MRI

• MRI
    tessarakt

Getting ready to leave for an MRI on my back.

Hopefully we'll only confirm what we already know ... not find anything new.

Think of me please.

Submitted by tessarakt on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Fingers crossed!

tessarakt

Thu, 04/07/2011 - 22:21

Well I survived the tunnel LOL got brave andopened my eyes once. Saw that tube 3 inches from my face and decided I wasn't going to open my eyes again lol

should know results tomorrow

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 04/08/2011 - 09:21

hope all is well and nothing is new as you mentioned, you'll be in my prayers.

erica881014

Fri, 04/08/2011 - 19:55

good luck and hopefully everything is okay. :lol:

tessarakt

Fri, 04/08/2011 - 21:16

Soooooooo ...

L4, L5 and S1 are a big fat ugly hairy mess.

L4-L5 I have a broad (that means pretty major apparently - multiple tears) disc bulge, but the good news is that the nuclear material inside the disc is still where it's supposed to be. Odds are good continueing with conservative care and strengthening it should be ok.

L5-S1 Same, but with the nuclear material starting to bulge out between the vertebrae. Sometimes these will heal up on their own, but once they get that bad there tends to be too much pressure for everything to be sucked back into line where it's supposed to be and allow the disc to heal.

I also have stenosis between L5 and S1
Explained to me as a buckling of the ligament putting pressure on the spinal cord.

I'm going to have a consult with a neurosurgeon. Apparently he's one of the best in the area, and is very conservative and will not cut on me unless it's truly necessary. It's very possible this will just be an info gathering appt.

I don't know whether I'm more scared of surgery itself seeing as I don't wake up and this would be the first time being put to sleep since being a mother, or the rehab and having to start over afterwards.

In the meantime, I continue chiro, icing, walking, yoga, zumba and bellydancing to what my pain allows, and don't do anything stupid.

On top of all this fabulousness I have a cat trying to die on us. Certain it's his kidneys, he's old, didn't do blood work but are treating with meds and fluids to try and get him feeling better again, so may be putting him down next week. =*(

Shitacular day.

*HUGS*, sorry there's not more I can do :(

crueangel

Tue, 04/19/2011 - 22:26

Awww. {{HUGS}}

I hope everything is going better, this week, Jen! (I know you said on Twitter your back is somewhat better.)

As for the surgery, IF you absolutely have to have it, see if they will let you take your music player in there with you so you can fall asleep to Shinedown and wake up to them! My friend had surgery, and they let her take her player in with her. I think they just taped it to her under her gown or something like that.

MUCH LOVE TO YA!!! Will keep you in my prayers!

tessarakt

Wed, 04/20/2011 - 10:00

[quote="crueangel"]Awww. {{HUGS}}

I hope everything is going better, this week, Jen! (I know you said on Twitter your back is somewhat better.)

As for the surgery, IF you absolutely have to have it, see if they will let you take your music player in there with you so you can fall asleep to Shinedown and wake up to them! My friend had surgery, and they let her take her player in with her. I think they just taped it to her under her gown or something like that.

MUCH LOVE TO YA!!! Will keep you in my prayers![/quote]

ROFL Thta's not a bad idea!!
I jinxed myself telling you that last night. this am is bad. I think it's the rain though. It always hurts worse when it's rainy .. there's a lot of arthritis in there too ...

erica881014

Wed, 04/20/2011 - 14:36

hope the days get better for you.wish you all the luck.Get better :D

tessarakt

Thu, 04/21/2011 - 00:26

it did ... got all the way through my belly dancing class, up until the very end ... hopefully tomorrow makes up for the crappy day toda LOL

erica881014

Thu, 04/21/2011 - 20:44

is that belly dancing class fun..i've seen advirtisments everywhere.

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 04/22/2011 - 15:36

feel better jen. I hope your back gets well soon and I hope the kitty isn't hurting too much.

Jenn, i hope you're doing a little better, i haven't been around here for a while, so i missed that you were having a MRI :(

[quote="erica881014"]is that belly dancing class fun..i've seen advirtisments everywhere.[/quote]

Bellydance is so much fun. I have been doing bellydance for the last 6 years, it's great, i think every woman should do bellydance it gives you so much confidence and it's good for your posture :D

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 04/28/2011 - 17:46

yes we've missed you too rita. hope all is well for you.

Thanks Tony. I'm not doing very well. The death of my father and some health problems are keeping me awake at night. lack of sleep always makes me depressed. But with the help of my husband, son, SD and friends i will come through :)

crueangel

Fri, 04/29/2011 - 20:35

Sorry to hear things are going rough, Rita! *BIG HUGS*

I hopthings get better soon! Much love from FL!!!

Thank you Tammi, i'll be okay, it just needs some time. :)

tessarakt

Tue, 05/03/2011 - 12:15

Lots of hugs for you Rita ...

I have a consult with a surgeon on Thurs.
Rainy weather makes me hurt worse and there's a front moving in so I'm hurting pretty bad today.

Thank you Jenn Hugs back too you
I'm sorry to hear that you're hurting. Hope the rain front will go away soon.

erica881014

Tue, 05/03/2011 - 17:51

[quote="siouxi"]Jenn, i hope you're doing a little better, i haven't been around here for a while, so i missed that you were having a MRI :(

[quote="erica881014"]is that belly dancing class fun..i've seen advirtisments everywhere.[/quote]

Bellydance is so much fun. I have been doing bellydance for the last 6 years, it's great, i think every woman should do bellydance it gives you so much confidence and it's good for your posture :D[/quote]

Thanks I should check it out sounds fun.. I know I have heard somewhere around where I live offers it.

Getting ready to leave for an MRI on my back.

Hopefully we'll only confirm what we already know ... not find anything new.

Think of me please.

comments

[quote="siouxi"]Jenn, i hope you're doing a little better, i haven't been around here for a while, so i missed that you were having a MRI :(

Bellydance is so much fun. I have been doing bellydance for the last 6 years, it's great, i think every woman should do bellydance it gives you so much confidence and it's good for your posture :D[/quote]

Thanks I should check it out sounds fun.. I know I have heard somewhere around where I live offers it.

Thank you Jenn Hugs back too you
I'm sorry to hear that you're hurting. Hope the rain front will go away soon.

Lots of hugs for you Rita ...

I have a consult with a surgeon on Thurs.
Rainy weather makes me hurt worse and there's a front moving in so I'm hurting pretty bad today.

Thank you Tammi, i'll be okay, it just needs some time. :)

Sorry to hear things are going rough, Rita! *BIG HUGS*

I hopthings get better soon! Much love from FL!!!

Thanks Tony. I'm not doing very well. The death of my father and some health problems are keeping me awake at night. lack of sleep always makes me depressed. But with the help of my husband, son, SD and friends i will come through :)

yes we've missed you too rita. hope all is well for you.

Jenn, i hope you're doing a little better, i haven't been around here for a while, so i missed that you were having a MRI :(

Bellydance is so much fun. I have been doing bellydance for the last 6 years, it's great, i think every woman should do bellydance it gives you so much confidence and it's good for your posture :D

feel better jen. I hope your back gets well soon and I hope the kitty isn't hurting too much.

is that belly dancing class fun..i've seen advirtisments everywhere.

it did ... got all the way through my belly dancing class, up until the very end ... hopefully tomorrow makes up for the crappy day toda LOL

hope the days get better for you.wish you all the luck.Get better :D

[quote="crueangel"]Awww. {{HUGS}}

MUCH LOVE TO YA!!! Will keep you in my prayers![/quote]

ROFL Thta's not a bad idea!!
I jinxed myself telling you that last night. this am is bad. I think it's the rain though. It always hurts worse when it's rainy .. there's a lot of arthritis in there too ...

Awww. {{HUGS}}

MUCH LOVE TO YA!!! Will keep you in my prayers!

*HUGS*, sorry there's not more I can do :(

Updated ...

Soooooooo ...

L4, L5 and S1 are a big fat ugly hairy mess.

L4-L5 I have a broad (that means pretty major apparently - multiple tears) disc bulge, but the good news is that the nuclear material inside the disc is still where it's supposed to be. Odds are good continueing with conservative care and strengthening it should be ok.

L5-S1 Same, but with the nuclear material starting to bulge out between the vertebrae. Sometimes these will heal up on their own, but once they get that bad there tends to be too much pressure for everything to be sucked back into line where it's supposed to be and allow the disc to heal.

I also have stenosis between L5 and S1
Explained to me as a buckling of the ligament putting pressure on the spinal cord.

I'm going to have a consult with a neurosurgeon. Apparently he's one of the best in the area, and is very conservative and will not cut on me unless it's truly necessary. It's very possible this will just be an info gathering appt.

I don't know whether I'm more scared of surgery itself seeing as I don't wake up and this would be the first time being put to sleep since being a mother, or the rehab and having to start over afterwards.

In the meantime, I continue chiro, icing, walking, yoga, zumba and bellydancing to what my pain allows, and don't do anything stupid.

On top of all this fabulousness I have a cat trying to die on us. Certain it's his kidneys, he's old, didn't do blood work but are treating with meds and fluids to try and get him feeling better again, so may be putting him down next week. =*(

Shitacular day.

good luck and hopefully everything is okay. :lol:

hope all is well and nothing is new as you mentioned, you'll be in my prayers.

Well I survived the tunnel LOL got brave andopened my eyes once. Saw that tube 3 inches from my face and decided I wasn't going to open my eyes again lol

should know results tomorrow

Fingers crossed!