My first meet and greet!! Woohoo!

• My first meet and greet!! Woohoo!
    amandam82

I am so excited, I got my very first pair of meet and greet passes for me and my husband! My husband said I deserve it, considering the first concert of theirs that I went to last year was cancelled due to weather :(. So I'm just a tad bit excited :)

So what can I expect from the meet and greet? i'm guessing that I won't get more than a few seconds to talk to each one of them, but I'm hoping to get a couple seconds just to tell them how much they mean to me.

Tell me about your experiences..I'm ready to get even more pumped up than I already am! :)

Submitted by amandam82 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Everyone's experience are different when meeting them. I've had the opportunity to meet them a couple of times. First off, congrats on getting the M&G tix as usually there is only a certain number of them available per city. I feel if I shared my experience, it would just be rambling, but I can give some advice or hints haha.

1) Get there ON TIME! I can't stress this enough. Jake has a list of names that he checks every minute someone walks by him ha. Once you're confirmed and get to say hey to Jake, he'll direct you to the line in which you will be with other members. People tend to bring them things like shirts, food, etc which is cool, but for this style of M&G they can't really hold things.

2) Once you file in, usually you're put in a U shape so the guys can come out and split into 2's and move down the line shaking hands and signing merchandise you bring (Sometimes they give out pictures to be signed).

3) They don't want you to ask for pictures as they are signing (At least with my experiences) as they save this for the end of the M&G which you can get with your group and the band.

4) A hint that I can give is try to sneak to the end of the line! Don't be #1 in line as there is 40 other people behind you waiting for the same thing. Try and slip to the back or walk slowly, this way you'll be the last to take pictures with them, possibly even strike up a group convo. I know this seems obvious, but many people try and talk at the beginning, which they enjoy, but there's just too many people to make this happen.

5) Have fun! Once you finish, they will file you in line to get early access to good spots before the general public can enter. I was able to get front row and cross it off my bucket list!

Hope this helps. If you can go on Ebay or online and find photos of them to be signed (8x10's, etc) that are rare or different, they may enjoy those and youd be handing them something they may not have seen before. I brought pictures that I took with them from back in 2009 and had them sign those, which they commented about how young they looked and the weight loss (Brent) just laughed. It was a good time.

Any other questions, feel free to respond and I'd love to hear others meetings. It's a great way to spend 30 minutes before a show and make your year.

Awesome advice :) If I ever get the honor to meet this INCREDIBLE band.
Thanks

I am so excited, I got my very first pair of meet and greet passes for me and my husband! My husband said I deserve it, considering the first concert of theirs that I went to last year was cancelled due to weather :(. So I'm just a tad bit excited :)

So what can I expect from the meet and greet? i'm guessing that I won't get more than a few seconds to talk to each one of them, but I'm hoping to get a couple seconds just to tell them how much they mean to me.

Tell me about your experiences..I'm ready to get even more pumped up than I already am! :)

comments

Awesome advice :) If I ever get the honor to meet this INCREDIBLE band.
Thanks

Everyone's experience are different when meeting them. I've had the opportunity to meet them a couple of times. First off, congrats on getting the M&G tix as usually there is only a certain number of them available per city. I feel if I shared my experience, it would just be rambling, but I can give some advice or hints haha.

1) Get there ON TIME! I can't stress this enough. Jake has a list of names that he checks every minute someone walks by him ha. Once you're confirmed and get to say hey to Jake, he'll direct you to the line in which you will be with other members. People tend to bring them things like shirts, food, etc which is cool, but for this style of M&G they can't really hold things.

2) Once you file in, usually you're put in a U shape so the guys can come out and split into 2's and move down the line shaking hands and signing merchandise you bring (Sometimes they give out pictures to be signed).

3) They don't want you to ask for pictures as they are signing (At least with my experiences) as they save this for the end of the M&G which you can get with your group and the band.

4) A hint that I can give is try to sneak to the end of the line! Don't be #1 in line as there is 40 other people behind you waiting for the same thing. Try and slip to the back or walk slowly, this way you'll be the last to take pictures with them, possibly even strike up a group convo. I know this seems obvious, but many people try and talk at the beginning, which they enjoy, but there's just too many people to make this happen.

5) Have fun! Once you finish, they will file you in line to get early access to good spots before the general public can enter. I was able to get front row and cross it off my bucket list!

Hope this helps. If you can go on Ebay or online and find photos of them to be signed (8x10's, etc) that are rare or different, they may enjoy those and youd be handing them something they may not have seen before. I brought pictures that I took with them from back in 2009 and had them sign those, which they commented about how young they looked and the weight loss (Brent) just laughed. It was a good time.

Any other questions, feel free to respond and I'd love to hear others meetings. It's a great way to spend 30 minutes before a show and make your year.