I need ur help Shinedown Nation!!!!!

• I need ur help Shinedown Nation!!!!!
    xshinedownfreakx

Hey guys! i need ur help.......i REALLY want to go to the SD show in Houston,TX on October 9th, tony aka shinedownjunkie45 has an extra one he'll give me! BUT......i have to beg my parents tht i can fly alone! they dont think its safe or tht tony is being honest! tell me wht u think! do u think its safe? flying from NY to TX? can u guys help me beg my parents? anything counts!! i just really want to go and meet them cause i never have!!! this is my dream!! :lol: thanks so much guys!!!
    ~perri!

Submitted by xshinedownfreakx on
Forum category
Is pro
No

dalamar_2

Wed, 09/23/2009 - 16:15

Perri....

You'll have to go almost naked through one of the most sophisticated security-screening system in the history of... history, just to fly from one town to another. I don't think airport security is the main issue.

The fact remains that you are a minor (I'll presume), that you'll leave the State and reach of your immediate family to fly off to an unknown destination, to an unknown individual you only know through a virtual world.
(No offense, Tony)

If I were your parent, I too would have major concerns. And I would have major concerns about parenthood if they let you go, no questions asked.

the Shinedown guys are more than likely not at their last album and I would bet all the money in my pocket (about 27 cents, to be exact) that your parents would feel much, much more secure if you waited for a NY / NJ venue and went with them.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but that is what's going through your parent's heads right now.

Being a parent I would totally agree. They will most definitely(I actually wrote it out that time!) Be coming to your area some day. You are young and have lots of time to look forward to these experiences.
I love Junkie and would never want to offend him, but flying across the country by yourself to meet someone you don't know is not wise, even in the name of something you really want to do.
Have patience, your time will come, but be safe, not sorry. :wink:

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 09/23/2009 - 17:36

i hear everything you guys are saying i'm not offended. if i were a parent i'd be thinking the same thing too. but as the one putting up the ticket i know that i'm safe lol. it's a bit of a stretch flying in from ny to tx but if it can happen then it'll be great if not well at least we tried perri. rest assured it's no joke. the offer stands and if in the end your parents say no then i'm sorry that it couldn't be but like everyone else says and i have to agree SHINEDOWN isn't going away any time soon so they'll hit a city near you soon enough. But for now I'm just giving another person a shot at seeing this great band live. No alterior motives intended just want to make sure the person that gets the ticket will enjoy it.

Everything I need to know about life, I learned from Noah's Ark . One : Don't miss the boat. Two : Remember that we are all in the same boat. Three : Plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark. Four : Stay fit. When you're 600 years old, someone may ask you to do something really big. Five : Don't listen to critics; just get on with the job that needs to be done. Six : Build your future on high ground. Seven : For safety sake, travel in pairs. Eight : Speed isn't always an advantage. The snails were on board with the cheetahs. Nine : When you're stressed, float a while. Ten : Remember, the Ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic by professionals. Eleven: No matter the storm, when you are with God, there's always a rainbow waiting.

NOW, wasn't that nice? Pass it along and make someone else smile, too

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 09/23/2009 - 17:53

that was nice thanks lorilee. i'm still hanging onto hope for perri. it would really be cool to go to a show together. but if it don't happen it's alright.

It's all predetermined. If meant to be it will be!! :cry:

The Noah's Ark thing wasn't mine. I just received it as an email at work and I thought it was kinda timely. Whatevah! :P

I don't think this could all just be random. Hmmm...interesting. Something to ponder, mos def.

dalamar_2

Wed, 09/23/2009 - 20:29

Whoaaa....

Slow down folks.

There's no big book, paved way, or old schmuck with a beard at the end of some rainbow. There's us. Period. Life's too short to live by rules set through a fairy tale. Although I'll admit the imagery was somewhat to the point.

All we're talking about here is Perri being 14 and wanting on a field trip larger than anything he's (she?) been on before. A free ride to the greatest band on Earth. But at what plausible cost?

We can all think by the silly ~1000 posts Tony has made that he's one of the good guys. But realistically, we know nothing of him save for his dedication to SD and generous nature, so assuming something might go wrong (i.e. the car breaks down midway to driving to the airport and perri's by him/herself stranded. You thought I'd go elsewhere, uh!?! :twisted: ) isn't exactly out of this world. Who knows if he's mechanically inclined or challenged?

I guess all we're trying to say, Perri, is that it's normal to exercise some form of caution and that your parent's reserves are absolutely founded.

xshinedownfreakx

Wed, 09/23/2009 - 20:43

[quote="dalamar"]Perri....

You'll have to go almost naked through one of the most sophisticated security-screening system in the history of... history, just to fly from one town to another. I don't think airport security is the main issue.

The fact remains that you are a minor (I'll presume), that you'll leave the State and reach of your immediate family to fly off to an unknown destination, to an unknown individual you only know through a virtual world.
(No offense, Tony)

If I were your parent, I too would have major concerns. And I would have major concerns about parenthood if they let you go, no questions asked.

the Shinedown guys are more than likely not at their last album and I would bet all the money in my pocket (about 27 cents, to be exact) that your parents would feel much, much more secure if you waited for a NY / NJ venue and went with them.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but that is what's going through your parent's heads right now.[/quote]thanks so much! u know ur right they will be back in my state soon and thts exactly wht my parents said to me. and it will be kinda scary flying to TX by myself! thts y my parents r so worried! so thanks again for the info ur making my decision tht much easier!

xshinedownfreakx

Wed, 09/23/2009 - 20:46

[quote="lorilee"]Being a parent I would totally agree. They will most definitely(I actually wrote it out that time!) Be coming to your area some day. You are young and have lots of time to look forward to these experiences.
I love Junkie and would never want to offend him, but flying across the country by yourself to meet someone you don't know is not wise, even in the name of something you really want to do.
Have patience, your time will come, but be safe, not sorry. :wink:[/quote]thanks so much lorilee! ur right they will be back around! and its not a very wise choice! now i know y my parents r being so strict it cause they love and care about me and dont want me 2 get hurt. thank u again for the help! ~perri :wink:

xshinedownfreakx

Wed, 09/23/2009 - 20:50

[quote="dalamar"]Whoaaa....

Slow down folks.

There's no big book, paved way, or old schmuck with a beard at the end of some rainbow. There's us. Period. Life's too short to live by rules set through a fairy tale. Although I'll admit the imagery was somewhat to the point.

All we're talking about here is Perri being 14 and wanting on a field trip larger than anything he's (she?) been on before. A free ride to the greatest band on Earth. But at what plausible cost?

We can all think by the silly ~1000 posts Tony has made that he's one of the good guys. But realistically, we know nothing of him save for his dedication to SD and generous nature, so assuming something might go wrong (i.e. the car breaks down midway to driving to the airport and perri's by him/herself stranded. You thought I'd go elsewhere, uh!?! :twisted: ) isn't exactly out of this world. Who knows if he's mechanically inclined or challenged?

I guess all we're trying to say, Perri, is that it's normal to exercise some form of caution and that your parent's reserves are absolutely founded.[/quote]just 2 let u know i am a girl! lol

There is the other consideration of the great expense of flying to Texas for a concert, when you can see them in your area for alot less $$. Many young people today want instant gratification. My generation had to wait for things they wanted, sometime earning it or saving the $ for it. That always made things have so much more value and importance. Delaying gratification builds character and when you really want something, it is worth working for and waiting for. Don't mean to get on my soapbox, by I have been around for a while and have had lots of varied experiences. Waiting is the wise thing to do. Ok, I'm done now!! :D

dalamar_2

Wed, 09/23/2009 - 21:17

[quote="merkjr"]oh and you know, this doesn't apply to you perri, but i almost didn't get to go because the customs officials at the border were not impressed with the idea we were traveling to ND to meet a stranger and see a metal concert.

they called my parents, questioned them, made sure they were aware of what was going on and reluctantly let me cross.[/quote]

:shock:

Border agents that are asking questions that... actually make sense !? My, my... what's the world coming to?

Last time I was in France, my border check lasted the better part of 12 seconds before they stamped my passport and yelled : "NEXT".

gotta love a Canadian passport.

:twisted:

All good points my friends. Plus, you should honor your parents and take their advice, they want and know what is best for you. :wink:

dalamar_2

Wed, 09/23/2009 - 21:20

That said: I'm not saying " DON'T GO".

I'm saying a good discussion that makes sense with your parents is in order.

^^^^^ Yeah...what he said!!! :D

dalamar_2

Wed, 09/23/2009 - 21:34

lol

well, mine never has enough pages in five years.

When the clerk at the passport's office knows you by your first name....

destiny453

Thu, 09/24/2009 - 10:04

That is some pretty strict border control but i guess they were just doing their job, i hate going through customs after a flight cos I go deaf and i am always like....WHAT??? Once they said why are you here, ross answered we like the country and the music scene in seattle and the official was like...oh you like country music?? :lol: if that was the case we would have went to a different state! :lol:

I always get "the pat down" I guess I look suspicious or something!!! lmfao!

destiny453

Thu, 09/24/2009 - 10:13

Oh us 2, but only cos we talk funny :D

My knees make the buzzers go haywire! :lol:

destiny453

Thu, 09/24/2009 - 10:23

:lol: :lol: wait....why?? lol

dalamar_2

Thu, 09/24/2009 - 11:11

[quote="destiny453"]:lol: :lol: wait....why?? lol[/quote]

"The magnetic knot located on the polar knee cap makes the metal detectors go nuts..."

destiny453

Thu, 09/24/2009 - 11:13

oh okay....first time i have ever heard that before?? :lol: I used to be a bit blonde...i blame that! haha

I have 2 titanium knees! I'm Bionic!!!! :shock:

dalamar_2

Thu, 09/24/2009 - 12:11

hehe good for you!

However, what did you do, excatly, to get those?

Oh, I get it. You're the Limited Edition with high speed motor and titanium caps....

edited to add stupid joke...

GREAT for me!! :D

destiny453

Thu, 09/24/2009 - 14:29

Do you actually??

Hey guys! i need ur help.......i REALLY want to go to the SD show in Houston,TX on October 9th, tony aka shinedownjunkie45 has an extra one he'll give me! BUT......i have to beg my parents tht i can fly alone! they dont think its safe or tht tony is being honest! tell me wht u think! do u think its safe? flying from NY to TX? can u guys help me beg my parents? anything counts!! i just really want to go and meet them cause i never have!!! this is my dream!! :lol: thanks so much guys!!!
~perri!

comments

Karen....your laughter and ability to smile through it all is an inspiration!!!

Bless you, your smile and just being YOU!!!!

[quote="lorilee"][quote="shinedownjunkie45"]wow it still sounds like a lot of pain to be bionic. i know when i busted my ankle my senior year in high school i had metal pins in my foot but they didn't hurt at all. it was just a strange feeling when it would get cold cuz the metal rod would get really cold and i could feel it inside my foot. lol.[/quote]No Junkie, having your knee joints sawed off is'nt my idea of a good time!!! It's all good though, what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger!!! :D[/quote]
those are very true words. or like the joker says whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stranger.

Oh the bug part sounds terrible, i can't even imagine :(
But everything all worked out for the good eh? :D
You more excited yet? :)

Yeah i second that Rita, you go girl nothing should hold you back :)
Wish i could come on the cruise and meet you!! :(
<3

Karen, you are such a great person.
Going through all this pain and problems and still being so optimistic
and full of life.
I admire your strenght. <3

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]wow it still sounds like a lot of pain to be bionic. i know when i busted my ankle my senior year in high school i had metal pins in my foot but they didn't hurt at all. it was just a strange feeling when it would get cold cuz the metal rod would get really cold and i could feel it inside my foot. lol.[/quote]No Junkie, having your knee joints sawed off is'nt my idea of a good time!!! It's all good though, what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger!!! :D

Karen, you have the strength of twenty men inside you! God Bless you for going through what you went through!

wow! you girls are so strong to get over stuff like that, i think the worst medical problem i have had is when i sliced off the top of my little finger!! :( Ohhhh i wanna come over in april and meet you guys.....i'm so unhappy i can't come! :lol:

yeah i can see how you would get used to that.

well your definately getting away. and i hope you get to relax alot with the guys. i'll keep wishing hard for you. if you don't get on the bus at least you'll be able to spend some good time with some of the nicest individuals you'll ever meet.

wow that must have been really tought to deal with. i'm glad you don't let this get you down instead you keep truckin right along. have fun with the guys you deserve it. maybe they'll ask you to join them on the bus that would be awesome for you. i'll wish it for you.

wow that's rough. but i'm glad your hands work better now.

wow it still sounds like a lot of pain to be bionic. i know when i busted my ankle my senior year in high school i had metal pins in my foot but they didn't hurt at all. it was just a strange feeling when it would get cold cuz the metal rod would get really cold and i could feel it inside my foot. lol.

That's why you are my Babygirl!! And yes, the knees are a miracle! It's a VERY difficult, long and painfull process, but life changing (life giving!) I am totally painfree and on no steroids or n-saids. As for the life span, I think that is changing every day. They say 15 for my knees, and the hip is s'posed to be easier. :)

lol you girls are going to have a blast together.

[quote="lorilee"]Duh! It's her dime! :lol:[/quote]yeah ik ur right!

i second that tony! :D

[quote="lorilee"]I will answer you both at the same time.
Yes, I do.

I had a bad fall on my father's boat when I was 13 and blew out my knee. I continued to be very active throughout school,cheerleading, gymnastics, volleyball as well as normal wear and tear. I later developed degenerative arthritis which became very painfull to the point of bone erosion. the only answer for me was koint replacement. Not a fun time, but I'm really great now!!!! It's all good! :D[/quote]
wow that is rough but i'm glad you've perservered through it all and now are the awesome person you are today.

Duh! It's her dime! :lol:

[quote="lorilee"]There is the other consideration of the great expense of flying to Texas for a concert, when you can see them in your area for alot less $$. Many young people today want instant gratification. My generation had to wait for things they wanted, sometime earning it or saving the $ for it. That always made things have so much more value and importance. Delaying gratification builds character and when you really want something, it is worth working for and waiting for. Don't mean to get on my soapbox, by I have been around for a while and have had lots of varied experiences. Waiting is the wise thing to do. Ok, I'm done now!! :D[/quote]haha! my mom said the same thing!

haha....well you can but i will stick with her lovely name :)

Think we should call her "rubberlee" fro now on...

Thanks Dolly!! :wink:

My friend got really bad arthritis when he was only 14 or something, it's not nice to watcxh, cos he had it bad :( Glad to hear you bounced back though lorilee :) :) sounds just like you

I will answer you both at the same time.
Yes, I do.

I had a bad fall on my father's boat when I was 13 and blew out my knee. I continued to be very active throughout school,cheerleading, gymnastics, volleyball as well as normal wear and tear. I later developed degenerative arthritis which became very painfull to the point of bone erosion. the only answer for me was koint replacement. Not a fun time, but I'm really great now!!!! It's all good! :D

Do you actually??

GREAT for me!! :D

hehe good for you!

However, what did you do, excatly, to get those?

Oh, I get it. You're the Limited Edition with high speed motor and titanium caps....

edited to add stupid joke...

I have 2 titanium knees! I'm Bionic!!!! :shock:

oh okay....first time i have ever heard that before?? :lol: I used to be a bit blonde...i blame that! haha

[quote="destiny453"]:lol: :lol: wait....why?? lol[/quote]

"The magnetic knot located on the polar knee cap makes the metal detectors go nuts..."

:lol: :lol: wait....why?? lol

My knees make the buzzers go haywire! :lol:

Oh us 2, but only cos we talk funny :D

I always get "the pat down" I guess I look suspicious or something!!! lmfao!

That is some pretty strict border control but i guess they were just doing their job, i hate going through customs after a flight cos I go deaf and i am always like....WHAT??? Once they said why are you here, ross answered we like the country and the music scene in seattle and the official was like...oh you like country music?? :lol: if that was the case we would have went to a different state! :lol:

8)

lol

well, mine never has enough pages in five years.

When the clerk at the passport's office knows you by your first name....

^^^^^ Yeah...what he said!!! :D

That said: I'm not saying " DON'T GO".

I'm saying a good discussion that makes sense with your parents is in order.

All good points my friends. Plus, you should honor your parents and take their advice, they want and know what is best for you. :wink:

[quote="merkjr"]oh and you know, this doesn't apply to you perri, but i almost didn't get to go because the customs officials at the border were not impressed with the idea we were traveling to ND to meet a stranger and see a metal concert.

they called my parents, questioned them, made sure they were aware of what was going on and reluctantly let me cross.[/quote]

:shock:

Border agents that are asking questions that... actually make sense !? My, my... what's the world coming to?

Last time I was in France, my border check lasted the better part of 12 seconds before they stamped my passport and yelled : "NEXT".

gotta love a Canadian passport.

:twisted:

There is the other consideration of the great expense of flying to Texas for a concert, when you can see them in your area for alot less $$. Many young people today want instant gratification. My generation had to wait for things they wanted, sometime earning it or saving the $ for it. That always made things have so much more value and importance. Delaying gratification builds character and when you really want something, it is worth working for and waiting for. Don't mean to get on my soapbox, by I have been around for a while and have had lots of varied experiences. Waiting is the wise thing to do. Ok, I'm done now!! :D

[quote="dalamar"]Whoaaa....

Slow down folks.

I guess all we're trying to say, Perri, is that it's normal to exercise some form of caution and that your parent's reserves are absolutely founded.[/quote]just 2 let u know i am a girl! lol

[quote="lorilee"]Being a parent I would totally agree. They will most definitely(I actually wrote it out that time!) Be coming to your area some day. You are young and have lots of time to look forward to these experiences.
Have patience, your time will come, but be safe, not sorry. :wink:[/quote]thanks so much lorilee! ur right they will be back around! and its not a very wise choice! now i know y my parents r being so strict it cause they love and care about me and dont want me 2 get hurt. thank u again for the help! ~perri :wink:

[quote="dalamar"]Perri....

(No offense, Tony)

I know it's not what you want to hear, but that is what's going through your parent's heads right now.[/quote]thanks so much! u know ur right they will be back in my state soon and thts exactly wht my parents said to me. and it will be kinda scary flying to TX by myself! thts y my parents r so worried! so thanks again for the info ur making my decision tht much easier!

Whoaaa....

Slow down folks.

I guess all we're trying to say, Perri, is that it's normal to exercise some form of caution and that your parent's reserves are absolutely founded.

I don't think this could all just be random. Hmmm...interesting. Something to ponder, mos def.

The Noah's Ark thing wasn't mine. I just received it as an email at work and I thought it was kinda timely. Whatevah! :P

It's all predetermined. If meant to be it will be!! :cry:

that was nice thanks lorilee. i'm still hanging onto hope for perri. it would really be cool to go to a show together. but if it don't happen it's alright.

Everything I need to know about life, I learned from Noah's Ark . One : Don't miss the boat. Two : Remember that we are all in the same boat. Three : Plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark. Four : Stay fit. When you're 600 years old, someone may ask you to do something really big. Five : Don't listen to critics; just get on with the job that needs to be done. Six : Build your future on high ground. Seven : For safety sake, travel in pairs. Eight : Speed isn't always an advantage. The snails were on board with the cheetahs. Nine : When you're stressed, float a while. Ten : Remember, the Ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic by professionals. Eleven: No matter the storm, when you are with God, there's always a rainbow waiting.

NOW, wasn't that nice? Pass it along and make someone else smile, too

i hear everything you guys are saying i'm not offended. if i were a parent i'd be thinking the same thing too. but as the one putting up the ticket i know that i'm safe lol. it's a bit of a stretch flying in from ny to tx but if it can happen then it'll be great if not well at least we tried perri. rest assured it's no joke. the offer stands and if in the end your parents say no then i'm sorry that it couldn't be but like everyone else says and i have to agree SHINEDOWN isn't going away any time soon so they'll hit a city near you soon enough. But for now I'm just giving another person a shot at seeing this great band live. No alterior motives intended just want to make sure the person that gets the ticket will enjoy it.

Being a parent I would totally agree. They will most definitely(I actually wrote it out that time!) Be coming to your area some day. You are young and have lots of time to look forward to these experiences.
Have patience, your time will come, but be safe, not sorry. :wink:

Perri....

(No offense, Tony)

I know it's not what you want to hear, but that is what's going through your parent's heads right now.