Looking for early tour website

• Looking for early tour website
    BanishedForever

Anyone have any good sites for any tour or concert listing info? It seems like I always hear about shows I want to see either from some radio station giving away tickets (which usually means they are on sale or sold out) or I find out just before or after tickets go on sale for a show. Trolling ticket sites seems to not always get the job done for some reason.. I'm looking for more the early info or rumor sites.

Submitted by BanishedForever on
Forum category
Is pro
No

d_eicholz

Thu, 04/14/2011 - 06:44

I use local radio stations. Rock stations always have an upcoming concert calendar page. Also, many allow you to join an email list and send emails when new shows are announced. Depending on where you live and how far you are willing to travel for a concert, i'd advise finding several radio station websites, each to cover a different area. For example, i'm from southwest minnesota. I use a station from minneapolis to find concerts in the twin cities area. I also use stations in Sioux Falls, Rochester, and Des Moines to cover all the area around me.

Another site i recently found which usually has concerts a day or two before radio stations is called Killer Tours. It doesn't let you specify what kind of music you are looking for but it only posts rock, hard rock, metal and similar. Shinedown and similar bands are on the soft end of what they post. Most on there is not relevant to what i like but it is still a nice website to check every couple days. They also have added a "New Shows" tab. Each time a concert is announced it is put under that tab for a few days so if you check every couple days you don't need to look through the entire list, just check under new shows. All you need to do is put in your zip code and set how far of a radius from you you want it to check. I have mine set for 99 miles as that is the most it will go. I kind of wish it would go further but 99 is pretty good. Here's the link http://www.killertours.com/home/

Anyone have any good sites for any tour or concert listing info? It seems like I always hear about shows I want to see either from some radio station giving away tickets (which usually means they are on sale or sold out) or I find out just before or after tickets go on sale for a show. Trolling ticket sites seems to not always get the job done for some reason.. I'm looking for more the early info or rumor sites.

comments

I use local radio stations. Rock stations always have an upcoming concert calendar page. Also, many allow you to join an email list and send emails when new shows are announced. Depending on where you live and how far you are willing to travel for a concert, i'd advise finding several radio station websites, each to cover a different area. For example, i'm from southwest minnesota. I use a station from minneapolis to find concerts in the twin cities area. I also use stations in Sioux Falls, Rochester, and Des Moines to cover all the area around me.

Another site i recently found which usually has concerts a day or two before radio stations is called Killer Tours. It doesn't let you specify what kind of music you are looking for but it only posts rock, hard rock, metal and similar. Shinedown and similar bands are on the soft end of what they post. Most on there is not relevant to what i like but it is still a nice website to check every couple days. They also have added a "New Shows" tab. Each time a concert is announced it is put under that tab for a few days so if you check every couple days you don't need to look through the entire list, just check under new shows. All you need to do is put in your zip code and set how far of a radius from you you want it to check. I have mine set for 99 miles as that is the most it will go. I kind of wish it would go further but 99 is pretty good. Here's the link http://www.killertours.com/home/