Interview with Barry.

• Interview with Barry.
    siouxI61

I don't know if this has been posted before, but i liked it.

Shinedown
    Barry Kerch

interviewed by: Paul Chapinal, Andy Snipper

Shinedown is an American hard rock band from Jacksonville, Florida, formed in 2001 by Brent Smith, Brad Stewart, Jasin Todd, and Barry Kerch. The band has released three albums on Atlantic Records.

They have released popular singles such as "45", "Save Me", "I Dare You" and "Second Chance." Every single they have released has reached the Top 5 of the Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart.

To date, Shinedown has sold over six million albums worldwide, Music News found time to point some question todrummer Barry Kerch.

Congratulations on the new album. I detected a more intense, harder edge to the songs in the new album, was that a conscious decision? There's a feeling of real fury in some; I

Submitted by siouxI61 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 09/18/2009 - 09:40

i had not seen this thank you very much for sharing this.

dalamar_2

Fri, 09/18/2009 - 11:45

quite fun to read. It's quite entertaining to find out about other's impressions and feelings, beside Brent's.

Those questions were typical UK journalism: sniping with a twist. He dodged the traps admirably.

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 09/18/2009 - 11:46

yeah defianetly barry is very good with his words.

Barry is way too clever for those kinda journalists. :)

destiny453

Fri, 09/18/2009 - 16:17

Ahaha typical UK journalists! :o :o I'm offended! Not...I hate journalists! :lol: Thanks for posting Rita, I think I have saw it before somewhere??

Love Barry! such a genuine dude!

destiny453

Fri, 09/18/2009 - 16:25

He is, we will be talking again soon :) :)

dalamar_2

Fri, 09/18/2009 - 16:44

[quote="destiny453"]Ahaha typical UK journalists! :o :o I'm offended! Not...I hate journalists! :lol: Thanks for posting Rita, I think I have saw it before somewhere??[/quote]

Meh... don't hate. My Brother's a pretty damn good one. He also doesn't work in the UK :) *wink*

destiny453

Fri, 09/18/2009 - 16:46

Yeah but he aint British though...or is he?? :lol: I just don't like journalists I don't know how they like their job! lol

Can I just say I LOVE this band for their humility and the way they care about each other and us!?!?!?!

*big sigh*

Great interview. Barry speaks with such intelligence. They are so humble and really understand what it's all about. Love them all so much!! *double sigh* :)

destiny453

Mon, 09/21/2009 - 10:10

The guys need to be interviewed more often I think :) So we can hear them aswell as look at them :D

xshinedownfreakx

Sun, 11/01/2009 - 09:41

[quote="siouxi"]I don't know if this has been posted before, but i liked it.

Shinedown
Barry Kerch

Shinedown is an American hard rock band from Jacksonville, Florida, formed in 2001 by Brent Smith, Brad Stewart, Jasin Todd, and Barry Kerch. The band has released three albums on Atlantic Records.

They have released popular singles such as "45", "Save Me", "I Dare You" and "Second Chance." Every single they have released has reached the Top 5 of the Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart.

To date, Shinedown has sold over six million albums worldwide, Music News found time to point some question todrummer Barry Kerch.

Congratulations on the new album. I detected a more intense, harder edge to the songs in the new album, was that a conscious decision? There's a feeling of real fury in some; I

AllAmericanDan1

Sun, 11/01/2009 - 10:57

What!?! No jazz fusion record!?! Damn!

Why does no one ever ask Barry if he'll get a damn solo! Give Barry a solo!

starsareforme

Sun, 11/01/2009 - 11:28

[color=indigo]Thanks for posting! Barry is so freaking awesome!!![/color]

xshinedownfreakx

Sun, 11/01/2009 - 20:33

[quote="allamericandan1"]What!?! No jazz fusion record!?! Damn!

Why does no one ever ask Barry if he'll get a damn solo! Give Barry a solo![/quote]barry does need a solo!!!!!! give him a solo!!

starsareforme

Sun, 11/01/2009 - 20:34

[quote="perri"][quote="allamericandan1"]What!?! No jazz fusion record!?! Damn!

Why does no one ever ask Barry if he'll get a damn solo! Give Barry a solo![/quote]barry does need a solo!!!!!! give him a solo!![/quote]

[color=indigo]I LOVE watching Barry play!!! [/color]

xshinedownfreakx

Sun, 11/01/2009 - 20:36

[quote="chell"][quote="perri"][quote="allamericandan1"]What!?! No jazz fusion record!?! Damn!

Why does no one ever ask Barry if he'll get a damn solo! Give Barry a solo![/quote]barry does need a solo!!!!!! give him a solo!![/quote]

[color=indigo]I LOVE watching Barry play!!! [/color][/quote][color=red]omg me too! he's so cool! love his dreads! :)[/color]

starsareforme

Sun, 11/01/2009 - 20:37

[quote="perri"][color=red]omg me too! he's so cool! love his dreads! :)[/color][/quote]

[color=indigo]How long has he been growing them? [/color]

xshinedownfreakx

Sun, 11/01/2009 - 20:40

[quote="chell"][quote="perri"][color=red]omg me too! he's so cool! love his dreads! :)[/color][/quote]

[color=indigo]How long has he been growing them? [/color][/quote][color=red]probably a long time! they were really short in the leave a whisper album! now they r so long! and i dont think they're fake! lol [/color]:)

starsareforme

Sun, 11/01/2009 - 20:47

[color=indigo]No way are they fake. They are the real thing. Whew, I just can't imagine how heavy it must get some days.[/color]

Especially when it's posted twice.

xshinedownfreakx

Sun, 11/01/2009 - 21:30

[quote="chell"][color=indigo]No way are they fake. They are the real thing. Whew, I just can't imagine how heavy it must get some days.[/color][/quote]ikr! they must get really annoying! i just can't imagine now washing ur hair cause i think thts how u get dreads right? u braid ur hair and tease it,then only wash the roots. thts wht my friend told me and he happens to have dreads!

AllAmericanDan1

Sun, 11/01/2009 - 21:43

Giving Barry a solo would add some awesome to the set, and when the solo is over they can roll right into "Call Me" or "Shed Some Light" or even "Simple Man" if they so please to give Barry a rest. Or even start a song like "Second Chance" and when the drum fill comes in roll right into the solo, then finish off Second Chance...

...are you reading this SD? Make it happen!

you guys are going to like BSC set, there's an awesome long drumsolo in it.

[quote="siouxi"]you guys are going to like BSC set, there's an awesome long drumsolo in it.[/quote]

Yes! Mr John Fred Young! His drum solo in London was immense. Especially the part where he leans over his kit and hits the big bass drum. :o

I don't know if this has been posted before, but i liked it.

Shinedown
Barry Kerch

comments

[quote="siouxi"]you guys are going to like BSC set, there's an awesome long drumsolo in it.[/quote]

Yes! Mr John Fred Young! His drum solo in London was immense. Especially the part where he leans over his kit and hits the big bass drum. :o

you guys are going to like BSC set, there's an awesome long drumsolo in it.

Giving Barry a solo would add some awesome to the set, and when the solo is over they can roll right into "Call Me" or "Shed Some Light" or even "Simple Man" if they so please to give Barry a rest. Or even start a song like "Second Chance" and when the drum fill comes in roll right into the solo, then finish off Second Chance...

...are you reading this SD? Make it happen!

[quote="chell"][color=indigo]No way are they fake. They are the real thing. Whew, I just can't imagine how heavy it must get some days.[/color][/quote]ikr! they must get really annoying! i just can't imagine now washing ur hair cause i think thts how u get dreads right? u braid ur hair and tease it,then only wash the roots. thts wht my friend told me and he happens to have dreads!

Especially when it's posted twice.

[color=indigo]No way are they fake. They are the real thing. Whew, I just can't imagine how heavy it must get some days.[/color]

[quote="chell"][quote="perri"][color=red]omg me too! he's so cool! love his dreads! :)[/color][/quote]

[color=indigo]How long has he been growing them? [/color][/quote][color=red]probably a long time! they were really short in the leave a whisper album! now they r so long! and i dont think they're fake! lol [/color]:)

[quote="perri"][color=red]omg me too! he's so cool! love his dreads! :)[/color][/quote]

[color=indigo]How long has he been growing them? [/color]

[quote="chell"][quote="perri"][quote="allamericandan1"]What!?! No jazz fusion record!?! Damn!

[color=indigo]I LOVE watching Barry play!!! [/color][/quote][color=red]omg me too! he's so cool! love his dreads! :)[/color]

[quote="perri"][quote="allamericandan1"]What!?! No jazz fusion record!?! Damn!

[color=indigo]I LOVE watching Barry play!!! [/color]

[quote="allamericandan1"]What!?! No jazz fusion record!?! Damn!

Why does no one ever ask Barry if he'll get a damn solo! Give Barry a solo![/quote]barry does need a solo!!!!!! give him a solo!!

[color=indigo]Thanks for posting! Barry is so freaking awesome!!![/color]

What!?! No jazz fusion record!?! Damn!

Why does no one ever ask Barry if he'll get a damn solo! Give Barry a solo!

Re: Interview with Barry.

[quote="siouxi"]I don't know if this has been posted before, but i liked it.

Shinedown
Barry Kerch

The guys need to be interviewed more often I think :) So we can hear them aswell as look at them :D

Great interview. Barry speaks with such intelligence. They are so humble and really understand what it's all about. Love them all so much!! *double sigh* :)

Can I just say I LOVE this band for their humility and the way they care about each other and us!?!?!?!

*big sigh*

Yeah but he aint British though...or is he?? :lol: I just don't like journalists I don't know how they like their job! lol

[quote="destiny453"]Ahaha typical UK journalists! :o :o I'm offended! Not...I hate journalists! :lol: Thanks for posting Rita, I think I have saw it before somewhere??[/quote]

Meh... don't hate. My Brother's a pretty damn good one. He also doesn't work in the UK :) *wink*

He is, we will be talking again soon :) :)

Love Barry! such a genuine dude!

Ahaha typical UK journalists! :o :o I'm offended! Not...I hate journalists! :lol: Thanks for posting Rita, I think I have saw it before somewhere??

Barry is way too clever for those kinda journalists. :)

yeah defianetly barry is very good with his words.

quite fun to read. It's quite entertaining to find out about other's impressions and feelings, beside Brent's.

Those questions were typical UK journalism: sniping with a twist. He dodged the traps admirably.

i had not seen this thank you very much for sharing this.