My husband won't let me take my daughter out of school again!!Waaah! :cry:

Submitted by lorilee on
Forum category
Is pro
No

destiny453

Mon, 08/31/2009 - 06:39

That is terrible, whip your husband into line! hehe :P

It Ain't over yet HOney!! :wink: If I can get off work, I will go alone!!! :lol:

ShinedownPete

Mon, 08/31/2009 - 14:32

Is that the show in Madison?

That's the one i want to go to.
Last night the wife was like i am not sure i can go.
I was like well don't wait up for me lol.

Yes, I want to go , but would rather not go by myself. I hate to miss the opportunity to see them headline a show! I think it might be awhile before they come around again.

ShinedownPete

Mon, 08/31/2009 - 14:56

Yeah i hear you about going alone. But i know i can grab a friend to come with.

I feel the same about them being the headliner this time around and being with 3 other good bands it will be next year till i see them again.

So i am for sure going.

I D K who else is even playing w/ them and don't care!! It's all about them!! Everybody works!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

ShinedownPete

Mon, 08/31/2009 - 15:09

Well it is always good to have good bands open for you to get you ready for the best.

Cavo, Adelita's way and Sick puppies who i like a lot are opening for them.

Just in case you might want to know lol.
Well good luck with going to the show.

I am heading up to Seattle alone for the 9/22 show but am meeting up with Mad_Mama and another friend. If I werent, I would still go up alone. Might not be as much fun but I would still hella love it!!!!!

I did see daughtry at the Layne Staley show two years ago on my own and it was fun!!!

I went alone to the Amsterdam show. I had a kick ass time.
I took the whole day off and went to Amsterdam really early so i could meet them before the show. :D

[quote="mollie"]I am heading up to Seattle alone for the 9/22 show but am meeting up with Mad_Mama and another friend. If I werent, I would still go up alone. Might not be as much fun but I would still hella love it!!!!!

I did see daughtry at the Layne Staley show two years ago on my own and it was fun!!![/quote]I am gonna do it!! You gave me courage!! I REALLY don't want to miss it!!!

[quote="plizano"]Well it is always good to have good bands open for you to get you ready for the best.

Well good luck with going to the show.[/quote]LOVE the Sick Puppies and CAVO!! Soundin' better all the time!! :)

[b]I DID IT!! There is NO TURNING BACK now![/b]

YAY!!! for you, i'm sure you're going to have a great time.

ShinedownPete

Mon, 08/31/2009 - 16:13

You go girl lol.

Hey we all have gone to concert's alone and end up meeting new people who like the same music you like so it is never a BAD thing to go alone.

Maybe i will get the wifey to change her mind and all the Shinedown nation can meet up there : )

Hopefully I will make some new friends like we did at the Chicago show! All are now on my FB!!! :D

What's your name on FB?

ShinedownPete

Mon, 08/31/2009 - 16:26

What's your facebook i will add you.
I have a bunch of pics from concert's we have gone to.

[quote="plizano"]You go girl lol.

Hey we all have gone to concert's alone and end up meeting new people who like the same music you like so it is never a BAD thing to go alone.

Maybe i will get the wifey to change her mind and all the Shinedown nation can meet up there : )[/quote]I never have and I'm driving from Indiana to Wisconsin...[b]alone...[/b] :( JK!!! I'm a big girl!! :)

[quote="plizano"]What's your facebook i will add you.
I have a bunch of pics from concert's we have gone to.[/quote]Are you asking me??? (about FB)

I'm sorry you can't take your kid again too, Lorilee! But, good for you stepping up to the plate, and planning to go alone anyway. That's kinda hard sometimes - I mean on the husband-front. Mine doesn't like it when I go to shows by myself. But, I usually have friends there that I will meet up with, and I don't drink on those outings (or if I do, it's a coupla light beers right at the beginning of the evening, then pop after that).

My son is my best gig partner, but at 15, he can't go with me all the time. I feel bad for this Thursday's show - our Jet Black Stare boys are hitting Hells Kitchen in Tacoma, along with locals Atomic Outlaws. Unfortunately, it's a 21+ show.

So - I think I will pick Wade up early, then we'll go down to say hello and watch sound check at least. Or, if he really doesn't care (and he does) then I will grab a friend or two and we'll go together for the show. Or, what a thought - maybe hubby Rick will want to see JBS with me this time! That'd be uber-cool, but, as we are married to the same man, Lorilee, he's not much interested in modern rock or small club shows with today's bands!

And Mollie - girl, you'll be with me and Shawnte for sure, as well as my counterpart Melissa from Everett! We will have a blast on 9/22 for OUR headliner show! At this point, your 3 hour lonely drive will be totally worth it! By my count, that's what... 5? You, me, Wade, Shawnte, Melissa and you're bringing a friend too? We...have...plans...don't...we...?! Muaaahhahhahh!

Glad I was able to help in any way possible. Once you go to a show on your own, it wont be so hard the next time. It is very liberating and wonderful to feel you can do it. I usually meet new fans and have the time of my life.

As for the long drive....put in your best cds, turn UP the volume and sing along!!!!

And, Mad_Mama, I am sooo there with you and THE plans! I can't wait to meet your friends and I have one more, Tami, who may be coming. I keep bugging her to get her ticket.

woooo hooooooo! 20 days and counting!!!

Sound's good "M Ladies"!! Wish I could tag along too. :) I am really taking a stand on this one Mr. Hubbypants is none to pleased with wifey! :x

I have so been there, done that and often fight this battle but the hubby has found out I am very independent and when it comes to my music PASSION, tho some think it is OBSESSION, its a NO win sit for him.

I am a much more contect person when I have time and vacas to myself, where I can just be MOLLIE, not MOM, not WIFE, not PARALEGAL...just wee me!

I put my heart felt request to fly to the East coast for 2 LiVE shows as a spread sheet with costs, pluses and minues and he liked it and said GO FOR IT!!!!

I like that...You take a business approach!! Smarty Pants!! :lol:

ShinedownPete

Mon, 08/31/2009 - 21:16

I think it's great when women like to rock it out.

I know for me i have 3 daughters and love to see them get excited with the music i like and all are Shinedown fans.

At first my wife did not want to see Shinedown and never been to a rock show until a year a half ago.

I took her to show # 8 for me to see Shinedown and she was blown away by them and was telling me how it felt like a church experience for her lol.
Since then she has been hooked but money has been a little tight so she is hedging but i will get her to go.

Added bonus meet a new shinedown fan : ) for show # 15

Wow! That's alot of SD shows!! Lucky you! :)

destiny453

Tue, 09/01/2009 - 06:44

That is alot of shows mollie, lucky you! Hope i keep getting that opportunity :) :)

ShinedownPete

Tue, 09/01/2009 - 22:02

Hey Lorilee,

Got the wife to come out for the concert lol. I was like it could be a year before we see them again : ) and she was like oh that's a long time.

So we would love to see you up there and i was a able to find you on facebook so very cool.

Team Shinedown

destiny453

Wed, 09/02/2009 - 04:34

plizano...add me on facebook too :) Leona Weir be my name! :lol:

My husband won't let me take my daughter out of school again!!Waaah! :cry:

comments

[quote="lorilee"]I really can't - It will be a 2 day trip for me and I really can't have her miss that much school. Not to mention, I don't want any trouble w/ the hubby. He is already unhappy about me going! I gotta keep the peace as much as possible!! :wink:[/quote] yup i hear ya! but at least ur going! can u meet them?

Yay....ideas??

FUNDRAISER!!!!!!!! :lol:

Ok pay my flight? ;)

Without a doubt!! :wink:

I want to HANG 2 :D

How old is she? Mine is 15 going on 30!! She is a "mother hen" You should have seen her at the Chicago show!! Worrying about my driving(!!) and such!!! :lol:We will MOS DEF hang!!!

Next time i will bring my oldest so maybe they can hang out together.

This week is going by to slow.lol

I really can't - It will be a 2 day trip for me and I really can't have her miss that much school. Not to mention, I don't want any trouble w/ the hubby. He is already unhappy about me going! I gotta keep the peace as much as possible!! :wink:

[quote="lorilee"]Don't say that!!! That is why I'm going though!! :D[/quote]haha! r u taking ur daughter? :lol:

Don't say that!!! That is why I'm going though!! :D

Re: I want to go to the 9/14 show

[quote="lorilee"]My husband won't let me take my daughter out of school again!!Waaah! :cry:[/quote]i think u should take her anyway they might not be around for awhile!

Yep we were rockin and rollin!! :)

That's why they call it Rock & Roll!!!! :lol:

We love to jam out before a concert, ross got a fine and 3 points on his licence when we were headed to a concert cos he was going too fast and went straight through a red light! :O oopsss....we got our pics took and I had a big bottle of alcohol, looked well good on our part! :lol:

[quote="lorilee"][quote="plizano"]It's a drug but a very good drug lol.
I am ready for my dose of 1000mg of Shinedown[/quote]"Please Sir, can I have somemore?"[/quote]
lol before and after is definately true can't ever get enough. i'm a full fledged junkie for SD hence the sig name lol. 1000mg seems so little i gotta get me a couple doses of that in order to get my fix.

[quote="plizano"]It's a drug but a very good drug lol.
I am ready for my dose of 1000mg of Shinedown[/quote]"Please Sir, can I have somemore?"

It's a drug but a very good drug lol.
I am ready for my dose of 1000mg of Shinedown

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]lol that's my tradition. on my way to an SD show you gotta be jammin to nothing else but SHINEDOWN.[/quote]Before AND after!!! We just CAN'T GET ENOUGH!!!!! :D

lol that's my tradition. on my way to an SD show you gotta be jammin to nothing else but SHINEDOWN.

I just hope driving to Madison does not get me a ticket lol because i will for sure be jamming out before the concert.

lol we difinately have to create the fund. i have not been pulled over yet but i have come close, rockin to SD makes you neglect the traffic laws lol.

That happened to my wife a few weeks ago.

She was speeding and was a stop sign jamming to Shinedown when she heard a tap on the window and she was like oh Sh*t lol.

Create a Shinedown fund for those pulled over for jamming to there music lol
Hey at least you were able to get off.

Hey P! I don't know if you saw it or not...I actually got pulled over yesterday on my way to work cuz I was jammin' so hard in the car!!It was a beautiful morning and the tunes were blastin'! I got very lucky though!! I was TOTALLY sewpt away! :lol:

I agree that they bring a lot of postive message's to there music to get you through anything you maybe going through in life.

Plus when your stuck in highway traffic good way to get your frustration out lol.

I have been to a lot of concert's but i rather see them play more then anyone if i have to pick a concert to go to unless it was Led reunion

I listened off and on early on, had the first 2 cd's. I bought Sound of Madness and loved it and was reading a book series at the time. The songs echoed the characters so much that I kept listening and rereading and got hooked. Then I started "researching" them and fell in love with their message and them as people of worth. 'Nuff said! :)

I think it must have been 2001/2002?? I'm not sure could have been 02/03, but i just loved them since then, but they were more an American band at the time and only came to Europe for the first time in October 2008 when they supported Disturbed, so I was there but the venue fucked up the opening doors time so we missed the first 3 songs!!! :( :(

What year was that?

The first time i saw them was in 07 and i heard a few songs on the radio but nothing more.
When i saw them live i was just blown away and since then listen to there music at least once a day.

I first heard them when they did a track for Wrestlemania and I just loved them since then, been waiting forever for them to ome to the UK and when they did I was lucky enough to meet them and they are just the greatest guys who wrote awesome music :)

So what got you two into Shinedown in the first place?

Ok catch ya later :)

[quote="plizano"]You guys are to fast for me lol."IF YOU ONLY KNEW"!!

I just sent you a add on facebook Destiny.
I have it set at private that's why.

Can't wait till the 14th to see them Headline again[/quote]

:twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

It's morning here and I gotta get scootin' too! I'll be off and on at work though(!) TTYT (talk to ya then!)

Me loves it too, it's the middle of the afternoon here and I have to go to work tonight :( :( Baahhhh i hate working nights!! :(

Mos def! How else would we be talking everyday!! :D I LOVE it!!!

You guys are to fast for me lol.

I just sent you a add on facebook Destiny.
I have it set at private that's why.

Can't wait till the 14th to see them Headline again

Ooohhh it's amazing the things computers can do :) :)

Yes, I'm psyched!! I tried to answer Destiny and my gay computer took a coffee break! :)

Oh are you sure you added me? Cos I can't get on your page, then when I tired to search for you it couldn't find you?? :(

That would be me Destiny. On the face book.

That would be cool.
Congrats on the meet & greet.
This your first time meeting them?

Who's called Pete Grayslake?? They mailed me on facebook but their profile must be private or something cos I can't get on the page??

I got the M&G tix but I would love to hang!

No VIP just general adm.

Were going to go early to see if we can see them at the bus or for sure after the show go hang out like groupies we are lol.

What about you?

Hey GLPedro~ check your PM! :) Did you get VIP's?

plizano...add me on facebook too :) Leona Weir be my name! :lol:

Hey Lorilee,

Got the wife to come out for the concert lol. I was like it could be a year before we see them again : ) and she was like oh that's a long time.

So we would love to see you up there and i was a able to find you on facebook so very cool.

Team Shinedown

That is alot of shows mollie, lucky you! Hope i keep getting that opportunity :) :)

Wow! That's alot of SD shows!! Lucky you! :)

I think it's great when women like to rock it out.

I know for me i have 3 daughters and love to see them get excited with the music i like and all are Shinedown fans.

At first my wife did not want to see Shinedown and never been to a rock show until a year a half ago.

I took her to show # 8 for me to see Shinedown and she was blown away by them and was telling me how it felt like a church experience for her lol.
Since then she has been hooked but money has been a little tight so she is hedging but i will get her to go.

Added bonus meet a new shinedown fan : ) for show # 15

I like that...You take a business approach!! Smarty Pants!! :lol:

I have so been there, done that and often fight this battle but the hubby has found out I am very independent and when it comes to my music PASSION, tho some think it is OBSESSION, its a NO win sit for him.

I am a much more contect person when I have time and vacas to myself, where I can just be MOLLIE, not MOM, not WIFE, not PARALEGAL...just wee me!

I put my heart felt request to fly to the East coast for 2 LiVE shows as a spread sheet with costs, pluses and minues and he liked it and said GO FOR IT!!!!

Sound's good "M Ladies"!! Wish I could tag along too. :) I am really taking a stand on this one Mr. Hubbypants is none to pleased with wifey! :x

Glad I was able to help in any way possible. Once you go to a show on your own, it wont be so hard the next time. It is very liberating and wonderful to feel you can do it. I usually meet new fans and have the time of my life.

As for the long drive....put in your best cds, turn UP the volume and sing along!!!!

And, Mad_Mama, I am sooo there with you and THE plans! I can't wait to meet your friends and I have one more, Tami, who may be coming. I keep bugging her to get her ticket.

woooo hooooooo! 20 days and counting!!!

I'm sorry you can't take your kid again too, Lorilee! But, good for you stepping up to the plate, and planning to go alone anyway. That's kinda hard sometimes - I mean on the husband-front. Mine doesn't like it when I go to shows by myself. But, I usually have friends there that I will meet up with, and I don't drink on those outings (or if I do, it's a coupla light beers right at the beginning of the evening, then pop after that).

My son is my best gig partner, but at 15, he can't go with me all the time. I feel bad for this Thursday's show - our Jet Black Stare boys are hitting Hells Kitchen in Tacoma, along with locals Atomic Outlaws. Unfortunately, it's a 21+ show.

So - I think I will pick Wade up early, then we'll go down to say hello and watch sound check at least. Or, if he really doesn't care (and he does) then I will grab a friend or two and we'll go together for the show. Or, what a thought - maybe hubby Rick will want to see JBS with me this time! That'd be uber-cool, but, as we are married to the same man, Lorilee, he's not much interested in modern rock or small club shows with today's bands!

And Mollie - girl, you'll be with me and Shawnte for sure, as well as my counterpart Melissa from Everett! We will have a blast on 9/22 for OUR headliner show! At this point, your 3 hour lonely drive will be totally worth it! By my count, that's what... 5? You, me, Wade, Shawnte, Melissa and you're bringing a friend too? We...have...plans...don't...we...?! Muaaahhahhahh!

[quote="plizano"]What's your facebook i will add you.
I have a bunch of pics from concert's we have gone to.[/quote]Are you asking me??? (about FB)

[quote="plizano"]You go girl lol.

Maybe i will get the wifey to change her mind and all the Shinedown nation can meet up there : )[/quote]I never have and I'm driving from Indiana to Wisconsin...[b]alone...[/b] :( JK!!! I'm a big girl!! :)

What's your facebook i will add you.
I have a bunch of pics from concert's we have gone to.

What's your name on FB?

Hopefully I will make some new friends like we did at the Chicago show! All are now on my FB!!! :D

You go girl lol.

Maybe i will get the wifey to change her mind and all the Shinedown nation can meet up there : )

YAY!!! for you, i'm sure you're going to have a great time.

[b]I DID IT!! There is NO TURNING BACK now![/b]

[quote="plizano"]Well it is always good to have good bands open for you to get you ready for the best.

Well good luck with going to the show.[/quote]LOVE the Sick Puppies and CAVO!! Soundin' better all the time!! :)

[quote="mollie"]I am heading up to Seattle alone for the 9/22 show but am meeting up with Mad_Mama and another friend. If I werent, I would still go up alone. Might not be as much fun but I would still hella love it!!!!!

I did see daughtry at the Layne Staley show two years ago on my own and it was fun!!![/quote]I am gonna do it!! You gave me courage!! I REALLY don't want to miss it!!!

I went alone to the Amsterdam show. I had a kick ass time.
I took the whole day off and went to Amsterdam really early so i could meet them before the show. :D

I am heading up to Seattle alone for the 9/22 show but am meeting up with Mad_Mama and another friend. If I werent, I would still go up alone. Might not be as much fun but I would still hella love it!!!!!

I did see daughtry at the Layne Staley show two years ago on my own and it was fun!!!

Well it is always good to have good bands open for you to get you ready for the best.

Well good luck with going to the show.

I D K who else is even playing w/ them and don't care!! It's all about them!! Everybody works!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeah i hear you about going alone. But i know i can grab a friend to come with.

I feel the same about them being the headliner this time around and being with 3 other good bands it will be next year till i see them again.

So i am for sure going.

Yes, I want to go , but would rather not go by myself. I hate to miss the opportunity to see them headline a show! I think it might be awhile before they come around again.

Is that the show in Madison?

That's the one i want to go to.
Last night the wife was like i am not sure i can go.
I was like well don't wait up for me lol.

It Ain't over yet HOney!! :wink: If I can get off work, I will go alone!!! :lol:

Re: I want to go to the 9/14 show

I'm sorry, sweetie :( Maybe the next show when they come back around?

That is terrible, whip your husband into line! hehe :P