My thoughts on Brent.

• My thoughts on Brent.
    jptheking

Anyone who knows me personally knows that if Brent were to write an autobiography, I would be the one buying the first copy. They all know I worship Brent and his music (of course, not in a creepy way.)

From my FB status -

"... also, the Sound of Madness Deluxe Edition is worth every penny. Check it out if you love good music. Also, Brent Smith is, and will always be my favorite musician of all time. He's a man that's impossible to discredit, no matter how hard you try. I'd encourage you all to look him up, you'll be blown away by how incredible his life has been (and that's just from what he WANTS us to know!"

I attempted to meet Brent at the Springfield, IL show on August 15th, 2010. I failed, and left with a heavy heart (but not before scheming with my friend as to how to get backstage!)

The next time they come around, I'll be the first to buy a meet and greet package. I would do it if it were a thousand dollars, and it's only what, 150?

I've also learned several Shinedown songs on guitar and vocals. In fact, the first song I ever played on stage was the acoustic version of Fly From The Inside. I think I've got his voice down quite well :-)

Of course, the crux of my point is that nobody will ever be able to replace Brent as a musician, and especially not as a person.

Thanks for the making all the great music, Brent, and I hope to meet you someday (or better yet, share a stage if I ever go on tour with my band!"

-

Zack Allgire
    Springfield IL

Submitted by jptheking on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Hey, I don't think it's difficult to meet the band. I met them all in Birmingham UK. they were all great. love them all!

callmeasaint

Sun, 12/26/2010 - 14:13

What I love about Brent is he is in every sense a rockstar..but also a real person.

In the 80's you had larger than life rockstars...David Lee Roth,Axl Rose and those types.

I think in the 90's music lost some of that showmanship. Guys fronting bands looked and acted like a guy you see in a bar. Now..it should always be about the music but part of going to a rock show is the spectacle and theater of a performance.

For me..Brent brought some of that 80's vibe back. On stage he is a performer and a showman. If he walked in behind you at a gas stage you'd probably crap your pants in excitement. for many of those late 90's rock bands you probably wouldn't even know the singer was behind you much less really care if you did.

But off stage he is humble and approachable and a real person.

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 12/27/2010 - 10:08

I definately agree with your post whole heartedly Brent is the most talented musician I have ever met. Aside from that he is one of deepest persons I have ever met as well. He is so influential and to have a conversation with him is amazing to me. I've had the absolute honor of meeting the whole band 3 times. Each time they've been nothing but awesome. They are all very down to earth and some of the nicest human beings you'll ever meet. Purchasing the meet and greet is definately worth every penny. I have paid for it three time and three time they have not dissapointed me at all. When I met Brent for the very first time in 2008 I was so nervous my wife was with me and as they started walking into the room where they had us backstage I was going crazy my heart just about busted out of my chest and my palms were sweating like crazy. Once I got closer in the line I calmed down and I was alright. I was meeting my heroes. Brent was the last one I met since he was the furthest one on the table. I knew I would forget alot of the things I wanted to say to the guys so I wrote down my words to them on white bandanas. I gave Brent his and he was very appreciative he put it in his pocket and told me he would read it later when he was on the bus. He saw my two tattoos that I had one being the Sd symbol and the other the four crows tattoo he was very impressed and told me how much it meant to him to see that. I shared with him how Shinedown meant the world to me and that his words inspired me every day. He thanked me for my "kind words" as he put it and shook my hand. I'll never forget the things I've learned from watching this band perform live and listening to their beautiful music.

I probably rambled on a bit too much on this post and I apologize for that. Whenever life hands me some tough situations I tend to immerse myself in music and in the Sd Nation. In a lot of ways I needed to be back on here more than I think I knew before today.

ShinedownChica

Mon, 12/27/2010 - 10:36

Brent's words inspire a lot of us.... I don't think I would have made it through without a few things: 1) a counselor 2) support groups 3) hearing the stories of Shinedown's songs and relating them to myself. it helped me cope and feel like I'm not alone. 4) you guys! no other place can you pay to be a part of a site and feel like you've just been accepted into a family. I love you guys! ♥

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 12/27/2010 - 10:46

that's very nice of you to say that about us Kristen. I love this family as well too.

ShinedownChica

Mon, 12/27/2010 - 10:47

This place is truely like a second home and it's just full of so much positive energy from some amazing people who love the best band ever :D

crueangel

Mon, 12/27/2010 - 19:44

I agree with everything everyone has said! This is such a positive place to come and chat- not at ALL like other boards I have bee a member of. And I believe a lot of that comes from the fact that Shinedown is such a positive influence. Their music touches us all, and that is what brings us together as a family! :)

erica881014

Mon, 12/27/2010 - 21:12

i also agree with all of you.this site is the friendliest.i haven't been lucky enough to meet the band yet but i don't think i would know what to say to any of them.they are all brilliant.but the next go round i am definitly purchasing the meet and greet tickets. i too immerse myself with shinedown's music to help me through plenty of situations.bad day,angry,feeling lonely or unimportant,or even forgotten,or just need to know you aren't alone.just turn on a shinedown playlist and it's all better.it comforts me to know there are people out there that understand, either the band or all you guys.

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 12/28/2010 - 08:32

[quote="siouxi"]Tonyyyy you're back. Glad to see you here again man. How are you doing?

hi rita yes i'm back. i'm doing great glad to be home again after a long time of being away. seems some have left but more have joined since I left.

ShinedownChica

Tue, 12/28/2010 - 18:08

I was thinking the same thing and I was only gone a month.... I felt so far behind.....

Anyone who knows me personally knows that if Brent were to write an autobiography, I would be the one buying the first copy. They all know I worship Brent and his music (of course, not in a creepy way.)

From my FB status -

"... also, the Sound of Madness Deluxe Edition is worth every penny. Check it out if you love good music. Also, Brent Smith is, and will always be my favorite musician of all time. He's a man that's impossible to discredit, no matter how hard you try. I'd encourage you all to look him up, you'll be blown away by how incredible his life has been (and that's just from what he WANTS us to know!"

I attempted to meet Brent at the Springfield, IL show on August 15th, 2010. I failed, and left with a heavy heart (but not before scheming with my friend as to how to get backstage!)

The next time they come around, I'll be the first to buy a meet and greet package. I would do it if it were a thousand dollars, and it's only what, 150?

I've also learned several Shinedown songs on guitar and vocals. In fact, the first song I ever played on stage was the acoustic version of Fly From The Inside. I think I've got his voice down quite well :-)

Of course, the crux of my point is that nobody will ever be able to replace Brent as a musician, and especially not as a person.

Thanks for the making all the great music, Brent, and I hope to meet you someday (or better yet, share a stage if I ever go on tour with my band!"

-

Zack Allgire
Springfield IL

comments

I was thinking the same thing and I was only gone a month.... I felt so far behind.....

[quote="siouxi"]Tonyyyy you're back. Glad to see you here again man. How are you doing?

hi rita yes i'm back. i'm doing great glad to be home again after a long time of being away. seems some have left but more have joined since I left.

i also agree with all of you.this site is the friendliest.i haven't been lucky enough to meet the band yet but i don't think i would know what to say to any of them.they are all brilliant.but the next go round i am definitly purchasing the meet and greet tickets. i too immerse myself with shinedown's music to help me through plenty of situations.bad day,angry,feeling lonely or unimportant,or even forgotten,or just need to know you aren't alone.just turn on a shinedown playlist and it's all better.it comforts me to know there are people out there that understand, either the band or all you guys.

I agree with everything everyone has said! This is such a positive place to come and chat- not at ALL like other boards I have bee a member of. And I believe a lot of that comes from the fact that Shinedown is such a positive influence. Their music touches us all, and that is what brings us together as a family! :)

Tonyyyy you're back. Glad to see you here again man. How are you doing?

[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a142/siouxi61/my%20album/bounce1.gif[…] [img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a142/siouxi61/my%20album/bounce1.gif[…] [img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a142/siouxi61/my%20album/bounce1.gif[…]

I agree with all of you, Brent is very gifted his lyrics got me through a lot too. :)

This place is truely like a second home and it's just full of so much positive energy from some amazing people who love the best band ever :D

that's very nice of you to say that about us Kristen. I love this family as well too.

Brent's words inspire a lot of us.... I don't think I would have made it through without a few things: 1) a counselor 2) support groups 3) hearing the stories of Shinedown's songs and relating them to myself. it helped me cope and feel like I'm not alone. 4) you guys! no other place can you pay to be a part of a site and feel like you've just been accepted into a family. I love you guys! ♥

I definately agree with your post whole heartedly Brent is the most talented musician I have ever met. Aside from that he is one of deepest persons I have ever met as well. He is so influential and to have a conversation with him is amazing to me. I've had the absolute honor of meeting the whole band 3 times. Each time they've been nothing but awesome. They are all very down to earth and some of the nicest human beings you'll ever meet. Purchasing the meet and greet is definately worth every penny. I have paid for it three time and three time they have not dissapointed me at all. When I met Brent for the very first time in 2008 I was so nervous my wife was with me and as they started walking into the room where they had us backstage I was going crazy my heart just about busted out of my chest and my palms were sweating like crazy. Once I got closer in the line I calmed down and I was alright. I was meeting my heroes. Brent was the last one I met since he was the furthest one on the table. I knew I would forget alot of the things I wanted to say to the guys so I wrote down my words to them on white bandanas. I gave Brent his and he was very appreciative he put it in his pocket and told me he would read it later when he was on the bus. He saw my two tattoos that I had one being the Sd symbol and the other the four crows tattoo he was very impressed and told me how much it meant to him to see that. I shared with him how Shinedown meant the world to me and that his words inspired me every day. He thanked me for my "kind words" as he put it and shook my hand. I'll never forget the things I've learned from watching this band perform live and listening to their beautiful music.

I probably rambled on a bit too much on this post and I apologize for that. Whenever life hands me some tough situations I tend to immerse myself in music and in the Sd Nation. In a lot of ways I needed to be back on here more than I think I knew before today.

What I love about Brent is he is in every sense a rockstar..but also a real person.

In the 80's you had larger than life rockstars...David Lee Roth,Axl Rose and those types.

I think in the 90's music lost some of that showmanship. Guys fronting bands looked and acted like a guy you see in a bar. Now..it should always be about the music but part of going to a rock show is the spectacle and theater of a performance.

For me..Brent brought some of that 80's vibe back. On stage he is a performer and a showman. If he walked in behind you at a gas stage you'd probably crap your pants in excitement. for many of those late 90's rock bands you probably wouldn't even know the singer was behind you much less really care if you did.

But off stage he is humble and approachable and a real person.

Hey, I don't think it's difficult to meet the band. I met them all in Birmingham UK. they were all great. love them all!