Okay it's official my mom is just cruel =(

• Okay it's official my mom is just cruel =(
    luvmy3

My mom that I live with is not a fan of shinedown at all. She likes to tell me there okay. Thats her way of saying she thinks they suck. I can handle that everyone has an opinion and there welcome to it. But when she decides to be a bubble popper about my M&G with the guys in Aug by says that "there probaly all a**holes, and they just want more money."!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was holding my SOM cd in my hand at the time and I nearly threw it at her head. I have not been this pissed at my mom in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. Anyone wondering what really happened? No I did not throw my cd at her SOM is too good for that, but I did get in a screaming match with her over her comment.

Submitted by luvmy3 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

wow your hardcore..lol...maybe she is a closet shinedown lover and is just jealous that you get to meet them and she doesnt! :)

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 05/11/2010 - 09:27

that is rough but don't fall to her level. i think it's really tough sometimes but you just gotta forget about negative comments like that. trust me I've met the guys twice they are not a-holes. they are really cool and really funny too. i once heard a quote that says sometimes people want to discourage you from your dreams or your aspirations because they are higher than theirs but you can't let that hold you down. you just gotta knock em down (figuratively of course) and let them know your going to follow your dream and that they can either go with you or stay where they are at. you might be wondering who said that quote well it was a man we call reverand brent smith. one of the wisest men i've ever heard speak.

Wow, beautifull words from you as well as the reverend :D

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 05/12/2010 - 09:26

brent is the one that has the way with words i just remember them is all. whenever i feel down and alone or like no one understands I know he has just the right message for me.

ShinedownChica

Wed, 05/12/2010 - 16:20

Brent seems to know the answer to everything..... is amazing!!!!!!!!

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 05/12/2010 - 16:24

i know and then when you tell him he downplays the whole thing which makes it even better. he is very humble about it.

ShinedownChica

Wed, 05/12/2010 - 16:32

I know! it's amazing! and all my friends are like "Yeah he pays someone to post like the for him" i nearly tackled someone...... hahaha

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 05/12/2010 - 16:34

haha i think i would've done the same. i always share his quotes with my wife and she is really impressed then she asks where did you hear that when i tell her she is always like "wow" that is a really nice quote.

randomsunkist17

Wed, 05/12/2010 - 16:40

Brent could be the next Confucius, except he's not an old hermit that lives on top of a mountain in the middle of nowhere with a crazy long beard and caresses it all the time like that one dude in Kill Bill. XD

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 05/12/2010 - 16:41

haha very true. he is a very very wise man.

ShinedownChica

Wed, 05/12/2010 - 16:50

umm yeah i think id be a little weirded out if he was.....

My mom that I live with is not a fan of shinedown at all. She likes to tell me there okay. Thats her way of saying she thinks they suck. I can handle that everyone has an opinion and there welcome to it. But when she decides to be a bubble popper about my M&G with the guys in Aug by says that "there probaly all a**holes, and they just want more money."!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was holding my SOM cd in my hand at the time and I nearly threw it at her head. I have not been this pissed at my mom in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. Anyone wondering what really happened? No I did not throw my cd at her SOM is too good for that, but I did get in a screaming match with her over her comment.

comments

umm yeah i think id be a little weirded out if he was.....

haha very true. he is a very very wise man.

Brent could be the next Confucius, except he's not an old hermit that lives on top of a mountain in the middle of nowhere with a crazy long beard and caresses it all the time like that one dude in Kill Bill. XD

haha i think i would've done the same. i always share his quotes with my wife and she is really impressed then she asks where did you hear that when i tell her she is always like "wow" that is a really nice quote.

I know! it's amazing! and all my friends are like "Yeah he pays someone to post like the for him" i nearly tackled someone...... hahaha

i know and then when you tell him he downplays the whole thing which makes it even better. he is very humble about it.

Brent seems to know the answer to everything..... is amazing!!!!!!!!

Amen :)

brent is the one that has the way with words i just remember them is all. whenever i feel down and alone or like no one understands I know he has just the right message for me.

Wow, beautifull words from you as well as the reverend :D

that is rough but don't fall to her level. i think it's really tough sometimes but you just gotta forget about negative comments like that. trust me I've met the guys twice they are not a-holes. they are really cool and really funny too. i once heard a quote that says sometimes people want to discourage you from your dreams or your aspirations because they are higher than theirs but you can't let that hold you down. you just gotta knock em down (figuratively of course) and let them know your going to follow your dream and that they can either go with you or stay where they are at. you might be wondering who said that quote well it was a man we call reverand brent smith. one of the wisest men i've ever heard speak.

wow your hardcore..lol...maybe she is a closet shinedown lover and is just jealous that you get to meet them and she doesnt! :)