...MTV?... Wrestling?

• ...MTV?... Wrestling?
    ashley_3595

Anyone else think/find it odd that Devour is the opening song for the Road Rules/Real World challenge on MTV?

OR

The fact that I Dare You is a theme song for some wrestling thing going on, which really makes me sad

Submitted by ashley_3595 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

well I dare you was the theme song to Wrestlemania a few years ago. Also WWE has helped shinedown a lot, they played a lot of their music for their events...

ashley_3595

Thu, 10/02/2008 - 13:01

i understand that, and i love that people are getting to hear them, but i don't think this was WWE... and i don't like what the people are doing with the songs when they are using them

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Just think of the wonderful new memories that your friends and family will now have for the sd songs, not the wrestling ones.

:)

ashley_3595

Thu, 10/02/2008 - 13:38

thanks. i guess that is a good way to look at it

While I can appreciate poetic/artistic license to alter a song for your own enjoyment, artistic endeavor, it just plain sux when a group/artist butchers the hell out of an awesome song.

ashley_3595

Thu, 10/02/2008 - 15:53

[quote="mollie"]While I can appreciate poetic/artistic license to alter a song for your own enjoyment, artistic endeavor, it just plain sux when a group/artist butchers the hell out of an awesome song.[/quote]

if i am understanding you, then this is in reference to the butchering of Devour for the MTV theme song for the RR/RW challenge. And I will agree

Yep...and I am not a fan of a perfect circle's version of "imagine" by john lennon.

Just call me old fashioned I guess...but why mess with brilliance....

ashley_3595

Thu, 10/02/2008 - 18:15

[quote="mollie"]Yep...and I am not a fan of a perfect circle's version of "imagine" by john lennon.

Just call me old fashioned I guess...but why mess with brilliance....[/quote]
i say just don't mess with john lennon.... no matter who you are, but that is just me.

i guess that means we are both old fashion :) - and I like it.

Old-fashion in some respects, but not in others ;)

ashley_3595

Thu, 10/02/2008 - 19:59

[quote="mollie"]Old-fashion in some respects, but not in others ;)[/quote]

but of course :P

also i dont think people will associate your song to wrestling, I like wrestling and when i hear I dare you i think of the meaning behind the song, dealing with firefighters than wrestling, songs are used in all different aspects, its good for people of other interest, like wrestling fans and madden fans, Devour is also on madden, to hear it. Its great for the band. And people who hear I dare you that go to your wedding will think of ur wedding, and not WWE. Great example is a long time a go my cousin got married and their song was I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing by Aerosmith and when i hear that song i think of their wedding and now Armageddon

Anyone else think/find it odd that Devour is the opening song for the Road Rules/Real World challenge on MTV?

OR

The fact that I Dare You is a theme song for some wrestling thing going on, which really makes me sad

comments

also i dont think people will associate your song to wrestling, I like wrestling and when i hear I dare you i think of the meaning behind the song, dealing with firefighters than wrestling, songs are used in all different aspects, its good for people of other interest, like wrestling fans and madden fans, Devour is also on madden, to hear it. Its great for the band. And people who hear I dare you that go to your wedding will think of ur wedding, and not WWE. Great example is a long time a go my cousin got married and their song was I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing by Aerosmith and when i hear that song i think of their wedding and now Armageddon

[quote="mollie"]Old-fashion in some respects, but not in others ;)[/quote]

but of course :P

Old-fashion in some respects, but not in others ;)

[quote="mollie"]Yep...and I am not a fan of a perfect circle's version of "imagine" by john lennon.

Just call me old fashioned I guess...but why mess with brilliance....[/quote]
i say just don't mess with john lennon.... no matter who you are, but that is just me.

i guess that means we are both old fashion :) - and I like it.

Yep...and I am not a fan of a perfect circle's version of "imagine" by john lennon.

Just call me old fashioned I guess...but why mess with brilliance....

[quote="mollie"]While I can appreciate poetic/artistic license to alter a song for your own enjoyment, artistic endeavor, it just plain sux when a group/artist butchers the hell out of an awesome song.[/quote]

if i am understanding you, then this is in reference to the butchering of Devour for the MTV theme song for the RR/RW challenge. And I will agree

While I can appreciate poetic/artistic license to alter a song for your own enjoyment, artistic endeavor, it just plain sux when a group/artist butchers the hell out of an awesome song.

thanks. i guess that is a good way to look at it

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Just think of the wonderful new memories that your friends and family will now have for the sd songs, not the wrestling ones.

:)

i understand that, and i love that people are getting to hear them, but i don't think this was WWE... and i don't like what the people are doing with the songs when they are using them

well I dare you was the theme song to Wrestlemania a few years ago. Also WWE has helped shinedown a lot, they played a lot of their music for their events...