If The Us&Them DVD Were Actually Released...

• If The Us&Them DVD Were Actually Released...
    Hunter F.

Would you look at Shinedown any differently? Brent said they never released it because it "Portrayed the band in a bad light." Honestly, I've seen clips of what was supposed to be on that DVD. The only thing I could see that would probably be cautioned is Jasin Todd giving the finger during 45. So if it were released, would you look at Shinedown any differently? Also, would you like to see it be released one day?

Submitted by Hunter F. on
Forum category
Is pro
No

No, I wouldn't look at them any differently, considering the only two members left are Barry and Brent. I always think about how many guys have actually been in the band, which I must say I enjoy Zach and Eric the most.

Jasin Todd...

Brad Stewart...

Nick Perri...

I guess they thought they'd be better off playing w/ Fuel then Shinedown...and Nick is doin his own thing I guess.

I guess the question would be, if the video was released, would Eric and Zach feel left out?

AllAmericanDan1

Wed, 12/15/2010 - 11:15

As someone who went to the early shows, no. The band isn't the "1...2...3...FUCK YOU!" live act it was, but that doesn't mean it can't still show what it was. If you've watched Live From the Inside or been to the pre-Sound of Madness shows you'll know that this band was damn near maniacal live. Besides, they were destroying themselves with drugs at the time, so they probably had no control then either.

A way to release the Us and Them live and not show them in a bad light would be an audio CD, no one can hear Jasin give a middle finger.

I actually miss the way this band was, not criticizing the way they are now, the act now is more...mature. But every once and a while, I would like a throwback to the "1...2...3...FUCK YOU! days." Releasing an Us and Them Live CD/DVD would be a good closure to those days.

I agree I'd like to see Shinedown kick back a little bit and show some badass in them...sometimes I feel they are wanting to...

erica881014

Wed, 12/15/2010 - 17:17

i would like to see it released and i wouldn't see them any other way than i do now.they are all respectable men now,no matter what happened in the past.those who have been fans for a while know they were destroying themselves at one point,well the old members.but everyone makes mistakes and they are more mature now,which is one reason why i love them,you can see the stages they went through to get to where they are today.a great band.i do enjoy their old stuff just as i do the new because every bit of it you can relate to one way or another.it's kinda like growing up.us and them live might have just been in a rebllious like stage and doing drugs and whatever.which i know i went through when i was in high school.

The live shows definitely had an underlying sense of chaos to them. They kind of threw caution to the wind back then, which made the shows great (I think I ended up going to 5 shows around the country throughout a single year).

I don't know if they necessarily feel the show itself wasn't representative of the band, buy maybe more the songs they were playing from Us and Them. I keep hearing over and over how they feel that album was rushed and wasn't the album the wanted it to be.

Hunter F.

Wed, 12/15/2010 - 20:37

[quote="ryno32"]No, I wouldn't look at them any differently, considering the only two members left are Barry and Brent. I always think about how many guys have actually been in the band, which I must say I enjoy Zach and Eric the most.

Jasin Todd...

Brad Stewart...

Nick Perri...

I guess they thought they'd be better off playing w/ Fuel then Shinedown...and Nick is doin his own thing I guess.

I guess the question would be, if the video was released, would Eric and Zach feel left out?[/quote]

Yeah, I personally like Zach and Eric better. I really dont think Nick Perri fit in with the band. I dont know, he just seemed out of place to me. It would be pretty awkward if Shinedown and Fuel ended up touring together.

erica881014

Thu, 12/16/2010 - 17:20

i do like eric and zach over the other previous members even though i liked to watch jasin play the guitar.the way he moved with it and everything was kinda cool to watch

callmeasaint

Mon, 12/20/2010 - 01:57

I would love to see it. I think the fan base is strong and mature and I don't know if it would have any impact either way. Maybe release it through the fan club as a thanks to those who have been there from the start? I dunno.

I do watch the first DVD and I can't believe it's SD. I saw SD in 2004 opening for Van Halen and I almost feel like I can't count that as part of my 'list' because it's so not the same band.

I love the style they have now. It's very refined and fitting for a band that is now building a [i]brand[/i] name.

These aren't 24 year old kids playing 2,000 seaters w/ Cavo and Skillet or something. This is a well oiled machine that is now an arena act.

I think Jasin and Brad were perfect for this band at the time and now Eric and Zach are perfect. All 4 were/are in the right place at the right time and it's just odd how the stars align for this band.

When I watch the first cd you see a young,hungry band running on raw energy but also obviously talented. But you wonder how far they can go at that pace.

Zach and Eric bring something to this band that I can't put my finger on but it just feels right but Jasin and Brad helped put down the foundation.

Would you look at Shinedown any differently? Brent said they never released it because it "Portrayed the band in a bad light." Honestly, I've seen clips of what was supposed to be on that DVD. The only thing I could see that would probably be cautioned is Jasin Todd giving the finger during 45. So if it were released, would you look at Shinedown any differently? Also, would you like to see it be released one day?

comments

Great info

Thank you for such information. Such striking images and effects. I know it because I deal with it all the time. It has been a gift for me to lately discover this website https://depositphotos.com/stock-photos/palm-trees.html I was able to locate palm trees images I required for my presentation.

I would love to see it. I think the fan base is strong and mature and I don't know if it would have any impact either way. Maybe release it through the fan club as a thanks to those who have been there from the start? I dunno.

I do watch the first DVD and I can't believe it's SD. I saw SD in 2004 opening for Van Halen and I almost feel like I can't count that as part of my 'list' because it's so not the same band.

I love the style they have now. It's very refined and fitting for a band that is now building a [i]brand[/i] name.

These aren't 24 year old kids playing 2,000 seaters w/ Cavo and Skillet or something. This is a well oiled machine that is now an arena act.

I think Jasin and Brad were perfect for this band at the time and now Eric and Zach are perfect. All 4 were/are in the right place at the right time and it's just odd how the stars align for this band.

When I watch the first cd you see a young,hungry band running on raw energy but also obviously talented. But you wonder how far they can go at that pace.

Zach and Eric bring something to this band that I can't put my finger on but it just feels right but Jasin and Brad helped put down the foundation.

i do like eric and zach over the other previous members even though i liked to watch jasin play the guitar.the way he moved with it and everything was kinda cool to watch

[quote="ryno32"]No, I wouldn't look at them any differently, considering the only two members left are Barry and Brent. I always think about how many guys have actually been in the band, which I must say I enjoy Zach and Eric the most.

Jasin Todd...

Brad Stewart...

Nick Perri...

I guess the question would be, if the video was released, would Eric and Zach feel left out?[/quote]

Yeah, I personally like Zach and Eric better. I really dont think Nick Perri fit in with the band. I dont know, he just seemed out of place to me. It would be pretty awkward if Shinedown and Fuel ended up touring together.

The live shows definitely had an underlying sense of chaos to them. They kind of threw caution to the wind back then, which made the shows great (I think I ended up going to 5 shows around the country throughout a single year).

I don't know if they necessarily feel the show itself wasn't representative of the band, buy maybe more the songs they were playing from Us and Them. I keep hearing over and over how they feel that album was rushed and wasn't the album the wanted it to be.

i would like to see it released and i wouldn't see them any other way than i do now.they are all respectable men now,no matter what happened in the past.those who have been fans for a while know they were destroying themselves at one point,well the old members.but everyone makes mistakes and they are more mature now,which is one reason why i love them,you can see the stages they went through to get to where they are today.a great band.i do enjoy their old stuff just as i do the new because every bit of it you can relate to one way or another.it's kinda like growing up.us and them live might have just been in a rebllious like stage and doing drugs and whatever.which i know i went through when i was in high school.

I agree I'd like to see Shinedown kick back a little bit and show some badass in them...sometimes I feel they are wanting to...

As someone who went to the early shows, no. The band isn't the "1...2...3...FUCK YOU!" live act it was, but that doesn't mean it can't still show what it was. If you've watched Live From the Inside or been to the pre-Sound of Madness shows you'll know that this band was damn near maniacal live. Besides, they were destroying themselves with drugs at the time, so they probably had no control then either.

A way to release the Us and Them live and not show them in a bad light would be an audio CD, no one can hear Jasin give a middle finger.

I actually miss the way this band was, not criticizing the way they are now, the act now is more...mature. But every once and a while, I would like a throwback to the "1...2...3...FUCK YOU! days." Releasing an Us and Them Live CD/DVD would be a good closure to those days.

No, I wouldn't look at them any differently, considering the only two members left are Barry and Brent. I always think about how many guys have actually been in the band, which I must say I enjoy Zach and Eric the most.

Jasin Todd...

Brad Stewart...

Nick Perri...

I guess the question would be, if the video was released, would Eric and Zach feel left out?