Forum category
Is pro
No

1. Shinedown
2. The Offspring
3. Metallica

randomsunkist17

Thu, 04/29/2010 - 09:00

Shinedown has to be first. Queen would probably be next and then it's a tie for third between Josh Groban and David Bowie.

My list changes all the time though. But it's generally in the rock and classical genres.

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 04/29/2010 - 15:16

pretty cool lists there for everyone. mine would be....
SHINEDOWN (no brainer)
Alter Bridge
Disturbed

but this changes regularly except for the number one spot it's permanently SHINEDOWN.

1. SD (the title of the post should be top 3 AFTER Shinedown)
2. Within Temptation (this awesome Dutch gothic rock band, who blows Evanescence outta the water and the only band who can knock out my SD cd from my car)
3. Pink Floyd

my 3 favorite bands are
Shinedown
3 Doors Down
Black Stone Cherry
I love them all just the same, i couldn't choose wich one i love most. :D

classicgirl821

Sun, 05/02/2010 - 09:29

[color=darkblue]Top three I [u]listen[/u] to:

SHINEDOWN...BLUE OCTOBER...CHEVELLE

I hate to not mention Rush and Pink Floyd...two of my all time favorites that I would have to have on a desert island.[/color]

EDodgeCayman

Tue, 05/04/2010 - 22:22

1. Shinedown (of course)
2. Avenged Sevenfold
3. Sick Puppies

There is like 4 other bands that are tied for 3rd, like Alice In Chains, Five Finger Death Punch, Seether and John Mayer(If you can call him a "band")
:roll: :D

classicgirl821

Fri, 05/07/2010 - 09:32

[quote="edodgecayman"]Alice In Chains, Five Finger Death Punch, Seether and John Mayer[/quote] :o

Hmmm. One of these things is not like the other.
I hate to be a basher of anyone (ahem, johnmayerisadouche) so I won't say anything else.

EDodgeCayman

Fri, 05/07/2010 - 09:47

Haha, I understand. His music just has something to it that I like. And zach loves John Mayer too!

classicgirl821

Fri, 05/07/2010 - 09:50

[color=darkblue] :D Yeah. I really can't say anything about his music because I don't listen to it. I suppose he has some talent. As a person, he seems like a real jerk. I don't like that. Brent likes Lady Gaga, but that doesn't make me like her any more than not at all. [/color]

EDodgeCayman

Fri, 05/07/2010 - 10:00

Yea I really don't like Lady Gaga at all either, :?
But John Mayer certainly does have talent, I don't know so much about him as a person. I probably wouldn't be so obsessed with shinedown if the guys weren't so darn friendly and fan oriented, I really like that about them.

bobbette78

Fri, 05/07/2010 - 22:09

Abby I've just recently heard some of Within Temptation and they are incredible!

Right now my top 3 are:
Shinedown
Daughtry
Linkin Park

d_eicholz

Sat, 05/08/2010 - 00:34

Well i try to keep mixing it up. But i suppose my 3 right now are

1. Shinedown
2. Sick Puppies
3. Nickelback

(lol, in case u didn't notice, i'm pretty excited for the 24th)

bobbette78

Sat, 05/08/2010 - 01:06

LOL - that works out pretty well for you, huh? Enjoy your show!! :D

@Bobbette: Awesome! So glad you like them. I have found that trying to get some of their CDs here in the states is tough, but amazon has done a great job getting them in for me. And every CD is completely different. And the live and acoustic dvds/cds they do are just breathtaking.

@d_eicholz that's awesome to actually have your top 3 bands together and see them at a show. You are a very lucky person. Btw...did you ever that the lithograph or whatever from that contest?

ShinedownChica

Sun, 05/09/2010 - 13:45

1. Shinedown
2. Papa Roach
3. Seether

d_eicholz

Sun, 05/09/2010 - 15:12

[quote="aromaine"]@d_eicholz that's awesome to actually have your top 3 bands together and see them at a show. You are a very lucky person. Btw...did you ever that the lithograph or whatever from that contest?[/quote]

haha yeah. i kind of focus my music listening on which concert i'm going to next so that had a slight effect but i still love all 4 bands so i'm super excited.

and yes i did! been really busy and totally forgot to put up a pic of it but i promise i will in the next few days

AllAmericanDan1

Tue, 10/26/2010 - 22:39

Rush
Shinedown
and errr...
Bruce Springsteen, Pearl Jam, Flogging Molly, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, DMB...I could go on for, like, ever

d_eicholz

Wed, 10/27/2010 - 02:27

Mine updated are:

Atom Smash
SueCity
Stone Sour

Shinedown

Metallica

Avenged Sevenfold/Theory of a Deadman

classicgirl821

Tue, 11/02/2010 - 22:07

[quote="allamericandan1"]Rush
[/quote]

[color=darkblue]Oh Rush!! My hub and I just drove from Texas to Denver to see Rush at Red Rocks. Super cool! I <3 Rush! Definitely one of my all-time-super-favorite bands.[/color]

inked4life

Tue, 11/02/2010 - 22:36

Not to cause any trouble but one time somewhere I was reading stuff on shinedown and someone had said that Barry Kerch is quite possibly even better of a drummer than Neil peart. Your thoughts?

See, I saw the documentary on Rush "Beyond the lighted stage" and what I learned from that makes me think that it's very unlikely anyone is better than Neil Peart. The fact that he analyzes and practices as much as he does and has just blew me away. But that's just my 2 cents.

AllAmericanDan1

Wed, 11/03/2010 - 11:38

[quote="inked_4_life"]Not to cause any trouble but one time somewhere I was reading stuff on shinedown and someone had said that Barry Kerch is quite possibly even better of a drummer than Neil peart. Your thoughts?[/quote]

Barry is a very competent and skilled drummer but to compare him to Neil Peart is ridiculous and unfair. Peart is quite possibly (and definitely in my opinion) is the greatest drummer in the history of rock music. I've gone to a couple of Rush shows and at his age his drum solos are intense and nothing short of amazing. He is someone who can create a mood, an atmosphere by himself. He is truly a student of his craft, having studied under a famous jazz drum legend, whose name escapes me at this moment, showing that even he, a rock legend, can still improve and attempt to perfect his craft.

Barry isn't asked to be that kind of drummer, he isn't given a drum solo live (something I wish they would) and while I don't question Barry's abilities, he doesn't come up with the complex fills and fast drum beats that Peart does now or back in his earlier days. Though its unfair to compare them because Barry simply isn't asked to do that, and Shinedown records more ballads than Rush, and Rush definitely has more "epic songs" (songs that last more than 7 minutes) which are songs that tend to showcase the techical talents of the instrumentalists than the radio friendly timed songs.

I don't know who would say Barry is better than Neil Peart, but they need to stop ingesting that much Shinedown Kool-Aid. Barry's a great guy, but he's no Neil Peart, and it's not fair to compare the two.

inked4life

Wed, 11/03/2010 - 23:36

True about the showcasing of talents. It has been said that the guys have tried to encourage Barry to play a solo before, but he always declines the chance. I was like what? Barry vs. Neil? Is that even a competition?

crueangel

Fri, 11/05/2010 - 01:32

My list USED to be-
Motley Crue
Godsmack
Disturbed

THEN Stone Sour came along and knocked Disturbed to #4 because SS seriously kicked Disturbed's butts on the Music as a Weapon III tour.

THEN my best friend got me hooked on Shinedown, adn I was amazed by Brent's voice.

NOW after seeing all of my faves in concert, it is-
Motley Crue (been a Cruehead since '82... they're a hard habit to break!LOL)
Shinedown and Stone Sour are tied for second, because I just don't think either band could give a bad performance or make a bad album.

Then it's Godsmack and Disturbed at #3 and #4 because I was less than thrilled both times I saw Disturbed live, and Godsmack's last album didn't seem to have the same fire as IV, but they still put on a good show.

Hmmm, is anyone else confused, b/c I think I confused myself! LMAO

inked4life

Sat, 11/06/2010 - 00:57

Shinedown
Three Days Grace
And I cycle through a bunch of others

rockerbutterfly

Wed, 12/01/2010 - 00:48

Shinedown
Three days grace
Hinder and stone sour tie due to hometown loyalty. I would love to see all 4 together.

crueangel

Wed, 12/01/2010 - 18:26

I know I listed my faves here before, but I definitely have to say that Shinedown has risen to the top of my list. Now it's-

1. Shinedown
2. Stone Sour

and that's about it right now! But I am a woman- give me a minute or two- it'll change... except for Shinedown. I now have 3 copies of TSOM- the Limited Fan Cub Ed., the original version, and now the Deluxe Fan Club Ed. I think I'm a Shinedown junkie... YAY!!!! :lol:

amaryllis97

Thu, 12/02/2010 - 18:07

1.Shinedown

2.Shinedown

3.Shinedown

I am obssesed with Shinedown as you can see lol

1- Shinedown (duh)
2- Spencer Bell
3- 100 Monkeys

comments

[color=green]Shinedown
Simple Plan
My Chemical Romance :D[/color]

[quote="kristena"]1.Shinedown

2.Shinedown

3.Shinedown

I am obssesed with Shinedown as you can see lol[/quote]

I am getting there myself! As I said in my last post- I have all three versions of SOM, and all three are loaded on my MP3 player. And I have barely listened to ANYONE else since I saw them for my B-Day in Nov. I have watched the new DVD three or four times already- and going to watch it again tonight. These four men are a magical combination!

1.Shinedown

2.Shinedown

3.Shinedown

I am obssesed with Shinedown as you can see lol

I know I listed my faves here before, but I definitely have to say that Shinedown has risen to the top of my list. Now it's-

1. Shinedown
2. Stone Sour

and that's about it right now! But I am a woman- give me a minute or two- it'll change... except for Shinedown. I now have 3 copies of TSOM- the Limited Fan Cub Ed., the original version, and now the Deluxe Fan Club Ed. I think I'm a Shinedown junkie... YAY!!!! :lol:

Shinedown
Three days grace
Hinder and stone sour tie due to hometown loyalty. I would love to see all 4 together.

Shinedown
Three Days Grace
And I cycle through a bunch of others

My list USED to be-
Motley Crue
Godsmack
Disturbed

THEN Stone Sour came along and knocked Disturbed to #4 because SS seriously kicked Disturbed's butts on the Music as a Weapon III tour.

THEN my best friend got me hooked on Shinedown, adn I was amazed by Brent's voice.

NOW after seeing all of my faves in concert, it is-
Motley Crue (been a Cruehead since '82... they're a hard habit to break!LOL)
Shinedown and Stone Sour are tied for second, because I just don't think either band could give a bad performance or make a bad album.

Then it's Godsmack and Disturbed at #3 and #4 because I was less than thrilled both times I saw Disturbed live, and Godsmack's last album didn't seem to have the same fire as IV, but they still put on a good show.

Hmmm, is anyone else confused, b/c I think I confused myself! LMAO

True about the showcasing of talents. It has been said that the guys have tried to encourage Barry to play a solo before, but he always declines the chance. I was like what? Barry vs. Neil? Is that even a competition?

[quote="inked_4_life"]Not to cause any trouble but one time somewhere I was reading stuff on shinedown and someone had said that Barry Kerch is quite possibly even better of a drummer than Neil peart. Your thoughts?[/quote]

Barry is a very competent and skilled drummer but to compare him to Neil Peart is ridiculous and unfair. Peart is quite possibly (and definitely in my opinion) is the greatest drummer in the history of rock music. I've gone to a couple of Rush shows and at his age his drum solos are intense and nothing short of amazing. He is someone who can create a mood, an atmosphere by himself. He is truly a student of his craft, having studied under a famous jazz drum legend, whose name escapes me at this moment, showing that even he, a rock legend, can still improve and attempt to perfect his craft.

Barry isn't asked to be that kind of drummer, he isn't given a drum solo live (something I wish they would) and while I don't question Barry's abilities, he doesn't come up with the complex fills and fast drum beats that Peart does now or back in his earlier days. Though its unfair to compare them because Barry simply isn't asked to do that, and Shinedown records more ballads than Rush, and Rush definitely has more "epic songs" (songs that last more than 7 minutes) which are songs that tend to showcase the techical talents of the instrumentalists than the radio friendly timed songs.

I don't know who would say Barry is better than Neil Peart, but they need to stop ingesting that much Shinedown Kool-Aid. Barry's a great guy, but he's no Neil Peart, and it's not fair to compare the two.

See, I saw the documentary on Rush "Beyond the lighted stage" and what I learned from that makes me think that it's very unlikely anyone is better than Neil Peart. The fact that he analyzes and practices as much as he does and has just blew me away. But that's just my 2 cents.

Not to cause any trouble but one time somewhere I was reading stuff on shinedown and someone had said that Barry Kerch is quite possibly even better of a drummer than Neil peart. Your thoughts?

[quote="allamericandan1"]Rush
[/quote]

[color=darkblue]Oh Rush!! My hub and I just drove from Texas to Denver to see Rush at Red Rocks. Super cool! I <3 Rush! Definitely one of my all-time-super-favorite bands.[/color]

Shinedown

Metallica

Avenged Sevenfold/Theory of a Deadman

Mine updated are:

Atom Smash
SueCity
Stone Sour

Rush
Shinedown
and errr...
Bruce Springsteen, Pearl Jam, Flogging Molly, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, DMB...I could go on for, like, ever

[quote="aromaine"]@d_eicholz that's awesome to actually have your top 3 bands together and see them at a show. You are a very lucky person. Btw...did you ever that the lithograph or whatever from that contest?[/quote]

haha yeah. i kind of focus my music listening on which concert i'm going to next so that had a slight effect but i still love all 4 bands so i'm super excited.

and yes i did! been really busy and totally forgot to put up a pic of it but i promise i will in the next few days

1. Shinedown
2. Papa Roach
3. Seether

@Bobbette: Awesome! So glad you like them. I have found that trying to get some of their CDs here in the states is tough, but amazon has done a great job getting them in for me. And every CD is completely different. And the live and acoustic dvds/cds they do are just breathtaking.

@d_eicholz that's awesome to actually have your top 3 bands together and see them at a show. You are a very lucky person. Btw...did you ever that the lithograph or whatever from that contest?

LOL - that works out pretty well for you, huh? Enjoy your show!! :D

Well i try to keep mixing it up. But i suppose my 3 right now are

1. Shinedown
2. Sick Puppies
3. Nickelback

(lol, in case u didn't notice, i'm pretty excited for the 24th)

Abby I've just recently heard some of Within Temptation and they are incredible!

Right now my top 3 are:
Shinedown
Daughtry
Linkin Park

Yea I really don't like Lady Gaga at all either, :?
But John Mayer certainly does have talent, I don't know so much about him as a person. I probably wouldn't be so obsessed with shinedown if the guys weren't so darn friendly and fan oriented, I really like that about them.

[color=darkblue] :D Yeah. I really can't say anything about his music because I don't listen to it. I suppose he has some talent. As a person, he seems like a real jerk. I don't like that. Brent likes Lady Gaga, but that doesn't make me like her any more than not at all. [/color]

Haha, I understand. His music just has something to it that I like. And zach loves John Mayer too!

[quote="edodgecayman"]Alice In Chains, Five Finger Death Punch, Seether and John Mayer[/quote] :o

Hmmm. One of these things is not like the other.
I hate to be a basher of anyone (ahem, johnmayerisadouche) so I won't say anything else.

1. Shinedown (of course)
2. Avenged Sevenfold
3. Sick Puppies

There is like 4 other bands that are tied for 3rd, like Alice In Chains, Five Finger Death Punch, Seether and John Mayer(If you can call him a "band")
:roll: :D

[color=darkblue]Top three I [u]listen[/u] to:

SHINEDOWN...BLUE OCTOBER...CHEVELLE

I hate to not mention Rush and Pink Floyd...two of my all time favorites that I would have to have on a desert island.[/color]

my 3 favorite bands are
Shinedown
3 Doors Down
Black Stone Cherry
I love them all just the same, i couldn't choose wich one i love most. :D

1. SD (the title of the post should be top 3 AFTER Shinedown)
2. Within Temptation (this awesome Dutch gothic rock band, who blows Evanescence outta the water and the only band who can knock out my SD cd from my car)
3. Pink Floyd

pretty cool lists there for everyone. mine would be....
SHINEDOWN (no brainer)
Alter Bridge
Disturbed

but this changes regularly except for the number one spot it's permanently SHINEDOWN.

Shinedown has to be first. Queen would probably be next and then it's a tie for third between Josh Groban and David Bowie.

My list changes all the time though. But it's generally in the rock and classical genres.

1. Shinedown
2. The Offspring
3. Metallica