Live DVD-lets set this up

• Live DVD-lets set this up
    JRichman

Ok I see the last show is aug. 27 so we have to get moving if we think we can make this happen.I'm not much of a leader so if someone wants to set up a day for everyone to e-mail for a live dvd I'm sure we will have a lot of people on board.I'm thinking that we should also include all the regular SD.com followers to bulk it up.Please any suggestions would be appreciated.
    P.S. I know its a $ situation also. I am willing to donate what I can.

Submitted by JRichman on
Forum category
Is pro
No

[quote="jayrbk1"]Ok I see the last show is aug. 27 so we have to get moving if we think we can make this happen.I'm not much of a leader so if someone wants to set up a day for everyone to e-mail for a live dvd I'm sure we will have a lot of people on board.I'm thinking that we should also include all the regular SD.com followers to bulk it up.Please any suggestions would be appreciated.
P.S. I know its a $ situation also. I am willing to donate what I can.[/quote] So when we have the sig's? Do we present it to the guys? or how? I'm in and btw I can tell the guys tuesday night if u like.

ShinedownChica

Thu, 08/05/2010 - 22:32

yeah im definitely in for this idea.... ill bring up the idea to brent quick while the guys are signing

They were asked this in one of the live chats and said it's not going to happen - they were pretty upfront about it saying it was not financially lucrative. That's when Brent said for the fans to bring their cameras and shoot it themselves. It just sucks b/c fans from all the bands in COM would buy it not just the SD fans and they could load it up w/interviews, backstage footage etc.

Not only that, but the security guard was a real stickler on NOT letting us shoot video. Like Dave and I got yelled at a few times, and not once was I actually videotaping. Just because I'm holding my camera up for more than 2 secs didn't mean I was videotaping. So yeah, I'll have to deal with what youtube has. Although, there probably is enough footage on youtube to make a dvd...

In Orlando I was allowed to shoot vids of 10 Years and POM from the rail but when I tried to do it for SD I was told "No" then I see vids surface on YouTube from other people not too far off from where I was - I don't get it?

I get what Brent was saying and all, but lets be real no one will shoot professional quality vids like we could get on a DVD - w/o camera movement, people talking/singing, heads in the way etc. Still, I can't complain I had a great time at COM and will always have those memories in my head! :wink:

ShinedownChica

Sun, 08/08/2010 - 18:49

yeah i wish there would be a live dvd, but pixie's right, i'll always have the memories too! i actually took my time trying to follow Brent when the lights went out and was gonna run from my seat when he came into the crowd for simple man, but he stayed on the stage and a few members from all the bands were playing dice on the stage? I was confused on that 1...

Well we've been proven wrong b/c Zach tweeted they are filming the DVD at the Washington show. Maybe they heard our pleas! :wink:

I just saw that on the main site. That's pretty cool!! Now we can have our very own dvds of the CoM. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing and and they just made me happier :)

Yesssssss finally a freakin COM dvd .The shinedown nation have been trying to get this done forever and now the last date on the tour we got some acknowledgement as to if their was even going to be one.GOOOOOO SHINEDOWN so excited!!!!!!! wish I could be there for the filming.

Awesome now we can watch Shinedown as it is live, now I can enjoy this all winter hopefully winter ya think?

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 08/24/2010 - 09:57

hopefully it will be out soon, since it will be filmed this friday night. sounds like it's goint to be an awesome show.

Does anyone know if this is out yet? I know it was filmed at the last COM show...Can't wait!

Ok I see the last show is aug. 27 so we have to get moving if we think we can make this happen.I'm not much of a leader so if someone wants to set up a day for everyone to e-mail for a live dvd I'm sure we will have a lot of people on board.I'm thinking that we should also include all the regular SD.com followers to bulk it up.Please any suggestions would be appreciated.
P.S. I know its a $ situation also. I am willing to donate what I can.

comments

Does anyone know if this is out yet? I know it was filmed at the last COM show...Can't wait!

hopefully it will be out soon, since it will be filmed this friday night. sounds like it's goint to be an awesome show.

Awesome now we can watch Shinedown as it is live, now I can enjoy this all winter hopefully winter ya think?

Yesssssss finally a freakin COM dvd .The shinedown nation have been trying to get this done forever and now the last date on the tour we got some acknowledgement as to if their was even going to be one.GOOOOOO SHINEDOWN so excited!!!!!!! wish I could be there for the filming.

I just saw that on the main site. That's pretty cool!! Now we can have our very own dvds of the CoM. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing and and they just made me happier :)

Well we've been proven wrong b/c Zach tweeted they are filming the DVD at the Washington show. Maybe they heard our pleas! :wink:

yeah i wish there would be a live dvd, but pixie's right, i'll always have the memories too! i actually took my time trying to follow Brent when the lights went out and was gonna run from my seat when he came into the crowd for simple man, but he stayed on the stage and a few members from all the bands were playing dice on the stage? I was confused on that 1...

In Orlando I was allowed to shoot vids of 10 Years and POM from the rail but when I tried to do it for SD I was told "No" then I see vids surface on YouTube from other people not too far off from where I was - I don't get it?

I get what Brent was saying and all, but lets be real no one will shoot professional quality vids like we could get on a DVD - w/o camera movement, people talking/singing, heads in the way etc. Still, I can't complain I had a great time at COM and will always have those memories in my head! :wink:

Not only that, but the security guard was a real stickler on NOT letting us shoot video. Like Dave and I got yelled at a few times, and not once was I actually videotaping. Just because I'm holding my camera up for more than 2 secs didn't mean I was videotaping. So yeah, I'll have to deal with what youtube has. Although, there probably is enough footage on youtube to make a dvd...

They were asked this in one of the live chats and said it's not going to happen - they were pretty upfront about it saying it was not financially lucrative. That's when Brent said for the fans to bring their cameras and shoot it themselves. It just sucks b/c fans from all the bands in COM would buy it not just the SD fans and they could load it up w/interviews, backstage footage etc.

yeah im definitely in for this idea.... ill bring up the idea to brent quick while the guys are signing

Re: Live DVD-lets set this up

[quote="jayrbk1"]Ok I see the last show is aug. 27 so we have to get moving if we think we can make this happen.I'm not much of a leader so if someone wants to set up a day for everyone to e-mail for a live dvd I'm sure we will have a lot of people on board.I'm thinking that we should also include all the regular SD.com followers to bulk it up.Please any suggestions would be appreciated.
P.S. I know its a $ situation also. I am willing to donate what I can.[/quote] So when we have the sig's? Do we present it to the guys? or how? I'm in and btw I can tell the guys tuesday night if u like.