Madison first stop on there new tour

• Madison first stop on there new tour
    ShinedownPete

The things we do as Shinedown fans.
    After working 6 hrs on Monday left work grabbed the wife and headed to Madison, WI for a 2 hr drive.
    We rocked out to all the bands playing and then a cd of all the oldies.
    As we got there we saw the tour buses and knew we found the place.

Very old theater that still plays movies and smelled of popcorn.

We decided to go to the top level and see them from there but i spotted Lorilee down below and told the wife i can't sit for a Shinedown show so we went down and met her.
    Amazing to meet a fellow Nation member.

We were right on the rail were Eric would be playing later in our face.
    The place is know to be haunted and at times plauged bands there.

First band on was Adelita's way great band opening band and i knew all there songs but had to deal with some little girls screaming like they were the Beatles lol.
    Wife was dealing with a Migrane and sat down for the next 2 bands.

Cavo came on but were hit by the ghost of the theater and there setlist was cut to 4 songs but they did play Champange to close.

Sick Puppies were next and they were amazing as always and Emma can sure slap a bass :lol: they seemed not as tight but i think this had to do with being first night of the tour.

Then the wait for Shinedown and my wife came back over to the rail and claimed her spot.
    They opened with Sound of Madness and the place exploded.
    By far the most energy i have seen at there show and this is my 15 one.
    The place was packed and every one was dripping wet.
    Brent saw this and must have tossed 50 bottles of water to everyone including one that we caught.
    Later in the show Zach was playing right in front of us and was playing the guitar with Barry drum stick and saw us and bent down to give us the stick.

My wife held on to it with her life lol and everyone around us gave us high fives.
    Later in the show Brent came by us with a towel he wiped he drenched hair and face with and personal gave it to me and the wife.
    All through the show at least 3 to 4 times he pointed to us with his approval.

Lorilee had some little candles we lit up for ( Save me ) the worked by battery's.

For the Encore the theater lit up the house lights or maybe the ghost lol and Brent was like were not stopping so keep them lit and launched into 2nd chance and Devour.
    They stayed on stage for a good 10 min throwing stuff out and thanking us for being there when Brent came over and point at Lorilee and gave her the setlist.

After the show we met with the bands of Adelita's way, Cave and Sick puppies before we walked around the building to Shinedown's busses.

Brent came out and was cool as hell as he always is and Eric came out after him and signed everyone's stuff.
    Also met Zach's girlfriend and she was so sweet and kind.

Did not meet Zach or Barry i guess they have friends from there and were hanging with them but overall an amazing show.
    Drove back 3 hrs and was home at 3:30 am then off to work.

For sure if you get a chance to meet a fellow Nation member do it.
    So thank you Lorilee for our meet and greet with you lol.

Phew i am done

Submitted by ShinedownPete on
Forum category
Is pro
No

destiny453

Tue, 09/15/2009 - 12:16

Wow, what an awesome review, loved reading that! So glad you got to meet each oother...i also like in the start how you say 'grabbed the wife' :lol: 15th show? :o wow....i hope i get to go to that manY! Never wash that towel! :lol:

Great review, Plizano! So happy that fellow Nationers are being honored! Love that this is THEIR tour! Can't wait for next Tuesday when it's SEATTLE's turn again! There'll be at least 10 of us together for that one!

ShinedownPete

Tue, 09/15/2009 - 13:18

It was funny the first 3 bands my wife was like i am not sure i will make it with her Migrane but sure enough Shinedown came on and when the show was over i asked how's your head she said it was gone.
Healing power of music lol.

That's awesome 10 Nation meeting up.
Be cool if one day a big group can go together in the midwest region.

We will be sure to pass the love along to the guys and let them know that the Nation is loud, proud and all about US AND THEM!!!!

Wow Plizano, great review...Mine was @ 2:00 in the morning from the hotel..I couldn't wait!! It was not as concise, so I really enjoyed your's. It was so amazing to meet you and your wife, you both are truly worthy of the Shinedown Nation!!! Lot's of good people surrounding these guys, true everybody?? :D

ShinedownPete

Tue, 09/15/2009 - 16:35

Pleasure was all ours.
We had a blast rocking out with you and Jen was glad you got your towel signed.
She fell asleep in the car with brent's towel as a blanket on her lol

Amazing night for sure

HEY Plizano...I've been meaning to ask....do you ever post at fansoflive.com????

I have so lost my mind, thanks to SD, but I think I do bemember seeing you there....

[quote="plizano"]Pleasure was all ours.

Amazing night for sure[/quote]Meeting you guys and hangin' out was mos def one of the highlights of the night. You are both so nice and lots of fun! Great taste in music, I might add!!lol I'm really glad that you live kinda close! We gotta hook up with NoMoreLove for the next one!!!

fistfullofflowers

Tue, 09/15/2009 - 18:26

loved reading also. AMAZING! it kinda makes me want to cry... haha..

btw Bethany Gulke is his wife not girlfriend...

:)

ShinedownPete

Tue, 09/15/2009 - 18:46

Hey Mollie no i never heard of that site.
Just do this, facebook and myspace but the only person i have on there is Zach lol.

Married who is married? When we met Zach girlfriend she said he was his girlfriend for over a year now.

Lorilee & Destiny i will be posting my pics on facebook have some good ones with Eric for you two stalkers lol j/k

ShinedownPete

Tue, 09/15/2009 - 18:59

P.S. on the concert review.

Two things i saw that they have not done.

One was when they did ( Call me ) at the end of the song he sang
" Honey i am on my way home " like 2 or 3 times and i know that is not at the end of the song so cool to hear a different ending.

Also they did a prelude to Burning bright that was amazing.
I would have caught it on video but secruity was not letting it happen.

fistfullofflowers

Tue, 09/15/2009 - 19:12

[quote="plizano"]

Married who is married? When we met Zach girlfriend she said he was his girlfriend for over a year now.

[/quote]

oh.. well Zach's said he's married to her many times on twitter and it says he's married on FB. hmmm.

WOW~LOVE the pix!!!!!!!!

So awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

fistfullofflowers

Tue, 09/15/2009 - 20:08

haha is there a guy saluting or something in the background of your pic?

[quote="Themindisaweapon"]loved reading also. AMAZING! it kinda makes me want to cry... haha..

:)[/quote]Well, excuse me, maybe you better tell her that.
don't mean to be snotty, but I was talking to her not Twitter or some website. I think he calls her "the wife" figuratively. :)

I'll post more - sorry I can't get them to show up. Help ...anyone?? :lol:

fistfullofflowers

Tue, 09/15/2009 - 20:22

[quote="lorilee"]quote]Well, excuse me, maybe you better tell her that.[/quote]

ahhh. zach said that. i'm not making things up.

fistfullofflowers

Tue, 09/15/2009 - 20:23

[quote="lorilee"]I'll post more - sorry I can't get them to show up. Help ...anyone?? :lol:[/quote]

use the "[img]" one?

fistfullofflowers

Tue, 09/15/2009 - 20:37

so am i... but i dont want to say that now... i feel like i'm stealing what you said. haha sorry.... haha.

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 09/16/2009 - 09:27

wow really nice pics. one happy SD Nation Family.

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 09/16/2009 - 10:11

those are some good lookin pics plizano. your wife was really happy to see brent. you can definately see the love expressed for the guys in this great band.

ShinedownPete

Wed, 09/16/2009 - 10:14

Yeah i know my wife was like i am getting a hug lol.

After i took the pic Brent was like can i have another hug lol and hugged her again.

He is real cool and i am glad she loves the same band i do but i have to watch him next time lmao :lol:

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 09/16/2009 - 10:25

lol i was about to say you gotta watch out for him since he was asking for another hug lol. last month when i saw the guys after we took our pic together with the band my wife was touching zach's hair she was really happy cuz she got to touch it. she said it was so soft lol. before the show we saw him again walking around and asked him to pose for pics with us he did. and my wife posed for another pic with him and hugged him. she really took a liking to zach. so ill have to keep an eye on her too lol.

ShinedownPete

Wed, 09/16/2009 - 10:33

All about being a Rockstar lol.

Brent owes me a shot of Patron for next time lol he said he had a sinus infection but next time he said he would for sure.

At least the guys had Emma from Sick Puppies to ask for a hug lol

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 09/16/2009 - 10:39

lol yup. pretty cool shot of patron sounds good. yeah when we saw them they were on the stimulate this so the guys had lzzy to ask for hugs from but i wasn't able to stay long enough to wait for the guys after the show. that's why i bought us VIP tickets so we had a for sure meet and greet with them. lol

[quote="merkjr"]yeah well i am his wife at heart. hahaha.[/quote]

EXXXCCCUUUUUSSSEEEEEEE me?!?!?! I do believe the line for "I am Zach's wife" starts with me and Rita too!!!!!

It all about Meyers Mob!!!!!!!

ya know I love ya, right Karen!?!?!?!

You mean to tell me you don't know where you're from???LMAO!! Love ya Babe... :lol:

The things we do as Shinedown fans.
After working 6 hrs on Monday left work grabbed the wife and headed to Madison, WI for a 2 hr drive.
We rocked out to all the bands playing and then a cd of all the oldies.
As we got there we saw the tour buses and knew we found the place.

Very old theater that still plays movies and smelled of popcorn.

We decided to go to the top level and see them from there but i spotted Lorilee down below and told the wife i can't sit for a Shinedown show so we went down and met her.
Amazing to meet a fellow Nation member.

We were right on the rail were Eric would be playing later in our face.
The place is know to be haunted and at times plauged bands there.

First band on was Adelita's way great band opening band and i knew all there songs but had to deal with some little girls screaming like they were the Beatles lol.
Wife was dealing with a Migrane and sat down for the next 2 bands.

Cavo came on but were hit by the ghost of the theater and there setlist was cut to 4 songs but they did play Champange to close.

Sick Puppies were next and they were amazing as always and Emma can sure slap a bass :lol: they seemed not as tight but i think this had to do with being first night of the tour.

Then the wait for Shinedown and my wife came back over to the rail and claimed her spot.
They opened with Sound of Madness and the place exploded.
By far the most energy i have seen at there show and this is my 15 one.
The place was packed and every one was dripping wet.
Brent saw this and must have tossed 50 bottles of water to everyone including one that we caught.
Later in the show Zach was playing right in front of us and was playing the guitar with Barry drum stick and saw us and bent down to give us the stick.

My wife held on to it with her life lol and everyone around us gave us high fives.
Later in the show Brent came by us with a towel he wiped he drenched hair and face with and personal gave it to me and the wife.
All through the show at least 3 to 4 times he pointed to us with his approval.

Lorilee had some little candles we lit up for ( Save me ) the worked by battery's.

For the Encore the theater lit up the house lights or maybe the ghost lol and Brent was like were not stopping so keep them lit and launched into 2nd chance and Devour.
They stayed on stage for a good 10 min throwing stuff out and thanking us for being there when Brent came over and point at Lorilee and gave her the setlist.

After the show we met with the bands of Adelita's way, Cave and Sick puppies before we walked around the building to Shinedown's busses.

Brent came out and was cool as hell as he always is and Eric came out after him and signed everyone's stuff.
Also met Zach's girlfriend and she was so sweet and kind.

Did not meet Zach or Barry i guess they have friends from there and were hanging with them but overall an amazing show.
Drove back 3 hrs and was home at 3:30 am then off to work.

For sure if you get a chance to meet a fellow Nation member do it.
So thank you Lorilee for our meet and greet with you lol.

Phew i am done

comments

:( Sorry to hear you are still ill mollie, hope you get better soon.

OH MY BAD!!!!!

This cold is killing me...........nyquil and shinedown....take me away!!!!!

[quote="mollie"]If it includes me, Zach, Eric, Brent and Bear....get outta my head....

Note to self: wine + nyquil = scary posting.... :twisted: :oops: :lol:[/quote]Hey, you forgot about us!!! :twisted:

If it includes me, Zach, Eric, Brent and Bear....get outta my head....

Note to self: wine + nyquil = scary posting.... :twisted: :oops: :lol:

I just got a really naughty picture in my mind... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

[quote="mollie"][quote="merkjr"]yeah well i am his wife at heart. hahaha.[/quote]

EXXXCCCUUUUUSSSEEEEEEE me?!?!?! I do believe the line for "I am Zach's wife" starts with me and Rita too!!!!!

ya know I love ya, right Karen!?!?!?![/quote]

Lol yeah you gotta share sista!!

I could be Z's mum, i'm about double his age. But he's sooo freaking adorable. :oops: :twisted: :D

Love you too Karen<3

@Plizano great review, i'm glad you and your wife had a great time.

Patron means ( the boss ) in spanish

Yeah that would have been to perfect that's why when he told the crowd to meet him for a shot i was like i am there lol i even asked him but hey next time for sure being he got a extra hug from Jen lmao

Hey Plizano...that would have been TOO perfect!! My sister's father-in-law's nickname is "the Patron" doesn't that mean father or something??

Yes definately :)

Well it is funny because sometime friends of my call me Patron Pete because i love that stuff.

So when he said that i was like right on.
Next time for sure and will get a pic of it lol

A shot of patron...lucky you :)

You mean to tell me you don't know where you're from???LMAO!! Love ya Babe... :lol:

[quote="merkjr"]yeah well i am his wife at heart. hahaha.[/quote]

ya know I love ya, right Karen!?!?!?!

lol yup. pretty cool shot of patron sounds good. yeah when we saw them they were on the stimulate this so the guys had lzzy to ask for hugs from but i wasn't able to stay long enough to wait for the guys after the show. that's why i bought us VIP tickets so we had a for sure meet and greet with them. lol

All about being a Rockstar lol.

Brent owes me a shot of Patron for next time lol he said he had a sinus infection but next time he said he would for sure.

At least the guys had Emma from Sick Puppies to ask for a hug lol

lol i was about to say you gotta watch out for him since he was asking for another hug lol. last month when i saw the guys after we took our pic together with the band my wife was touching zach's hair she was really happy cuz she got to touch it. she said it was so soft lol. before the show we saw him again walking around and asked him to pose for pics with us he did. and my wife posed for another pic with him and hugged him. she really took a liking to zach. so ill have to keep an eye on her too lol.

Yeah i know my wife was like i am getting a hug lol.

After i took the pic Brent was like can i have another hug lol and hugged her again.

He is real cool and i am glad she loves the same band i do but i have to watch him next time lmao :lol:

those are some good lookin pics plizano. your wife was really happy to see brent. you can definately see the love expressed for the guys in this great band.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30730360&l=48d4139ee1&id=11973389…

Not sure if this works first time trying to post pics.

wow really nice pics. one happy SD Nation Family.

so am i... but i dont want to say that now... i feel like i'm stealing what you said. haha sorry.... haha.

[quote="lorilee"]I'll post more - sorry I can't get them to show up. Help ...anyone?? :lol:[/quote]

use the "[img]" one?

[quote="lorilee"]quote]Well, excuse me, maybe you better tell her that.[/quote]

ahhh. zach said that. i'm not making things up.

I'll post more - sorry I can't get them to show up. Help ...anyone?? :lol:

[quote="Themindisaweapon"]loved reading also. AMAZING! it kinda makes me want to cry... haha..

:)[/quote]Well, excuse me, maybe you better tell her that.
don't mean to be snotty, but I was talking to her not Twitter or some website. I think he calls her "the wife" figuratively. :)

haha is there a guy saluting or something in the background of your pic?

WOW~LOVE the pix!!!!!!!!

So awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote="plizano"]

[/quote]

oh.. well Zach's said he's married to her many times on twitter and it says he's married on FB. hmmm.

P.S. on the concert review.

Two things i saw that they have not done.

One was when they did ( Call me ) at the end of the song he sang
" Honey i am on my way home " like 2 or 3 times and i know that is not at the end of the song so cool to hear a different ending.

Also they did a prelude to Burning bright that was amazing.
I would have caught it on video but secruity was not letting it happen.

Hey Mollie no i never heard of that site.
Just do this, facebook and myspace but the only person i have on there is Zach lol.

Lorilee & Destiny i will be posting my pics on facebook have some good ones with Eric for you two stalkers lol j/k

loved reading also. AMAZING! it kinda makes me want to cry... haha..

:)

[quote="plizano"]Pleasure was all ours.

Amazing night for sure[/quote]Meeting you guys and hangin' out was mos def one of the highlights of the night. You are both so nice and lots of fun! Great taste in music, I might add!!lol I'm really glad that you live kinda close! We gotta hook up with NoMoreLove for the next one!!!

HEY Plizano...I've been meaning to ask....do you ever post at fansoflive.com????

I have so lost my mind, thanks to SD, but I think I do bemember seeing you there....

Pleasure was all ours.

Amazing night for sure

Wow Plizano, great review...Mine was @ 2:00 in the morning from the hotel..I couldn't wait!! It was not as concise, so I really enjoyed your's. It was so amazing to meet you and your wife, you both are truly worthy of the Shinedown Nation!!! Lot's of good people surrounding these guys, true everybody?? :D

We will be sure to pass the love along to the guys and let them know that the Nation is loud, proud and all about US AND THEM!!!!

It was funny the first 3 bands my wife was like i am not sure i will make it with her Migrane but sure enough Shinedown came on and when the show was over i asked how's your head she said it was gone.
Healing power of music lol.

That's awesome 10 Nation meeting up.
Be cool if one day a big group can go together in the midwest region.

Great review, Plizano! So happy that fellow Nationers are being honored! Love that this is THEIR tour! Can't wait for next Tuesday when it's SEATTLE's turn again! There'll be at least 10 of us together for that one!

Wow, what an awesome review, loved reading that! So glad you got to meet each oother...i also like in the start how you say 'grabbed the wife' :lol: 15th show? :o wow....i hope i get to go to that manY! Never wash that towel! :lol: