I am so glad to have a wife that understands my passion.

• I am so glad to have a wife that understands my passion.
    shinedownjunkie45

Well as most of ya'll know I've been anxiously waiting for presales for the Dallas show on 8/22. Well the email came yesterday and I'm excited to get some tickets today. I've been discussing with my wife which package would be best suited for us and our wallets. I had mentioned to her about the platinum package and the Zach Myers PRS guitar. She knows how much I want that guitar and said we would talk about it later. Well yesterday when I saw the email I told her I really wanted to buy tickets today. She said that it was cool for me to buy tickets but when I asked which ones she straight out asked well I thought you would buy the $1,000 tickets. My jaw almost dropped. My wife has always been very understanding of my passion/addiction for this great band but to hear her say that melted my heart. No one knows my dedication and admiration for this band the way she does. It really touched my heart that she would do that for me. The tickets are expencive for that price. She told me to work out our budget for the summer and see how it looked. If we could pay it all back to our credit card then I could buy the platinum package. Well I got right to work on it and found out that it was definately possible. But after much consideration I've decided that I could not go through with it. Seeing how much she cared for me to be happy really hit home with me. Instead I decided last night that I would go with the GOLD package. The only major difference is the guitar and I know I can order it through my local guitar shop. I said all that to say that this goes out to my wife. Thank you so much for your love and patience with me. But I can not be greedy and ask for the platinum package when I know the gold package will be just fine. So today I'll be buying two tickets with the Gold Package if you'll be at the Dallas show on 8/22 look for me. I'll be there with my spiked up hair my trademark khaki cargo shorts and my SD nation shirt. you'll know its me not because of what I'm wearing but because I'll be standing next to the greatest and most beautiful wife a guy could ever ask for. She is my world and my heart.

Submitted by shinedownjunkie45 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

That is amazing to have such a wonderful wife, no if only I could find a husband that would be like her =)

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 05/05/2010 - 11:30

haha i'm sure you'll find him. but she truly is amazing. only an hour and a half left come on 12pm.

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]haha i'm sure you'll find him. but she truly is amazing. only an hour and a half left come on 12pm.[/quote]

T-Minus 5 minutes and counting!!!! Is there a Zach Myers clone out there somewhere I don't know about? lmao

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 05/05/2010 - 17:32

Lmao well he did mention once that there was a zach myers impersonator.

Aww, you both sound like great people. Too bad Texas is a zillion states away from NJ, love to meet you.

And glad the wait was finally over for you!

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 05/05/2010 - 19:06

yeah we've said it before we gotta have a show just for the Sd nation family. so we can all hang with each other. the wait is over and I got the gold package got some decent seats and i'm glad i'm going with my wife. :)

[quote="ladysodevine"]Junkie, I'm right there with ya'. My hubby is the male version of your wife! LOL Isn't great to find that one person that gets you, lets you be who you are, and is supportive all the way? Bryan has been uber-supportive of my SD addiction. He never said anything when I made the decision to drive 4 and 5 hours away for two shows this summer, and will probably go to both with me. (I do believe that I'm beginning to convert him to a more hard-core SD fan! LOL) Buying the Gold tix wasn't even a discussion, but the fact that he was even considering the Platinum was stunning. But then again, I have supported his addiction over the years as well...he's an avid GI Joe collector, and I don't know of too many women who would let a 8' by 4' display case reside in their master bedroom! :lol: While the rest of the collection takes over a spare bedroom... :roll: :lol:
He's my best friend and the love of my life. There is not one single person on this Earth that I would rather spend time with. Okay, MAYBE Barry... Just kidding! :wink:[/quote]

Does your hubby have a brother??? Seriously men like yours do not exist on my plane lol. Although Shinedownjukie45 said there was a Zach myers impersonator out there could go for that too hehe.

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 05/06/2010 - 13:05

that is awesome. my wife was the person who convinced me into getting my first Sd tattoo. so when it came down to getting my second one she was as supportive as the first time lol. I'm currently planning my third Sd tattto.

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]that is awesome. my wife was the person who convinced me into getting my first Sd tattoo. so when it came down to getting my second one she was as supportive as the first time lol. I'm currently planning my third Sd tattto.[/quote]

You should post pics of your tattoos, I would love to see them. I want to get a sd tattoo also and am planning on it, I jsut have to save up the money for it first.

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 05/06/2010 - 13:30

i have posted them on here before. i'll find them and repost them. just give me some time when i get to work i'm at home right now and about to head out. so i'll get to that later this afternoon.

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]i have posted them on here before. i'll find them and repost them. just give me some time when i get to work i'm at home right now and about to head out. so i'll get to that later this afternoon.[/quote]

Awsome, I'll look forward to it tonight I am leaving for work soon too =( would rather stay home on here all day if I had the choice lol, oh well have to make money so i can spend it on shinedown and get my first shinedown tattoo, hopefully I can get it before the concert in august but not sure with all my other bills.

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 05/06/2010 - 16:40

cool make sure to post pics if you do go and get your first SD tattoo. lol. i have the Sd logo and the four crows tatted.

Just awesome! Love the crows tat. What are you thinking of for the 3rd?

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 05/06/2010 - 22:16

thank you very much for the compliments. my next tatt i want to get the lyrics "long live that day that I decided to fly from the inside". It's been my motto for quite some time and I would like to get it permanently put on my arm. I really like the way that zach tattoed the four crows on his arm but now I can't do that cuz I'll be copying lol. and those sound like good tattoos. so long as they are meaningful to you that's all that matters. sometimes people ask me what my tattoos mean why i tell them about 90% of them still don't understand why I did it. But that's alright not everyone is meant to understand.

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 05/06/2010 - 22:39

lol sorry. but it's cool were fellow Sd nation family members so its alright if we have the same lyrics. haha. i think you should continue by putting cuz i'm breaking inside. that would look really cool. where were you going to put that tatte you gotta make sure it can fit the lyrics nicely.

bobbette78

Thu, 05/06/2010 - 23:03

Ok how did I miss this thread with all the tattoo talk???

Tony I love your 'crows' tattoo - awesome!

I'm ready for a new tattoo, something SD related would be cool, just not sure what to get. Though I have an 's' on my foot and a 'd' on my wrist so that kind of counts....right???? lol :lol:

bobbette78

Thu, 05/06/2010 - 23:10

You will soon have a pic just like that! Just remember to tell Brent to smile - lol!

And I agree to add the BI to the tat!

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]Sd logo
[img]http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz11/shinedownjunkie45/DSC01361.jpg[…]

my four crows tattoo
[img]http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz11/shinedownjunkie45/DSC01360.jpg[…]

my wife and I the very first time we met them. My heart was pounding like crazy. haha
[img]http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz11/shinedownjunkie45/001.jpg[/img]…]

Your tattoos are awsome, thanks for sharing, nice pic of you, you wife, and the guys too.

classicgirl821

Fri, 05/07/2010 - 09:21

[color=darkblue]Cool tats Tony. I don't have any but I sure would get a SD one if I were to do it. BTW, my husband is totally cool with my Shinedown addiction. He rarely wants to see any band twice but is totally on board with Shinedown. Unfortunately I missed the Dallas presale. Ugh! I watched for days on end, then turned around for a second and missed it.[/color]

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 05/07/2010 - 09:25

lol that "s" and "d" kinda count lol. just gotta find a way to put them together. and ladysodevine those sound like really cool ideas for place to put the tattoos on. i wish you luck with them. its a big committment but I'd do it again for Sd. @classicgirl that's tough I'ven been keeping a close eye on my email for the presales and now that I finally got it I was all over that presale just waiting to buy my tickets to go to the show. I hope you can still get some decent tickets.

randomsunkist17

Sat, 05/08/2010 - 08:30

Sweet tats Junkie and I hope I find a guy that understands my addiction like Mindy's does. I wish I can get a tattoo but I don't know what I'd want and it'd be hard to find a place that won't show since I'm going to be a teacher. It's kind of frowned upon to get tats in the education world. Plus I am terrified of needles so I'm going to stick with henna and sticker tats, lol.

shinedownjunkie45

Sat, 05/08/2010 - 08:35

thanks. yeah i know what you mean about hiding the tatts. mine are both on my arm so as a business major I will need to wear alot of long sleeve shirts to hide my tatts. but it's all good.

randomsunkist17

Sat, 05/08/2010 - 09:02

I was thinking about getting something to do with teaching like an apple on my wrist (I could just hide it with a watch or bracelet) or something, maybe something SD related like I was thinking of maybe getting some of the lyrics to Second Chance since that's my favorite song and I can relate to that song a lot. But I don't know, once I move out and have enough money I'll see what I can do.

shinedownjunkie45

Sun, 05/09/2010 - 08:26

true you just gotta have something that you won't mind looking at for the rest of your life. my advice don't put something on there that your not fully sure that you would love to see every day and don't settle on a tattoo either. look for whatever is best for you.

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]true you just gotta have something that you won't mind looking at for the rest of your life. my advice don't put something on there that your not fully sure that you would love to see every day and don't settle on a tattoo either. look for whatever is best for you.[/quote]

Well said, I have a two tattoos already and while they do not have nay meaning, since I want to collect tattoos, you do have to make sure it is something that you really like and will want to see for the rest of your life.

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 05/10/2010 - 17:00

definately i'm still debating what I want for my third tattoo. for sure I want it to be Sd related. I would like to get it done sometime this week so I'm looking to see which design I want to go with.

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 05/10/2010 - 22:15

awesome. and yeah we had way back when but it's a bit outdated.

Well as most of ya'll know I've been anxiously waiting for presales for the Dallas show on 8/22. Well the email came yesterday and I'm excited to get some tickets today. I've been discussing with my wife which package would be best suited for us and our wallets. I had mentioned to her about the platinum package and the Zach Myers PRS guitar. She knows how much I want that guitar and said we would talk about it later. Well yesterday when I saw the email I told her I really wanted to buy tickets today. She said that it was cool for me to buy tickets but when I asked which ones she straight out asked well I thought you would buy the $1,000 tickets. My jaw almost dropped. My wife has always been very understanding of my passion/addiction for this great band but to hear her say that melted my heart. No one knows my dedication and admiration for this band the way she does. It really touched my heart that she would do that for me. The tickets are expencive for that price. She told me to work out our budget for the summer and see how it looked. If we could pay it all back to our credit card then I could buy the platinum package. Well I got right to work on it and found out that it was definately possible. But after much consideration I've decided that I could not go through with it. Seeing how much she cared for me to be happy really hit home with me. Instead I decided last night that I would go with the GOLD package. The only major difference is the guitar and I know I can order it through my local guitar shop. I said all that to say that this goes out to my wife. Thank you so much for your love and patience with me. But I can not be greedy and ask for the platinum package when I know the gold package will be just fine. So today I'll be buying two tickets with the Gold Package if you'll be at the Dallas show on 8/22 look for me. I'll be there with my spiked up hair my trademark khaki cargo shorts and my SD nation shirt. you'll know its me not because of what I'm wearing but because I'll be standing next to the greatest and most beautiful wife a guy could ever ask for. She is my world and my heart.

comments

awesome. and yeah we had way back when but it's a bit outdated.

definately i'm still debating what I want for my third tattoo. for sure I want it to be Sd related. I would like to get it done sometime this week so I'm looking to see which design I want to go with.

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]true you just gotta have something that you won't mind looking at for the rest of your life. my advice don't put something on there that your not fully sure that you would love to see every day and don't settle on a tattoo either. look for whatever is best for you.[/quote]

Well said, I have a two tattoos already and while they do not have nay meaning, since I want to collect tattoos, you do have to make sure it is something that you really like and will want to see for the rest of your life.

true you just gotta have something that you won't mind looking at for the rest of your life. my advice don't put something on there that your not fully sure that you would love to see every day and don't settle on a tattoo either. look for whatever is best for you.

I was thinking about getting something to do with teaching like an apple on my wrist (I could just hide it with a watch or bracelet) or something, maybe something SD related like I was thinking of maybe getting some of the lyrics to Second Chance since that's my favorite song and I can relate to that song a lot. But I don't know, once I move out and have enough money I'll see what I can do.

thanks. yeah i know what you mean about hiding the tatts. mine are both on my arm so as a business major I will need to wear alot of long sleeve shirts to hide my tatts. but it's all good.

Sweet tats Junkie and I hope I find a guy that understands my addiction like Mindy's does. I wish I can get a tattoo but I don't know what I'd want and it'd be hard to find a place that won't show since I'm going to be a teacher. It's kind of frowned upon to get tats in the education world. Plus I am terrified of needles so I'm going to stick with henna and sticker tats, lol.

lol that "s" and "d" kinda count lol. just gotta find a way to put them together. and ladysodevine those sound like really cool ideas for place to put the tattoos on. i wish you luck with them. its a big committment but I'd do it again for Sd. @classicgirl that's tough I'ven been keeping a close eye on my email for the presales and now that I finally got it I was all over that presale just waiting to buy my tickets to go to the show. I hope you can still get some decent tickets.

[color=darkblue]Cool tats Tony. I don't have any but I sure would get a SD one if I were to do it. BTW, my husband is totally cool with my Shinedown addiction. He rarely wants to see any band twice but is totally on board with Shinedown. Unfortunately I missed the Dallas presale. Ugh! I watched for days on end, then turned around for a second and missed it.[/color]

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]Sd logo
[img]http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz11/shinedownjunkie45/DSC01361.jpg[…]

my four crows tattoo
[img]http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz11/shinedownjunkie45/DSC01360.jpg[…]

my wife and I the very first time we met them. My heart was pounding like crazy. haha
[img]http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz11/shinedownjunkie45/001.jpg[/img]…]

Your tattoos are awsome, thanks for sharing, nice pic of you, you wife, and the guys too.

You will soon have a pic just like that! Just remember to tell Brent to smile - lol!

And I agree to add the BI to the tat!

Ok how did I miss this thread with all the tattoo talk???

Tony I love your 'crows' tattoo - awesome!

I'm ready for a new tattoo, something SD related would be cool, just not sure what to get. Though I have an 's' on my foot and a 'd' on my wrist so that kind of counts....right???? lol :lol:

lol sorry. but it's cool were fellow Sd nation family members so its alright if we have the same lyrics. haha. i think you should continue by putting cuz i'm breaking inside. that would look really cool. where were you going to put that tatte you gotta make sure it can fit the lyrics nicely.

thank you very much for the compliments. my next tatt i want to get the lyrics "long live that day that I decided to fly from the inside". It's been my motto for quite some time and I would like to get it permanently put on my arm. I really like the way that zach tattoed the four crows on his arm but now I can't do that cuz I'll be copying lol. and those sound like good tattoos. so long as they are meaningful to you that's all that matters. sometimes people ask me what my tattoos mean why i tell them about 90% of them still don't understand why I did it. But that's alright not everyone is meant to understand.

Just awesome! Love the crows tat. What are you thinking of for the 3rd?

cool make sure to post pics if you do go and get your first SD tattoo. lol. i have the Sd logo and the four crows tatted.

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]i have posted them on here before. i'll find them and repost them. just give me some time when i get to work i'm at home right now and about to head out. so i'll get to that later this afternoon.[/quote]

Awsome, I'll look forward to it tonight I am leaving for work soon too =( would rather stay home on here all day if I had the choice lol, oh well have to make money so i can spend it on shinedown and get my first shinedown tattoo, hopefully I can get it before the concert in august but not sure with all my other bills.

i have posted them on here before. i'll find them and repost them. just give me some time when i get to work i'm at home right now and about to head out. so i'll get to that later this afternoon.

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]that is awesome. my wife was the person who convinced me into getting my first Sd tattoo. so when it came down to getting my second one she was as supportive as the first time lol. I'm currently planning my third Sd tattto.[/quote]

You should post pics of your tattoos, I would love to see them. I want to get a sd tattoo also and am planning on it, I jsut have to save up the money for it first.

that is awesome. my wife was the person who convinced me into getting my first Sd tattoo. so when it came down to getting my second one she was as supportive as the first time lol. I'm currently planning my third Sd tattto.

[quote="ladysodevine"]Junkie, I'm right there with ya'. My hubby is the male version of your wife! LOL Isn't great to find that one person that gets you, lets you be who you are, and is supportive all the way? Bryan has been uber-supportive of my SD addiction. He never said anything when I made the decision to drive 4 and 5 hours away for two shows this summer, and will probably go to both with me. (I do believe that I'm beginning to convert him to a more hard-core SD fan! LOL) Buying the Gold tix wasn't even a discussion, but the fact that he was even considering the Platinum was stunning. But then again, I have supported his addiction over the years as well...he's an avid GI Joe collector, and I don't know of too many women who would let a 8' by 4' display case reside in their master bedroom! :lol: While the rest of the collection takes over a spare bedroom... :roll: :lol:
He's my best friend and the love of my life. There is not one single person on this Earth that I would rather spend time with. Okay, MAYBE Barry... Just kidding! :wink:[/quote]

Does your hubby have a brother??? Seriously men like yours do not exist on my plane lol. Although Shinedownjukie45 said there was a Zach myers impersonator out there could go for that too hehe.

yeah we've said it before we gotta have a show just for the Sd nation family. so we can all hang with each other. the wait is over and I got the gold package got some decent seats and i'm glad i'm going with my wife. :)

Aww, you both sound like great people. Too bad Texas is a zillion states away from NJ, love to meet you.

And glad the wait was finally over for you!

Lmao well he did mention once that there was a zach myers impersonator.

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]haha i'm sure you'll find him. but she truly is amazing. only an hour and a half left come on 12pm.[/quote]

T-Minus 5 minutes and counting!!!! Is there a Zach Myers clone out there somewhere I don't know about? lmao

haha i'm sure you'll find him. but she truly is amazing. only an hour and a half left come on 12pm.

That is amazing to have such a wonderful wife, no if only I could find a husband that would be like her =)