Junkies for Fame???

• Junkies for Fame???
    brandon_9010

So, I want to hear your comments on why you think Junkies for Fame did not make the album at all... not even as a bonus track...

Maybe we can create enough buzz that shinedown will give it to us!!! I am very happy with the new album, but I was really looking forward to that song but unfortunately for some reason it didnt make the album. Maybe Brent and the band will give us an answer or make it a special download if its already recorded???

I wanna hear your thought...

Submitted by brandon_9010 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

shinedown_bound

Tue, 06/24/2008 - 01:49

I am very disappointed 'Junkie' didn't make it.

I saw SD 6 days ago & they performed it there...but no explanation was given...

I really thought it would be a bonus track...

I've never even heard the song so yeah I think it should have been on the album. =/

The junkies for fame song was first introduced when Brent and Jasin were in Chattanooga, TN at the Rockin for a Reason event at Club Fathom in April of 2007. It was the acoustic set only but man did it kick ass!

I posted this on the other board, but since some of you aren't there, I asked about Junkies. It was originally supposed to be a Target exclusive, but for some reason it's not anymore. When I asked though, I was told to share this:
"Good things come to those who wait."

Yeah, we may get to hear it sooner or later. That was a good track, surprised they didn't put it on there.

I wish I had more info on it, but that's all that I was told and I had to work for that one. :P

brandon_9010

Tue, 06/24/2008 - 14:24

Thats awesome and lame at the same time! haha

I want the song now! but at least we will hopefully see it in the near future ;)
They will probably rerelease the cd later this year with like 4 more songs... maybe acoustic. Just like they did for "Leave a whisper". Simple man and 45 Acoustic werent on the original version, but they rereleased it I think a year later.

I love the new album and cant stop listening to it... but, I would really like to have Junkies For Fame! haha

Well I Got A Candle.

Tue, 06/24/2008 - 17:55

Like it was said on shinedowns other version, brent and zach said it was on the deluxe edition at Target, but well it will eventually come is what everyone is saying now ;)

so we will hear it, and yes it should have been on there over Devour!

I'm sad it didn't make it but not disappointed since the album itself was truly amazing

brandon_9010

Tue, 06/24/2008 - 23:16

I think they should give it to us NOW!!! maybe as a fan club exclusive download!!!!!!!!!!

CMON SHINEDOWN!

[quote="brandon"]I think they should give it to us NOW!!! maybe as a fan club exclusive download!!!!!!!!!!

CMON SHINEDOWN![/quote]

haha

well since they said

"good things come to those who wait."

they might :P

[quote="fenderguitars777"]"Fan Club Exclusive" is hopefully the key word.[/quote]

This :P

brandon_9010

Tue, 06/24/2008 - 23:48

[quote="artemisfowl"][quote="brandon"]I think they should give it to us NOW!!! maybe as a fan club exclusive download!!!!!!!!!!

CMON SHINEDOWN![/quote]

haha

well since they said

they might :P[/quote]

I wanna listen to it with the CD!!! this is crazy how excited im getting over this... I just really want that song! they should make more ringtones too

tanbull_9748

Wed, 06/25/2008 - 00:41

It will get released sometime hopefully. It is too good of a track to just get thrown out. Plus, Brent told me it was supposed to be a Target exclusive as well, and I guess the band doesnt know that it isnt anymore.

[quote="fenderguitars777"][quote="artemisfowl"][quote="fenderguitars777"]"Fan Club Exclusive" is hopefully the key word.[/quote]

This :P[/quote]

This...

...is like the third time I saw you quote something and say nothing but "this" :D[/quote]

I usually say "Yes, this."

there was a new interview with Barry tuesday, and he said that it would be released but might not necessarily be on a disc and that he wasn't allowed to say much else

brandon_9010

Wed, 06/25/2008 - 09:42

[quote="yuke15"]there was a new interview with Barry tuesday, and he said that it would be released but might not necessarily be on a disc and that he wasn't allowed to say much else[/quote]

Sweet, so that basically means its going to be a digital download.... Hopefully you dont have to buy like the entire album again on itunes to get it.. I would, just to have that song, but I just want the song, I already have the album..

[quote="fenderguitars777"][quote="brandon"][quote="yuke15"]there was a new interview with Barry tuesday, and he said that it would be released but might not necessarily be on a disc and that he wasn't allowed to say much else[/quote]

Sweet, so that basically means its going to be a digital download.... Hopefully you dont have to buy like the entire album again on itunes to get it.. I would, just to have that song, but I just want the song, I already have the album..[/quote]

You can still buy individual songs on iTunes though, you dont have to pay for the whole album.[/quote]Not necessarily... some times the bonus songs are album only purchases.

synneraboveall

Wed, 06/25/2008 - 16:47

[quote="melle"]I wish I had more info on it, but that's all that I was told and I had to work for that one. :P[/quote]

hehehe...you worked for something...lol

xXDivineDemonXx

Wed, 06/25/2008 - 19:06

[quote="tawnee"]I've never even heard the song so yeah I think it should have been on the album. =/[/quote]
i know i've never heard it either

brandon_9010

Wed, 06/25/2008 - 19:24

[quote="kalthax"][quote="tawnee"]I've never even heard the song so yeah I think it should have been on the album. =/[/quote]
i know i've never heard it either[/quote]

For all those who have not heard the song yet... heres an acoustic live version
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JrGUGUkFKhQ

After you watch that, then come back and share your thought and vote. I can guarantee that after you watch this, you will understand all the speculation on "Junkies for fame" and why we want it so bad! ;)

cody_8970

Wed, 06/25/2008 - 20:50

[quote="brandon"][quote="kalthax"][quote="tawnee"]I've never even heard the song so yeah I think it should have been on the album. =/[/quote]

After you watch that, then come back and share your thought and vote. I can guarantee that after you watch this, you will understand all the speculation on "Junkies for fame" and why we want it so bad! ;)[/quote]

Well, I started to watch it and my thoughts are: Jesus christ, someone shut up the chick screaming next to the camera. =(

brandon_9010

Wed, 06/25/2008 - 21:56

Well, I started to watch it and my thoughts are: Jesus christ, someone shut up the chick screaming next to the camera. =([/quote]

lol I know right... but did you listen to the song?

brandon_9010

Thu, 06/26/2008 - 10:14

me too ;) thats why I want it so bad!

better_version6287

Thu, 06/26/2008 - 17:00

I have actually heard it live a few times and I do have to say that I thought it would definately make the cd. I guess now we have to wait to get the song and hopefully not too long.

well hopefully we'll end up getting it as a shinedown nation exclusive track

any new song by shinedown is a good thing
i'm waiting.... waiting.... still waiting.. well 14 others will have to do for now

bleedingink

Thu, 06/26/2008 - 17:28

Sinners want some more.......I'm willing to buy another cd for this song. It would be nice to have both versions of the song though. Maybe the wait won't be much longer.

They did play this song in Atlanta just a little over a week ago...

So, I want to hear your comments on why you think Junkies for Fame did not make the album at all... not even as a bonus track...

Maybe we can create enough buzz that shinedown will give it to us!!! I am very happy with the new album, but I was really looking forward to that song but unfortunately for some reason it didnt make the album. Maybe Brent and the band will give us an answer or make it a special download if its already recorded???

I wanna hear your thought...

comments

its cool they released it on rockband, but not everyone has 350 bucks for a game system and then another 150 for rockband, oh and then however much it costs for the download haha and dont you have to have xbox live too? even more money....

im not whining, but for all the ppl who dont have and cant afford these things, i think they should release it as a single like on itunes or something. im sick of trying to steal it and getting shitty versions haha id rather pay a dollar and get the masterpiece! ; )

whos with me? haha

don' t know if anyone knows this but the song was released to Rockband as a downloadable content. its bad ass you can hear the full thing on Youtube.

Did someone say "single"?

Junkies For Fame

I watched the video.....

I like the song...

I really do.....

But - I think it was probably a good idea to leave it off of the official release of Sound of Madness. It really would not have fit in with the final crop of songs from a continuity standpoint. It is simply on a different level. The final cut of songs are a bit deeper and artistic. They all fit together. This song would have stuck out as a bit of pop culture in terms of content. This song has the potential to "date" the album where the other songs seem a bit more timeless.

AGAIN.. Let me stress - I LIKED THIS SONG A LOT!

I just agree with the decision to hold it out.

[quote="scooter92mo"]I got to admit I thought this may be their lead single at the time I heard it. I first heard this tune on ST PATS day 2007 in Rolla Mo and it was something. I was suprised to say the least it was included[/quote]

I was at that show...they opened up with Junkies For Fame...that was so bad ass..I loved it!!!!!

I got to admit I thought this may be their lead single at the time I heard it. I first heard this tune on ST PATS day 2007 in Rolla Mo and it was something. I was suprised to say the least it was included

Well I think they should release it to us because they screwed us out of our autographs haha. I would be happy with another song versus autographs I can get when they are on tour ;)

[quote="fenderguitars777"]They better release it as fan club only.[/quote]

I think they will. But only in due time since they're busy!

They did play this song in Atlanta just a little over a week ago...

Sinners want some more.......I'm willing to buy another cd for this song. It would be nice to have both versions of the song though. Maybe the wait won't be much longer.

any new song by shinedown is a good thing
i'm waiting.... waiting.... still waiting.. well 14 others will have to do for now

well hopefully we'll end up getting it as a shinedown nation exclusive track

I have actually heard it live a few times and I do have to say that I thought it would definately make the cd. I guess now we have to wait to get the song and hopefully not too long.

me too ;) thats why I want it so bad!

here is a much, much, much better version of it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pHm4dWnqoNI

Well, I started to watch it and my thoughts are: Jesus christ, someone shut up the chick screaming next to the camera. =([/quote]

lol I know right... but did you listen to the song?

[quote="brandon"][quote="kalthax"][quote="tawnee"]I've never even heard the song so yeah I think it should have been on the album. =/[/quote]

After you watch that, then come back and share your thought and vote. I can guarantee that after you watch this, you will understand all the speculation on "Junkies for fame" and why we want it so bad! ;)[/quote]

Well, I started to watch it and my thoughts are: Jesus christ, someone shut up the chick screaming next to the camera. =(

[quote="kalthax"][quote="tawnee"]I've never even heard the song so yeah I think it should have been on the album. =/[/quote]

After you watch that, then come back and share your thought and vote. I can guarantee that after you watch this, you will understand all the speculation on "Junkies for fame" and why we want it so bad! ;)

[quote="tawnee"]I've never even heard the song so yeah I think it should have been on the album. =/[/quote]
i know i've never heard it either

[quote="melle"]I wish I had more info on it, but that's all that I was told and I had to work for that one. :P[/quote]

hehehe...you worked for something...lol

[quote="fenderguitars777"][quote="brandon"][quote="yuke15"]there was a new interview with Barry tuesday, and he said that it would be released but might not necessarily be on a disc and that he wasn't allowed to say much else[/quote]

Sweet, so that basically means its going to be a digital download.... Hopefully you dont have to buy like the entire album again on itunes to get it.. I would, just to have that song, but I just want the song, I already have the album..[/quote]

You can still buy individual songs on iTunes though, you dont have to pay for the whole album.[/quote]Not necessarily... some times the bonus songs are album only purchases.

[quote="yuke15"]there was a new interview with Barry tuesday, and he said that it would be released but might not necessarily be on a disc and that he wasn't allowed to say much else[/quote]

Sweet, so that basically means its going to be a digital download.... Hopefully you dont have to buy like the entire album again on itunes to get it.. I would, just to have that song, but I just want the song, I already have the album..

there was a new interview with Barry tuesday, and he said that it would be released but might not necessarily be on a disc and that he wasn't allowed to say much else

[quote="fenderguitars777"][quote="artemisfowl"][quote="fenderguitars777"]"Fan Club Exclusive" is hopefully the key word.[/quote]

This :P[/quote]

This...

...is like the third time I saw you quote something and say nothing but "this" :D[/quote]

I usually say "Yes, this."

It will get released sometime hopefully. It is too good of a track to just get thrown out. Plus, Brent told me it was supposed to be a Target exclusive as well, and I guess the band doesnt know that it isnt anymore.

[quote="artemisfowl"][quote="brandon"]I think they should give it to us NOW!!! maybe as a fan club exclusive download!!!!!!!!!!

CMON SHINEDOWN![/quote]

haha

well since they said

they might :P[/quote]

I wanna listen to it with the CD!!! this is crazy how excited im getting over this... I just really want that song! they should make more ringtones too

[quote="fenderguitars777"]"Fan Club Exclusive" is hopefully the key word.[/quote]

This :P

[quote="brandon"]I think they should give it to us NOW!!! maybe as a fan club exclusive download!!!!!!!!!!

CMON SHINEDOWN![/quote]

haha

well since they said

they might :P

I think they should give it to us NOW!!! maybe as a fan club exclusive download!!!!!!!!!!

CMON SHINEDOWN!

I'm sad it didn't make it but not disappointed since the album itself was truly amazing

Like it was said on shinedowns other version, brent and zach said it was on the deluxe edition at Target, but well it will eventually come is what everyone is saying now ;)

so we will hear it, and yes it should have been on there over Devour!

Thats awesome and lame at the same time! haha

I want the song now! but at least we will hopefully see it in the near future ;)
They will probably rerelease the cd later this year with like 4 more songs... maybe acoustic. Just like they did for "Leave a whisper". Simple man and 45 Acoustic werent on the original version, but they rereleased it I think a year later.

I love the new album and cant stop listening to it... but, I would really like to have Junkies For Fame! haha

I wish I had more info on it, but that's all that I was told and I had to work for that one. :P

Yeah, we may get to hear it sooner or later. That was a good track, surprised they didn't put it on there.

I posted this on the other board, but since some of you aren't there, I asked about Junkies. It was originally supposed to be a Target exclusive, but for some reason it's not anymore. When I asked though, I was told to share this:
"Good things come to those who wait."

when junkies for fame was first introduced

The junkies for fame song was first introduced when Brent and Jasin were in Chattanooga, TN at the Rockin for a Reason event at Club Fathom in April of 2007. It was the acoustic set only but man did it kick ass!

I've never even heard the song so yeah I think it should have been on the album. =/

I am very disappointed 'Junkie' didn't make it.

I saw SD 6 days ago & they performed it there...but no explanation was given...

I really thought it would be a bonus track...