Milwaukee

• Milwaukee
    ShinedownPete

Well some of you may have watched it on the webcast, but for me i was there front row live.

I video tapped most of the show and is on youtube just look up grayslakepete and you will see them, i still have a few more to post.

For me this was a great show and it all started with myself, Wife, Lori and Karen meeting at my place to head up there.

We were all excited and racing up there so they could have there meet & greet with the guys.
    I guess it went fast because there were back in line 15 min later and another guy we meet at Madison was there to join us at the front line.

We got our spot Lori's fav by Eric and waited for Rev to come on.
    If you have not seen these guys you will be in for a treat..
    Great band with good songs like Light it up, Hell yeah and Broken bones my fav.
    The played for about 30 min and all the ladies loved the lead guitar player and the singer.

The came up front and we were able to talk with them a little.

After Halestorm came on. I have to say from the first time seing them in March till now they are so much improved and very tight.
    The drummer is like animal on the drums and well lzzy is ummm niceeee.
    The played for about 40 min and all there hits.
    We were able to meet them later and take pics and talk with them.. Very down to earth band and no bs in them at all.

Then it was time for Shinedown to come on.
    They did not play the big room at the rave which is over 5,000 people but the next room which is 2,000 and was fine with me because it felt everyone was connected with the band and the crowd.
    I think this was the first time i seen so many people hug, hi five and just no drama for a Shinedown show.

The came on and played 15 songs. I had a feeling this was the night i would see Simple man for the first time in 3 years since jason left and brad.
    I really like what there doing with the song and had a hard time videotapping because i was very moved by the song because it means a lot to me.
    They played all there hits and was just an amazing show.

After we talked with Zach and he was in one of his talking moods and him and my wife are now only going to talk to each other in spanish lol which was cool.

Afterwards we came home and lori and karen crashed at our place we talked about the show and other things.
    I have to say the best part was meeting Lori again and Karen for the first time.
    They really love the band and have a passion for them as myself and my wife do.
    We will see them again on Sunday in Chicago and my wife, me and my daughter will see them on Tuesday with Papa roach.

So thank you Lori & Karen i know your on your road trip but we had a blast and Mi casa su casa always.
    I hope in the future to meet other Nation fans because no matter where we are from or how are life is we have the same passion for life and for each other as the band has for there music and there fans that gives us a bond.

Till Chicago seeya

Submitted by ShinedownPete on
Forum category
Is pro
No

starsareforme

Sun, 12/13/2009 - 15:54

[color=indigo]Awesome! It was great getting to watch the show. I was trying to watch for fellow fans, but I only know what Karen looks like. I never did get to see her. The fan shots were pretty fast.[/color]

shinedownjunkie45

Sun, 12/13/2009 - 21:07

that's a great review. sadly i was not able to catch the show. i've been studying for finals week which starts tomorrow for me. so i'll be lookin for your vids plizano.

WOW! I am speechless! Plizano...words cannot express my pleasure and gratitude at the hospitality you showed to us! not to mention having a blast at the show with you and Jennifer! You both are top notch in my book and it's an honor to know you.
The show was as Pete says...amazing! We had so much fun reuniting with Scott whom we met in Madison in September and have become closer with in Twitter and FB.
Afterward band members milling around the crowd just like they were you and me! It was magical! We stayed up til 4:00 laughing at out pictures!!
Got questioned by security when we handed a bottle of Jagger. to Ryan -e-'s guitar tech and resident Sweetheart! He always hook's me up with Eric Swag!! A great time was had by all. Best part was our Nation family!!MUAH!! :wink:

starsareforme

Wed, 12/16/2009 - 21:36

[color=indigo]Lorilee I'm glad you all had such an awesome time!!![/color]

dalamar_2

Thu, 12/17/2009 - 10:53

I'm really happy for you, LL+K, Pete+Jenifer. You guys are very fortunate to have had that experience. Seeing a favourite act is that much the sweeter in great company, and I am sure you guys fit perfectly together. (SDN family's just the greatest, isn't it?)

I'm reading your reviews with glee and, let's be honest, a tad of envy, but always with the satisfaction that you guys had a blast.

So glad for you all... :)

Well some of you may have watched it on the webcast, but for me i was there front row live.

I video tapped most of the show and is on youtube just look up grayslakepete and you will see them, i still have a few more to post.

For me this was a great show and it all started with myself, Wife, Lori and Karen meeting at my place to head up there.

We were all excited and racing up there so they could have there meet & greet with the guys.
I guess it went fast because there were back in line 15 min later and another guy we meet at Madison was there to join us at the front line.

We got our spot Lori's fav by Eric and waited for Rev to come on.
If you have not seen these guys you will be in for a treat..
Great band with good songs like Light it up, Hell yeah and Broken bones my fav.
The played for about 30 min and all the ladies loved the lead guitar player and the singer.

The came up front and we were able to talk with them a little.

After Halestorm came on. I have to say from the first time seing them in March till now they are so much improved and very tight.
The drummer is like animal on the drums and well lzzy is ummm niceeee.
The played for about 40 min and all there hits.
We were able to meet them later and take pics and talk with them.. Very down to earth band and no bs in them at all.

Then it was time for Shinedown to come on.
They did not play the big room at the rave which is over 5,000 people but the next room which is 2,000 and was fine with me because it felt everyone was connected with the band and the crowd.
I think this was the first time i seen so many people hug, hi five and just no drama for a Shinedown show.

The came on and played 15 songs. I had a feeling this was the night i would see Simple man for the first time in 3 years since jason left and brad.
I really like what there doing with the song and had a hard time videotapping because i was very moved by the song because it means a lot to me.
They played all there hits and was just an amazing show.

After we talked with Zach and he was in one of his talking moods and him and my wife are now only going to talk to each other in spanish lol which was cool.

Afterwards we came home and lori and karen crashed at our place we talked about the show and other things.
I have to say the best part was meeting Lori again and Karen for the first time.
They really love the band and have a passion for them as myself and my wife do.
We will see them again on Sunday in Chicago and my wife, me and my daughter will see them on Tuesday with Papa roach.

So thank you Lori & Karen i know your on your road trip but we had a blast and Mi casa su casa always.
I hope in the future to meet other Nation fans because no matter where we are from or how are life is we have the same passion for life and for each other as the band has for there music and there fans that gives us a bond.

Till Chicago seeya

comments

I'm really happy for you, LL+K, Pete+Jenifer. You guys are very fortunate to have had that experience. Seeing a favourite act is that much the sweeter in great company, and I am sure you guys fit perfectly together. (SDN family's just the greatest, isn't it?)

I'm reading your reviews with glee and, let's be honest, a tad of envy, but always with the satisfaction that you guys had a blast.

So glad for you all... :)

[color=indigo]Lorilee I'm glad you all had such an awesome time!!![/color]

WOW! I am speechless! Plizano...words cannot express my pleasure and gratitude at the hospitality you showed to us! not to mention having a blast at the show with you and Jennifer! You both are top notch in my book and it's an honor to know you.
The show was as Pete says...amazing! We had so much fun reuniting with Scott whom we met in Madison in September and have become closer with in Twitter and FB.
Afterward band members milling around the crowd just like they were you and me! It was magical! We stayed up til 4:00 laughing at out pictures!!
Got questioned by security when we handed a bottle of Jagger. to Ryan -e-'s guitar tech and resident Sweetheart! He always hook's me up with Eric Swag!! A great time was had by all. Best part was our Nation family!!MUAH!! :wink:

that's a great review. sadly i was not able to catch the show. i've been studying for finals week which starts tomorrow for me. so i'll be lookin for your vids plizano.

[color=indigo]Awesome! It was great getting to watch the show. I was trying to watch for fellow fans, but I only know what Karen looks like. I never did get to see her. The fan shots were pretty fast.[/color]