I can honestly say Shinedown saved my life.......

• I can honestly say Shinedown saved my life.......
    ShinedownChica

I'm 15 and I can honestly say Shinedown has been something that has helped me continue on after years of problems with myself......

I've never really told everyone everything, but life isn't the fun ride it's made out to be. After my parents divorced, there was problems with my mom being abusive and my dad being an alocoholic. So I didn't see my dad for a few years of my life, but even though he was drunk, he never hurt me. Alcohol became an easy escape at a really young age. I think I was 9 when I started drinking. I started to be able to see my dad again around age 11 and still go back & forth between my parents to the day. My dad by then was over his alcohol problem. When I was 13 my mom once had my stepdad try to kill me, I guess I was lucky he's like the weakest guy on the planet. To the very day, I always make sure to keep my strength pretty good so I don't always live in fear.

I know a little too much about prejudiceness, sickness, & suicide. I've been judged most of my life for being bisexual. I had my first lasting relationship at a young age, starting right before I was 12. I thought I was mature enough for everything if a grown man had sex with me. I was raped months before this relationship started. The relationship was with a girl named Katie who committed suicide April 2, 2007 at the age of 13. She was the sweetest girl anyone could ask to know. She took a razor blade and slit through her wrist til she hit the artery because she told her parents she was a lesbian. Her father raped her every night because he wanted her to want men, but she never fell into that. On the eighth night, she killed herself and in the letter, explained everything to her mother. I had to see her and everything surrounded. Her mother typed up the letter and sent it to me and it's saved on my computer. My friend Rob, is also my ex, he killed himself on my 13th birthday at the age of 18 because he said I never meant what I said because I had broken up with him and he loved me, but he never talked to me unless he wanted sex. Next was my Uncle David. He was in his early 50's when he hung himself. We always thought he was the happiest man with the ideal life. When he died, our whole family found out he was a womanizer living a double life. Amy Thomas commited suicide at age 12. She was the spoiled youngest child. Her attention went away not long before her suicide because her older sister was diagnosed with breast cancer. Even though she was told everything would be all right, she knew it wasn't since her parents were never home, they were always with her sister in the hospital. One night, her parents came hometo see Amy hung in her sister's closet with a note that stated how no one loved her anymore. No one saw any of it coming.
    The last suicide is the story that breaks my heart the most. Alex was one of my best friends. He always complimented me for everything I was good for even when all I had to say was that I was gonna die cuz I didn't care any more. He was the sweetest person even though he lived in the ghetto and was surrounded by gangs. He would get beaten on without reason because they didn't like him having a New York girl as such a good friend, but he would never deny me no matter what I told him. His own father threatened to kill him, so he said he was gonna kill himself so no one else could. The only form of a suicide note he left was a text to me that stated how he loved me..... I never took his crush seriously. I haven't let myself live it down..... July 5, 2009. Two days later I was raped at a baseball park while babysitting my 4 year old autistic brother. He saw the whole thing.

October 4, 2009. Brooke Thomas died of breast cancer. (Her sister is the one who commited suicide because of her having this disease) Brooke was my best friend. We were both outgoing and we could tell each other everything. We could still be best friends on opposite sides of the country. Her death was the most tragic thing I had went through, she couldn't help me through like she did everything else. Second Chance & Call Me were the songs I listened to non-stop to try to get through her death. Eventually I did after my parents wouldn't let me go out for the funeral or wake because I would miss school.

Now: I'm avoiding a court case from someone who was a good friend of mine. I trusted him, he raped me twice. My alcohol problem is starting to be under control and I haven't cut myself since November.

Life: Shinedown calms me down and I have a playlist of the songs that help me through everything. I tried counseling, I went one day and never went back...... Shinedown IS my counseling and are dedicated to their music and not the money unlike some bands.

Playlist: (I have/ love all Shinedown songs, this is just my playlist of stuff that gets me through)
    Left Out
    Heroes
    If You Only Knew
    Lost In The Crowd
    Some Day
    What A Shame
    Save Me
    Breaking Inside
    Burning Bright
    Sound Of Madness
    Stranger Inside
    Fake
    Better Version
    All I Ever Wanted
    Carried Away (favorite)
    Call Me
    In Memory
    Second Chance

Submitted by ShinedownChica on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Hi twilight! I'm so sorry to hear you have to go through so much terrible things in your short life.
Hearing those things breaks my heart.
I'm so glad you got to know Shinedown and that they helped you to feel better.

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 04/22/2010 - 12:43

hi twilight. you have certainly seen your share of terrible things in your life. i am sorry that you had to go through all of that. my heart goes out to you and we are all here to support you. shinedown is a powerful thing that feel people trully understand. their music is very medicinal in my opinion. i'm glad that they have helped you to get through the toughest of times and i hope that they continue to do so for you. keep your head up and take each day as it comes. "it's your life and no one else's" as reverand brent smith has said numerous times.

After reading your thread, I didn't even know what to say, besides that's awful for any one person to have had to endure. However, I am happy to hear that you've found some solace somewhere. I hope you visit the site often and get to know the people here, they are all good people and it's been surprisingly fun. And if you don't, good luck and I'm sending good thoughts your way.

ShinedownChica

Mon, 04/26/2010 - 19:46

thanks people for reading and ive noticed people here truely care and we all have the same love ♥Shinedown♥ it's where my heart belongs....

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 04/26/2010 - 22:22

hey twilight you'll never feel alone in here. i really love it. even when i'm having a bad day i just come on here and all my peeps cheer me right up they are all great people.

randomsunkist17

Thu, 04/29/2010 - 21:17

Right now I'm giving you the world's biggest air hug. *BIG AIR HUG*

Welcome to the family twilight. I couldn't imagine going through all that you have, it breaks my heart to hear your story and kids who've had to grow up in situations like yours. I'm glad you've found Shinedown to be a therapy for you and way to calm down and forget about your troubles, music is the best type of therapy anyone could have in my opinion. You'll always be welcome here. :)

ShinedownChica

Sun, 05/09/2010 - 23:00

you guys are the best! I mean really.... its like i know you people, but not really.... i dunno i suck at descriptions and am confusing muself trying to figure out words..... damn words....

I'm sorry dosen't sound good enough, and if I said I understand your pain I would be lying. But I can say this, if you ever want to vent or just talk you can find me on here, or on Twitter,or Facebook. And really the peple on her are all wonderful and have huge hearts. And I can't speakfor anyone else, but I'll listen to you if you need it. I've been told I make a good sounding board.

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 05/10/2010 - 17:08

don't worry twilight you don't have to worry about us understanding your description we understand what you mean. that's the beauty of all the individuals here we seem to understand each other because of the music we love.

ShinedownChica

Mon, 05/10/2010 - 19:48

@junkie yeah ive realized music is the best way to bond whether youre a complete music nerd like me or not.
and yeah thanks to everyone.... i know it sounds weird but i really do love you guys!

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 05/10/2010 - 22:23

theres no need to feel shamed here. everyone is here for the common purpose to support Sd and the family that is all of their fans.

ShinedownChica

Mon, 05/10/2010 - 22:32

:D i love shinedown and the rest of their fans..... except one fan (who is not on here) .....he makes me homicidal..... grrrrrrrrrrr :twisted:

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 05/10/2010 - 22:37

it's best to surround yourself with postive influence and those that make you feel good.

ShinedownChica

Mon, 05/10/2010 - 22:38

yes like every shinedown fan other than IT......

ShinedownChica

Tue, 09/07/2010 - 18:13

thanks paula... it may not all be easy, but im stronger now.... im gettin through a lil easier....

Fonic_Hymnist

Thu, 01/13/2011 - 02:54

I'm not gonna say i completely know how you feel, but i do understand what its like to want to drown every thing out and numb how you hut, i know whar it like to be shuned for your sexuality, but at the same time its great that so many can find some kinda solace in Shinedown songs, im right with you on call me and second chance those songs have saved my life many times. I may not know what it feels like to have someone yo loved betrsy you like has happened to you,
WHen Crap starts getting to you remember theres always somewhere tor gonna be accepred and be free to speak
♥ Melonie

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 01/13/2011 - 17:15

welcome to the nation i see this is your first post. hope you make yourself at home and stay for a while. this sd nation is filled lots of good people who understand the passions for shinedowns music.

erica881014

Mon, 01/17/2011 - 22:01

i know your post has been on here a while according to the date but i just read it,to be only 15 and have been through that much.but i give you a standing ovation for having the courage to share that with people here.they are all understanding,but i can never write the things i've been through for all to see,and your younger than me :lol: l.i haven't been through not even a quarter of what you've been through.i just can't get over how much for such a young age.and i agree with several people that have commented that shinedown has a HUGE talent of getting in where no one else can get and helping you get a grip on yourself and pulling yourself out. i wish you all the luck in the world in your future and i hope you find a person(or people)on here to help,give advice,or just listen to you when you need someone there..
Peace & Love
Erica

I'm 15 and I can honestly say Shinedown has been something that has helped me continue on after years of problems with myself......

I've never really told everyone everything, but life isn't the fun ride it's made out to be. After my parents divorced, there was problems with my mom being abusive and my dad being an alocoholic. So I didn't see my dad for a few years of my life, but even though he was drunk, he never hurt me. Alcohol became an easy escape at a really young age. I think I was 9 when I started drinking. I started to be able to see my dad again around age 11 and still go back & forth between my parents to the day. My dad by then was over his alcohol problem. When I was 13 my mom once had my stepdad try to kill me, I guess I was lucky he's like the weakest guy on the planet. To the very day, I always make sure to keep my strength pretty good so I don't always live in fear.

I know a little too much about prejudiceness, sickness, & suicide. I've been judged most of my life for being bisexual. I had my first lasting relationship at a young age, starting right before I was 12. I thought I was mature enough for everything if a grown man had sex with me. I was raped months before this relationship started. The relationship was with a girl named Katie who committed suicide April 2, 2007 at the age of 13. She was the sweetest girl anyone could ask to know. She took a razor blade and slit through her wrist til she hit the artery because she told her parents she was a lesbian. Her father raped her every night because he wanted her to want men, but she never fell into that. On the eighth night, she killed herself and in the letter, explained everything to her mother. I had to see her and everything surrounded. Her mother typed up the letter and sent it to me and it's saved on my computer. My friend Rob, is also my ex, he killed himself on my 13th birthday at the age of 18 because he said I never meant what I said because I had broken up with him and he loved me, but he never talked to me unless he wanted sex. Next was my Uncle David. He was in his early 50's when he hung himself. We always thought he was the happiest man with the ideal life. When he died, our whole family found out he was a womanizer living a double life. Amy Thomas commited suicide at age 12. She was the spoiled youngest child. Her attention went away not long before her suicide because her older sister was diagnosed with breast cancer. Even though she was told everything would be all right, she knew it wasn't since her parents were never home, they were always with her sister in the hospital. One night, her parents came hometo see Amy hung in her sister's closet with a note that stated how no one loved her anymore. No one saw any of it coming.
The last suicide is the story that breaks my heart the most. Alex was one of my best friends. He always complimented me for everything I was good for even when all I had to say was that I was gonna die cuz I didn't care any more. He was the sweetest person even though he lived in the ghetto and was surrounded by gangs. He would get beaten on without reason because they didn't like him having a New York girl as such a good friend, but he would never deny me no matter what I told him. His own father threatened to kill him, so he said he was gonna kill himself so no one else could. The only form of a suicide note he left was a text to me that stated how he loved me..... I never took his crush seriously. I haven't let myself live it down..... July 5, 2009. Two days later I was raped at a baseball park while babysitting my 4 year old autistic brother. He saw the whole thing.

October 4, 2009. Brooke Thomas died of breast cancer. (Her sister is the one who commited suicide because of her having this disease) Brooke was my best friend. We were both outgoing and we could tell each other everything. We could still be best friends on opposite sides of the country. Her death was the most tragic thing I had went through, she couldn't help me through like she did everything else. Second Chance & Call Me were the songs I listened to non-stop to try to get through her death. Eventually I did after my parents wouldn't let me go out for the funeral or wake because I would miss school.

Now: I'm avoiding a court case from someone who was a good friend of mine. I trusted him, he raped me twice. My alcohol problem is starting to be under control and I haven't cut myself since November.

Life: Shinedown calms me down and I have a playlist of the songs that help me through everything. I tried counseling, I went one day and never went back...... Shinedown IS my counseling and are dedicated to their music and not the money unlike some bands.

Playlist: (I have/ love all Shinedown songs, this is just my playlist of stuff that gets me through)
Left Out
Heroes
If You Only Knew
Lost In The Crowd
Some Day
What A Shame
Save Me
Breaking Inside
Burning Bright
Sound Of Madness
Stranger Inside
Fake
Better Version
All I Ever Wanted
Carried Away (favorite)
Call Me
In Memory
Second Chance

comments

i know your post has been on here a while according to the date but i just read it,to be only 15 and have been through that much.but i give you a standing ovation for having the courage to share that with people here.they are all understanding,but i can never write the things i've been through for all to see,and your younger than me :lol: l.i haven't been through not even a quarter of what you've been through.i just can't get over how much for such a young age.and i agree with several people that have commented that shinedown has a HUGE talent of getting in where no one else can get and helping you get a grip on yourself and pulling yourself out. i wish you all the luck in the world in your future and i hope you find a person(or people)on here to help,give advice,or just listen to you when you need someone there..
Peace & Love
Erica

welcome to the nation i see this is your first post. hope you make yourself at home and stay for a while. this sd nation is filled lots of good people who understand the passions for shinedowns music.

I'm not gonna say i completely know how you feel, but i do understand what its like to want to drown every thing out and numb how you hut, i know whar it like to be shuned for your sexuality, but at the same time its great that so many can find some kinda solace in Shinedown songs, im right with you on call me and second chance those songs have saved my life many times. I may not know what it feels like to have someone yo loved betrsy you like has happened to you,
WHen Crap starts getting to you remember theres always somewhere tor gonna be accepred and be free to speak
♥ Melonie

thanks paula... it may not all be easy, but im stronger now.... im gettin through a lil easier....

yes like every shinedown fan other than IT......

it's best to surround yourself with postive influence and those that make you feel good.

:D i love shinedown and the rest of their fans..... except one fan (who is not on here) .....he makes me homicidal..... grrrrrrrrrrr :twisted:

theres no need to feel shamed here. everyone is here for the common purpose to support Sd and the family that is all of their fans.

@junkie yeah ive realized music is the best way to bond whether youre a complete music nerd like me or not.
and yeah thanks to everyone.... i know it sounds weird but i really do love you guys!

don't worry twilight you don't have to worry about us understanding your description we understand what you mean. that's the beauty of all the individuals here we seem to understand each other because of the music we love.

I'm sorry dosen't sound good enough, and if I said I understand your pain I would be lying. But I can say this, if you ever want to vent or just talk you can find me on here, or on Twitter,or Facebook. And really the peple on her are all wonderful and have huge hearts. And I can't speakfor anyone else, but I'll listen to you if you need it. I've been told I make a good sounding board.

you guys are the best! I mean really.... its like i know you people, but not really.... i dunno i suck at descriptions and am confusing muself trying to figure out words..... damn words....

Right now I'm giving you the world's biggest air hug. *BIG AIR HUG*

Welcome to the family twilight. I couldn't imagine going through all that you have, it breaks my heart to hear your story and kids who've had to grow up in situations like yours. I'm glad you've found Shinedown to be a therapy for you and way to calm down and forget about your troubles, music is the best type of therapy anyone could have in my opinion. You'll always be welcome here. :)

hey twilight you'll never feel alone in here. i really love it. even when i'm having a bad day i just come on here and all my peeps cheer me right up they are all great people.

thanks people for reading and ive noticed people here truely care and we all have the same love ♥Shinedown♥ it's where my heart belongs....

After reading your thread, I didn't even know what to say, besides that's awful for any one person to have had to endure. However, I am happy to hear that you've found some solace somewhere. I hope you visit the site often and get to know the people here, they are all good people and it's been surprisingly fun. And if you don't, good luck and I'm sending good thoughts your way.

hi twilight. you have certainly seen your share of terrible things in your life. i am sorry that you had to go through all of that. my heart goes out to you and we are all here to support you. shinedown is a powerful thing that feel people trully understand. their music is very medicinal in my opinion. i'm glad that they have helped you to get through the toughest of times and i hope that they continue to do so for you. keep your head up and take each day as it comes. "it's your life and no one else's" as reverand brent smith has said numerous times.

Hi twilight! I'm so sorry to hear you have to go through so much terrible things in your short life.
Hearing those things breaks my heart.
I'm so glad you got to know Shinedown and that they helped you to feel better.