ILL State Fair?

• ILL State Fair?
    luvmy3

Who here is going to the concert at the IL state fair? I am going anyone else?

Submitted by luvmy3 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

bobbette78

Thu, 04/29/2010 - 09:20

Yep, I'll be there! And Pete from up near Chicago is coming too with his wife & kids. He's a former SDN member that I keep in contact with on facebook.

[quote="bobbette78"]Yep, I'll be there! And Pete from up near Chicago is coming too with his wife & kids. He's a former SDN member that I keep in contact with on facebook.[/quote]

Were are ya'll seats? I'm going with my mom and her bf but maybe we can meet up?

bobbette78

Thu, 04/29/2010 - 16:37

I got the 'standing room only' section right in front of the stage. :D

bobbette78

Thu, 04/29/2010 - 21:54

I haven't got my ticket yet, though Ticketmaster tells me it was mailed today. I decided to have an actual ticket instead of printing it at home, in case we get to meet the guys so I can have them sign it. Yes, I'm a geek, and plus I forgot to do that at my last show.

:oops:

randomsunkist17

Thu, 04/29/2010 - 22:47

[quote="ladysodevine"]Okay, side topic for a second...can someone tell me why Ticketmaster has to suck so hard? I wasn't given the option to print at home so I chose free mail (told you I was cheap Bobbette!), but then thought about it later that night and decided I didn't trust the mail with my precious cargo. :lol: Found out that Kroger stores are TM outlets (yes, I'm an idiot and didn't know that) and there are a gazillion Krogers in this town. E-mailed TM and asked if I could change to outlet pick up. No prob they said. Long story short (sort of) after 6 fucking visits to 2 different Krogers in the last two weeks I still don't have my tix. Everytime they swipe my card it says there is no order linked to it. They and I have talked to them everytime, but after tonight's visit I was fed up and needless to say they are now sending them via UPS on their dime! Sorry to get off-topic, but I had to vent!
Okay...continue...[/quote]

I didn't know Kroger could do that. Good to know.

[quote="bobbette78"]I got the 'standing room only' section right in front of the stage. :D[/quote]

How did you get SRO??? When did you buy your tix? I'm curious becasue I got mine when they went on sale the 17th but I think I'm up in the grandstand. Was there a fanclub presale before I joined SDN?

[quote="bobbette78"]I got the 'standing room only' section right in front of the stage. :D[/quote]

Hey how early do you think I need to get there to get first crack at being in front of the stage?

bobbette78

Fri, 04/30/2010 - 07:55

I bought my ticket when they went on sale, through the state fair website or ticketmaster. I think I just selected the 'SRO' section to get my ticket. There wasn't any official info on SDN about it, some kind person posted it here on the boards. (Sorry, can't remember who right now, but thank you!!!)

I haven't really thought about what time to get there yet. I haven't been to a show there before so don't know how big the SRO section is. But don't worry, we've got a couple of months and I'm sure we'll get a plan together before the show!! :)

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 04/30/2010 - 10:08

lmao at that last comet "Haley's comet song"? really that's how they remember shinedown lol. I did not know Kroger was a TM outlet that is pretty cool.

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 04/30/2010 - 12:00

lol that was pretty cool. glad you got it resolved and that they are sending you the tickets on their dime.

bobbette78

Sat, 05/01/2010 - 22:53

Hey I got my ticket in the mail today (happy dance anyone??) 8)

And yes, it says SRO and then Row G1 Seat 201. Probably just an internal thing to keep track of the number of SRO tickets.

Now I have to put this in my super-secret ticket hiding place so no one will find it if I'm robbed...bwaahaahaa!!! :lol: (Yes I'm a dork and feeling silly tonight.)

I've not yet got my tix but I have many that I bought that I will probaly be waiting another two weeks lmao. So will be a while before I am doing any dancing. Can't wait to have my tix though. I already have my hotel room booked though.

bobbette78

Sat, 05/01/2010 - 23:49

I love Brent's smile in this pic - that's why I HAD to get it posted. Thanks to Lady for helping me out with that!!

Here's a tip for your M&G pics - ask Brent to smile. He didn't smile in my first pic and I remembered Karen posting that if you remind him then he'll smile. And man, that smile is amazing, so you don't want to miss it!!! :twisted:

randomsunkist17

Sun, 05/02/2010 - 01:10

[quote="ladysodevine"]I'm with Bobbette...bought my tix as soon as they went on sale that morning and got SRO. I checked again the other day, just for shits and giggles, and there were actually still SRO tix available.

Oh, and while I was at Kroger AGAIN last night the girl there said, "Shinedown...don't they sing that Haley's Comet song?" :lol:[/quote]

Lol.

randomsunkist17

Sun, 05/02/2010 - 01:12

[quote="bobbette78"]I love Brent's smile in this pic - that's why I HAD to get it posted. Thanks to Lady for helping me out with that!!

Here's a tip for your M&G pics - ask Brent to smile. He didn't smile in my first pic and I remembered Karen posting that if you remind him then he'll smile. And man, that smile is amazing, so you don't want to miss it!!! :twisted:[/quote]

I'm going to try and make mine as goofy as heck.

[quote="ladysodevine"]Yeah luvmy, need to get our room booked too. If you don't mind me asking, where are y'all staying?

(Bobbette has a picture! :D LOVE Brent's smile!!)[/quote]

I got a room at the Candlewood suites, in Auburn Hills, MI. It's about 10 miles from the venue. And it's cheap which it what I need. If you want the address let me know.

[quote="ladysodevine"]Michigan?! That's a little far away from the Illinois Farigrounds for me to stay! :lol: We must be talking about 2 different shows here. :lol:[/quote]

oops lmao sorry about that, I am getting my concert dates mixed up. For the Ill sate faire I have a hotel room reserved at the Howard Johnson. It's like one or two miles from the fair grounds.

[quote="ladysodevine"][quote="luvmy3"]oops lmao sorry about that, I am getting my concert dates mixed up. For the Ill sate faire I have a hotel room reserved at the Howard Johnson. It's like one or two miles from the fair grounds.[/quote]

LOL No worries! I thought you had mentioned you were also going to another show. :wink: I think we're gonna' book the Ramada North...just up the street from the grounds.

Time for my happy dance!!! :D :D Tickets delivered today! Woo-hoo![/quote]

What day are you comming up for the state fair? I'm comming up the 15th the day early in the day, am also comming with my mom, her bf, and my neice now too. My cousin her bf and possible a third person are also supposed to be comming to the fair also, lol starting to feel like a family reunion.

Who here is going to the concert at the IL state fair? I am going anyone else?

comments

[quote="ladysodevine"][quote="luvmy3"]oops lmao sorry about that, I am getting my concert dates mixed up. For the Ill sate faire I have a hotel room reserved at the Howard Johnson. It's like one or two miles from the fair grounds.[/quote]

LOL No worries! I thought you had mentioned you were also going to another show. :wink: I think we're gonna' book the Ramada North...just up the street from the grounds.

Time for my happy dance!!! :D :D Tickets delivered today! Woo-hoo![/quote]

What day are you comming up for the state fair? I'm comming up the 15th the day early in the day, am also comming with my mom, her bf, and my neice now too. My cousin her bf and possible a third person are also supposed to be comming to the fair also, lol starting to feel like a family reunion.

[quote="ladysodevine"]Michigan?! That's a little far away from the Illinois Farigrounds for me to stay! :lol: We must be talking about 2 different shows here. :lol:[/quote]

oops lmao sorry about that, I am getting my concert dates mixed up. For the Ill sate faire I have a hotel room reserved at the Howard Johnson. It's like one or two miles from the fair grounds.

[quote="ladysodevine"]Yeah luvmy, need to get our room booked too. If you don't mind me asking, where are y'all staying?

(Bobbette has a picture! :D LOVE Brent's smile!!)[/quote]

I got a room at the Candlewood suites, in Auburn Hills, MI. It's about 10 miles from the venue. And it's cheap which it what I need. If you want the address let me know.

[quote="bobbette78"]I love Brent's smile in this pic - that's why I HAD to get it posted. Thanks to Lady for helping me out with that!!

Here's a tip for your M&G pics - ask Brent to smile. He didn't smile in my first pic and I remembered Karen posting that if you remind him then he'll smile. And man, that smile is amazing, so you don't want to miss it!!! :twisted:[/quote]

I'm going to try and make mine as goofy as heck.

[quote="ladysodevine"]I'm with Bobbette...bought my tix as soon as they went on sale that morning and got SRO. I checked again the other day, just for shits and giggles, and there were actually still SRO tix available.

Oh, and while I was at Kroger AGAIN last night the girl there said, "Shinedown...don't they sing that Haley's Comet song?" :lol:[/quote]

Lol.

I love Brent's smile in this pic - that's why I HAD to get it posted. Thanks to Lady for helping me out with that!!

Here's a tip for your M&G pics - ask Brent to smile. He didn't smile in my first pic and I remembered Karen posting that if you remind him then he'll smile. And man, that smile is amazing, so you don't want to miss it!!! :twisted:

I've not yet got my tix but I have many that I bought that I will probaly be waiting another two weeks lmao. So will be a while before I am doing any dancing. Can't wait to have my tix though. I already have my hotel room booked though.

Hey I got my ticket in the mail today (happy dance anyone??) 8)

And yes, it says SRO and then Row G1 Seat 201. Probably just an internal thing to keep track of the number of SRO tickets.

Now I have to put this in my super-secret ticket hiding place so no one will find it if I'm robbed...bwaahaahaa!!! :lol: (Yes I'm a dork and feeling silly tonight.)

lol that was pretty cool. glad you got it resolved and that they are sending you the tickets on their dime.

lmao at that last comet "Haley's comet song"? really that's how they remember shinedown lol. I did not know Kroger was a TM outlet that is pretty cool.

I bought my ticket when they went on sale, through the state fair website or ticketmaster. I think I just selected the 'SRO' section to get my ticket. There wasn't any official info on SDN about it, some kind person posted it here on the boards. (Sorry, can't remember who right now, but thank you!!!)

I haven't really thought about what time to get there yet. I haven't been to a show there before so don't know how big the SRO section is. But don't worry, we've got a couple of months and I'm sure we'll get a plan together before the show!! :)

Hey how early do you think I need to get there to get first crack at being in front of the stage?

How did you get SRO??? When did you buy your tix? I'm curious becasue I got mine when they went on sale the 17th but I think I'm up in the grandstand. Was there a fanclub presale before I joined SDN?

[quote="ladysodevine"]Okay, side topic for a second...can someone tell me why Ticketmaster has to suck so hard? I wasn't given the option to print at home so I chose free mail (told you I was cheap Bobbette!), but then thought about it later that night and decided I didn't trust the mail with my precious cargo. :lol: Found out that Kroger stores are TM outlets (yes, I'm an idiot and didn't know that) and there are a gazillion Krogers in this town. E-mailed TM and asked if I could change to outlet pick up. No prob they said. Long story short (sort of) after 6 fucking visits to 2 different Krogers in the last two weeks I still don't have my tix. Everytime they swipe my card it says there is no order linked to it. They and I have talked to them everytime, but after tonight's visit I was fed up and needless to say they are now sending them via UPS on their dime! Sorry to get off-topic, but I had to vent!
Okay...continue...[/quote]

I didn't know Kroger could do that. Good to know.

I haven't got my ticket yet, though Ticketmaster tells me it was mailed today. I decided to have an actual ticket instead of printing it at home, in case we get to meet the guys so I can have them sign it. Yes, I'm a geek, and plus I forgot to do that at my last show.

:oops:

I got the 'standing room only' section right in front of the stage. :D

[quote="bobbette78"]Yep, I'll be there! And Pete from up near Chicago is coming too with his wife & kids. He's a former SDN member that I keep in contact with on facebook.[/quote]

Were are ya'll seats? I'm going with my mom and her bf but maybe we can meet up?

Yep, I'll be there! And Pete from up near Chicago is coming too with his wife & kids. He's a former SDN member that I keep in contact with on facebook.