My fight song

• My fight song
    tessarakt

The Sound of Madness

Feb 8 my grandparents went to Puerto Rico for vacation. We saw them the 6th. By like the 9th or 10th Papa couldn't walk for not being able to breathe. They cut their trip short and came home. Went to the dr. Found a mass in his lung.

He just thought he was fighting a cold off when they left for PR.

He passed away peacefully yesterday afternoon, in his sleep, Mima, his high school sweetheart and wife of 58 yrs, by his side, most of his family with him, at home.

He went from perfectly fine to dead with cancer in both lungs, chest, neck and possibly throat in less than a month. Maybe more than that as quickly as it was progressing.

This week has been hell.

Everytime I've had to pick my ass up and get moving, I say, "OH MY HERE WE GO!" I blasted it while I cried on the drive home from visiting with him Wed night. It's been running through my head since I found out.

It's my, "ok time to stop feeling sorry for yourself and get up and fight" song.

F* CANCER!!!

Submitted by tessarakt on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Fonic_Hymnist

Sat, 03/05/2011 - 16:44

understand completely... same thing happened to my grandpa except my song was second chance

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. At least it seemed peaceful. Cancer can be awful, so it sounds like he was spared most of it.

crueangel

Sat, 03/05/2011 - 21:06

Jen, I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom to lung cancer in the late 90s, but it took just over a year.

{{{{{{{{BIG HUGS TO YOU}}}}}}}}

Don't forget, we're here if you need to vent.

Much love from FL!!

Sorry to hear about your loss!! :(

Hang in there and youre allowed a few days for yourself, don't think you're not. I hope everything goes well and let your Shinedown Family know if you need anything I'm sure we can find a way to help you out whether its an ear to listen to or a beer to have with you!

tessarakt

Sat, 03/05/2011 - 22:36

thanks everyone

that f cancer website looks awesome ... I want a shirt LOL

I'm a survivor myself of childhood lymphoma and papa had fought and survived before, so kind of a smack in the face

I wish I could sit down and have a beer, but man I've had so much beer and many tears the last couple days ... an dnot enough water or sleep! I've felt it today. Took about a 3 hr nap with connor this afternoon.

I'm about to go get me a piece of coconut pie and go to bed

I"m so sorry for your loss.
I know how you feel. My dad passed away 4 weeks ago. He had longue cancer too :cry:

tessarakt

Sun, 03/06/2011 - 09:40

[quote="siouxi"]I"m so sorry for your loss.
I know how you feel. My dad passed away 4 weeks ago. He had longue cancer too :cry:[/quote]

HUGS

Thank you. Hugs you back :)

That's interesting to note, my mom is battling non-hodgkins lymphoma herself. Glad to see you kicked its ass!

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 03/08/2011 - 13:22

I'm very sorry for the loss of your grandpa i'm glad that you've found your strength with shinedown. don't forget as it has already been mentioned that you should allow yourself time to heal.

tessarakt

Tue, 03/08/2011 - 22:14

we're all doing ok

just thanking god it was QUICK so he didn't suffer for long

tonight's mima's first night alone

she's had so many people in her house for so long i think she's actually looking forward to it

i just hope she has sense to call someone if she changes her mind

inked4life

Wed, 03/09/2011 - 01:16

Sorry for anyones losses. I lost both my uncle and a great church friend to cancer a while back. It hurt a lot to see them go. My friend from church was like an aunt to me, she watched me grow up and always took interest in whatever I was interested in. And my uncle was such a music head and pool player, I think that is where I got my interest in music and pool. But I will never have the amount of music he had. Tons and tons of records.

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 03/14/2011 - 11:24

cancer is a evil evil enemy i've seen it take several lives of the people around me some closer to me than others. keep on keeping your heads up everyone, we must keep fighting and knowing that no matter how dark it may seem there is always light up ahead.

The Sound of Madness

Feb 8 my grandparents went to Puerto Rico for vacation. We saw them the 6th. By like the 9th or 10th Papa couldn't walk for not being able to breathe. They cut their trip short and came home. Went to the dr. Found a mass in his lung.

He just thought he was fighting a cold off when they left for PR.

He passed away peacefully yesterday afternoon, in his sleep, Mima, his high school sweetheart and wife of 58 yrs, by his side, most of his family with him, at home.

He went from perfectly fine to dead with cancer in both lungs, chest, neck and possibly throat in less than a month. Maybe more than that as quickly as it was progressing.

This week has been hell.

Everytime I've had to pick my ass up and get moving, I say, "OH MY HERE WE GO!" I blasted it while I cried on the drive home from visiting with him Wed night. It's been running through my head since I found out.

It's my, "ok time to stop feeling sorry for yourself and get up and fight" song.

F* CANCER!!!

comments

cancer is a evil evil enemy i've seen it take several lives of the people around me some closer to me than others. keep on keeping your heads up everyone, we must keep fighting and knowing that no matter how dark it may seem there is always light up ahead.

Sorry for anyones losses. I lost both my uncle and a great church friend to cancer a while back. It hurt a lot to see them go. My friend from church was like an aunt to me, she watched me grow up and always took interest in whatever I was interested in. And my uncle was such a music head and pool player, I think that is where I got my interest in music and pool. But I will never have the amount of music he had. Tons and tons of records.

we're all doing ok

just thanking god it was QUICK so he didn't suffer for long

tonight's mima's first night alone

she's had so many people in her house for so long i think she's actually looking forward to it

i just hope she has sense to call someone if she changes her mind

I'm very sorry for the loss of your grandpa i'm glad that you've found your strength with shinedown. don't forget as it has already been mentioned that you should allow yourself time to heal.

That's interesting to note, my mom is battling non-hodgkins lymphoma herself. Glad to see you kicked its ass!

Thank you. Hugs you back :)

[quote="siouxi"]I"m so sorry for your loss.
I know how you feel. My dad passed away 4 weeks ago. He had longue cancer too :cry:[/quote]

HUGS

I"m so sorry for your loss.
I know how you feel. My dad passed away 4 weeks ago. He had longue cancer too :cry:

thanks everyone

that f cancer website looks awesome ... I want a shirt LOL

I'm a survivor myself of childhood lymphoma and papa had fought and survived before, so kind of a smack in the face

I wish I could sit down and have a beer, but man I've had so much beer and many tears the last couple days ... an dnot enough water or sleep! I've felt it today. Took about a 3 hr nap with connor this afternoon.

I'm about to go get me a piece of coconut pie and go to bed

Sorry to hear about your loss!! :(

Hang in there and youre allowed a few days for yourself, don't think you're not. I hope everything goes well and let your Shinedown Family know if you need anything I'm sure we can find a way to help you out whether its an ear to listen to or a beer to have with you!

Jen, I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom to lung cancer in the late 90s, but it took just over a year.

{{{{{{{{BIG HUGS TO YOU}}}}}}}}

Don't forget, we're here if you need to vent.

Much love from FL!!

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. At least it seemed peaceful. Cancer can be awful, so it sounds like he was spared most of it.

understand completely... same thing happened to my grandpa except my song was second chance