Little help Shinedown Family

• Little help Shinedown Family
    ryno3216

Alright, I thought I was going to be able to do this on my own, but I'm a little torn on what to do.

My mother has Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, which is cancer of the lymph-nodes and this is now going to be her 3rd time fighting, starts chemo today. I really want to get the Lymphoma Awareness Ribbon tattooed w/ a Shinedown lyric because Shinedown obvioulsy helps ease the mind and hell, she likes them too haha.

I was thinking from I Dare You..."Even in Madness, I Know You Still Believe"

I dunno...any other suggestions would be a positive!! hell even a design. The ribbon is a Lime Green.

Submitted by ryno3216 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

inked4life

Fri, 09/17/2010 - 11:51

Great lyric. I am not a master at designing artwork anymore. So it would probably be best to take a piece of reference of the ribbon and the lyric and let the artist come up with something. That, in my opinion, is what they are there for anyways.

ShinedownChica

Sat, 09/18/2010 - 02:17

I think that is a perfect choice for a lyric... and im so sorry that your mom has to go through this and i wish you both the best

I've been trying to think of what lyrics would work, but I think it should come from you, as you have certain associations. I think the whole idea is great though and I wish your mom the best of luck and good health through this.

inked4life

Sat, 09/18/2010 - 11:10

Yeah, I agree with aromaine. The lyric means something to you. You should get whatever you want as long as it means what you want it to represent.

I'm very sorry for what you're all have to go through.
Great lyric for a tattoo.

_blessmy4

Sat, 09/18/2010 - 22:59

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I went thru a long illness with my mother, I got a tattoo for her as well.

I think you need to go with your heart on this one. You are the one that has all the feelings and emotions for your mom. I like what you picked but I also like "Shed Some Light", there are some great lyrics in that song!!

Good luck with everything, make sure you keep us updated!!

Thanks for all the help and kind words. Things went well in treatment this week, now have to wait another 3 until the next one. I went last night and gave it to the artist who did my other tat and I think it's going to look really cool, I told him about it and he said he was gonna make it look sharp and he's well known. Getting it done next Friday, I'll def take a pic and post it for you guys.

Good to hear about your mom, and definitely post the tattoo. I love seeing them :)

Alright, I thought I was going to be able to do this on my own, but I'm a little torn on what to do.

My mother has Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, which is cancer of the lymph-nodes and this is now going to be her 3rd time fighting, starts chemo today. I really want to get the Lymphoma Awareness Ribbon tattooed w/ a Shinedown lyric because Shinedown obvioulsy helps ease the mind and hell, she likes them too haha.

I was thinking from I Dare You..."Even in Madness, I Know You Still Believe"

I dunno...any other suggestions would be a positive!! hell even a design. The ribbon is a Lime Green.

comments

Good to hear about your mom, and definitely post the tattoo. I love seeing them :)

Thanks for all the help and kind words. Things went well in treatment this week, now have to wait another 3 until the next one. I went last night and gave it to the artist who did my other tat and I think it's going to look really cool, I told him about it and he said he was gonna make it look sharp and he's well known. Getting it done next Friday, I'll def take a pic and post it for you guys.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I went thru a long illness with my mother, I got a tattoo for her as well.

I think you need to go with your heart on this one. You are the one that has all the feelings and emotions for your mom. I like what you picked but I also like "Shed Some Light", there are some great lyrics in that song!!

Good luck with everything, make sure you keep us updated!!

I'm very sorry for what you're all have to go through.
Great lyric for a tattoo.

Yeah, I agree with aromaine. The lyric means something to you. You should get whatever you want as long as it means what you want it to represent.

I've been trying to think of what lyrics would work, but I think it should come from you, as you have certain associations. I think the whole idea is great though and I wish your mom the best of luck and good health through this.

I think that is a perfect choice for a lyric... and im so sorry that your mom has to go through this and i wish you both the best

Great lyric. I am not a master at designing artwork anymore. So it would probably be best to take a piece of reference of the ribbon and the lyric and let the artist come up with something. That, in my opinion, is what they are there for anyways.