My response to the Gold VIP info email.

• My response to the Gold VIP info email.
    tsbucklen

I most certainly do have an issue with the fact that I am going to be stuck somewhere on the floor, fighting with a bunch of drunks, just to be able to see the band. I got into the same mess at a Nickelback concert last year, and it was miserable. First of all, do you really think all of the fans are somewhere between 15 and 30 years of age? NO, they are not. I am 51 and the lady coming with me is 54. Do we somehow not count because of our age? Secondly, I have a bad achilles tendon and do you have any idea how painful it is to stand that long in one place because you are afraid to lose your spot, while you are being shoved,stepped on, and having beer spilled all over you? Or once again does it not matter because of my age? Finally, regardless of my age, I think that VIP ticket holders ought to be treated better. We are the ones shelling out the big bucks for these concerts. We should have our own area right in front of the stage reserved just for us. A lot of bands could learn a very important lesson from Journey and All Access. They know how to treat their VIP ticket holders.
    Something else I wish I had added to the email, is that the letter I got when I joined the fan club said "Shinedown only has one boss... And it`s every single one of you." This "Boss" is not very happy right now.

Submitted by tsbucklen on
Forum category
Is pro
No

ShinedownChica

Mon, 08/02/2010 - 15:27

I'm sorry you're unhappy and wish they were doing something about it... a lot of people on here had similar complaints about the VIP tickets... and yes that does suck =(

but I see youre a first poster at least =) so welcome to the Nation, I'm Kristen. Even though you're not happy with your tickets, I'm sure you'll be happy chillin with all of us if you keep posting on here

tsbucklen

Mon, 08/02/2010 - 16:10

Kristen, I`ll be around because I really do love the band. I`ve just got to the age where I voice my opinion a lot more. LOL That Nickelback concert was truly miserable last year. Sandy and I finally had to leave before the concert was finished because we both were in pain. It just makes no sense to me to treat VIP ticket holders that way. I will not ever buy VIP tickets for Nickelback again if that`s how they continue to do their shows, and sadly I can say the same for Shinedown. I will buy the CD`s and other merchandise, but no more shelling out big money for tickets.

[quote="twilight123450"]I'm sorry you're unhappy and wish they were doing something about it... a lot of people on here had similar complaints about the VIP tickets... and yes that does suck =(

but I see youre a first poster at least =) so welcome to the Nation, I'm Kristen. Even though you're not happy with your tickets, I'm sure you'll be happy chillin with all of us if you keep posting on here[/quote] Hey Kristen ,it's Sandy, as you know I am not a first time poster. And I am the one that bought that other ticket with Suzette. As the higher ups in SHinedown should learn to have someone like All Access handling their M&G's. They put the ultimate fan up close and personal with their band. Its apparant that the promoters did not think this one out clearly. Shinedown is one of the greatest bands out today, and have been for quite a while now. I and I know Suzette does not want to come off being the ultimate bitch raggin about this. But as the Shinedown song goes What a Shame! As a member of Shinedown Nation we were all offered VIP perks. Yes we all paid to be on this site and yes I love it but to have paid such high dollar tickets, and to be put all the way to the back? I talked this morning to the lady that was over our concert and yea, the regular guy pays $39.95 for the ticket in GA and gets all the way up front. While us VIP people pay high dollar and get shoved to the back.I have for 2 years been waiting on this concert. I wanted to be up front so I could see Brent busting out those vocals that I have learned to love, not to talk about Zach playing the most awesome guitar riffs. And Barry banging the hell out of those drums and swinging those dreads. PLayin all the songs I love and listen to everyday. So yes I may get to meet them in a 1 or 2 minute so-called M&G and watch from afar. I love this band, but dam I am so disappointed. :( IF Shinedown wants to really treat their fans right? Hire All Access next time for your tours.

tsbucklen

Mon, 08/02/2010 - 17:57

I got a very prompt reply from Molly French and she was very nice. My reply was that I didn`t understand why this had to be an issue to begin with. How hard could it be to have the arena reserve a section up front for the VIP ticket holders? I also asked what they had against chairs. LOL I am just very frustrated and Sandy is right. I have to fight with people who paid less than $40.00 while we paid $152.00 per ticket. It makes no sense to me. This band means more to me than most people know, because they helped me get through a very traumatic experience back in January.

Hey Sandy!

It's that time again! We'll soon be sitting down with Shinedown for a quick Q & A session. The guys would like YOU to ask the questions. We’ll be collecting your questions and taking the best ones directly to the band to get their answers so give us your best! Hit us up at contests@shinedownnation.com with your questions. All submissions must be received by this Thursday, August 5th at 12 noon EST. Make sure to include your name and username in your email with your question!

Thanks for your continued support and GOOD LUCK!

Rock!
Shinedown Nation
www.shinedownnation.com Well they just posted this and I sent my Question in.Yeah I suppose everyone knows what I asked huh.....lol

Haha, don't worry, I did too. Well, more along the lines of are they aware of how unhappy it's making their fans.

[quote="aromaine"]Haha, don't worry, I did too. Well, more along the lines of are they aware of how unhappy it's making their fans.[/quote] Well Suzette told them how unhappy we were. And got a response from Molly French. I would like to have the job of handling Shinedown's PR. I know for a fact I can do better than putting their VIP's and Nation fans all the way to the back! I love this band I swear I do, but come on Brent!

tsbucklen

Mon, 08/02/2010 - 20:02

Well, I asked my question too. Three guesses what it was about.

[quote="tsbucklen"]Well, I asked my question too. Three guesses what it was about.[/quote] Does that mean I get to play Cleo on this?I know you wanna know do they all get massages before a show, right? Second question, do all your M&G's exist beyond 5 minutes?

I have a plan for the night of the concert it might get us up front on the rail!!!

ShinedownChica

Wed, 08/04/2010 - 21:41

good luck with your plan =)

[quote="twilight123450"]good luck with your plan =)[/quote] My plan twilight involved recruiting 2 more fans to the concert. Yeah seems that the Promoter of COM held the last 200 tickets for the window sales only.Ticketmaster would not sell them said promoter was holding them. Well by dam I got my recruits to go to Pikeville to the window and get them. So anyhow... my recruits only had to pay 37.95 for their tickets right? SO anyway they are going for the rail and holding me and suzette a spot after out meetngreet with them, afterwards they will keep the their phones on vibrate to we can find them and etch our way up front. I have got to see Brent Smith sing them songs and the power of his vocals and not to speak of Zach Eric and yess Barry. Wish me luck btw I still hear crickets on this board..... :idea:

ShinedownChica

Thu, 08/05/2010 - 22:35

that should work! tell me how it does =)

I most certainly do have an issue with the fact that I am going to be stuck somewhere on the floor, fighting with a bunch of drunks, just to be able to see the band. I got into the same mess at a Nickelback concert last year, and it was miserable. First of all, do you really think all of the fans are somewhere between 15 and 30 years of age? NO, they are not. I am 51 and the lady coming with me is 54. Do we somehow not count because of our age? Secondly, I have a bad achilles tendon and do you have any idea how painful it is to stand that long in one place because you are afraid to lose your spot, while you are being shoved,stepped on, and having beer spilled all over you? Or once again does it not matter because of my age? Finally, regardless of my age, I think that VIP ticket holders ought to be treated better. We are the ones shelling out the big bucks for these concerts. We should have our own area right in front of the stage reserved just for us. A lot of bands could learn a very important lesson from Journey and All Access. They know how to treat their VIP ticket holders.
Something else I wish I had added to the email, is that the letter I got when I joined the fan club said "Shinedown only has one boss... And it`s every single one of you." This "Boss" is not very happy right now.

comments

that should work! tell me how it does =)

[quote="twilight123450"]good luck with your plan =)[/quote] My plan twilight involved recruiting 2 more fans to the concert. Yeah seems that the Promoter of COM held the last 200 tickets for the window sales only.Ticketmaster would not sell them said promoter was holding them. Well by dam I got my recruits to go to Pikeville to the window and get them. So anyhow... my recruits only had to pay 37.95 for their tickets right? SO anyway they are going for the rail and holding me and suzette a spot after out meetngreet with them, afterwards they will keep the their phones on vibrate to we can find them and etch our way up front. I have got to see Brent Smith sing them songs and the power of his vocals and not to speak of Zach Eric and yess Barry. Wish me luck btw I still hear crickets on this board..... :idea:

good luck with your plan =)

I have a plan for the night of the concert it might get us up front on the rail!!!

[quote="tsbucklen"]Well, I asked my question too. Three guesses what it was about.[/quote] Does that mean I get to play Cleo on this?I know you wanna know do they all get massages before a show, right? Second question, do all your M&G's exist beyond 5 minutes?

Well, I asked my question too. Three guesses what it was about.

[quote="aromaine"]Haha, don't worry, I did too. Well, more along the lines of are they aware of how unhappy it's making their fans.[/quote] Well Suzette told them how unhappy we were. And got a response from Molly French. I would like to have the job of handling Shinedown's PR. I know for a fact I can do better than putting their VIP's and Nation fans all the way to the back! I love this band I swear I do, but come on Brent!

Haha, don't worry, I did too. Well, more along the lines of are they aware of how unhappy it's making their fans.

Hey Sandy!

It's that time again! We'll soon be sitting down with Shinedown for a quick Q & A session. The guys would like YOU to ask the questions. We’ll be collecting your questions and taking the best ones directly to the band to get their answers so give us your best! Hit us up at contests@shinedownnation.com with your questions. All submissions must be received by this Thursday, August 5th at 12 noon EST. Make sure to include your name and username in your email with your question!

Thanks for your continued support and GOOD LUCK!

Rock!
Shinedown Nation
www.shinedownnation.com Well they just posted this and I sent my Question in.Yeah I suppose everyone knows what I asked huh.....lol

I got a very prompt reply from Molly French and she was very nice. My reply was that I didn`t understand why this had to be an issue to begin with. How hard could it be to have the arena reserve a section up front for the VIP ticket holders? I also asked what they had against chairs. LOL I am just very frustrated and Sandy is right. I have to fight with people who paid less than $40.00 while we paid $152.00 per ticket. It makes no sense to me. This band means more to me than most people know, because they helped me get through a very traumatic experience back in January.

[quote="twilight123450"]I'm sorry you're unhappy and wish they were doing something about it... a lot of people on here had similar complaints about the VIP tickets... and yes that does suck =(

but I see youre a first poster at least =) so welcome to the Nation, I'm Kristen. Even though you're not happy with your tickets, I'm sure you'll be happy chillin with all of us if you keep posting on here[/quote] Hey Kristen ,it's Sandy, as you know I am not a first time poster. And I am the one that bought that other ticket with Suzette. As the higher ups in SHinedown should learn to have someone like All Access handling their M&G's. They put the ultimate fan up close and personal with their band. Its apparant that the promoters did not think this one out clearly. Shinedown is one of the greatest bands out today, and have been for quite a while now. I and I know Suzette does not want to come off being the ultimate bitch raggin about this. But as the Shinedown song goes What a Shame! As a member of Shinedown Nation we were all offered VIP perks. Yes we all paid to be on this site and yes I love it but to have paid such high dollar tickets, and to be put all the way to the back? I talked this morning to the lady that was over our concert and yea, the regular guy pays $39.95 for the ticket in GA and gets all the way up front. While us VIP people pay high dollar and get shoved to the back.I have for 2 years been waiting on this concert. I wanted to be up front so I could see Brent busting out those vocals that I have learned to love, not to talk about Zach playing the most awesome guitar riffs. And Barry banging the hell out of those drums and swinging those dreads. PLayin all the songs I love and listen to everyday. So yes I may get to meet them in a 1 or 2 minute so-called M&G and watch from afar. I love this band, but dam I am so disappointed. :( IF Shinedown wants to really treat their fans right? Hire All Access next time for your tours.

Kristen, I`ll be around because I really do love the band. I`ve just got to the age where I voice my opinion a lot more. LOL That Nickelback concert was truly miserable last year. Sandy and I finally had to leave before the concert was finished because we both were in pain. It just makes no sense to me to treat VIP ticket holders that way. I will not ever buy VIP tickets for Nickelback again if that`s how they continue to do their shows, and sadly I can say the same for Shinedown. I will buy the CD`s and other merchandise, but no more shelling out big money for tickets.

I'm sorry you're unhappy and wish they were doing something about it... a lot of people on here had similar complaints about the VIP tickets... and yes that does suck =(

but I see youre a first poster at least =) so welcome to the Nation, I'm Kristen. Even though you're not happy with your tickets, I'm sure you'll be happy chillin with all of us if you keep posting on here