how much would it cost...?

• how much would it cost...?
    zbulling

to have SD play an acoustic session at my wedding reception. im not talking about a full out concert just an acoustic session for like an hour and a half, 2 hours. obviously i understand they are very busy but its like 2 years away and it would be absolutely insane :!:

Submitted by zbulling on
Forum category
Is pro
No

somwhere from 20-40 thousand dollars

an arm and a leg.

Yeah, if your wedding is two years away, who knows what kind of superstars they would be. The price may be astronomically over the first quoted 20-40 grand.

If I had the $$$$$, I would so pursue this. Shinedown and their music are priceless...

Plus, I would have an open bar!!!! ;)

synneraboveall

Fri, 08/01/2008 - 23:17

ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!

hahahahahaha....sorry had to do it...I was thinking it earlier this morning but didn't post here...lol

evenangelsfall

Fri, 08/01/2008 - 23:58

Well, SD is VERY fanbased. Your request isn't and MAY not be that far fetched you know.

That would be a dream come TRUE for me. I wish ya luck.

That would awesome if they played. Good luck with it. I would ask the band. And I was just wondering.....can I come? haha

evenangelsfall

Sat, 08/02/2008 - 20:59

hell yeh man me too!

promise ill behave and learn to be lady-like :P

sweetseekinglife

Sat, 08/02/2008 - 21:59

I guess I need to start saving... :)
It would be so fitting for us, me and my fiance had our first date seeing SD on New Years Eve :D Maybe I will win the lottery!

synneraboveall

Sat, 08/02/2008 - 23:56

Hahahaha...YEAH...you should have us on here come to your wedding, too..lol I'll see about talking to the guys tomorrow.

yeah i figured it would be quite a bit but ill see what if i can get some connections or something. of course all of you are welcome if this actually works out, seriously but only fanclub members of course

yeah i forgot how they will be a lot bigger in 2 years, so make that somewhere around 100k

Why do people thing that they're going to be bigger in 2 years, maybe on the international stage but back at home? They will need a killer breakout song off of the new album to do that so that would mean a ballad which isn't really what Shinedown should be about.

I think they'll be headlining the same size venues in the US in 2 years as they are now.

[quote="stephenmuk"]Why do people thing that they're going to be bigger in 2 years, maybe on the international stage but back at home? They will need a killer breakout song off of the new album to do that so that would mean a ballad which isn't really what Shinedown should be about.

I think they'll be headlining the same size venues in the US in 2 years as they are now.[/quote]

do you live in a hole?

second chance, if you only knew, breaking inside(sad but true), and call me are all great ballads to be chosen as a breakout single, anyh one of those can do great on pop radio, crow and the butterfly and what a shame are better songs in my opinion but wouldnt do as well on pop radio.

My point wasn't 'What ballads could they release as singles off of the new album'. As you've said they are great songs, but it was a concern that to become a much bigger band that they'll go down that route to do so and move away from their rock roots.

Take 3 Doors Down as an example, they've gone from being a band that makes rock albums with a couple of ballads to one that makes ballad albums with a couple of rock songs, mainly to become more mainstream. I would prefer it if Shinedown didn't go down the same route.

u just made me want to get married so i can have an excuse and invite them to play at my wedding. haha
im proposing today

[quote="fenderguitars777"]oooh

Invite them to your wedding. Then when they arrive, just happen to have a few acoustics and a drumset set up, and say the other band "never showed"

:)[/quote]

I love that idea. Totally perfect.

to have SD play an acoustic session at my wedding reception. im not talking about a full out concert just an acoustic session for like an hour and a half, 2 hours. obviously i understand they are very busy but its like 2 years away and it would be absolutely insane :!:

comments

[quote="fenderguitars777"]oooh

Invite them to your wedding. Then when they arrive, just happen to have a few acoustics and a drumset set up, and say the other band "never showed"

:)[/quote]

I love that idea. Totally perfect.

u just made me want to get married so i can have an excuse and invite them to play at my wedding. haha
im proposing today

My point wasn't 'What ballads could they release as singles off of the new album'. As you've said they are great songs, but it was a concern that to become a much bigger band that they'll go down that route to do so and move away from their rock roots.

Take 3 Doors Down as an example, they've gone from being a band that makes rock albums with a couple of ballads to one that makes ballad albums with a couple of rock songs, mainly to become more mainstream. I would prefer it if Shinedown didn't go down the same route.

[quote="stephenmuk"]Why do people thing that they're going to be bigger in 2 years, maybe on the international stage but back at home? They will need a killer breakout song off of the new album to do that so that would mean a ballad which isn't really what Shinedown should be about.

I think they'll be headlining the same size venues in the US in 2 years as they are now.[/quote]

do you live in a hole?

second chance, if you only knew, breaking inside(sad but true), and call me are all great ballads to be chosen as a breakout single, anyh one of those can do great on pop radio, crow and the butterfly and what a shame are better songs in my opinion but wouldnt do as well on pop radio.

Why do people thing that they're going to be bigger in 2 years, maybe on the international stage but back at home? They will need a killer breakout song off of the new album to do that so that would mean a ballad which isn't really what Shinedown should be about.

I think they'll be headlining the same size venues in the US in 2 years as they are now.

yeah i forgot how they will be a lot bigger in 2 years, so make that somewhere around 100k

yeah i figured it would be quite a bit but ill see what if i can get some connections or something. of course all of you are welcome if this actually works out, seriously but only fanclub members of course

Hahahaha...YEAH...you should have us on here come to your wedding, too..lol I'll see about talking to the guys tomorrow.

I guess I need to start saving... :)
It would be so fitting for us, me and my fiance had our first date seeing SD on New Years Eve :D Maybe I will win the lottery!

hell yeh man me too!

promise ill behave and learn to be lady-like :P

That would awesome if they played. Good luck with it. I would ask the band. And I was just wondering.....can I come? haha

Well, SD is VERY fanbased. Your request isn't and MAY not be that far fetched you know.

That would be a dream come TRUE for me. I wish ya luck.

ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!

hahahahahaha....sorry had to do it...I was thinking it earlier this morning but didn't post here...lol

If I had the $$$$$, I would so pursue this. Shinedown and their music are priceless...

Plus, I would have an open bar!!!! ;)

Yeah, if your wedding is two years away, who knows what kind of superstars they would be. The price may be astronomically over the first quoted 20-40 grand.

an arm and a leg.

somwhere from 20-40 thousand dollars