Meet & Greet time change - Boston

• Meet & Greet time change - Boston
    wg0649

Hi all!
    I got notified that I won the meet & greet a week or so ago and it said to arrive 45 min. prior to the doors open.

Now I just got another email saying to arrive no later than 3:45pm!
    Why would they change this? Seems like it's MUCH earlier than expected:
    Doors @ 7 so we planned to be there at 6 originally.

Not a big deal -- just wondering why they would move it up so much!
    thanks!

Submitted by wg0649 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

ShinedownPicks

Wed, 03/25/2009 - 11:57

It could be that you won a soundcheck meet & greet, or that the original time conflicted with an interview or some other publicity meeting. At least you got the e-mail though!! :D

Yeah, sounds to me like you're getiing in on the sound check deal.

That totally sucks for people with like jobs and shit though...

that would be sweet...either way it's a blessing that I got in at all!
Good thing it's a Saturday.

Oh good, someone else besides me is going! Hi! Haha.

Yeah I have no idea what time I want to get there. Like if we get kicked out afterward, I want a spot in line that isn't in the back. I was thinking around 1 or so just to be safe.

I'm hoping we get to stick around, though. That'd be so cool. :)

Yikes 1!
I was thinking more like 3! haha.

Do you think we really need to be there that early?

btw, I confirmed with the fan club that it is indeed bumped up because of soundcheck!

I really don't know. I live about five minutes' walk away, though, so I may swing by at 1, and if there's no one there, just get there at 3 or so.

So do we get to stay for the soundcheck or are they kicking us out?

ShinedownPicks

Thu, 03/26/2009 - 14:43

Is your show at the HOB? Someone else on here had a HOB Soundcheck that was early like yours, and afterwards, they made them go out and get back in line. :-/ Since it is SO MUCH earlier than actual show time, I honestly think they will make you go outside and wait in line. :( I'd maybe call the venue and ask them how that will work out. Otherwise, find a friend or someone that is going that can hopefully save you a spot.

Yeah it is. That SUCKS. :( The local rock station is giving away two free tickets and passes to the soundcheck; it'd be nice if we could stay too.

Well, guess I'm getting there early and waiting. If anything, I can ask the people behind me to save my spot for when I get back.

ShinedownPicks

Thu, 03/26/2009 - 20:28

Just take something of theirs and get it signed for them. Bet they will hold it then ;) I know I would

LOL! Good idea. :D

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 03/26/2009 - 21:20

I have so much to learn from you Derek very good advice. lol.

ShinedownPicks

Thu, 03/26/2009 - 22:59

I've been to a concert or two :P And everyone loves merch (especially free) from their favorite band. Heck, any band really. The guys are good about signing a few things for you too. Any other questions, just let me know! :) I may not know it all, but I know a thing or two.

Yeah, I've been to a bunch myself...I've just had friends in line with me for all of them, so I hadn't had to worry about a spot being saved for me. Or I was the one doing the spot saving lol. this is the first rock concert that I'm going to be by myself for (out of like 20+ in the past few years, which is kind of funny now that I think about it). So thanks for the advice. :)

Hi all!
I got notified that I won the meet & greet a week or so ago and it said to arrive 45 min. prior to the doors open.

Now I just got another email saying to arrive no later than 3:45pm!
Why would they change this? Seems like it's MUCH earlier than expected:
Doors @ 7 so we planned to be there at 6 originally.

Not a big deal -- just wondering why they would move it up so much!
thanks!

comments

Yeah, I've been to a bunch myself...I've just had friends in line with me for all of them, so I hadn't had to worry about a spot being saved for me. Or I was the one doing the spot saving lol. this is the first rock concert that I'm going to be by myself for (out of like 20+ in the past few years, which is kind of funny now that I think about it). So thanks for the advice. :)

I've been to a concert or two :P And everyone loves merch (especially free) from their favorite band. Heck, any band really. The guys are good about signing a few things for you too. Any other questions, just let me know! :) I may not know it all, but I know a thing or two.

I have so much to learn from you Derek very good advice. lol.

LOL! Good idea. :D

Just take something of theirs and get it signed for them. Bet they will hold it then ;) I know I would

Yeah it is. That SUCKS. :( The local rock station is giving away two free tickets and passes to the soundcheck; it'd be nice if we could stay too.

Well, guess I'm getting there early and waiting. If anything, I can ask the people behind me to save my spot for when I get back.

Is your show at the HOB? Someone else on here had a HOB Soundcheck that was early like yours, and afterwards, they made them go out and get back in line. :-/ Since it is SO MUCH earlier than actual show time, I honestly think they will make you go outside and wait in line. :( I'd maybe call the venue and ask them how that will work out. Otherwise, find a friend or someone that is going that can hopefully save you a spot.

I really don't know. I live about five minutes' walk away, though, so I may swing by at 1, and if there's no one there, just get there at 3 or so.

So do we get to stay for the soundcheck or are they kicking us out?

Yikes 1!
I was thinking more like 3! haha.

Do you think we really need to be there that early?

btw, I confirmed with the fan club that it is indeed bumped up because of soundcheck!

Oh good, someone else besides me is going! Hi! Haha.

Yeah I have no idea what time I want to get there. Like if we get kicked out afterward, I want a spot in line that isn't in the back. I was thinking around 1 or so just to be safe.

I'm hoping we get to stick around, though. That'd be so cool. :)

that would be sweet...either way it's a blessing that I got in at all!
Good thing it's a Saturday.

Yeah, sounds to me like you're getiing in on the sound check deal.

That totally sucks for people with like jobs and shit though...

It could be that you won a soundcheck meet & greet, or that the original time conflicted with an interview or some other publicity meeting. At least you got the e-mail though!! :D