had a singing instructor and in turn does not have very good singing technique and easily blows out his voice because of it.

he has the best voice since freddie mercury in my opinion, but he needs to fine tune his technique if he wants to last much longer in the music scene.

This is my concern, Brent needs to protect his voice as they are close to breaking Europe which will mean more shows and longer tours.

I have heard rumours about lip synching but nothing confirmed. Is this because of the Jay Leno performance?

DrumstickGirl_…

Fri, 01/16/2009 - 22:06

[quote="stephenmuk"]This is my concern, Brent needs to protect his voice as they are close to breaking Europe which will mean more shows and longer tours.

I have heard rumours about lip synching but nothing confirmed. Is this because of the Jay Leno performance?[/quote]

Rumors of lip syncing? I will confirm. December 18th at the Machine shop in Flint, i was about 8 feet from Brent and he definitely lip synced Second Chance.

I'm a HUGE shinedown fan, probably one of the biggest on this board, but that doesn't change the fact that I wish they wouldn't tour so much, for the sake of Brents voice. I'd rather have one vocally amazing show per year, than one amazing and two vocally mediocre. :(

Guys and gals, I was just on the other message board, which I havent been for a long time, and I was very discouraged at some of the stuff people have been saying about the band. I know there have been alot of changes that not everyone agrees on and thats fine shit happens, life goes on. All this stuff about Brents weight gain and if he lip synchs and shit. Who cares what he weighs as long as he is in good health and happy, who the f cares and they have been a TON of shows and nobody can do that many shows without needing some sort of relief.

Basically I just want all of the true fans on here to make sure we are supporting the band we love and to not let any of these people bring down the band because they have done nothing but be great to all of their fans.

I hope everyone in the band and on the crew is happy and healthy and everyone in the U.S. is ecstatic to see you perform again!

comments

[quote="stephenmuk"]This is my concern, Brent needs to protect his voice as they are close to breaking Europe which will mean more shows and longer tours.

I have heard rumours about lip synching but nothing confirmed. Is this because of the Jay Leno performance?[/quote]

Rumors of lip syncing? I will confirm. December 18th at the Machine shop in Flint, i was about 8 feet from Brent and he definitely lip synced Second Chance.

I'm a HUGE shinedown fan, probably one of the biggest on this board, but that doesn't change the fact that I wish they wouldn't tour so much, for the sake of Brents voice. I'd rather have one vocally amazing show per year, than one amazing and two vocally mediocre. :(

This is my concern, Brent needs to protect his voice as they are close to breaking Europe which will mean more shows and longer tours.

I have heard rumours about lip synching but nothing confirmed. Is this because of the Jay Leno performance?

ya, in the middle of shows let everyone in the band have a little solo, it doesnt have to be led zeppelin style where everyone gets 10-20 minutes, but if everyone had a 5 minute solo that could give brent 15 minutes to drink some water and just chill out.

and as far as singing techniques go Myles Kennedy of alter bridge uses the Bel Canto technique widely used by opera singers.

brent has never had a singing instructor and in turn does not have very good singing technique and easily blows out his voice because of it.

he has the best voice since freddie mercury in my opinion, but he needs to fine tune his technique if he wants to last much longer in the music scene.

I think a lot of what's going on with this lip syncing could be fixed if Brent works on not straining his voice. If he continues down the road he's on he'll either be thought a hack or his voice will be destroyed, like James Hetfield's (I'm not badmouthing the guy, but his voice is war torn from years of touring). I don't know if there are techniques to not straining your voice but there must be lead singers that have been singing for 20-30 years are still out there and their voices are not bad at all. Geddy Lee's vocals come to mind, as does Bruce Springsteen. I know they aren't the same style of singing and what not, but still guys that them are performing 2-3 hour shows on every tour for the last couple of decades. Maybe Brent should seek some advice of his fellow singers to learn what they do to try and not strain their voices. Shinedown would also benefit from adding certain elements to their show that would help Brent not have to use his voice as much. Like for example, adding a drum solo or just letting the band jam for a bit (which happens, but he's in the middle of a segway or story when that happens). Anyways, I would like to add that I am NOT criticizing Brent. These are just some things that could help him preserve his voice and not have to lip sync. So please no one flame me for "criticizing Brent" or anything, he is the reason I started to like this band, Brent proved to me that not all current bands have terrible singers. But I would prefer he have a lengthy music career where his voice is as good as it is now.

yeah who cares if the singer doesnt actually sing at live shows

sry i just had to say that, if your going to make fun of him cuz hees put on a couple pounds get over yourself, he aint fuckin lindsay lohan and isnt in it for the paparazzi.

but in regards to him lip syncing you SHOULD NOT IGNORE THAT. If the band has to postpone shows for him to regain his voice so what. its not like shinedown is the first band in the history of rock music to tour for a year straight. tons of bands do that and most of them dont lip sync. and some bands like pearl jam do it and put on 2 to 3 hour shows every night, whens the last time SD stayed on stage for 3 hours?

i am not being a hater im just being honest, brent has went to the hospital in the past for straining his vocal chords, we wouldn't want that to happen again, but he should learn to do shows and not strain his voice as much. or he can do more smaller tours, with time for him to recuperate.

you can disagree with me if you want, im just saying that there is no reason for him to lip sync and there is a reason why so many other artists out there REFUSE to lip sync or turn it into a joke when they are forced to do it. It is disrespectful to your fans when you PRETEND to do something that the fans are paying for you to do.

oh and shinedownjunkie just incase you didnt know people criticize what they love the most because they care too much sometimes.

people who bash and criticize the band they supposedly love don't really appreciate the band. SHINEDOWN is one of the most primordial forces on the face of the earth.