A Message From Jaster

• A Message From Jaster
    tesser10

As you all are aware tomorrow marks a day that no one will ever forget...the anniversary of 9/11.

Jaster asked me to please thank all of you for your kind thoughts and prayers....it means so much to him. He is looking on tomorrow as a celebration of his brother's life rather than mourning his death. I for one am so impressed at his strength and character. He would have posted himself, but he has an early start to get into the city for the ceremonies.

So, with that I add....tell those you love what they mean to you....make sure they know...life changes so quickly...and don't be afraid of what people think.....you never know when it might be the last time.

Good night to some of the greatest people I know...our Shinedown family...much love and peace...~Terry

Submitted by tesser10 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Beautifully put Terry. I think that's why I express love so freely and frequently. You never know when you will loose the chance to say it. God bless all those affected and all who remember.

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 09/11/2009 - 09:29

very nicely worded. To all my family here on the SD Nation. Thank you for brightening my day every day. I've never felt so at home and so comfortable speaking to people. You all have a way of making a guy feel right at home.

Back at ya! You're the best! :D

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 09/11/2009 - 12:11

[quote="lorilee"]Back at ya! You're the best! :D[/quote]
no your the best.

destiny453

Fri, 09/11/2009 - 12:34

Nicely put Terry....thinking of all you guys that are affected, and even those who aren't!....Love you all xxx

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 09/11/2009 - 12:45

same here.

I went today to lay some flowers at a memorial in Jaster's brother's memory....it was so beautiful and a fitting tribute to him. I'm so glad I went...today is rainy, windy, and cold, but the strange thing is...just as I walked over..the rain had stopped.for a bit, and it was just a breeze blowing...I got to say a prayer, and got such a sense of peace...first time I felt that way about 9/11 since it happened. Very strange in a good way. Anyway...I just wanted to share.

fistfullofflowers

Fri, 09/11/2009 - 18:08

i was 6 when this happened.. i still kinda remember it. SAD DAY. :(

destiny453

Sat, 09/12/2009 - 01:35

Yeah it's a scary world that we live in, very scary indeed!! We just had a massive court case over here about 3 muslim guys that plotted to blow up airlines in 2006...that's them just being sent to jail!! Justice system is CRAZY!!!

This is Jaster

Thank you all so much.
My Fire crew are the best they stood with me, by me, and behind me.
They made sure it was it was a great day!

I am happy I get to visit with my brother and his friends on 9/11.
I am at peace with it.
Thank you all for thinking about me!

Jaster

shinedownjunkie45

Sun, 09/13/2009 - 09:25

[quote="ladydivine10"]This is Jaster

Thank you all so much.

I am at peace with it.

Jaster[/quote]
you will always be in my prayers jaster. take care of yourself and keep your head held high. you have so much to be proud of.

dalamar_2

Sun, 09/13/2009 - 14:03

And gazing towards the Heavens I stare, to the sky, chin up, remembering in respect and defying steadfastly tall, true, unwavering; while the loss of my Brothers may still press hard upon my bruised heart, their sacrifices were not in vain, for you perpetrated atrocities on ideals larger than any one of us and thus we stand, united, driven, righteous.

May your god have mercy on your souls, for you shall get none from me.

destiny453

Sun, 09/13/2009 - 16:43

Love you Jaster...miss you on the boards!!! :(

I often take solace in my irish/celtic roots and find peace in these simple words...

may the road rise to meet you
may the winde be always at your back
may the sun shine warm upon your face, the rains fall soft upon your fields
and until we meet again may god (or who ever you believe in) hold you in the palm of his hand

Those are beautiful words. :D

Ditto...Thanks Mollie Love ya! (You too Siouxi :wink: )

destiny453

Mon, 09/14/2009 - 08:19

Beautiful words :)

Jaster again....

During the day we were part of the Honor Guard.
This is part of my crew.
[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j155/jasterbull/Honor.jpg[/img]

At night we had The First annual Dennis Taormina Jr. 9/11 Cigar Smoke! We smoked Cigars and did toasts in his honor.
We had cigars to a troop in Afganastan and asked that they joined us at the same time!
[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j155/jasterbull/MemSmoke.jpg[/img]

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 09/14/2009 - 12:11

very nice jaster. and very honorable.

That is a great way to honor your brother. :)

Lady D here.

Aren;t the pictures great?? ......hopefully my friend in Afghanistan was able to get pictures too. When I hear from him, I'll let you know.

Thanks for sharing, Jaster!!!!! And, NO ONE will ever forget the daily sacrifices the families of 9~11, the fire fighters, police officers, armed forces they make for us.

Special place in my heart since I am a retired military brat who almost lost my Dad in Vietnam.

xoxoxoxo

Lady D here...

You are all so sweet...I'm sure Jaster is gonna love this when he logs on!

destiny453

Tue, 09/15/2009 - 06:49

No-one will ever forget all the sacrifices made on 9/11 what a great way to honour your brother, i'm sure he is very proud of you.

As you all are aware tomorrow marks a day that no one will ever forget...the anniversary of 9/11.

Jaster asked me to please thank all of you for your kind thoughts and prayers....it means so much to him. He is looking on tomorrow as a celebration of his brother's life rather than mourning his death. I for one am so impressed at his strength and character. He would have posted himself, but he has an early start to get into the city for the ceremonies.

So, with that I add....tell those you love what they mean to you....make sure they know...life changes so quickly...and don't be afraid of what people think.....you never know when it might be the last time.

Good night to some of the greatest people I know...our Shinedown family...much love and peace...~Terry

comments

No-one will ever forget all the sacrifices made on 9/11 what a great way to honour your brother, i'm sure he is very proud of you.

Lady D here...

You are all so sweet...I'm sure Jaster is gonna love this when he logs on!

Thanks for sharing, Jaster!!!!! And, NO ONE will ever forget the daily sacrifices the families of 9~11, the fire fighters, police officers, armed forces they make for us.

Special place in my heart since I am a retired military brat who almost lost my Dad in Vietnam.

xoxoxoxo

Lady D here.

Aren;t the pictures great?? ......hopefully my friend in Afghanistan was able to get pictures too. When I hear from him, I'll let you know.

That is a great way to honor your brother. :)

very nice jaster. and very honorable.

Jaster again....

During the day we were part of the Honor Guard.
This is part of my crew.
[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j155/jasterbull/Honor.jpg[/img]

At night we had The First annual Dennis Taormina Jr. 9/11 Cigar Smoke! We smoked Cigars and did toasts in his honor.
We had cigars to a troop in Afganastan and asked that they joined us at the same time!
[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j155/jasterbull/MemSmoke.jpg[/img]

Beautiful words :)

Ditto...Thanks Mollie Love ya! (You too Siouxi :wink: )

Those are beautiful words. :D

I often take solace in my irish/celtic roots and find peace in these simple words...

may the road rise to meet you
may the winde be always at your back
may the sun shine warm upon your face, the rains fall soft upon your fields
and until we meet again may god (or who ever you believe in) hold you in the palm of his hand

Love you Jaster...miss you on the boards!!! :(

And gazing towards the Heavens I stare, to the sky, chin up, remembering in respect and defying steadfastly tall, true, unwavering; while the loss of my Brothers may still press hard upon my bruised heart, their sacrifices were not in vain, for you perpetrated atrocities on ideals larger than any one of us and thus we stand, united, driven, righteous.

May your god have mercy on your souls, for you shall get none from me.

[quote="ladydivine10"]This is Jaster

Thank you all so much.

I am at peace with it.

Jaster[/quote]
you will always be in my prayers jaster. take care of yourself and keep your head held high. you have so much to be proud of.

This is Jaster

Thank you all so much.

I am at peace with it.

Jaster

Yeah it's a scary world that we live in, very scary indeed!! We just had a massive court case over here about 3 muslim guys that plotted to blow up airlines in 2006...that's them just being sent to jail!! Justice system is CRAZY!!!

i was 6 when this happened.. i still kinda remember it. SAD DAY. :(

I went today to lay some flowers at a memorial in Jaster's brother's memory....it was so beautiful and a fitting tribute to him. I'm so glad I went...today is rainy, windy, and cold, but the strange thing is...just as I walked over..the rain had stopped.for a bit, and it was just a breeze blowing...I got to say a prayer, and got such a sense of peace...first time I felt that way about 9/11 since it happened. Very strange in a good way. Anyway...I just wanted to share.

same here.

Nicely put Terry....thinking of all you guys that are affected, and even those who aren't!....Love you all xxx

[quote="lorilee"]Back at ya! You're the best! :D[/quote]
no your the best.

Back at ya! You're the best! :D

very nicely worded. To all my family here on the SD Nation. Thank you for brightening my day every day. I've never felt so at home and so comfortable speaking to people. You all have a way of making a guy feel right at home.

Beautifully put Terry. I think that's why I express love so freely and frequently. You never know when you will loose the chance to say it. God bless all those affected and all who remember.