I wanna meet them!!!!

• I wanna meet them!!!!
    Shinedownluver1688

I'm 14, and I listen to Shinedown everyday! I love these guys to death and I think it would be amazing if I could meet them in person. I have tons of questions for them. I think they are super nice and open guys, and it would be so amazing to meet the people that changed my perspective on the world. They really have. Brent said his job at a concert was to turn someone's day around. Well, he did that for me. With Shinedown's music, I feel at ease. It would be so huge if I could say hi to them. Like, the best moment of my life! Shinedown has inspired much of what I do, and they have changed the way I think. I think if they had one of those come to your house thingy's they did a ways back, and I won, I'd die. I would love to talk to these guys, although if I actually got the chance, I'd be too shy to say anything. :D Still, greatest band ever. Thanks guys. Love y'all.
    Who agrees with me?

Submitted by Shinedownluver1688 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 03/21/2011 - 14:44

definately i've met them a few times they are great individuals very humble. I agree first time you meet them it's like uh hi, i love your music thank you and then your at a loss for words lol. but you get better at it and they are really cool which helps you be cool and collected.

tessarakt

Mon, 03/21/2011 - 14:54

I am told they are actually one of the easiest TO meet ... simply because they think so much of their fans.

I met them in Nov and managed to spit out, "It's so great to meet you" with this huge goofy grin ... to each one ... verbatim.

Met Zach again Sat night and managed to say something different at least. As I was putting my arm around him for our picture I said, "It's great to meet you again!"

I'm really not good at this apparently.

Oh, I agree totally. The first time I met them, I was just kinda aw-struck and I'm 24 haha. The second time was a little better, but didn't change much because when you're into something so much and finally get to meet them, time seems to go by wayyy to fast to have a good convo...I did talk beer briefly w/ Barry for a bit haha.

Hope you get the chance to meet them at some time or another...the best is running into them randomly. Try to hit up an eatery a couple hours before the show near the venue...sometimes family comes w/ them and they meet up there. I met Zach at a Potbelly's before the A & E tour in Milwaukee...because Bethanee is from there...and yes, I didn't realize that till later! Dumb I am.

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 03/21/2011 - 15:05

yeah defiantely it is pretty nerve wrecking to meet your idols face to face the first time I saw them I really couldn't say much during the pictures at the M&G Barry put his arm on my chest and my heart was beatin so fast lol. I'm a dude but these are my idols so I was definately nervous lol.

What I do is write out my messages to each one on white bandanas that way if I forget everything at least they have my messages already. They already know me now lol. They always thank me for their messages. The time that I saw them in Houston I got to meet them before the show because of the M&G passes that I bought and after the show I hung out to wait for them. Only Barry and Zach came out but they hung out with the fans for a bit. Most just wanted autographs but me and another member of the Nation Merkjr got to talk with them.

Barry was awesome and Zach was really chill. After he finished signing things for the others he came back to the rail were I was standing and asked me, "so you got anything else you want me to sign" lol. I had caught one of Barry's drumsticks and Brent's towel so I was carrying both he'd already signed my drumstick so I was like nah but we can talk for a while. So he hung out and we just chatted about recent cool movies we'd seen. It was pretty fun. I was super tired from not sleeping the night before since I traveled to Houston on the bus but we hung out and talked for a good while. Then he had to head out to go to dinner with Barry and the peeps from Sick Puppies.

tessarakt

Mon, 03/21/2011 - 15:15

[quote="ryno32"]Oh, I agree totally. The first time I met them, I was just kinda aw-struck and I'm 24 haha. The second time was a little better, but didn't change much because when you're into something so much and finally get to meet them, time seems to go by wayyy to fast to have a good convo...I did talk beer briefly w/ Barry for a bit haha.

Hope you get the chance to meet them at some time or another...the best is running into them randomly. Try to hit up an eatery a couple hours before the show near the venue...sometimes family comes w/ them and they meet up there. I met Zach at a Potbelly's before the A & E tour in Milwaukee...because Bethanee is from there...and yes, I didn't realize that till later! Dumb I am.[/quote]

We were walking around Chattanooga before the show Sat and BELIEVE ME I was staring down every place we passed by just in case ... I can just imagine Dave if I'd suddenly bolted over, "I NEED A PIZZA!!! NOW!!" ROFL

tessarakt

Mon, 03/21/2011 - 15:19

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]yeah defiantely it is pretty nerve wrecking to meet your idols face to face the first time I saw them I really couldn't say much during the pictures at the M&G Barry put his arm on my chest and my heart was beatin so fast lol. I'm a dude but these are my idols so I was definately nervous lol.

What I do is write out my messages to each one on white bandanas that way if I forget everything at least they have my messages already. They already know me now lol. They always thank me for their messages. The time that I saw them in Houston I got to meet them before the show because of the M&G passes that I bought and after the show I hung out to wait for them. Only Barry and Zach came out but they hung out with the fans for a bit. Most just wanted autographs but me and another member of the Nation Merkjr got to talk with them.

Barry was awesome and Zach was really chill. After he finished signing things for the others he came back to the rail were I was standing and asked me, "so you got anything else you want me to sign" lol. I had caught one of Barry's drumsticks and Brent's towel so I was carrying both he'd already signed my drumstick so I was like nah but we can talk for a while. So he hung out and we just chatted about recent cool movies we'd seen. It was pretty fun. I was super tired from not sleeping the night before since I traveled to Houston on the bus but we hung out and talked for a good while. Then he had to head out to go to dinner with Barry and the peeps from Sick Puppies.[/quote]

I would LOVE to just sit and chat with them/one of them ... I'm not good at just chatting like that anyway, then add in the fact that I'm apparently starstruck even though I've never cared one bit for celebrities before LOL I'm debilitatingly shy. The fact that I'm about 99% certain I'd come off as a babbling idiot doesn't help ROFL

Dave apparently has no problem chatting ... he's also shy, but hasn't had a problem either time we met them. I made him ask the question at the A&E show ... I didn't really feel like being the one that got carried out after hitting the floor and missing the rest of the show.

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 03/21/2011 - 16:35

it's really fun and once you see them a few times the nerves go away and you realize they are your friends. it feels really cool to say that you friends in shinedown are rockstars lol. tweeting them is alot of fun too it's all a mystery if you'll get a reply. But I've had some luck I even had Brent wish me congrats when I graduated from my university. :twisted: one of the proudest moments in my life lol.

crueangel

Sat, 03/26/2011 - 20:36

LOL I love these stories! It was very nerve wracking for me the first AND second time I met them! I am a lot like Jen- I am very shy until you get to know me! LOL Which is kind of aggravating! I mean, I took Public Speaking early last year for goodness sake! I had to get up in front of a room full of virtual strangers EVERY WEEK to give speeches! After the first three, the last two were easy! :lol: Now, it doesn't bother me too much to have to speak in front of a class, which I have to do with just about every class I have to take for my A.S. in Early Childhood Ed. But does that help me around SD??? NO!!! :oops:

The first time, I did manage to thank for their music.

The second time I was like "Uh, good to see you again!" LOL And I did manage to give Zach a B-Day present. And got a hug in return. But when Zach asked me when my B-Day was, b/c I told him we were both Scorpios, I was freaking about the hug, I had to think a minute... and my B-Day was THE NEXT DAY!!! :oops: ROFLMAO

Now, I have a mission of sorts for when I meet them the next time. My nephew's wife is having a baby in May- if she can last that long b/c she is HUGE! At their baby shower today he said he wanted SD autograhs to hang in the baby's room. I told him "I can do that!" LOL We'll see, right??

tessarakt

Sat, 03/26/2011 - 22:59

[quote="crueangel"]LOL I love these stories! It was very nerve wracking for me the first AND second time I met them! I am a lot like Jen- I am very shy until you get to know me! LOL Which is kind of aggravating! I mean, I took Public Speaking early last year for goodness sake! I had to get up in front of a room full of virtual strangers EVERY WEEK to give speeches! After the first three, the last two were easy! :lol: Now, it doesn't bother me too much to have to speak in front of a class, which I have to do with just about every class I have to take for my A.S. in Early Childhood Ed. But does that help me around SD??? NO!!! :oops:

The second time I was like "Uh, good to see you again!" LOL And I did manage to give Zach a B-Day present. And got a hug in return. But when Zach asked me when my B-Day was, b/c I told him we were both Scorpios, I was freaking about the hug, I had to think a minute... and my B-Day was THE NEXT DAY!!! :oops: ROFLMAO

Now, I have a mission of sorts for when I meet them the next time. My nephew's wife is having a baby in May- if she can last that long b/c she is HUGE! At their baby shower today he said he wanted SD autograhs to hang in the baby's room. I told him "I can do that!" LOL We'll see, right??[/quote]

oh dear god public speaking ... I only passed my speech class because there was a curve and my senior seminar thing we had to give a 10 min presentation ... I was so nervous I did a 10 1/2 min presentation in THREE FREAKING MINUTES!!! When I got tothe end I also realized I was still on the first slide :shock:

crueangel

Sun, 03/27/2011 - 15:24

[quote="jen_n_dave"][quote="crueangel"]LOL I love these stories! It was very nerve wracking for me the first AND second time I met them! I am a lot like Jen- I am very shy until you get to know me! LOL Which is kind of aggravating! I mean, I took Public Speaking early last year for goodness sake! I had to get up in front of a room full of virtual strangers EVERY WEEK to give speeches! After the first three, the last two were easy! :lol: Now, it doesn't bother me too much to have to speak in front of a class, which I have to do with just about every class I have to take for my A.S. in Early Childhood Ed. But does that help me around SD??? NO!!! :oops:

Now, I have a mission of sorts for when I meet them the next time. My nephew's wife is having a baby in May- if she can last that long b/c she is HUGE! At their baby shower today he said he wanted SD autograhs to hang in the baby's room. I told him "I can do that!" LOL We'll see, right??[/quote]

oh dear god public speaking ... I only passed my speech class because there was a curve and my senior seminar thing we had to give a 10 min presentation ... I was so nervous I did a 10 1/2 min presentation in THREE FREAKING MINUTES!!! When I got tothe end I also realized I was still on the first slide :shock:[/quote]

:oops: LOL I was lucky to have a really good teacher and even though we had different types of speeches to do, like persuasive, informative, etc, we got to pick the topics, so I picked stuff I knew about. My fave was the persuasive speech, b/c everyone else was choosing heavy topics like teen suicide and drunk driving, I chose "Laughter; The Best medicine". It was a hit. I started off by telling them a true story fom my Pre-K class. We were reading a book about sea creatures, and one of the boys piped up and said "A octopus has eight TESTICLES!" I said "Um, actually he has eight TENTACLES." He said, "WOW! It has eight of those, too?" ROFLMAO Now, next time I meet the guys, I just have to remember to introduce myself! :lol:

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 03/28/2011 - 16:40

lol the comfortableness just comes with time. in the job i have right now I'm a recruiter for my university. We give presentations all the time, it gets easier with time. I've done presentations for a crowd of five and also for a crowd of over 500 lol. It just come with experience and confidence in yourself. What's always fun is looking someone directly in the eye and seeing that they really are focused and interested in what you have to say.

tessarakt

Tue, 03/29/2011 - 14:43

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]lol the comfortableness just comes with time. in the job i have right now I'm a recruiter for my university. We give presentations all the time, it gets easier with time. I've done presentations for a crowd of five and also for a crowd of over 500 lol. It just come with experience and confidence in yourself. What's always fun is looking someone directly in the eye and seeing that they really are focused and interested in what you have to say.[/quote]

::vomits::

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 03/29/2011 - 21:26

Lol it'll come to you.

Shinedownluver1688

Thu, 03/31/2011 - 11:33

Wow thanks guys! I think I would most likely pass out if I met them. They are truly my idols and I love them to death. If they like gave me a hug or something it would be the best thing ever. I can tell in their music that they are cool guys, which definitely does make it easier. =)

They ARE very easy to meet, especially if you do the meet n greet for their shows. Very humble, down to earth guys who really appreciate their fans. I know I've told this story before, but at the acoustic show, I had made little gift bags for them and gave them during the M&G. Brent was so thankful that he was like "Oh this deserves a hug" at which point Zach was like "free hugs? I'm so there!" and got hugs from them all. Talk about totally geeking out. That has been my fav memory of them so far, so yeah, hugs from them ROCK!!!

And if you watch their webchats, you really get to learn a lot of things about them, so you can actually have a convo with them. Like I knew Barry's wife was pregnant and asked how she was doing and he went into the whole story about how excited he was, and how they were doing and it was great to see that. So that really helps too.

crueangel

Sun, 04/03/2011 - 18:26

Yeah, a meet n greet is the best way to actually talk to them- if you can get the words out of your mouth! LMAO

You may get the chance to meet them at an after show session if they have an offer where you buy the cd and get to meet them. That's what I did the first time. I was SO nervous and geeking out. I was afraid to even try it, I thought "Yeah, right, I'll get to meet them @ the first show I've been to of theirs, sure." :roll: But I did. It was cool, but I call it a "cattle call" session- you pretty much shake their hands, get autographs, and mooove on out, LOL Jake was really cool, though, at both the after show session and the meet & greet I went to at A&E. There weren't many people for the M&G so he went out and grabbed a family from the front to come backand meet them. There was a mom and her kids, and they were SO shocked! LOL It was really cool.

*sigh* Ok, now I'm jonesing for another show! Oh, wait, I was jonesing for another show THE DAY AFTER the A&E concert! ROFLOL

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 04/04/2011 - 09:47

jake is awesome he is a really cool dude.

crueangel

Mon, 04/04/2011 - 19:32

Yeah, I love Jake. The first time I saw him in Jax at the COM tour, he walked out the door and I thought "Hmmmm, not bad!" then I heard some guy behind me say "Damn! That's a big ass dude!" LOL :lol: But he was very sweet, but tough, too! I saw him jump on the security guys who weren't doing their job, then I saw him drag a person ut of the audience in an arm lock! But then, a few mins later, someone got hurt in the pit, and he was right there on top of the situation getting the guy help and to the back, and letting the guy's gf go back with him. He has a tough job, keeping SD safe, but he's good at it!

He is definitely a great guy, so long as you treat him how you want to be treated. If you're an ass to him, be prepared to get it back, but be respectful and nice, and he's just a giant puppy. :)

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 04/07/2011 - 12:17

he's like a giant teddy bear lol.

crueangel

Tue, 04/19/2011 - 22:14

Jake, the giant tattooed, pierced teddy bear! LOL And I'm barely past his elbow! :shock: ROFLMAO If he knew how we talk about him... Ruh-roh- hope he doen't lurk round here! :shock: :twisted: ahahahahahahaha

tessarakt

Wed, 04/20/2011 - 10:05

[quote="crueangel"]Jake, the giant tattooed, pierced teddy bear! LOL And I'm barely past his elbow! :shock: ROFLMAO If he knew how we talk about him... Ruh-roh- hope he doen't lurk round here! :shock: :twisted: ahahahahahahaha[/quote]

BAHAHAAA!!!! I bet he does :twisted:
Dave was like hte only person at our M&G that was anywhere near Jake's height ... LOL they were about the same

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 04/22/2011 - 15:32

lol that's crazy i think i'm like up to his shoulder and even at that it's a stretch lol.

erica881014

Fri, 04/22/2011 - 19:59

Jake sounds cool.i have never met any of them but i really want to,so this next tour i will definatly be there.even though i wouldn't know what to say.i look up to them so much but i probaby just mumble hi or something stupid.. :shock: ..and make a fool out of myself.

crueangel

Fri, 04/29/2011 - 20:30

When I was standing in line to meet the first time in Jax, I kept reheasring what to say in my head... and I STILL almost tripped over my tongue, AND forgot to tell tem my name! LMAO

COM is simpsonville, sc. got the meet-n-greet as a birthday surprise for my wife. she did not know until jake took us to the bus.

Meet-n-greet in birmingham, ala. small intimate show (probably 300 or so people. chatted with them and asked brent to do "shed some light" the said from stage they hadn't done this song in like two years. we were from row.

chattnooga, tn. took out kids (10 & 8) to their first show. saw them center stage, 4th row. we got to do the meet-n-greet and my daughter got a hug with her favorite....barry.

These guys are the most humble celebrities we have ever had the fortune to meet.

sinnerwithagrin

Wed, 11/09/2011 - 16:58

I remember the exact day and place that I first met the Shinedown(though they were not the exact Shinedown we know them as today). It was April 3rd, 2004 in a KC at the Hurricane Club(which is now called The Riot Room). It was a small club that held maybe 400 people, they were touring with Tantric and Silvertide...it was an amazing show but the whole night all I could think of was how amazing Shinedown's show was...lol Then after Tantric was done playin all I wanted to do was meet the Shinedown guys but OMG I was so nervous...lol I was shaking like a leaf. But they all made me feel so welcomed into their lives it was amazing. I remember Brent tellin me not to be nervous....lol and 42 shows later I still get nervous sometimes...that just how I am. I've met so many musicians in the last 7yrs and I still get nervous when I meet most of them, but it gets easier each time, the nerves ain't so bad now...lol

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 11/15/2011 - 13:51

yeah they are some amazing dudes. really down to earth and don't mind talking to their fans at all. the first time i met them i was so nervous as well. during the pic barry half hugged me and put his hand on my chest afterwards we both laughed at how fast my heart was beatin i was so nervous haha. now it's easier when i do the meet and greets i don't get as nervous any more so i can have a better conversation with them.

I'm 14, and I listen to Shinedown everyday! I love these guys to death and I think it would be amazing if I could meet them in person. I have tons of questions for them. I think they are super nice and open guys, and it would be so amazing to meet the people that changed my perspective on the world. They really have. Brent said his job at a concert was to turn someone's day around. Well, he did that for me. With Shinedown's music, I feel at ease. It would be so huge if I could say hi to them. Like, the best moment of my life! Shinedown has inspired much of what I do, and they have changed the way I think. I think if they had one of those come to your house thingy's they did a ways back, and I won, I'd die. I would love to talk to these guys, although if I actually got the chance, I'd be too shy to say anything. :D Still, greatest band ever. Thanks guys. Love y'all.
Who agrees with me?

comments

yeah they are some amazing dudes. really down to earth and don't mind talking to their fans at all. the first time i met them i was so nervous as well. during the pic barry half hugged me and put his hand on my chest afterwards we both laughed at how fast my heart was beatin i was so nervous haha. now it's easier when i do the meet and greets i don't get as nervous any more so i can have a better conversation with them.

I remember the exact day and place that I first met the Shinedown(though they were not the exact Shinedown we know them as today). It was April 3rd, 2004 in a KC at the Hurricane Club(which is now called The Riot Room). It was a small club that held maybe 400 people, they were touring with Tantric and Silvertide...it was an amazing show but the whole night all I could think of was how amazing Shinedown's show was...lol Then after Tantric was done playin all I wanted to do was meet the Shinedown guys but OMG I was so nervous...lol I was shaking like a leaf. But they all made me feel so welcomed into their lives it was amazing. I remember Brent tellin me not to be nervous....lol and 42 shows later I still get nervous sometimes...that just how I am. I've met so many musicians in the last 7yrs and I still get nervous when I meet most of them, but it gets easier each time, the nerves ain't so bad now...lol

We've met.......and chatted with them three times

COM is simpsonville, sc. got the meet-n-greet as a birthday surprise for my wife. she did not know until jake took us to the bus.

Meet-n-greet in birmingham, ala. small intimate show (probably 300 or so people. chatted with them and asked brent to do "shed some light" the said from stage they hadn't done this song in like two years. we were from row.

chattnooga, tn. took out kids (10 & 8) to their first show. saw them center stage, 4th row. we got to do the meet-n-greet and my daughter got a hug with her favorite....barry.

These guys are the most humble celebrities we have ever had the fortune to meet.

When I was standing in line to meet the first time in Jax, I kept reheasring what to say in my head... and I STILL almost tripped over my tongue, AND forgot to tell tem my name! LMAO

Jake sounds cool.i have never met any of them but i really want to,so this next tour i will definatly be there.even though i wouldn't know what to say.i look up to them so much but i probaby just mumble hi or something stupid.. :shock: ..and make a fool out of myself.

lol that's crazy i think i'm like up to his shoulder and even at that it's a stretch lol.

[quote="crueangel"]Jake, the giant tattooed, pierced teddy bear! LOL And I'm barely past his elbow! :shock: ROFLMAO If he knew how we talk about him... Ruh-roh- hope he doen't lurk round here! :shock: :twisted: ahahahahahahaha[/quote]

BAHAHAAA!!!! I bet he does :twisted:
Dave was like hte only person at our M&G that was anywhere near Jake's height ... LOL they were about the same

Jake, the giant tattooed, pierced teddy bear! LOL And I'm barely past his elbow! :shock: ROFLMAO If he knew how we talk about him... Ruh-roh- hope he doen't lurk round here! :shock: :twisted: ahahahahahahaha

he's like a giant teddy bear lol.

He is definitely a great guy, so long as you treat him how you want to be treated. If you're an ass to him, be prepared to get it back, but be respectful and nice, and he's just a giant puppy. :)

Yeah, I love Jake. The first time I saw him in Jax at the COM tour, he walked out the door and I thought "Hmmmm, not bad!" then I heard some guy behind me say "Damn! That's a big ass dude!" LOL :lol: But he was very sweet, but tough, too! I saw him jump on the security guys who weren't doing their job, then I saw him drag a person ut of the audience in an arm lock! But then, a few mins later, someone got hurt in the pit, and he was right there on top of the situation getting the guy help and to the back, and letting the guy's gf go back with him. He has a tough job, keeping SD safe, but he's good at it!

jake is awesome he is a really cool dude.

Yeah, a meet n greet is the best way to actually talk to them- if you can get the words out of your mouth! LMAO

You may get the chance to meet them at an after show session if they have an offer where you buy the cd and get to meet them. That's what I did the first time. I was SO nervous and geeking out. I was afraid to even try it, I thought "Yeah, right, I'll get to meet them @ the first show I've been to of theirs, sure." :roll: But I did. It was cool, but I call it a "cattle call" session- you pretty much shake their hands, get autographs, and mooove on out, LOL Jake was really cool, though, at both the after show session and the meet & greet I went to at A&E. There weren't many people for the M&G so he went out and grabbed a family from the front to come backand meet them. There was a mom and her kids, and they were SO shocked! LOL It was really cool.

*sigh* Ok, now I'm jonesing for another show! Oh, wait, I was jonesing for another show THE DAY AFTER the A&E concert! ROFLOL

They ARE very easy to meet, especially if you do the meet n greet for their shows. Very humble, down to earth guys who really appreciate their fans. I know I've told this story before, but at the acoustic show, I had made little gift bags for them and gave them during the M&G. Brent was so thankful that he was like "Oh this deserves a hug" at which point Zach was like "free hugs? I'm so there!" and got hugs from them all. Talk about totally geeking out. That has been my fav memory of them so far, so yeah, hugs from them ROCK!!!

And if you watch their webchats, you really get to learn a lot of things about them, so you can actually have a convo with them. Like I knew Barry's wife was pregnant and asked how she was doing and he went into the whole story about how excited he was, and how they were doing and it was great to see that. So that really helps too.

Wow thanks guys! I think I would most likely pass out if I met them. They are truly my idols and I love them to death. If they like gave me a hug or something it would be the best thing ever. I can tell in their music that they are cool guys, which definitely does make it easier. =)

Lol it'll come to you.

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]lol the comfortableness just comes with time. in the job i have right now I'm a recruiter for my university. We give presentations all the time, it gets easier with time. I've done presentations for a crowd of five and also for a crowd of over 500 lol. It just come with experience and confidence in yourself. What's always fun is looking someone directly in the eye and seeing that they really are focused and interested in what you have to say.[/quote]

::vomits::

lol the comfortableness just comes with time. in the job i have right now I'm a recruiter for my university. We give presentations all the time, it gets easier with time. I've done presentations for a crowd of five and also for a crowd of over 500 lol. It just come with experience and confidence in yourself. What's always fun is looking someone directly in the eye and seeing that they really are focused and interested in what you have to say.

[quote="jen_n_dave"][quote="crueangel"]LOL I love these stories! It was very nerve wracking for me the first AND second time I met them! I am a lot like Jen- I am very shy until you get to know me! LOL Which is kind of aggravating! I mean, I took Public Speaking early last year for goodness sake! I had to get up in front of a room full of virtual strangers EVERY WEEK to give speeches! After the first three, the last two were easy! :lol: Now, it doesn't bother me too much to have to speak in front of a class, which I have to do with just about every class I have to take for my A.S. in Early Childhood Ed. But does that help me around SD??? NO!!! :oops:

oh dear god public speaking ... I only passed my speech class because there was a curve and my senior seminar thing we had to give a 10 min presentation ... I was so nervous I did a 10 1/2 min presentation in THREE FREAKING MINUTES!!! When I got tothe end I also realized I was still on the first slide :shock:[/quote]

:oops: LOL I was lucky to have a really good teacher and even though we had different types of speeches to do, like persuasive, informative, etc, we got to pick the topics, so I picked stuff I knew about. My fave was the persuasive speech, b/c everyone else was choosing heavy topics like teen suicide and drunk driving, I chose "Laughter; The Best medicine". It was a hit. I started off by telling them a true story fom my Pre-K class. We were reading a book about sea creatures, and one of the boys piped up and said "A octopus has eight TESTICLES!" I said "Um, actually he has eight TENTACLES." He said, "WOW! It has eight of those, too?" ROFLMAO Now, next time I meet the guys, I just have to remember to introduce myself! :lol:

[quote="crueangel"]LOL I love these stories! It was very nerve wracking for me the first AND second time I met them! I am a lot like Jen- I am very shy until you get to know me! LOL Which is kind of aggravating! I mean, I took Public Speaking early last year for goodness sake! I had to get up in front of a room full of virtual strangers EVERY WEEK to give speeches! After the first three, the last two were easy! :lol: Now, it doesn't bother me too much to have to speak in front of a class, which I have to do with just about every class I have to take for my A.S. in Early Childhood Ed. But does that help me around SD??? NO!!! :oops:

oh dear god public speaking ... I only passed my speech class because there was a curve and my senior seminar thing we had to give a 10 min presentation ... I was so nervous I did a 10 1/2 min presentation in THREE FREAKING MINUTES!!! When I got tothe end I also realized I was still on the first slide :shock:

LOL I love these stories! It was very nerve wracking for me the first AND second time I met them! I am a lot like Jen- I am very shy until you get to know me! LOL Which is kind of aggravating! I mean, I took Public Speaking early last year for goodness sake! I had to get up in front of a room full of virtual strangers EVERY WEEK to give speeches! After the first three, the last two were easy! :lol: Now, it doesn't bother me too much to have to speak in front of a class, which I have to do with just about every class I have to take for my A.S. in Early Childhood Ed. But does that help me around SD??? NO!!! :oops:

Now, I have a mission of sorts for when I meet them the next time. My nephew's wife is having a baby in May- if she can last that long b/c she is HUGE! At their baby shower today he said he wanted SD autograhs to hang in the baby's room. I told him "I can do that!" LOL We'll see, right??

it's really fun and once you see them a few times the nerves go away and you realize they are your friends. it feels really cool to say that you friends in shinedown are rockstars lol. tweeting them is alot of fun too it's all a mystery if you'll get a reply. But I've had some luck I even had Brent wish me congrats when I graduated from my university. :twisted: one of the proudest moments in my life lol.

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]yeah defiantely it is pretty nerve wrecking to meet your idols face to face the first time I saw them I really couldn't say much during the pictures at the M&G Barry put his arm on my chest and my heart was beatin so fast lol. I'm a dude but these are my idols so I was definately nervous lol.

Barry was awesome and Zach was really chill. After he finished signing things for the others he came back to the rail were I was standing and asked me, "so you got anything else you want me to sign" lol. I had caught one of Barry's drumsticks and Brent's towel so I was carrying both he'd already signed my drumstick so I was like nah but we can talk for a while. So he hung out and we just chatted about recent cool movies we'd seen. It was pretty fun. I was super tired from not sleeping the night before since I traveled to Houston on the bus but we hung out and talked for a good while. Then he had to head out to go to dinner with Barry and the peeps from Sick Puppies.[/quote]

I would LOVE to just sit and chat with them/one of them ... I'm not good at just chatting like that anyway, then add in the fact that I'm apparently starstruck even though I've never cared one bit for celebrities before LOL I'm debilitatingly shy. The fact that I'm about 99% certain I'd come off as a babbling idiot doesn't help ROFL

Dave apparently has no problem chatting ... he's also shy, but hasn't had a problem either time we met them. I made him ask the question at the A&E show ... I didn't really feel like being the one that got carried out after hitting the floor and missing the rest of the show.

[quote="ryno32"]Oh, I agree totally. The first time I met them, I was just kinda aw-struck and I'm 24 haha. The second time was a little better, but didn't change much because when you're into something so much and finally get to meet them, time seems to go by wayyy to fast to have a good convo...I did talk beer briefly w/ Barry for a bit haha.

Hope you get the chance to meet them at some time or another...the best is running into them randomly. Try to hit up an eatery a couple hours before the show near the venue...sometimes family comes w/ them and they meet up there. I met Zach at a Potbelly's before the A & E tour in Milwaukee...because Bethanee is from there...and yes, I didn't realize that till later! Dumb I am.[/quote]

We were walking around Chattanooga before the show Sat and BELIEVE ME I was staring down every place we passed by just in case ... I can just imagine Dave if I'd suddenly bolted over, "I NEED A PIZZA!!! NOW!!" ROFL

yeah defiantely it is pretty nerve wrecking to meet your idols face to face the first time I saw them I really couldn't say much during the pictures at the M&G Barry put his arm on my chest and my heart was beatin so fast lol. I'm a dude but these are my idols so I was definately nervous lol.

Barry was awesome and Zach was really chill. After he finished signing things for the others he came back to the rail were I was standing and asked me, "so you got anything else you want me to sign" lol. I had caught one of Barry's drumsticks and Brent's towel so I was carrying both he'd already signed my drumstick so I was like nah but we can talk for a while. So he hung out and we just chatted about recent cool movies we'd seen. It was pretty fun. I was super tired from not sleeping the night before since I traveled to Houston on the bus but we hung out and talked for a good while. Then he had to head out to go to dinner with Barry and the peeps from Sick Puppies.

Oh, I agree totally. The first time I met them, I was just kinda aw-struck and I'm 24 haha. The second time was a little better, but didn't change much because when you're into something so much and finally get to meet them, time seems to go by wayyy to fast to have a good convo...I did talk beer briefly w/ Barry for a bit haha.

Hope you get the chance to meet them at some time or another...the best is running into them randomly. Try to hit up an eatery a couple hours before the show near the venue...sometimes family comes w/ them and they meet up there. I met Zach at a Potbelly's before the A & E tour in Milwaukee...because Bethanee is from there...and yes, I didn't realize that till later! Dumb I am.

I am told they are actually one of the easiest TO meet ... simply because they think so much of their fans.

I met them in Nov and managed to spit out, "It's so great to meet you" with this huge goofy grin ... to each one ... verbatim.

Met Zach again Sat night and managed to say something different at least. As I was putting my arm around him for our picture I said, "It's great to meet you again!"

I'm really not good at this apparently.

definately i've met them a few times they are great individuals very humble. I agree first time you meet them it's like uh hi, i love your music thank you and then your at a loss for words lol. but you get better at it and they are really cool which helps you be cool and collected.