Moshing Morons

• Moshing Morons
    whatashame_9055

I don't know if this should go here or in the "If You Only Knew" board, but I'll stick it here.

I just got back from the show in Convington, Ky. I was so excited and had been looking forward to it for a long time. Now I'm home, pissed off, and covered in beer and I didn't even drink a drop. The show was good of course because it was Shinedown and Black Stone Cherry, but it was almost ruined by all the idiots moshing and crowd surfing.

Why do people do that? You can't enjoy the show because you have to be watching out for someone to come crashing down on top of you or slamming into you. Those people aren't there for the music, they're there to act like jackasses. They were even doing that stupid shit during the slow songs, I mean I think it's stupid anytime but it's to be expected almost with the harder songs, but moshing during "The Crow & The Butterfly"?

One of them got the snot beat out of him and had to be taken out by security and I wanna thank the guy that beat his ass. I kept my fists clinched the whole time because if they'd gotten close enough I was going to knock someone out, period. They bumped this girl walking through and she dumped a whole beer on me, then she went off on them for making her spill her beer.

This experience almost makes me not want to go to another show, I can listen to the CD anywhere and not have to worry about having to punch someone and the possibility of going to jail.

Submitted by whatashame_9055 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Well I Got A Candle.

Mon, 07/14/2008 - 12:50

well ill say this, if anyone pushes me im going to push them SOB's back, haha dont mosh around me, im here to listen to music.

shinedown_bound

Mon, 07/14/2008 - 15:09

OMG!! I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL...I SAW SHINEDOWN TWICE IN MAY AT 2 OUTDOOR FESTIVALS, WAITED FUCKING HOURS IN THE HOT ASS SUN JUST TO BE ABLE TO KEEP MY SPOT AT THE FRONT WITH NO WATER...I STARTED TO GET KIND OF FAINTLY AND WEAK, BUT WHEN SD FINALLY GOT ON STAGE, I CAUGHT A SECOND WIND & WAS READY TO ROCK OUT. WELL THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN THE IDIOTS ARE KICKING ME IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD, LANDING ON TOP OF ME, SPILLING BEER, PUSHING ME UP AGAINST THE BARACADE...ETC..

I WAS COMPLETELY OKAY WITH ALL OF IT BEFORE SD GOT ON STAGE, BUT I WAS THERE TO SEE THEM & LISTEN TO THE NEW MATERIAL & NOT DUCKING EVERY 2 SECONDS BECAUSE SOME FAT ASS IS ATTEMPTING TO CROWD SURF.

AT ONE POINT, SOME IDIOT SENT HIS SON, WHO COULDN'T HAVE BEEN MORE THAT 9, OVER THE CROWD.

I WILL NOT GO TO ANOTHER OUTDOOR FESTIVAL AGAIN...ATLEAST NOT TWO DAYS IN A ROW.

I PREFER THE REGULAR 3 SET SHOWS...

evenangelsfall

Mon, 07/14/2008 - 21:32

I'm sorry it was a sucky experience for you

I know I sound old when I get like that but I don't care I'm there to watch the show not get in a fight or soaked with some questionable liquids. What really pisses me off, is I hold my pee or go thirsty cuz I don't want to loose my spot when I get close to the stage...... THEN I get trampled on by a bunch of morons, who are more excited to MOSH or heres my personal fav harcore dancing, OMG EW. Hell once I saw 2 chicks booty dancin like it was a club. Ya dont do that to SD music, grrr.

sweetseekinglife

Tue, 07/15/2008 - 10:53

I think it's amusing to watch a bunch of dumbasses get their asses knocked out, the last SD concert I went with my fiance and hes about 6 ft and 250 lbs, hes built tough, he ended up on the outer edge of the circle (after he warned me about going near the front and he stayed in the middle) Some kids startedup and the next thing you know he had some jerk slamming into him, so as they come running at him, he pretty much sticks his hand out like a cop, let the guy run into it, lifted him off the ground and let him fall, needless to say they sort of made it a point not to run in that general direction. Whats kind of funny at the house of blues is that if you are crowdsurfing you get kicked out, when someone starts the crowd pushes them to the front where security happily helps them down.
As I am kind of small I just choose a group of big guys to duck behind if it gets rough, Its amusing if its atleast 10 to 15 feet from me ;)

shinedown_bound

Tue, 07/15/2008 - 23:34

oh definitely..i like watching from afar but thats it...lol

At earthday Birthday in orlando this past may, they had a titty painting booth where women would get their tits painted with flowers and what not...well there was this family that had 2 SMALL children in a stroller in the dead hot sun for HOURS..i couldn't believe it..and to top it all of, the GRANDMOTHER of the kids (maybe the mom too) had her tits painted and she's walking around and getting on men's shoulders showing off her flower tits. rocking out...they looked more like wilted flowers lol

As a mother, I could not believe what kind of example these people were setting for these two young kids, not to mention it was so hot that some people were passing out from heat exhaustion..the kids had nothing on but diapers/pullups....I couldn't believe it!

Oh I know about this very well. I recently went to Rockfest this year in Tampa and I got to see Shinedown just fine, but by the time it got to 3 Doors Down, every 2 seconds I had to turn around just to get kicked in the head, have someone fall on me, get pushed around, or have to pass someone on in order to not get landed on. It was shit and I wasn't able to stay right at the front for their entire performance. I was pretty let down because of it. I came home and made a joke that next time I go to a big concert like that again, I'll bring a gag hand buzzer. That'll teach them to not come back through.

john45_3685

Wed, 07/16/2008 - 23:56

ill admit that i go to mostly metal concerts and i do like to get into some of the pits. shinedown is not that type of concerts. bands like hatebreed, chimaira, and devildriver are moshing bands. i would never mosh at an sd concert.

shinedown_bound

Thu, 07/17/2008 - 03:16

I agree!

I am not a mosher & I couldn't understand why people were moshing during 45! It made absolutely no sense to me whatsoever!

I saw SD at Earthday Birthday in Orlando, and 5 finger Death punch was something to mosh to...not SD!

I was at that Covington, KY show! And right up front, only to the right of the stage and blissfully distant from the mosh-idiots. Its obnoxious, and I'm sorry but if you're paying that much money for a ticket (which wasn't a LOT, but still...) why would you not want to actually watch the show?

u should always find a nice corner with a good angle. thats wat i did in dubai desert rock festivel when iron maiden played

carebear62

Sat, 07/19/2008 - 02:04

tell me about it. moshing annoying as hell. and i hate crowd surfing even more, hurts like hell when you get hit.

[quote="shinedown_bound"]oh definitely..i like watching from afar but thats it...lol

At earthday Birthday in orlando this past may, they had a titty painting booth where women would get their tits painted with flowers and what not...well there was this family that had 2 SMALL children in a stroller in the dead hot sun for HOURS..i couldn't believe it..and to top it all of, the GRANDMOTHER of the kids (maybe the mom too) had her tits painted and she's walking around and getting on men's shoulders showing off her flower tits. rocking out...they looked more like wilted flowers lol

As a mother, I could not believe what kind of example these people were setting for these two young kids, not to mention it was so hot that some people were passing out from heat exhaustion..the kids had nothing on but diapers/pullups....I couldn't believe it![/quote]

I was at this show too :D

I was pretty stunned by the boob painting and just how many women were doing it, you'd never get that here.

I'll post my photos on the 'If You Only Knew' board.

As for moshers - I keep well away. The problem is that it started with metal bands who have fans who know what to expect. Now it's every gig from a band with a guitar. I had friends who saw the Foo Fighters (:roll:) and complained about mosh pits there too.

Tell me about it :roll:

It is so shameful :wink:

shinedownersam

Sun, 07/20/2008 - 04:17

[quote="fenderguitars777"]Moshing... at the FOO FIGHTERS???[/quote]

Yes.

When i went to the Foo Fighters there were a fair few moshers. One guy went nuts and clotheslined a guy and that guy got up and punched him. It was surprisingly funny to watch two guy beat the shit out of each other.

lol.

I agree with the "moshing is moronic" vibe here!!!

Best cat fight I have ever witnessed was at Rock Fest out here in St Helens during Buckcherry's "Crazy Bitch" when two girls got into it behind me. I was laughing so hard I about fell into the pit.

That was right after a guy puked his beer out against the fence and the dude with a broken nose left the pit, too.

Gotta love Rock Fest, Oregon style. ;)

At the Shinedown show i was at in Covington, there was this tiny little girl right behind me. I mean, I'm only 5'3" and this girl was probably 6 inches shorter than me and small enough that I'm not sure she could actually fit into "grown up" clothes. She had an X on her hand, so I'm guessing she was maybe 18 or 19.

Man, when they started moshing, she went nuts! SHE didn't mosh, but if they ran into her, she became this tiny little Tasmanian devil! At one point, she had me hold her sunglasses while she reclaimed her space. It was completely worth the ticket price just to watch this girl! That is one girl I would not want to cross! :)

AllAmericanDan1

Tue, 07/22/2008 - 23:15

I would rather tailgate anyday. You can't have a beer with someone you're gonna beat the shit out of during the show. Shinedown is more of a tailgate band. Get blitzed and see them live...oh I can't wait to do that!

yeah all the SD shows ive been to theres been ridiculous mosh pits... and it really sucks because crowdsurfers get all tossed around going over them and end up landing on my head, or their shoes get caught on my earrings or something. it sucks, but its just something we have to deal with...

My husband was upset cause these girls were like rubbing there boobs all over him and some guy was grabbing his butt....hahahhaha

and the fuckin preppy girls that only fuckin knew one fuckin song killed my hearing....and this crowd serfer bitch had a skirt w/ no underwear on and blinded meh w/ cousin it's cousin harry! hjhahahahahahah!

but it rocked! >_<

That crowd surfing "Brit style" is just about the creepiest concert party foul EVER!!!!

Thank God my husband is 6'2" to my 5'1" and he takes care of the moshing morons for me.

I HATE MOSHING TOO !

[quote="mollie"]That crowd surfing "Brit style" is just about the creepiest concert party foul EVER!!!![/quote]

"Brit style" :?

[quote="stephenmuk"][quote="mollie"]That crowd surfing "Brit style" is just about the creepiest concert party foul EVER!!!![/quote]

"Brit style" :?[/quote]

Damn racist! HAHAHAHA JK

the venue was way over sold and not setup for that big of a act. the place is very,very small. we talked to the sound guys and zach before the show and they all were told the venue was arena style which it is not. But, they (the bands) didn't know it was so small until they got there. It was definatly to crowded for moshing!!!!!!!! too dangerous i only saw one exit, the way you came in and that's not cool with that kind of crowd.

[quote="rock_saka"][quote="stephenmuk"][quote="mollie"]That crowd surfing "Brit style" is just about the creepiest concert party foul EVER!!!![/quote]

Damn racist! HAHAHAHA JK[/quote]

That's what I thought too :wink:

[quote="stephenmuk"][quote="mollie"]That crowd surfing "Brit style" is just about the creepiest concert party foul EVER!!!![/quote]

Oh sh*t!!!

I meant "britney" style!!!

My bad.... :oops:

[quote="mollie"][quote="stephenmuk"][quote="mollie"]That crowd surfing "Brit style" is just about the creepiest concert party foul EVER!!!![/quote]

Oh sh*t!!!

My bad.... :oops:[/quote]

That's ok, I just wondered if it something else that we get a bad name for here that I didn't know about :lol:

Nope, nothing that I know about but if I hear of anything new to bash the brits by, I will let cha know!!!! :wink:

evenangelsfall

Sat, 07/26/2008 - 01:24

Hahaha I was wondering about that Brit thing too. I was so lost at first haha :lol:

I think I can safely say that any confusion brought on by my "brit" statements can be attributed to my bad case shinedown~itis!!!

I don't know if this should go here or in the "If You Only Knew" board, but I'll stick it here.

I just got back from the show in Convington, Ky. I was so excited and had been looking forward to it for a long time. Now I'm home, pissed off, and covered in beer and I didn't even drink a drop. The show was good of course because it was Shinedown and Black Stone Cherry, but it was almost ruined by all the idiots moshing and crowd surfing.

Why do people do that? You can't enjoy the show because you have to be watching out for someone to come crashing down on top of you or slamming into you. Those people aren't there for the music, they're there to act like jackasses. They were even doing that stupid shit during the slow songs, I mean I think it's stupid anytime but it's to be expected almost with the harder songs, but moshing during "The Crow & The Butterfly"?

One of them got the snot beat out of him and had to be taken out by security and I wanna thank the guy that beat his ass. I kept my fists clinched the whole time because if they'd gotten close enough I was going to knock someone out, period. They bumped this girl walking through and she dumped a whole beer on me, then she went off on them for making her spill her beer.

This experience almost makes me not want to go to another show, I can listen to the CD anywhere and not have to worry about having to punch someone and the possibility of going to jail.

comments

Personally, I think there's a time for moshing. I wouldn't care if it was during Cyanide or something, but don't eff up my slower songs, you know? I'm the person that pushes back until people leave me alone, though, so I don't have to deal for long.... either that, or I surround myself with serious fans (usually of the male persuasion and pretty tall!) so that I don't get messed with. It really works!

speaking of stupid moshing people, this Saturday I saw a girl in a short skirt with flip flops and a purse crowd surfing.

And we look up....watch out for the upper cuts! ;)

"...look left, look right...but I'm right behind you...."

We are everywhere..........

Short people unite.

We attack at dawn.

Me scary?!?!? Yeah....Cuz I am soooooooooo scary at 5'1"!!!! LOL.... :twisted:

[quote="mollie"][quote="stephenmuk"][quote="mollie"]That crowd surfing "Brit style" is just about the creepiest concert party foul EVER!!!![/quote]

Oh sh*t!!!

user mollie is a racist!!! JK JK ahahahhahahah!

ppl may be afraid of u now!

I think I can safely say that any confusion brought on by my "brit" statements can be attributed to my bad case shinedown~itis!!!

Hahaha I was wondering about that Brit thing too. I was so lost at first haha :lol:

Nope, nothing that I know about but if I hear of anything new to bash the brits by, I will let cha know!!!! :wink:

Oh sh*t!!!

That's ok, I just wondered if it something else that we get a bad name for here that I didn't know about :lol:

Oh sh*t!!!

My bad.... :oops:

[quote="rock_saka"][quote="stephenmuk"][quote="mollie"]That crowd surfing "Brit style" is just about the creepiest concert party foul EVER!!!![/quote]

Damn racist! HAHAHAHA JK[/quote]

That's what I thought too :wink:

the venue was way over sold and not setup for that big of a act. the place is very,very small. we talked to the sound guys and zach before the show and they all were told the venue was arena style which it is not. But, they (the bands) didn't know it was so small until they got there. It was definatly to crowded for moshing!!!!!!!! too dangerous i only saw one exit, the way you came in and that's not cool with that kind of crowd.

Damn racist! HAHAHAHA JK

[quote="mollie"]That crowd surfing "Brit style" is just about the creepiest concert party foul EVER!!!![/quote]

"Brit style" :?

I HATE MOSHING TOO !

That crowd surfing "Brit style" is just about the creepiest concert party foul EVER!!!!

Thank God my husband is 6'2" to my 5'1" and he takes care of the moshing morons for me.

My husband was upset cause these girls were like rubbing there boobs all over him and some guy was grabbing his butt....hahahhaha

and the fuckin preppy girls that only fuckin knew one fuckin song killed my hearing....and this crowd serfer bitch had a skirt w/ no underwear on and blinded meh w/ cousin it's cousin harry! hjhahahahahahah!

but it rocked! >_<

yeah all the SD shows ive been to theres been ridiculous mosh pits... and it really sucks because crowdsurfers get all tossed around going over them and end up landing on my head, or their shoes get caught on my earrings or something. it sucks, but its just something we have to deal with...

I would rather tailgate anyday. You can't have a beer with someone you're gonna beat the shit out of during the show. Shinedown is more of a tailgate band. Get blitzed and see them live...oh I can't wait to do that!

At the Shinedown show i was at in Covington, there was this tiny little girl right behind me. I mean, I'm only 5'3" and this girl was probably 6 inches shorter than me and small enough that I'm not sure she could actually fit into "grown up" clothes. She had an X on her hand, so I'm guessing she was maybe 18 or 19.

Man, when they started moshing, she went nuts! SHE didn't mosh, but if they ran into her, she became this tiny little Tasmanian devil! At one point, she had me hold her sunglasses while she reclaimed her space. It was completely worth the ticket price just to watch this girl! That is one girl I would not want to cross! :)

I agree with the "moshing is moronic" vibe here!!!

Best cat fight I have ever witnessed was at Rock Fest out here in St Helens during Buckcherry's "Crazy Bitch" when two girls got into it behind me. I was laughing so hard I about fell into the pit.

That was right after a guy puked his beer out against the fence and the dude with a broken nose left the pit, too.

Gotta love Rock Fest, Oregon style. ;)

[quote="fenderguitars777"]Moshing... at the FOO FIGHTERS???[/quote]

Yes.

When i went to the Foo Fighters there were a fair few moshers. One guy went nuts and clotheslined a guy and that guy got up and punched him. It was surprisingly funny to watch two guy beat the shit out of each other.

lol.

Tell me about it :roll:

It is so shameful :wink:

[quote="shinedown_bound"]oh definitely..i like watching from afar but thats it...lol

As a mother, I could not believe what kind of example these people were setting for these two young kids, not to mention it was so hot that some people were passing out from heat exhaustion..the kids had nothing on but diapers/pullups....I couldn't believe it![/quote]

I was at this show too :D

I was pretty stunned by the boob painting and just how many women were doing it, you'd never get that here.

I'll post my photos on the 'If You Only Knew' board.

As for moshers - I keep well away. The problem is that it started with metal bands who have fans who know what to expect. Now it's every gig from a band with a guitar. I had friends who saw the Foo Fighters (:roll:) and complained about mosh pits there too.

tell me about it. moshing annoying as hell. and i hate crowd surfing even more, hurts like hell when you get hit.

u should always find a nice corner with a good angle. thats wat i did in dubai desert rock festivel when iron maiden played

I was at that Covington, KY show! And right up front, only to the right of the stage and blissfully distant from the mosh-idiots. Its obnoxious, and I'm sorry but if you're paying that much money for a ticket (which wasn't a LOT, but still...) why would you not want to actually watch the show?

I agree!

I am not a mosher & I couldn't understand why people were moshing during 45! It made absolutely no sense to me whatsoever!

I saw SD at Earthday Birthday in Orlando, and 5 finger Death punch was something to mosh to...not SD!

ill admit that i go to mostly metal concerts and i do like to get into some of the pits. shinedown is not that type of concerts. bands like hatebreed, chimaira, and devildriver are moshing bands. i would never mosh at an sd concert.

Oh I know about this very well. I recently went to Rockfest this year in Tampa and I got to see Shinedown just fine, but by the time it got to 3 Doors Down, every 2 seconds I had to turn around just to get kicked in the head, have someone fall on me, get pushed around, or have to pass someone on in order to not get landed on. It was shit and I wasn't able to stay right at the front for their entire performance. I was pretty let down because of it. I came home and made a joke that next time I go to a big concert like that again, I'll bring a gag hand buzzer. That'll teach them to not come back through.

oh definitely..i like watching from afar but thats it...lol

As a mother, I could not believe what kind of example these people were setting for these two young kids, not to mention it was so hot that some people were passing out from heat exhaustion..the kids had nothing on but diapers/pullups....I couldn't believe it!

I think it's amusing to watch a bunch of dumbasses get their asses knocked out, the last SD concert I went with my fiance and hes about 6 ft and 250 lbs, hes built tough, he ended up on the outer edge of the circle (after he warned me about going near the front and he stayed in the middle) Some kids startedup and the next thing you know he had some jerk slamming into him, so as they come running at him, he pretty much sticks his hand out like a cop, let the guy run into it, lifted him off the ground and let him fall, needless to say they sort of made it a point not to run in that general direction. Whats kind of funny at the house of blues is that if you are crowdsurfing you get kicked out, when someone starts the crowd pushes them to the front where security happily helps them down.
As I am kind of small I just choose a group of big guys to duck behind if it gets rough, Its amusing if its atleast 10 to 15 feet from me ;)

I'm sorry it was a sucky experience for you

I know I sound old when I get like that but I don't care I'm there to watch the show not get in a fight or soaked with some questionable liquids. What really pisses me off, is I hold my pee or go thirsty cuz I don't want to loose my spot when I get close to the stage...... THEN I get trampled on by a bunch of morons, who are more excited to MOSH or heres my personal fav harcore dancing, OMG EW. Hell once I saw 2 chicks booty dancin like it was a club. Ya dont do that to SD music, grrr.

OMG!! I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL...I SAW SHINEDOWN TWICE IN MAY AT 2 OUTDOOR FESTIVALS, WAITED FUCKING HOURS IN THE HOT ASS SUN JUST TO BE ABLE TO KEEP MY SPOT AT THE FRONT WITH NO WATER...I STARTED TO GET KIND OF FAINTLY AND WEAK, BUT WHEN SD FINALLY GOT ON STAGE, I CAUGHT A SECOND WIND & WAS READY TO ROCK OUT. WELL THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN THE IDIOTS ARE KICKING ME IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD, LANDING ON TOP OF ME, SPILLING BEER, PUSHING ME UP AGAINST THE BARACADE...ETC..

I WAS COMPLETELY OKAY WITH ALL OF IT BEFORE SD GOT ON STAGE, BUT I WAS THERE TO SEE THEM & LISTEN TO THE NEW MATERIAL & NOT DUCKING EVERY 2 SECONDS BECAUSE SOME FAT ASS IS ATTEMPTING TO CROWD SURF.

AT ONE POINT, SOME IDIOT SENT HIS SON, WHO COULDN'T HAVE BEEN MORE THAT 9, OVER THE CROWD.

I WILL NOT GO TO ANOTHER OUTDOOR FESTIVAL AGAIN...ATLEAST NOT TWO DAYS IN A ROW.

I PREFER THE REGULAR 3 SET SHOWS...

well ill say this, if anyone pushes me im going to push them SOB's back, haha dont mosh around me, im here to listen to music.