The Meanings of the songs....

• The Meanings of the songs....
    deagled

Some of the songsconfuse me. I love the lyrics, but I have no clue what they're talking about sometimes. If You Only Knew, Cyanide, Call Me, Breaking Inside, Devour, Second Chance, Cry For Help, etc. are obvious to me. I am really confused by Sin with a Grin though. I am also skeptical about The Crow and the Butterfly and Sound of Madness.

Submitted by deagled on
Forum category
Is pro
No

There are a few topics on here talking about these. I don't know if I've seen anyone's interpretation of Sin With A Grin, but I know I've seen what people said about Butterfly and Madness.
Don't quote me on this, but I think someone said Brent mentioned Butterfly being about what he prayed would never happened to the woman he loved. Madness I can't remember for sure, I guess everyone can listen to it how they want to but I know there are a few ideas on the forums somewhere, probably what Brent said about it too.

"At the House of Blues in New Orleans, Brent preceded Crow and the Butterfly by saying that it was the hardest song that he had ever written because it was about something that he prayed to God that the woman he loved with all his heart would never have to go through, and that he would never have to experience either. Then he specifically said that the song was about a mother and child.

That is pretty close to reciting it verbatim. I remember it vividly, because being a mother and having watched friends that have lost children, it gave me chills and yeah... I shed a few tears.

BTW, I think it's my favorite song on SOM. I think... it's so hard to choose!"

-romancerockstar

Some of the songsconfuse me. I love the lyrics, but I have no clue what they're talking about sometimes. If You Only Knew, Cyanide, Call Me, Breaking Inside, Devour, Second Chance, Cry For Help, etc. are obvious to me. I am really confused by Sin with a Grin though. I am also skeptical about The Crow and the Butterfly and Sound of Madness.

comments

"At the House of Blues in New Orleans, Brent preceded Crow and the Butterfly by saying that it was the hardest song that he had ever written because it was about something that he prayed to God that the woman he loved with all his heart would never have to go through, and that he would never have to experience either. Then he specifically said that the song was about a mother and child.

That is pretty close to reciting it verbatim. I remember it vividly, because being a mother and having watched friends that have lost children, it gave me chills and yeah... I shed a few tears.

BTW, I think it's my favorite song on SOM. I think... it's so hard to choose!"

-romancerockstar

There are a few topics on here talking about these. I don't know if I've seen anyone's interpretation of Sin With A Grin, but I know I've seen what people said about Butterfly and Madness.
Don't quote me on this, but I think someone said Brent mentioned Butterfly being about what he prayed would never happened to the woman he loved. Madness I can't remember for sure, I guess everyone can listen to it how they want to but I know there are a few ideas on the forums somewhere, probably what Brent said about it too.