Only a week to go...

• Only a week to go...
    ARomaine

I don't know how many people are going to the AC 4/3 show, but now that I realize it's next weekend, I'm getting totally psyched. I kinda wish it wasn't Easter the following day as we're driving from AC to my parents house after the show, and I can't tell my parents when we're going to be there, because I'm hoping to catch the guys at the bus.

Anyone else going to be there?

Submitted by ARomaine on
Forum category
Is pro
No

shinedownjunkie45

Sat, 03/27/2010 - 15:45

i'll be with you in spirit my friend but give the guys our best. on behalf of the nation tell them we love them and thank them for all that their doing for us.

AHHHH!! On my way down to AC, the weather couldn't be nicer, and I couldn't be more excited. Here's to a great show tonight guys and fingers crossed I can find the bus!

shinedownjunkie45

Sat, 04/03/2010 - 21:32

have fun tonight my friend be sure to let us know how it went. tell the guys the people of the nation say hi.

Ok the good news was that the show was as great as expected. The boardwalk hall was the largest venue I've seen them play in. They played for about 35 min, 8 songs which imo was way too short. Song list:
Sound of Madness
Devour
Cyanide Sweet Tooth Suicide
If You Only Knew
Save Me
Simple Man
Second Chance

However, my section was ONLY there for Nickelback. And when Brent asked the audience to raise their hand if this was their first SD concert, a good 80% of the audience did. That was even up from the 60% at the Nokia theater concert. But they still rocked the audience and they got a really good response.

Now the bad news: the security and ushers were completely and utterly rude to me while I was trying to find the bus. I know, I know, Jersey people rude? NEVER...anyway, it was to the point where I was told there was no way I was getting near the bus so deal with it and that only Nickelbacd was doing a M&G. My husband took me away and we walked out the street and then spent another hour sneaking into the garage under the concert venue, but we couldn't find the bus. We actually did get to the area right under the stage and where the stairs to go up to the back stage, and we totally had a great performance of Nickelback, but we didn't meet the guys. Totally disappointing.

Which means that I'll just have to catch the boys the next time they come by at another venue. And SDcomputers...I got a present for ya!!

shinedownjunkie45

Sun, 04/04/2010 - 00:46

well first of all i'm glad to hear that the show was good. that stinks that they are only getting about 30some minutes for their show. that's gotta stink for all of us diehards who can't get enough of SD. and that is really tough that you couldn't get near the bus to see the guys. sometimes security peeps can be really nice and other times they really can have an attitude problem it's really luck of the draw which stinks. but all in all glad you had fun and i definately hope you get to see them next time you go to a show.

Honestly, it's to the point where I only want to see them if they are headlining. These little 6-8 song sets are just too short, esp when I paid over $200 for my tix and I was so far away from the stage that I could barely make out who was who. And then got the attitude to boot. But then again, seeing them even for 30 min is better than not!

Another plus was that the merch stand had some really nice, new (at least to me) shirts and I picked up a couple.

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 04/05/2010 - 10:01

oh okay yeah i see what you mean. when i saw them in august they were on the stimulate this tour with staind headlining the set seemed way too short for me i enjoyed every minute of it and let out so much stress just by hearing them and seeing them. it was great we got to meet them before the show. but i understand what you mean it's tough when they are not headlining sets are so short and you spend a great deal for tix. and it's even tougher when you can't get to spend much time seeing them after the show too. but i wouldn't miss it for anything. seeing the guys for five minutes would be torture cuz i would want more but it's better than nothing. they are my four heroes and for that i i thank them every time i can.

Actually...thinking about it, I think I found why I was so disappointed w/ the whole outcome. The last show I saw them was at the Nokia theater in Jan, where they were headlining. Tix were half the price, and the band played for almost 3x as long, AND there was an official meet and greet which we would have done, except as hubby got me the tix as a christmas gift, they were sold out by the time he ordered them.

But I was still very psyched to see them, totally enjoyed the show, and am looking forward to the next one, which looks pretty awesome so far.

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 04/05/2010 - 21:12

that is true that would be grounds for being dissapointed this time around but still a good show nonetheless for you so i'm happy for you.

I don't know how many people are going to the AC 4/3 show, but now that I realize it's next weekend, I'm getting totally psyched. I kinda wish it wasn't Easter the following day as we're driving from AC to my parents house after the show, and I can't tell my parents when we're going to be there, because I'm hoping to catch the guys at the bus.

Anyone else going to be there?

comments

that is true that would be grounds for being dissapointed this time around but still a good show nonetheless for you so i'm happy for you.

Actually...thinking about it, I think I found why I was so disappointed w/ the whole outcome. The last show I saw them was at the Nokia theater in Jan, where they were headlining. Tix were half the price, and the band played for almost 3x as long, AND there was an official meet and greet which we would have done, except as hubby got me the tix as a christmas gift, they were sold out by the time he ordered them.

But I was still very psyched to see them, totally enjoyed the show, and am looking forward to the next one, which looks pretty awesome so far.

oh okay yeah i see what you mean. when i saw them in august they were on the stimulate this tour with staind headlining the set seemed way too short for me i enjoyed every minute of it and let out so much stress just by hearing them and seeing them. it was great we got to meet them before the show. but i understand what you mean it's tough when they are not headlining sets are so short and you spend a great deal for tix. and it's even tougher when you can't get to spend much time seeing them after the show too. but i wouldn't miss it for anything. seeing the guys for five minutes would be torture cuz i would want more but it's better than nothing. they are my four heroes and for that i i thank them every time i can.

Honestly, it's to the point where I only want to see them if they are headlining. These little 6-8 song sets are just too short, esp when I paid over $200 for my tix and I was so far away from the stage that I could barely make out who was who. And then got the attitude to boot. But then again, seeing them even for 30 min is better than not!

Another plus was that the merch stand had some really nice, new (at least to me) shirts and I picked up a couple.

well first of all i'm glad to hear that the show was good. that stinks that they are only getting about 30some minutes for their show. that's gotta stink for all of us diehards who can't get enough of SD. and that is really tough that you couldn't get near the bus to see the guys. sometimes security peeps can be really nice and other times they really can have an attitude problem it's really luck of the draw which stinks. but all in all glad you had fun and i definately hope you get to see them next time you go to a show.

Ok the good news was that the show was as great as expected. The boardwalk hall was the largest venue I've seen them play in. They played for about 35 min, 8 songs which imo was way too short. Song list:
Sound of Madness
Devour
Cyanide Sweet Tooth Suicide
If You Only Knew
Save Me
Simple Man
Second Chance

However, my section was ONLY there for Nickelback. And when Brent asked the audience to raise their hand if this was their first SD concert, a good 80% of the audience did. That was even up from the 60% at the Nokia theater concert. But they still rocked the audience and they got a really good response.

Now the bad news: the security and ushers were completely and utterly rude to me while I was trying to find the bus. I know, I know, Jersey people rude? NEVER...anyway, it was to the point where I was told there was no way I was getting near the bus so deal with it and that only Nickelbacd was doing a M&G. My husband took me away and we walked out the street and then spent another hour sneaking into the garage under the concert venue, but we couldn't find the bus. We actually did get to the area right under the stage and where the stairs to go up to the back stage, and we totally had a great performance of Nickelback, but we didn't meet the guys. Totally disappointing.

Which means that I'll just have to catch the boys the next time they come by at another venue. And SDcomputers...I got a present for ya!!

have fun tonight my friend be sure to let us know how it went. tell the guys the people of the nation say hi.

AHHHH!! On my way down to AC, the weather couldn't be nicer, and I couldn't be more excited. Here's to a great show tonight guys and fingers crossed I can find the bus!

i'll be with you in spirit my friend but give the guys our best. on behalf of the nation tell them we love them and thank them for all that their doing for us.