My Published Sound Of Madness Album Review :)

• My Published Sound Of Madness Album Review :)
    solacematt

www.ragmagazine.com
    It's in the brand new July issue featured on the main page. You can download the issue in pdf format. My review of SOM is page 14 :D
    -matt

Submitted by solacematt on
Forum category
Is pro
No

synneraboveall

Tue, 07/01/2008 - 13:26

Hey I tried downloading the magazine and all I got was code shit...now words..nothing about the magazine.

...what was ur grade for it, it seemed you liked it though. i thought cry for help sounded aerosmithy also, definately heavier though.

theloudsilence

Tue, 07/01/2008 - 16:47

Very nice, I liked it. Very well written. Good Job.

romancerockstar

Wed, 07/02/2008 - 01:17

Nice - I enjoyed it. I, too, enjoy [i]Second Chance[/i] very much. I just can't seem to pick a "favorite"!

Thanks for sharing!

[quote="dewey"]...what was ur grade for it, it seemed you liked it though. i thought cry for help sounded aerosmithy also, definately heavier though.[/quote]

For me, on the first few days listening it wasn't one of those I like this album straight thru listens and I stay non-biased when I review a record or band's performance. I've given bands I really like bad/not so great reviews. Sometimes it's hard, but I do think this is Shinedown's best album yet.

shinedown_bound

Tue, 07/15/2008 - 06:25

I was at a private show in Atlanta last month and Brent said that with no disrespect to LAW & u&T, SOM is his favorite. He said that so many different changes occurred in his life in the 18 months they were making the record (Jasin, finding out he was going to be a father, etc.) & this record reflects that.

That is not a direct quote but that is basically what I remember him saying!

www.ragmagazine.com
It's in the brand new July issue featured on the main page. You can download the issue in pdf format. My review of SOM is page 14 :D
-matt

comments

I was at a private show in Atlanta last month and Brent said that with no disrespect to LAW & u&T, SOM is his favorite. He said that so many different changes occurred in his life in the 18 months they were making the record (Jasin, finding out he was going to be a father, etc.) & this record reflects that.

That is not a direct quote but that is basically what I remember him saying!

[quote="dewey"]...what was ur grade for it, it seemed you liked it though. i thought cry for help sounded aerosmithy also, definately heavier though.[/quote]

For me, on the first few days listening it wasn't one of those I like this album straight thru listens and I stay non-biased when I review a record or band's performance. I've given bands I really like bad/not so great reviews. Sometimes it's hard, but I do think this is Shinedown's best album yet.

Nice - I enjoyed it. I, too, enjoy [i]Second Chance[/i] very much. I just can't seem to pick a "favorite"!

Thanks for sharing!

Very nice, I liked it. Very well written. Good Job.

...what was ur grade for it, it seemed you liked it though. i thought cry for help sounded aerosmithy also, definately heavier though.

Hey I tried downloading the magazine and all I got was code shit...now words..nothing about the magazine.