How did you meet the band?

• How did you meet the band?
    robbig21

I figure there are a lot of us here who have met the band... How?

I met them at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally several years ago. They weren't big yet, in fact if I remember right it was right when 45 was just hitting airwaves. They were the opening band for a big night at one of the local venues, The Buffalo Chip. (They destroyed the other three bands too... Seether, Our Lady Peace and Three Doors Down) and after they played, they came into the crowd with us. I was privileged enough to meet Brent, Barry, Jasin and Brad. Awesome night, and it made me a lifelong fan. I bought the album the next day. I've gone to see them two more times since, and plan to many more times in the future.

Submitted by robbig21 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

hardygirl2xv1

Thu, 06/26/2008 - 02:02

I met them in 2004, just before the re-release of LAW came out. They played a free show in Lafayette, LA for the state fair. Before any of the bands played (there were 2 others on before them), the guys came on stage and did their own soundcheck, which I thought was very cool. Afterwards, they signed stuff and took pictures with fans. I was front row for that show, and until that night I didn't know they had covered Simple Man, so really the first time I heard them play it was live - which was freakin awesome.

hollydoll

Thu, 06/26/2008 - 10:46

I met them at Pop's Nightclub in East St. Louis last August. It was my 6th show and it finally happened! Made my year. :D

Well I Got A Candle.

Thu, 06/26/2008 - 12:12

ive only met Mr.Kerch, Mr.Smith :\ good enough there both amazing..

I have only met Brent and Jasin (back in 2005). Both guys were extremely nice.

I posted the review of that show on the board. You can read it here if you are interested. [url]http://www.shinedownnation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60[/url]

Ive tried to meet the band at a couple shows since then but it just never worked out.

I have two shows this summer so never say never, right?? :)

[b]The guys were here last summer for a gig at the Michigan State Fair. Weather sucked and they were not able to plug any of their equipment in. So what do you do at that point...........bring the crowd up close and personal and do a short acoustic performance. We yelled out what we wanted to hear and other than a few annoying people around me, it was very cool. They did a little impromptu M&G afterwards with pics and autographs so what could have turned out to be a disasterous night actually turned out great. They promised they'd be back and they're holding true to it![/b]

synneraboveall

Thu, 06/26/2008 - 15:11

[quote="hollydoll"]I met them at Pop's Nightclub in East St. Louis last August. It was my 6th show and it finally happened! Made my year. :D[/quote]

That is my favorite place to meet 'rock stars'..lol I love that venue!!!!!

synneraboveall

Thu, 06/26/2008 - 15:12

The first time I met the guys was in '04 in a small bar that held maybe 400 people and since then it has been non-stop hangin with the band after shows..lol I loves them boys!!!!!

romancerockstar

Thu, 06/26/2008 - 22:21

I have been lucky enough to see them 9 times and have met them 7! I asked several years back on the main board and people were nice enough to let me know to hang out after the show!

I have hung out with them after 7 shows now - 5 in Louisiana, 1 in Houston, and 1 in Fort Walton. Fort Walton was the first time I met Zach... 2 years ago. He recognized me after the show in New Orleans last week and said, "Hey, I have a picture of you and me on my MySpace! I thought we were gonna see you in Fort Walton!" I like to peed my pants laughing when the other people around me were like "Who in the hell is this chick?" lol

He has one hell of a memory! lol

BrAnDi_11

Fri, 06/27/2008 - 00:58

I met Brent & Brad for the 1st time in 06 @ club Lavela in panama city beach they walked right by everyone waiting in line & no one said a word so my husband called them out asked if they would sign my Us & them Cd & take pics. They did I was so excited they were really nice. Met Barry & saw brent again @ Bayfest in mobile later that year Barry was putting up merchandise & walked right by us he was cool stopped hung out with us. IThen I just got to meet the "New Band" June 16th @ the swamp FWB Eric & Zack were by the merchandise table before the show spoke to them then & after the show everyone come out and was really nice took pics talked it was really awesome.

I met Brent, Barry, Brad, and Jasin the October before last, I believe. My friends and I went to a concert they were haveing in Starkville Ms. on the campus of Mississippi State University. One of the friends who was with me told us we could probably head back to where they parked the buses and catch the band so we did, and we did XD

There were five of us and we met some other people waiting for the band and chatted while we waited. Brent came off the tour bus and kinda looked around like "whoa". It was kinda funny but I was too nervous at the time to appreciate it. I wish I had found myself enough to really talk to him but we managed to get his autograph before more fans started flocking as well as a really bad quality picture on our friends camera phone. We then saw Jasin standing off to the side.. no one had really noticed him yet because he had a hoodie on up over his head (looked scarey o_o ) and we grabbed his autograph too along with some other girls before he decided to split. We also snagged photos with Brad and Barry.

Another funny story, I told Barry I had seen him in the bookstore earlier and he said something like "Yeah, I was looking for a book but they don't have it."
The story, however, went more like this..

It was my first concert and it was Shinedown, so naturally I wanted so bad to be first in line (it was general admission) so I could get a good spot. My friends, however, decided they needed to use the restroom. I grumbled a lot and followed them. They used the bathroom and decided there was still more than an hour before the show, they wanted to check out the new bookstore. Once again...*grumble grumble follow like a good puppy*
Well, I was waiting for them to go through the line at Starbucks there and in a very foul mood when the door opens and someone comes in. I look up because it was a really cute guy and those catch my interest pretty quick.... of course it took only two seconds more for it to dawn on me it was Barry. I must have looked like I had seen a ghost because one of my friends looked at me like I was crazy... and as Barry passed me I mouthed to her "That's Barry Kerch! The drummer from Shinedown!"
It took her a few minutes to comprehend and pass the message on to our other friends in line. I wish I had been brave enough to go talk to him as he wandered around the store, but I felt like he'd probably want his space =3

Gonna share some picks here since they kinda relate to the post. Like I said, the quality is insanely insanely bad because it was on an old motorola phone.. makes me sad but next time I go see them I will be prepared!

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/NekoVampire/brent.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/NekoVampire/Barry.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/NekoVampire/Brad.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/NekoVampire/Jasin.jpg[/img]

rocknblues14

Fri, 06/27/2008 - 09:24

I met them at Rock on the Range in Columbus, OH at the FYE tent. You had to buy a CD (in this case, the pre-order of Devour) and only one person could get in to the meet and greet. My 16 yr old daughter wanted to meet them so bad but that wasn't happening. So, while they were signing their poster, I took in a blank piece of white paper and asked if they could sign it for her. They were SO nice and asked her name. They are VERY personable! That's what brings people back to shows and keeps fans! They were great! I'm going to see them again in South Bend next month. Can't wait!!!

albinocrow

Fri, 06/27/2008 - 15:48

[b][color=indigo]i got the plesure to meet Brent and Berry at the Michigan State Fair last year. the weather was beyond horrible but i refused to leave i was playin in the huge rain puddles hopein and prayin they would still play and after the rain finally quit they came out and played acoustic. it was the best show i had been to and i thank them for being there for the fans that stayed. after playin a few songs they came out and met all of the fans that stayed for them. i wont ever forget that Thank you guys so much for not ditching us who stayed that night. [/color][/b]

They played the small town of Harrison, Arkansas Saturday night and they were awesome enough to meet us and sign autographs...on my chest...lol...and I got a guitar pick from Zach...who kicks major ass!! Luv u Zach! :wink: :wink:

I had seen shinedown three times and met them on the fourth. The show was in San Antonio and I took my little sister for her graduation. It was the first time going without my wife since she is pregnant. We met all five guys and they all signed the set list from that night for me. Barry and i talked about some old songs and brent told me a little bout being a dad. they all signed a shirt for my sister. great guys

leftoutintherain

Thu, 07/03/2008 - 04:19

Met them in Lubbock on June 30, 2008.
Nowhere to be found after leaving stage. Everyone left but I just stayed. Then Eric and Barry came by. They were great! They got the rest of the band to meet me. No one else in Lubbock seemed to stay for it. What a night!

Figured Id better add an update to what I posted on the first page.

I saw the band at Summerfest 6/28. I met everyone except Brent at a pre-show meet and greet. (no pics, but I got to talk with everyone really quickly and had them sign my CD.)

After the show, instead of security kicking us out like they almost always do at Summerfest, everyone in the band came out to meet with the fans! WOOT!

I was able to talk with Brent, have him sign my stuff and I got pics with everyone! Double WOOT!

I have not had a chance to put a review up on my website but I posted the M&G pics on myspace.

[url]http://www.myspace.com/muzik_freak[/url]

They are in the picture folder called I Met The Band

AntiSocial Pap…

Thu, 07/03/2008 - 18:32

I met them (BK,BS,BS,JT) erm... two summers ago... end of August in Boise, ID. They were playing at the fair there. We drove 10 hours one-way to see 'em cuz... yeah it was a SD concert for $6. The local radio station gave VIP passes to the first 10 people in line. So me a few girlfriends got to go back 'n get pics and autographs. It was pretty sweet. I was too star-struck to say anything intelligent, though. Lol. :roll:

Now that they are coming to the West Coast hopefully I will have the chance to meet these dudes. Seem cool as hell. Can't wait till the 09/02 concert in San Francisco! w00t!

I saw them for the first time last Wednesday at Croc Rock in Allentown. After the show, I was just leaving the Cafe upstairs when I noticed a crowd around Brent. He had just told them that he was tired and that he was sorry. So I ran to catch up with him just before he got on the bus. I asked him for a picture and he said sure, let me get changed first. So I got to meet him, and get his autograph. The Zach came out too. It just amazes me that, even though he was exaughsted and worn out, he still came back and took pictures and signed autographs. That is a great man right there.

synneraboveall

Thu, 07/24/2008 - 01:02

Aww...see that is why I love Brent...he's such as an amazing man!!!!!

i finally met them for the first time tonight,
we waited by their tour bus until they came out and all made their rounds through the crowd, getting pics taken and signing autographs. theyre all really sweet guys, every single one thanked me for coming to the show and was more than happy to let me snap a pic with them. theyre wonderful, i cant wait to meet them again :-)

[quote="albino_crow"][b][color=indigo]i got the plesure to meet Brent and Berry at the Michigan State Fair last year. the weather was beyond horrible but i refused to leave i was playin in the huge rain puddles hopein and prayin they would still play and after the rain finally quit they came out and played acoustic. it was the best show i had been to and i thank them for being there for the fans that stayed. after playin a few songs they came out and met all of the fans that stayed for them. i wont ever forget that Thank you guys so much for not ditching us who stayed that night. [/color][/b][/quote]

I was there and it was so amazing. The weather was crazy. Such a good show. I loved that the still had the passion to play for their fans after all that weather and the other bands canceling.

I met them for the first time January 13 2004. Is that sad that I remember the exact date? I saw Barry first who so amazing. Then Jasin and Brent were out by the merch table. Ever since then only one or concerts out of 20 something that I haven't talked with them. They are really easy to meet. Totally eager to talk to ever last fan.[/i]

[quote="fenderguitars777"]i didnt get to meet them :([/quote]

did you go to the baltimore show?

synneraboveall

Fri, 07/25/2008 - 07:21

OMFG..I'm so ready to go stalk the guys bus..LOL *does a happy dance* then *does my stalker dance* lmao!!!!!!

[quote="synneraboveall"]OMFG..I'm so ready to go stalk the guys bus..LOL *does a happy dance* then *does my stalker dance* lmao!!!!!![/quote]

I am right there with you.

shinersweetie_4300

Sat, 07/26/2008 - 00:39

I met them at rock on the range in columbus in may. they were so nice and cool! i even got to hug mr. brent smith! it was one of the best weekends of my life. they def have a fan for life!

beyondthesun

Sat, 07/26/2008 - 17:05

So here is my story i saw shinedown here in MA at a concert called Locobazooka in 03 sponsored WAAF ( station they first played simple man on) i went to this show because my favorite band staind was the headliner but one of the opening acts was shinedown and they were awesome by the time the concert rolled around the next year they were scheduled to be the headliner but were bumped down to the act right before the headliner with saliva becoming the headliner but anyways before they were on jagermeister had a tent sent up and shinedown was there sigining autographs but the people at the tent were jerks and wouldnt let us meet them because we werent 21 and then brent stood up and was like dude dont be a jerk let all them through im giving them autographs the band was wicked cool and right up there with aaron lewis as someone of the most down to earth rock stars i have ever met such a cool experience unfortunantly my little bro took over to my room when i left for college and now that poster is missing hopefully packed in a box and not thrown away

It was backstage in Boston, just after Leave a Whisper started to get attention. I did maybe a 15 minute interview for my college newspaper... he was totally respectful, plugged in and willing to give detailed answers. It was great.

I figure there are a lot of us here who have met the band... How?

I met them at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally several years ago. They weren't big yet, in fact if I remember right it was right when 45 was just hitting airwaves. They were the opening band for a big night at one of the local venues, The Buffalo Chip. (They destroyed the other three bands too... Seether, Our Lady Peace and Three Doors Down) and after they played, they came into the crowd with us. I was privileged enough to meet Brent, Barry, Jasin and Brad. Awesome night, and it made me a lifelong fan. I bought the album the next day. I've gone to see them two more times since, and plan to many more times in the future.

comments

I met Brent back in 2004

It was backstage in Boston, just after Leave a Whisper started to get attention. I did maybe a 15 minute interview for my college newspaper... he was totally respectful, plugged in and willing to give detailed answers. It was great.

So here is my story i saw shinedown here in MA at a concert called Locobazooka in 03 sponsored WAAF ( station they first played simple man on) i went to this show because my favorite band staind was the headliner but one of the opening acts was shinedown and they were awesome by the time the concert rolled around the next year they were scheduled to be the headliner but were bumped down to the act right before the headliner with saliva becoming the headliner but anyways before they were on jagermeister had a tent sent up and shinedown was there sigining autographs but the people at the tent were jerks and wouldnt let us meet them because we werent 21 and then brent stood up and was like dude dont be a jerk let all them through im giving them autographs the band was wicked cool and right up there with aaron lewis as someone of the most down to earth rock stars i have ever met such a cool experience unfortunantly my little bro took over to my room when i left for college and now that poster is missing hopefully packed in a box and not thrown away

I met them at rock on the range in columbus in may. they were so nice and cool! i even got to hug mr. brent smith! it was one of the best weekends of my life. they def have a fan for life!

[quote="synneraboveall"]OMFG..I'm so ready to go stalk the guys bus..LOL *does a happy dance* then *does my stalker dance* lmao!!!!!![/quote]

I am right there with you.

OMFG..I'm so ready to go stalk the guys bus..LOL *does a happy dance* then *does my stalker dance* lmao!!!!!!

[quote="fenderguitars777"]i didnt get to meet them :([/quote]

did you go to the baltimore show?

Re: Met Brent and Berry

[quote="albino_crow"][b][color=indigo]i got the plesure to meet Brent and Berry at the Michigan State Fair last year. the weather was beyond horrible but i refused to leave i was playin in the huge rain puddles hopein and prayin they would still play and after the rain finally quit they came out and played acoustic. it was the best show i had been to and i thank them for being there for the fans that stayed. after playin a few songs they came out and met all of the fans that stayed for them. i wont ever forget that Thank you guys so much for not ditching us who stayed that night. [/color][/b][/quote]

I was there and it was so amazing. The weather was crazy. Such a good show. I loved that the still had the passion to play for their fans after all that weather and the other bands canceling.

I met them for the first time January 13 2004. Is that sad that I remember the exact date? I saw Barry first who so amazing. Then Jasin and Brent were out by the merch table. Ever since then only one or concerts out of 20 something that I haven't talked with them. They are really easy to meet. Totally eager to talk to ever last fan.[/i]

i finally met them for the first time tonight,
we waited by their tour bus until they came out and all made their rounds through the crowd, getting pics taken and signing autographs. theyre all really sweet guys, every single one thanked me for coming to the show and was more than happy to let me snap a pic with them. theyre wonderful, i cant wait to meet them again :-)

Aww...see that is why I love Brent...he's such as an amazing man!!!!!

I saw them for the first time last Wednesday at Croc Rock in Allentown. After the show, I was just leaving the Cafe upstairs when I noticed a crowd around Brent. He had just told them that he was tired and that he was sorry. So I ran to catch up with him just before he got on the bus. I asked him for a picture and he said sure, let me get changed first. So I got to meet him, and get his autograph. The Zach came out too. It just amazes me that, even though he was exaughsted and worn out, he still came back and took pictures and signed autographs. That is a great man right there.

Now that they are coming to the West Coast hopefully I will have the chance to meet these dudes. Seem cool as hell. Can't wait till the 09/02 concert in San Francisco! w00t!

I met them (BK,BS,BS,JT) erm... two summers ago... end of August in Boise, ID. They were playing at the fair there. We drove 10 hours one-way to see 'em cuz... yeah it was a SD concert for $6. The local radio station gave VIP passes to the first 10 people in line. So me a few girlfriends got to go back 'n get pics and autographs. It was pretty sweet. I was too star-struck to say anything intelligent, though. Lol. :roll:

Figured Id better add an update to what I posted on the first page.

I saw the band at Summerfest 6/28. I met everyone except Brent at a pre-show meet and greet. (no pics, but I got to talk with everyone really quickly and had them sign my CD.)

After the show, instead of security kicking us out like they almost always do at Summerfest, everyone in the band came out to meet with the fans! WOOT!

I was able to talk with Brent, have him sign my stuff and I got pics with everyone! Double WOOT!

I have not had a chance to put a review up on my website but I posted the M&G pics on myspace.

[url]http://www.myspace.com/muzik_freak[/url]

They are in the picture folder called I Met The Band

Met them in Lubbock on June 30, 2008.
Nowhere to be found after leaving stage. Everyone left but I just stayed. Then Eric and Barry came by. They were great! They got the rest of the band to meet me. No one else in Lubbock seemed to stay for it. What a night!

I had seen shinedown three times and met them on the fourth. The show was in San Antonio and I took my little sister for her graduation. It was the first time going without my wife since she is pregnant. We met all five guys and they all signed the set list from that night for me. Barry and i talked about some old songs and brent told me a little bout being a dad. they all signed a shirt for my sister. great guys

Meeting the band

They played the small town of Harrison, Arkansas Saturday night and they were awesome enough to meet us and sign autographs...on my chest...lol...and I got a guitar pick from Zach...who kicks major ass!! Luv u Zach! :wink: :wink:

Met Brent and Berry

[b][color=indigo]i got the plesure to meet Brent and Berry at the Michigan State Fair last year. the weather was beyond horrible but i refused to leave i was playin in the huge rain puddles hopein and prayin they would still play and after the rain finally quit they came out and played acoustic. it was the best show i had been to and i thank them for being there for the fans that stayed. after playin a few songs they came out and met all of the fans that stayed for them. i wont ever forget that Thank you guys so much for not ditching us who stayed that night. [/color][/b]

I met them at Rock on the Range in Columbus, OH at the FYE tent. You had to buy a CD (in this case, the pre-order of Devour) and only one person could get in to the meet and greet. My 16 yr old daughter wanted to meet them so bad but that wasn't happening. So, while they were signing their poster, I took in a blank piece of white paper and asked if they could sign it for her. They were SO nice and asked her name. They are VERY personable! That's what brings people back to shows and keeps fans! They were great! I'm going to see them again in South Bend next month. Can't wait!!!

I met Brent, Barry, Brad, and Jasin the October before last, I believe. My friends and I went to a concert they were haveing in Starkville Ms. on the campus of Mississippi State University. One of the friends who was with me told us we could probably head back to where they parked the buses and catch the band so we did, and we did XD

There were five of us and we met some other people waiting for the band and chatted while we waited. Brent came off the tour bus and kinda looked around like "whoa". It was kinda funny but I was too nervous at the time to appreciate it. I wish I had found myself enough to really talk to him but we managed to get his autograph before more fans started flocking as well as a really bad quality picture on our friends camera phone. We then saw Jasin standing off to the side.. no one had really noticed him yet because he had a hoodie on up over his head (looked scarey o_o ) and we grabbed his autograph too along with some other girls before he decided to split. We also snagged photos with Brad and Barry.

Another funny story, I told Barry I had seen him in the bookstore earlier and he said something like "Yeah, I was looking for a book but they don't have it."
The story, however, went more like this..

It was my first concert and it was Shinedown, so naturally I wanted so bad to be first in line (it was general admission) so I could get a good spot. My friends, however, decided they needed to use the restroom. I grumbled a lot and followed them. They used the bathroom and decided there was still more than an hour before the show, they wanted to check out the new bookstore. Once again...*grumble grumble follow like a good puppy*
Well, I was waiting for them to go through the line at Starbucks there and in a very foul mood when the door opens and someone comes in. I look up because it was a really cute guy and those catch my interest pretty quick.... of course it took only two seconds more for it to dawn on me it was Barry. I must have looked like I had seen a ghost because one of my friends looked at me like I was crazy... and as Barry passed me I mouthed to her "That's Barry Kerch! The drummer from Shinedown!"
It took her a few minutes to comprehend and pass the message on to our other friends in line. I wish I had been brave enough to go talk to him as he wandered around the store, but I felt like he'd probably want his space =3

Gonna share some picks here since they kinda relate to the post. Like I said, the quality is insanely insanely bad because it was on an old motorola phone.. makes me sad but next time I go see them I will be prepared!

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/NekoVampire/brent.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/NekoVampire/Barry.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/NekoVampire/Brad.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/NekoVampire/Jasin.jpg[/img]

I met Brent & Brad for the 1st time in 06 @ club Lavela in panama city beach they walked right by everyone waiting in line & no one said a word so my husband called them out asked if they would sign my Us & them Cd & take pics. They did I was so excited they were really nice. Met Barry & saw brent again @ Bayfest in mobile later that year Barry was putting up merchandise & walked right by us he was cool stopped hung out with us. IThen I just got to meet the "New Band" June 16th @ the swamp FWB Eric & Zack were by the merchandise table before the show spoke to them then & after the show everyone come out and was really nice took pics talked it was really awesome.

I have been lucky enough to see them 9 times and have met them 7! I asked several years back on the main board and people were nice enough to let me know to hang out after the show!

I have hung out with them after 7 shows now - 5 in Louisiana, 1 in Houston, and 1 in Fort Walton. Fort Walton was the first time I met Zach... 2 years ago. He recognized me after the show in New Orleans last week and said, "Hey, I have a picture of you and me on my MySpace! I thought we were gonna see you in Fort Walton!" I like to peed my pants laughing when the other people around me were like "Who in the hell is this chick?" lol

He has one hell of a memory! lol

The first time I met the guys was in '04 in a small bar that held maybe 400 people and since then it has been non-stop hangin with the band after shows..lol I loves them boys!!!!!

[quote="hollydoll"]I met them at Pop's Nightclub in East St. Louis last August. It was my 6th show and it finally happened! Made my year. :D[/quote]

That is my favorite place to meet 'rock stars'..lol I love that venue!!!!!

Michigan State Fair

[b]The guys were here last summer for a gig at the Michigan State Fair. Weather sucked and they were not able to plug any of their equipment in. So what do you do at that point...........bring the crowd up close and personal and do a short acoustic performance. We yelled out what we wanted to hear and other than a few annoying people around me, it was very cool. They did a little impromptu M&G afterwards with pics and autographs so what could have turned out to be a disasterous night actually turned out great. They promised they'd be back and they're holding true to it![/b]

I have only met Brent and Jasin (back in 2005). Both guys were extremely nice.

I posted the review of that show on the board. You can read it here if you are interested. [url]http://www.shinedownnation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60[/url]

Ive tried to meet the band at a couple shows since then but it just never worked out.

I have two shows this summer so never say never, right?? :)

ive only met Mr.Kerch, Mr.Smith :\ good enough there both amazing..

I met them at Pop's Nightclub in East St. Louis last August. It was my 6th show and it finally happened! Made my year. :D

I met them in 2004, just before the re-release of LAW came out. They played a free show in Lafayette, LA for the state fair. Before any of the bands played (there were 2 others on before them), the guys came on stage and did their own soundcheck, which I thought was very cool. Afterwards, they signed stuff and took pictures with fans. I was front row for that show, and until that night I didn't know they had covered Simple Man, so really the first time I heard them play it was live - which was freakin awesome.