how is everyone??

• how is everyone??
    Well I Got A Candle.

since this forum just died overnight it seems, how is everyone doing?
    i myself, am doing good just focused on school.

Submitted by Well I Got A Candle. on
Forum category
Is pro
No

synneraboveall

Sat, 10/04/2008 - 23:58

I'm tired and don't know why I'm still up!!!!! lol

JeffTaormina

Sun, 10/05/2008 - 19:53

Busy night/day at the fire house.

shinersweetie_4300

Sun, 10/05/2008 - 23:23

i am doing ok. dealing with alot of changes in my life but im good.

JeffTaormina

Mon, 10/06/2008 - 07:09

Ok my back (Left shoulder and neck) is killing me I must have pulled or tweaked something in one of the fires the past few days!

OWWWWWWWWW! :cry:

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 10/06/2008 - 14:36

jaster you can definately say you have tough days at the office both physically and mentally. i'm doing alright just school and work.

JeffTaormina

Mon, 10/06/2008 - 19:34

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]jaster you can definately say you have tough days at the office both physically and mentally. i'm doing alright just school and work.[/quote]

Well it's just a job.
Yes some days it can kick you in the teeth but the reward is more than worth it.
when you're a firefighter you're not just tied to your shift.
You don't "just go home". You are a firefighter 24 hours 7 days.
It's in you. (My father and all 2 brothers are firefighters the other brother is a police officer)

I did tweak my back pretty good.

Deaf Angel

Tue, 10/07/2008 - 00:26

jaster that's a pretty amazing job you have!
i can't even imagine what it must take to do what you do.
do you work in a very large city?

JeffTaormina

Tue, 10/07/2008 - 07:38

I work near NYC. It's large enough.
We are a few miles away from Giants' Stadium.
Right next to Newak, Jersey City and NYC.

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 10/08/2008 - 15:06

[quote="jaster"][quote="shinedownjunkie45"]jaster you can definately say you have tough days at the office both physically and mentally. i'm doing alright just school and work.[/quote]

Well it's just a job.
Yes some days it can kick you in the teeth but the reward is more than worth it.
It's in you. (My father and all 2 brothers are firefighters the other brother is a police officer)

I did tweak my back pretty good.[/quote]
all of you come from a firefighting background. it seems all of you love helping people. much respect for that. i don't know that i could do something like that. it's not that i don't enjoy helping people it's just that i don't have it in me to be able to do it 24/7.

JeffTaormina

Tue, 10/21/2008 - 07:39

We all help in our own ways.
Thank you for your kind words.

For the most part, crazy busy with work.....Crime never takes a break, even with the shit economy.

I could use a break from the drama at home.

*hugs* to all!

JeffTaormina

Sat, 10/25/2008 - 22:24

In and out tonight on Storm details.

Lots of wires and trees down.

We're in for a long wet cold windy night!

JeffTaormina

Mon, 10/27/2008 - 07:28

OK I'm back to lifting (weights) like an animal.....Well at least a 41 year old animal.

It's good to be able to move that kind of weight again.
I just need longer rest and a few build up sets.

Don't get old LOL :lol:

[quote="jaster"]
Don't get old LOL :lol:[/quote]

Trying my damndest to do so!!!!!

Busy...busy....busy.....thank god or I would sure be more insane than I am now!

:shock: :D :lol:

JeffTaormina

Mon, 10/27/2008 - 13:14

LOL I hear that.

Yup I'm getting back to "Benchin' Buicks" "Dentin' the weight plates" again!

LOL
Got some new Gym stuff delivered.
Feel good after a good quick heavy sesion last night!

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 10/27/2008 - 14:45

jaster you are an inspiration. i need to get back to lifting i used to lift alot in high school but now i never lift any more. slowly you are inspiring me to get back into the gym.

JeffTaormina

Mon, 10/27/2008 - 16:26

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]jaster you are an inspiration. i need to get back to lifting i used to lift alot in high school but now i never lift any more. slowly you are inspiring me to get back into the gym.[/quote]

Get back to it. Just go move some weight through space.
I didn't feel like getting back in the gym but I did and now I feel great.

I have a full pro gym in my house too. It went to waste for about 6 months but now I am back.

I used to compete in power lifting (late 90's -2000).

My records are:

245 Class

Bench: 525Lbs
Squat: 612Lbs
Dead Lift: 645Lbs

Total 1,782
Pound for Pound: 7.3 (Total divided by your weight)

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 10/27/2008 - 17:58

[quote="jaster"][quote="shinedownjunkie45"]jaster you are an inspiration. i need to get back to lifting i used to lift alot in high school but now i never lift any more. slowly you are inspiring me to get back into the gym.[/quote]

I have a full pro gym in my house too. It went to waste for about 6 months but now I am back.

My records are:

245 Class

Total 1,782
Pound for Pound: 7.3 (Total divided by your weight)[/quote]

wow very impressive my friend. my personal best in high school was 235 pounds on bench, deadlift 300, squat 215, incline 205. and i was weighing about 160-170 at the time. that was the best shape i had ever been in playing football. but then i dislocated my foot and it was over for me. hardly ever lifted after that. and now i haven't lifted in about a year now. i will get back to it though. i'll keep you posted on my progress. i think it will help someone to share it with. besides you've really lit the fire that used to burn strong within me lol. thanks jaster.

JeffTaormina

Mon, 10/27/2008 - 18:37

Hey that's great!!

Keep me posted and any questions feel free to ask.

I'm always happy to hear about some one starting off.

synneraboveall

Tue, 10/28/2008 - 22:16

Hahahaha...I haven't lifted weights in yrs!!!!! I stopped after college cause I got hurt to much. Track is a tough sports if your a thrower like I was..my shoulder is still f'ed up!!!!! I try to work out sometimes but it don't happen a lot of times..but I have lost 13lbs in the last 2 or 3 weeks. I'm excited about that went from 242 to 229..I'm excited cause this is the least I've weighed in like 7 or 8yrs...lol

JeffTaormina

Wed, 10/29/2008 - 07:34

Great keep it up Lisa!!

Yeah I messed up my rotator cuff when I was doing meets.
I have to lift differently now because of it.
That's one of the reasons I don't do meets any more.

I just got my new gym machine!!!!!!

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 10/29/2008 - 13:48

that's really good lisa. keep up the good work!

synneraboveall

Thu, 10/30/2008 - 00:29

Thanks...I'm trying keep it up...I'm also trying not to lose muscle too...I though I keep losing some maybe I should work out, too..lol hmmmmm

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 10/30/2008 - 11:57

maybe you should sometimes working out a little helps you keep your muscle while still losing weight. I am going to do my best get to the gym today if not go for a two mile run at least. man i need to work out i just get lazy since i got school and work but i got to do this.

JeffTaormina

Thu, 10/30/2008 - 14:59

I have a full pro (Powerlifting)gym in my home. :lol:

synneraboveall

Fri, 10/31/2008 - 00:04

[quote="jaster"]I have a full pro (Powerlifting)gym in my home. :lol:[/quote]

you should let people use it and charge a fee...LOL

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 10/31/2008 - 13:50

alright i'm so proud of myself went to the gym yesterday had a great work out then went out for a two mile run I was dying on the way back but man was I glad i didn't quit.

synneraboveall

Sun, 11/02/2008 - 00:03

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]alright i'm so proud of myself went to the gym yesterday had a great work out then went out for a two mile run I was dying on the way back but man was I glad i didn't quit.[/quote]

That's awesome...wish I had that will power...sometimes I feel like going for runs then I remember the dumbasses in this town and think..NOPE!!!!! lol And the cops in this town are super to and stop people for no reason...so I don't like to go for runs in this town.

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 11/04/2008 - 09:36

[quote="synneraboveall"][quote="shinedownjunkie45"]alright i'm so proud of myself went to the gym yesterday had a great work out then went out for a two mile run I was dying on the way back but man was I glad i didn't quit.[/quote]

That's awesome...wish I had that will power...sometimes I feel like going for runs then I remember the dumbasses in this town and think..NOPE!!!!! lol And the cops in this town are super to and stop people for no reason...so I don't like to go for runs in this town.[/quote]

that's crazy. i usually run in the afternoon and the two mile run cuts through the university where i go to school so my biggest worry is running into people that just don't move out of the way lol. I'm always listening to some SD while running so if they don't move I'm pumped and just shove them out of the way. lol. I always sin with a grin. :twisted:

synneraboveall

Thu, 11/06/2008 - 00:31

I used to do that when I was in college.

How am I doing today...well it's been one month to the day since my mom passed away and tomorrow is her birthday so....I've been having a peachy couple of days!!!! Kind of not really!!!!!

since this forum just died overnight it seems, how is everyone doing?
i myself, am doing good just focused on school.

comments

[quote="raymond"]Be strong, Lisa!

I'm quite good, I turn 18 on the 11th....a legal adult![/quote]

One more day for you..OH NO!!!!! lol Hope you have a great b-day!!!!

Today is bright and sunny day..not outside but in my heart and soul. This weekend was so amazing..I was sad cause Shinedown was not at the show with Avenged Sevenfold, Buckcherry and Saving Abel but I had a great weekend and if felt so good to get away and finally see a show and finally see and MEET Avenged Sevenfold...been waiting 3yrs for that. Buckcherry was amazing and Saving Abel was so fun to watch. Hanging out with them all after the show was the best!!!!

[quote="raymond"]Be strong, Lisa!

I'm quite good, I turn 18 on the 11th....a legal adult![/quote]
awesome enjoy adulthood.

lisa, hang in there hunny. we are here for you!

just keep taking it one day at a time lisa. be strong. you have your extended sd family here for you.

I used to do that when I was in college.

How am I doing today...well it's been one month to the day since my mom passed away and tomorrow is her birthday so....I've been having a peachy couple of days!!!! Kind of not really!!!!!

[quote="synneraboveall"][quote="shinedownjunkie45"]alright i'm so proud of myself went to the gym yesterday had a great work out then went out for a two mile run I was dying on the way back but man was I glad i didn't quit.[/quote]

That's awesome...wish I had that will power...sometimes I feel like going for runs then I remember the dumbasses in this town and think..NOPE!!!!! lol And the cops in this town are super to and stop people for no reason...so I don't like to go for runs in this town.[/quote]

that's crazy. i usually run in the afternoon and the two mile run cuts through the university where i go to school so my biggest worry is running into people that just don't move out of the way lol. I'm always listening to some SD while running so if they don't move I'm pumped and just shove them out of the way. lol. I always sin with a grin. :twisted:

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]alright i'm so proud of myself went to the gym yesterday had a great work out then went out for a two mile run I was dying on the way back but man was I glad i didn't quit.[/quote]

That's awesome...wish I had that will power...sometimes I feel like going for runs then I remember the dumbasses in this town and think..NOPE!!!!! lol And the cops in this town are super to and stop people for no reason...so I don't like to go for runs in this town.

alright i'm so proud of myself went to the gym yesterday had a great work out then went out for a two mile run I was dying on the way back but man was I glad i didn't quit.

[quote="jaster"]I have a full pro (Powerlifting)gym in my home. :lol:[/quote]

you should let people use it and charge a fee...LOL

I have a full pro (Powerlifting)gym in my home. :lol:

maybe you should sometimes working out a little helps you keep your muscle while still losing weight. I am going to do my best get to the gym today if not go for a two mile run at least. man i need to work out i just get lazy since i got school and work but i got to do this.

Thanks...I'm trying keep it up...I'm also trying not to lose muscle too...I though I keep losing some maybe I should work out, too..lol hmmmmm

that's really good lisa. keep up the good work!

Great keep it up Lisa!!

Yeah I messed up my rotator cuff when I was doing meets.
I have to lift differently now because of it.
That's one of the reasons I don't do meets any more.

I just got my new gym machine!!!!!!

Hahahaha...I haven't lifted weights in yrs!!!!! I stopped after college cause I got hurt to much. Track is a tough sports if your a thrower like I was..my shoulder is still f'ed up!!!!! I try to work out sometimes but it don't happen a lot of times..but I have lost 13lbs in the last 2 or 3 weeks. I'm excited about that went from 242 to 229..I'm excited cause this is the least I've weighed in like 7 or 8yrs...lol

Hey that's great!!

Keep me posted and any questions feel free to ask.

I'm always happy to hear about some one starting off.

[quote="jaster"][quote="shinedownjunkie45"]jaster you are an inspiration. i need to get back to lifting i used to lift alot in high school but now i never lift any more. slowly you are inspiring me to get back into the gym.[/quote]

My records are:

245 Class

Total 1,782
Pound for Pound: 7.3 (Total divided by your weight)[/quote]

wow very impressive my friend. my personal best in high school was 235 pounds on bench, deadlift 300, squat 215, incline 205. and i was weighing about 160-170 at the time. that was the best shape i had ever been in playing football. but then i dislocated my foot and it was over for me. hardly ever lifted after that. and now i haven't lifted in about a year now. i will get back to it though. i'll keep you posted on my progress. i think it will help someone to share it with. besides you've really lit the fire that used to burn strong within me lol. thanks jaster.

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]jaster you are an inspiration. i need to get back to lifting i used to lift alot in high school but now i never lift any more. slowly you are inspiring me to get back into the gym.[/quote]

My records are:

245 Class

Total 1,782
Pound for Pound: 7.3 (Total divided by your weight)

jaster you are an inspiration. i need to get back to lifting i used to lift alot in high school but now i never lift any more. slowly you are inspiring me to get back into the gym.

LOL I hear that.

Yup I'm getting back to "Benchin' Buicks" "Dentin' the weight plates" again!

LOL
Got some new Gym stuff delivered.
Feel good after a good quick heavy sesion last night!

[quote="jaster"]
Don't get old LOL :lol:[/quote]

Trying my damndest to do so!!!!!

Busy...busy....busy.....thank god or I would sure be more insane than I am now!

:shock: :D :lol:

OK I'm back to lifting (weights) like an animal.....Well at least a 41 year old animal.

It's good to be able to move that kind of weight again.
I just need longer rest and a few build up sets.

Don't get old LOL :lol:

In and out tonight on Storm details.

Lots of wires and trees down.

We're in for a long wet cold windy night!

For the most part, crazy busy with work.....Crime never takes a break, even with the shit economy.

I could use a break from the drama at home.

*hugs* to all!

We all help in our own ways.
Thank you for your kind words.

[quote="jaster"][quote="shinedownjunkie45"]jaster you can definately say you have tough days at the office both physically and mentally. i'm doing alright just school and work.[/quote]

Well it's just a job.

I did tweak my back pretty good.[/quote]
all of you come from a firefighting background. it seems all of you love helping people. much respect for that. i don't know that i could do something like that. it's not that i don't enjoy helping people it's just that i don't have it in me to be able to do it 24/7.

I work near NYC. It's large enough.
We are a few miles away from Giants' Stadium.
Right next to Newak, Jersey City and NYC.

jaster that's a pretty amazing job you have!
i can't even imagine what it must take to do what you do.
do you work in a very large city?

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]jaster you can definately say you have tough days at the office both physically and mentally. i'm doing alright just school and work.[/quote]

Well it's just a job.

I did tweak my back pretty good.

jaster you can definately say you have tough days at the office both physically and mentally. i'm doing alright just school and work.

Ok my back (Left shoulder and neck) is killing me I must have pulled or tweaked something in one of the fires the past few days!

OWWWWWWWWW! :cry:

i am doing ok. dealing with alot of changes in my life but im good.

Busy night/day at the fire house.

I'm tired and don't know why I'm still up!!!!! lol