Nickelback

• Nickelback
    devourmebrent

Are there any other Nickelback fans here?? I ABSOLUTELY LOVE them!! I've been lucky enough to have met them twice...well, twice for all but the bassist....I've met him three times. I have Platinum VIP to the KC show in April and so I get to meet them again!! I'm sooooooo excited!! I can't wait!!!

Submitted by devourmebrent on
Forum category
Is pro
No

dalamar_2

Wed, 02/04/2009 - 09:09

Like'em... Not utterly fan-like.
I didn't even bother buying their last.

I just get saturated too fast with them. I feel each album is more of the same... even if I usually get to enjoy it somewhat.

Oh their new CD is AWESOME!!! In a dirty kinda way... :lol: :lol: :lol: It's got some really great hard rockers on it as well as the obligatory ballad or two. But...it's the ballads that sell records, I guess. Thank God there's more rockers than ballads though I DO like the ballads on there. I love EVERY song on the CD!!! Now, take the previous effort, All The Right Reasons.....there was a phenomenal record!!! HOWEVER, there IS one song on it that I can only bring myself to like and not love and that is Someone That You're With. Used to be, I had to skip over it but now I can listen to it...just not all that fond of it....LOL!!! I thank you for your honesty and for doing it in a way where you didn't dis the band nor me or any other fan! That's how it SHOULD be done. Thank you again!

dalamar_2

Wed, 02/04/2009 - 13:55

[quote="devourmebrent"]Oh their new CD is AWESOME!!! In a dirty kinda way... :lol: :lol: :lol: It's got some really great hard rockers on it as well as the obligatory ballad or two. But...it's the ballads that sell records, I guess. Thank God there's more rockers than ballads though I DO like the ballads on there. I love EVERY song on the CD!!! Now, take the previous effort, All The Right Reasons.....there was a phenomenal record!!! HOWEVER, there IS one song on it that I can only bring myself to like and not love and that is Someone That You're With. Used to be, I had to skip over it but now I can listen to it...just not all that fond of it....LOL!!! I thank you for your honesty and for doing it in a way where you didn't dis the band nor me or any other fan! That's how it SHOULD be done. Thank you again![/quote]

Hey, I own All The Right Reason and Silver Side Up. I'd like to think I was honest and informed. There are many Nickleback fans out there and I understand why. I'm just not one of them :wink:

And I wouldn't attack on something as subjective as taste. There are people who actually like Cold Play and Radiohead for reasons past my limited understanding... and yet, I remain calm and composed.. *ahem* =)

I like you!!!LOL!!! Um yes, that is beyond my understanding too as I don't care for either band.

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 02/04/2009 - 15:43

same here don't like them either but nickleback is good.

i love Nickelback alot going to my third concert of theirs and maybe ill finally meet them own every album along with the live at home dvd and the videos dvd lol i wont go into the posters, and band t-shirt. great great band
oh and i have to agree with everybody that doesnt like coldplay and radiohead

ShinedownPicks

Fri, 02/06/2009 - 11:01

I enjoy Nickelback as well. I will be seeing them with Seether and Saving Abel March 15th in Moline, IL. Should be a sweet show. All of theirs always are!

I wish I could go to the Moline show....it's not so very far away....just don't think I can get the time off from work since I'm ALREADY gonna be taking time off to see Shinedown next month and then Nickelback twice in April....LOL!!!

ShinedownPicks

Fri, 02/06/2009 - 13:32

The Rosemont Show is a LOT closer for me, but falls on a Thursday which would require taking time off work. Ill drive a little farther for a Sunday show. Nice! I want to go see Shinedown more, but my finances say otherwise. :P

Yes, the weekday dates are the problem for me. And, as I work for the IRS, I don't think they're gonna take too kindly to me asking for the time off for the two I'm going to right in the middle of what we call crunch time since it's so close to April 15th....LOL!! Ah well, I'm gonna go anyway and if they wanna fire me, then so be it!LOL!! I'd like to see Shinedown more too so I was soooooo happy when I saw a KC date!! And damn the tix were cheap!!! DIRT cheap!!! Can't wait!!

ShinedownPicks

Fri, 02/06/2009 - 15:11

You aren't kidding there! 30 bucks a ticket IS dirt cheap compared to my 93.50 Crue tix. Unreal. GL not getting fired! lol

My Shinedown tix were only $12.64 each....wonder why they're more elsewhere....weird!! Thanks....LOL!!

ShinedownPicks

Fri, 02/06/2009 - 16:36

Whoa snap! Yeah that is like unbelievably cheap. Only tickets I have ever gotten that cheap were Wing Ding tickets. $10 a ticket and there are about 8-10+ bands there. Unreal!

Yeah I was shocked when I saw how cheap they are and they're GA floor at that!!! I don't think I've EVER gotten tickets for ANYTHING that cheap!! My Nickelback tix were like $65 each. I remember my first NB tix I bought back in '06 were only $39 each....shame the prices have to raise so damned high!!

ShinedownPicks

Fri, 02/06/2009 - 17:50

No joke there! You can barely go to the movies for that much! And actually, the concert is cheaper once you figure in drinks and popcorn. Yeah my NB tickets were 50-55 each, but I bought 5 $10 TM gift certificates for $5 each so I saved 25 on each ticket. I think this SD concert may be my cheapest, well besides Wing Ding, but that is almost unbeatable

That ain't no lie...which is why I never go to the movies anymore....LOL! Oh wow, I didn't know about the TM gift certificates...they surely woud've come in handy!!!LOL!! Well, I'll know for next time, I guess!!LOL!!

i remember when tickets were cheap lol back when i saw nickelback in '04 they were 40 and i saw four bands for that price lol now this time it was 65 and this time its only 3 bands. ive gotten a few good deals on concerts thou the free ones Saliva over the summer and in may got to see for theory of a deadman for free cant wait for the square to come back this yr and maybe ill luck out with the friendship festival again

Free is DEFINITELY good!!LOL!!! Only free show I ever went to was when I won tickets to see Chevelle...LOL!! Oh yeah and I DID get free tix to see NB in California back in 2005. And then somehow got myself on the guest list for the 2nd show....LOL!!

ShinedownPicks

Mon, 02/09/2009 - 08:25

Guest list? That is sweet. I won tickets last October I believe it was for Staind, Seether, Papa Roach, and Red. Well actually, I won 6 tickets, 3 pair, 3 nights in a row. That was cool, and Papa Roach stole the show in my opinion. Only tix I have won so far.

Yeah....this was at a resort/spa and there is a bar there....well, I met the bass tech in the bar and he took my name down and got me on his guest list...it was soooo cool!!! Yeah the Chevelle tix are the only tix I've ever won...LOL!!! I DID go to another free show that I had forgotten about...Big & Rich..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

ShinedownPicks

Mon, 02/09/2009 - 13:25

That is awesome. Im going to hang out after the Motley Crue show on Sunday and see if I can meet any of the bands when they are done. Rockford is pretty small, and you can see the buses sitting right across the street. Bound to meet the opening band at least! Haha. Maybe I can meet someone else of some importance. I want to be on a guest list! lol

I hope you DO get to meet them!! I think by the buses is the best way because it's less formal, more relaxed, and you tend to get more time with them....LOL!! Good luck!!!

good luck meeting the bands it is great when you go by the buses cause usaully there arnt alot of ppl that stay and so you really get to talk to the band ive met quite a few that way.

ShinedownPicks

Mon, 02/09/2009 - 19:46

Cool. I am going to do that for Shinedown. But I dont need to do that for Motley Crue. I just won 2 Tickets to the Motley Crue, Hinder, Theory of a Deadman, The Last Vegas concert, PLUS Meet & Greets with The Last Vegas, Theory, and Hinder. Oh man I cannot believe I just won that!!!!

[quote="shiner4life"]Cool. I am going to do that for Shinedown. But I dont need to do that for Motley Crue. I just won 2 Tickets to the Motley Crue, Hinder, Theory of a Deadman, The Last Vegas concert, PLUS Meet & Greets with The Last Vegas, Theory, and Hinder. Oh man I cannot believe I just won that!!!![/quote]

that is so cool ive met hinder and theory both bands are full of great guys. when i met hinder it was pre lips of an angel so nobody knew them and it was great cause i really got to talk with them. theory was great cause i met them outside of their tour bus in the middle of winter it was freezing cold and they werent even supposed to come out and they did anyhow lol

ShinedownPicks

Tue, 02/10/2009 - 08:17

Thats awesome. Glad to hear that :) I didnt expect them to be jerks though. I have met Hinder once before, on their Door to Dorm tour through MadPackers. They were awesome. All took a second or 2 to say hey, shake your hand, sign a poster, then on to the next. Never met Theory, so I'm excited about that. I love them too. I have GA tickets to this concert, which is going to be a pain to get up front, but Im hoping they will let me just stay in the venue after all of them and go right to the floor. THAT would be just as awesome.

[quote="shiner4life"]Cool. I am going to do that for Shinedown. But I dont need to do that for Motley Crue. I just won 2 Tickets to the Motley Crue, Hinder, Theory of a Deadman, The Last Vegas concert, PLUS Meet & Greets with The Last Vegas, Theory, and Hinder. Oh man I cannot believe I just won that!!!![/quote]

Hey, that's AWESOME!! Congratulations!!! I've seen both bands before and they're both awesome! Never had the pleasure to meet them though. Maybe someday!

ShinedownPicks

Tue, 02/10/2009 - 14:01

This will be my 3rd time seeing Hinder, and my 2nd time seeing Theory. I'm pumped. I couldn't even sleep last night I was still in awe

I won Alter Bridge tickets which also came with a soundcheck meet and greet....

Only problem was I wasn't in when they called and only checked my voicemail after the gig. :x

[quote="alexh"]I won Alter Bridge tickets which also came with a soundcheck meet and greet....

Only problem was I wasn't in when they called and only checked my voicemail after the gig. :x[/quote]

Oh that soooo sucks!!!! Bummer!!

Are there any other Nickelback fans here?? I ABSOLUTELY LOVE them!! I've been lucky enough to have met them twice...well, twice for all but the bassist....I've met him three times. I have Platinum VIP to the KC show in April and so I get to meet them again!! I'm sooooooo excited!! I can't wait!!!

comments

i though it was an avenue did it recently get made into a lane? lol.

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]lmao. nice. i wasn't sure where you were going with this one.[/quote]

Always to the same place: Comedy Lane.

lmao. nice. i wasn't sure where you were going with this one.

[quote="sdgirl"]haha i dont kiss and tell :P but Chad is my rock god haha saw them in Nov and they kicked ass[/quote]

So long as it wasn't yours... I mean, an embeded NIKE logo on the left cheek.. geeez..

[quote="dalamar"]Hey, SDgirl did it for me. She bumped that thing up! :)

btw, SDG, if you're a NBgirl, how can you also be also SD's? Mmmm?

Maybe you're kinda like me...

I'm a total..

... nah. not going there.

Yet.[/quote]

haha i dont kiss and tell :P but Chad is my rock god haha saw them in Nov and they kicked ass

better be safe dalamar. we shouldn't reaveal too much just yet. lol. jk

Hey, SDgirl did it for me. She bumped that thing up! :)

btw, SDG, if you're a NBgirl, how can you also be also SD's? Mmmm?

Maybe you're kinda like me...

I'm a total..

... nah. not going there.

Yet.

lmao nicely done dalamar. way to post on a recently bumped old thread lol. :)

Re: Nickelback

[quote="sdgirl"]I am a Nickelback Girl have a slight obsession with them haha they totally rock big time Chad is beautiful[/quote]

Wait, so am I and... oh, nvm...

*chuckles*

Way to bump an old post! :)

Re: Nickelback

[quote="devourmebrent"]Are there any other Nickelback fans here?? I ABSOLUTELY LOVE them!! I've been lucky enough to have met them twice...well, twice for all but the bassist....I've met him three times. I have Platinum VIP to the KC show in April and so I get to meet them again!! I'm sooooooo excited!! I can't wait!!![/quote]

I am a Nickelback Girl have a slight obsession with them haha they totally rock big time Chad is beautiful

I hope you DO get to meet them!! Yeah it costs waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much for the M&G which is really only a quick picture with them. I'd have never paid that much!!LOL!!

im defintely am going for the buses i cant afford to pay to meet them ive had good luck with other bands and ill finally have somebody that will stay after to meet them with me this time woohoo my 3rd nickelback concert and ill finally hopefully meet them just a few more weeks

Man, I still have til April til I see them!!ARRRGGGGG!! Yeah, no sh*t!! I was shocked when she said it was my Christmas present!! Can't hardly beat that!LOL! And then my nephew's friend works at the venue so I'm gonna see if he can get his friend to get us backstage passes or something. And then, we're gonna try the buses too....LOL!!

That's good to know then. I am going to see them in about a month so I will give that a shot. I need friends like yours, dang!

Me either but I have a great friend who bought me mine for Christmas! Otherwise, no f*cking way!!!LOL!! I'd rather take the chance of finding the buses....that way it's free....LOL!! If you do ever get to meet them, you will love them!! They're sooo nice and friendly and down to earth!!

That is sweet! They are one band I have yet to meet that I would loove to. I can't exactly afford the $300+ tickets though just to do so.

Cool!! Wonder if TOAD were tired or something....LOL!!! I've heard other people say they're really cool and nice. Wouldn't know myself as I've never met them before.....LOL!!

Little over a month to go til I get to meet Nickelback again!!! I can't wait!! It's gonna be sooo awesome!!

Well The Last Vegas and Hinder were very cool and down to earth, but I was a little disappointed with Theory of a Deadman. They kind of seemed like they would rather be someone else. I got some pictures and some nice things signed though, and the concert was amazing!!!

wow that does suck, bet u are always checking your voicemail now eh? lol

Thanks! Hopefully I will have some pictures to show everyone when I get back that night. Well Monday night, cuz Im going to be tired and have to work Monday morning. :P

[quote="shiner4life"][quote="alexh"]I won Alter Bridge tickets which also came with a soundcheck meet and greet....

Only problem was I wasn't in when they called and only checked my voicemail after the gig. :x[/quote]

Awww man that blows! They are supposed to call me with my info, so I will be checking my vm religiously, and if I dont hear from them by Saturday, Ill probably call them. Not missing this.[/quote]

I don't blame you!! I'd be calling too!! Good luck!!

[quote="alexh"]I won Alter Bridge tickets which also came with a soundcheck meet and greet....

Awww man that blows! They are supposed to call me with my info, so I will be checking my vm religiously, and if I dont hear from them by Saturday, Ill probably call them. Not missing this.

Oh that soooo sucks!!!! Bummer!!

I won Alter Bridge tickets which also came with a soundcheck meet and greet....

Only problem was I wasn't in when they called and only checked my voicemail after the gig. :x

This will be my 3rd time seeing Hinder, and my 2nd time seeing Theory. I'm pumped. I couldn't even sleep last night I was still in awe

Hey, that's AWESOME!! Congratulations!!! I've seen both bands before and they're both awesome! Never had the pleasure to meet them though. Maybe someday!

Thats awesome. Glad to hear that :) I didnt expect them to be jerks though. I have met Hinder once before, on their Door to Dorm tour through MadPackers. They were awesome. All took a second or 2 to say hey, shake your hand, sign a poster, then on to the next. Never met Theory, so I'm excited about that. I love them too. I have GA tickets to this concert, which is going to be a pain to get up front, but Im hoping they will let me just stay in the venue after all of them and go right to the floor. THAT would be just as awesome.

that is so cool ive met hinder and theory both bands are full of great guys. when i met hinder it was pre lips of an angel so nobody knew them and it was great cause i really got to talk with them. theory was great cause i met them outside of their tour bus in the middle of winter it was freezing cold and they werent even supposed to come out and they did anyhow lol

Cool. I am going to do that for Shinedown. But I dont need to do that for Motley Crue. I just won 2 Tickets to the Motley Crue, Hinder, Theory of a Deadman, The Last Vegas concert, PLUS Meet & Greets with The Last Vegas, Theory, and Hinder. Oh man I cannot believe I just won that!!!!

good luck meeting the bands it is great when you go by the buses cause usaully there arnt alot of ppl that stay and so you really get to talk to the band ive met quite a few that way.

I hope you DO get to meet them!! I think by the buses is the best way because it's less formal, more relaxed, and you tend to get more time with them....LOL!! Good luck!!!

That is awesome. Im going to hang out after the Motley Crue show on Sunday and see if I can meet any of the bands when they are done. Rockford is pretty small, and you can see the buses sitting right across the street. Bound to meet the opening band at least! Haha. Maybe I can meet someone else of some importance. I want to be on a guest list! lol

Yeah....this was at a resort/spa and there is a bar there....well, I met the bass tech in the bar and he took my name down and got me on his guest list...it was soooo cool!!! Yeah the Chevelle tix are the only tix I've ever won...LOL!!! I DID go to another free show that I had forgotten about...Big & Rich..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest list? That is sweet. I won tickets last October I believe it was for Staind, Seether, Papa Roach, and Red. Well actually, I won 6 tickets, 3 pair, 3 nights in a row. That was cool, and Papa Roach stole the show in my opinion. Only tix I have won so far.

Free is DEFINITELY good!!LOL!!! Only free show I ever went to was when I won tickets to see Chevelle...LOL!! Oh yeah and I DID get free tix to see NB in California back in 2005. And then somehow got myself on the guest list for the 2nd show....LOL!!

i remember when tickets were cheap lol back when i saw nickelback in '04 they were 40 and i saw four bands for that price lol now this time it was 65 and this time its only 3 bands. ive gotten a few good deals on concerts thou the free ones Saliva over the summer and in may got to see for theory of a deadman for free cant wait for the square to come back this yr and maybe ill luck out with the friendship festival again

That ain't no lie...which is why I never go to the movies anymore....LOL! Oh wow, I didn't know about the TM gift certificates...they surely woud've come in handy!!!LOL!! Well, I'll know for next time, I guess!!LOL!!

No joke there! You can barely go to the movies for that much! And actually, the concert is cheaper once you figure in drinks and popcorn. Yeah my NB tickets were 50-55 each, but I bought 5 $10 TM gift certificates for $5 each so I saved 25 on each ticket. I think this SD concert may be my cheapest, well besides Wing Ding, but that is almost unbeatable

Yeah I was shocked when I saw how cheap they are and they're GA floor at that!!! I don't think I've EVER gotten tickets for ANYTHING that cheap!! My Nickelback tix were like $65 each. I remember my first NB tix I bought back in '06 were only $39 each....shame the prices have to raise so damned high!!

Whoa snap! Yeah that is like unbelievably cheap. Only tickets I have ever gotten that cheap were Wing Ding tickets. $10 a ticket and there are about 8-10+ bands there. Unreal!

My Shinedown tix were only $12.64 each....wonder why they're more elsewhere....weird!! Thanks....LOL!!

You aren't kidding there! 30 bucks a ticket IS dirt cheap compared to my 93.50 Crue tix. Unreal. GL not getting fired! lol

Yes, the weekday dates are the problem for me. And, as I work for the IRS, I don't think they're gonna take too kindly to me asking for the time off for the two I'm going to right in the middle of what we call crunch time since it's so close to April 15th....LOL!! Ah well, I'm gonna go anyway and if they wanna fire me, then so be it!LOL!! I'd like to see Shinedown more too so I was soooooo happy when I saw a KC date!! And damn the tix were cheap!!! DIRT cheap!!! Can't wait!!

The Rosemont Show is a LOT closer for me, but falls on a Thursday which would require taking time off work. Ill drive a little farther for a Sunday show. Nice! I want to go see Shinedown more, but my finances say otherwise. :P

I wish I could go to the Moline show....it's not so very far away....just don't think I can get the time off from work since I'm ALREADY gonna be taking time off to see Shinedown next month and then Nickelback twice in April....LOL!!!

I enjoy Nickelback as well. I will be seeing them with Seether and Saving Abel March 15th in Moline, IL. Should be a sweet show. All of theirs always are!

i love Nickelback alot going to my third concert of theirs and maybe ill finally meet them own every album along with the live at home dvd and the videos dvd lol i wont go into the posters, and band t-shirt. great great band
oh and i have to agree with everybody that doesnt like coldplay and radiohead

same here don't like them either but nickleback is good.

I like you!!!LOL!!! Um yes, that is beyond my understanding too as I don't care for either band.

[quote="devourmebrent"]Oh their new CD is AWESOME!!! In a dirty kinda way... :lol: :lol: :lol: It's got some really great hard rockers on it as well as the obligatory ballad or two. But...it's the ballads that sell records, I guess. Thank God there's more rockers than ballads though I DO like the ballads on there. I love EVERY song on the CD!!! Now, take the previous effort, All The Right Reasons.....there was a phenomenal record!!! HOWEVER, there IS one song on it that I can only bring myself to like and not love and that is Someone That You're With. Used to be, I had to skip over it but now I can listen to it...just not all that fond of it....LOL!!! I thank you for your honesty and for doing it in a way where you didn't dis the band nor me or any other fan! That's how it SHOULD be done. Thank you again![/quote]

Hey, I own All The Right Reason and Silver Side Up. I'd like to think I was honest and informed. There are many Nickleback fans out there and I understand why. I'm just not one of them :wink:

And I wouldn't attack on something as subjective as taste. There are people who actually like Cold Play and Radiohead for reasons past my limited understanding... and yet, I remain calm and composed.. *ahem* =)

Oh their new CD is AWESOME!!! In a dirty kinda way... :lol: :lol: :lol: It's got some really great hard rockers on it as well as the obligatory ballad or two. But...it's the ballads that sell records, I guess. Thank God there's more rockers than ballads though I DO like the ballads on there. I love EVERY song on the CD!!! Now, take the previous effort, All The Right Reasons.....there was a phenomenal record!!! HOWEVER, there IS one song on it that I can only bring myself to like and not love and that is Someone That You're With. Used to be, I had to skip over it but now I can listen to it...just not all that fond of it....LOL!!! I thank you for your honesty and for doing it in a way where you didn't dis the band nor me or any other fan! That's how it SHOULD be done. Thank you again!

Like'em... Not utterly fan-like.
I didn't even bother buying their last.

I just get saturated too fast with them. I feel each album is more of the same... even if I usually get to enjoy it somewhat.