Holmdel 8/5/10

• Holmdel 8/5/10
    ARomaine

Figured I'd start a thread for this awesome show! I know several of us are going there, so if anyone hears stuff for it, post it here :)

Matt and I will be there ALLLLL day :P

Submitted by ARomaine on
Forum category
Is pro
No

rangersuk

Sat, 07/10/2010 - 09:43

During the chat last night Brent said if we have a smartphone make sure it's charged up and ready to take on apps and there will be a surprise waiting for us at the show. I'm glad I just got an EVO!!

I am so pumped!!

Hmm, don't have one, but now tempted to go get one. Since I missed the chat last night, what else did they talk about?

rangersuk

Sun, 07/11/2010 - 09:02

I just saw on e bay that someone is selling front row tickets (section 104, row A) for $500 pair. It said inside aisle seats, I have to go home and check my safe to make sure no one stole my tix!!

Well, 104 is all the way on the side...but I did a double check too :)

sdcomputers

Mon, 07/12/2010 - 10:38

dont forget im after a COM Shirt XL :)

I'll try! That is if I remember after such an awesome show and meeting the guys :)

Did a bit of research and answered my own question about food/water allowed in the PNC for the show as its going to be an all day event. Straight from their website:

Please also note we do permit food in the venue, it must be packed in a clear plastic bag as well as one factory sealed bottle of water per person

It's nice we can bring in food, but one bottle of water?!? In August?!? Silly people.

Wooo a week to go...finally!

Btw, can I state how absolutely friggin excited I am. I almost feel embarrassed about how excited I am. It's like I'm 5 and I'm waiting for Christmas morning. As of this weekend I've even had trouble falling asleep.

And on the plus, the weather looks like it's going to cooperate!

AllAmericanDan1

Mon, 08/02/2010 - 19:40

I'll be on the lawn, drinking a beer and laying down in the grass.

Sweet! Maybe I'll see you there. You'll have to let me know if NJ can do it better than Philly.

rangersuk

Mon, 08/02/2010 - 21:15

I'm right there with you Abby, hard to sleep. My wife asks me everyday "whats new with Shinedown today?" Thank God shes not sick of me talking about it yet! Even my daughter who is going with me says I'm just going nuts over this show!

67 MORE HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShinedownChica

Mon, 08/02/2010 - 21:44

haha have fun =)

[quote="sdcomputers"]dont forget im after a COM Shirt XL :)[/quote]

Btw, XL or L?

And I think we're hitting up the merch stand first. Im gonna try to get more SoM Cds and I think it'd be cool to see what they have to maybe get signed.

rangersuk

Tue, 08/03/2010 - 18:30

I have extra wine labels if you want one signed.

Aww thanks. I think Im good. Honestly, I'd prefer to have my pictures taken with them than to get things signed, but hopefully I can get some good ones during the show.

rangersuk

Wed, 08/04/2010 - 18:23

22 hours and counting...

rangersuk

Wed, 08/04/2010 - 18:33

22 hours and counting...

sdcomputers

Wed, 08/04/2010 - 19:42

Large just sent you a PM LOL

Got it.

Btw Dave, it's now less than 19 hours :P

rangersuk

Thu, 08/05/2010 - 09:49

Abby, Ill be driving a 4 door green Jeep Wrangler and wearing a black Shinedown button down shirt and a smiley face hat. See you later.

rangersuk

Thu, 08/05/2010 - 09:50

Abby, Ill be driving a 4 door green Jeep Wrangler and wearing a black Shinedown button down shirt and a smiley face hat. See you later.

Hmm, we'll be in a black VW Jetta TDI. Matt will be in the old school (ha!) black SDN shirt and I will be in the new and improved SDN shirt.

OMG its in just a few hours!! SEE YOU THERE!

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 08/05/2010 - 15:03

have fun at the show guys and tell us all about it. say hi to the guys from all the peeps on the nation. Represent us well my friends and remember when your with Sd your amongst family so have fun.

ShinedownChica

Thu, 08/05/2010 - 22:49

the shows been goin on a while now but hope youre all having fun =)

AllAmericanDan1

Fri, 08/06/2010 - 00:24

Brent said we were the best crowd during the entire Carnival of Madness. My back hurts from carrying that crowd, haha.

Ok, I'll have to give a better description of tonight tomorrow when I'm not falling over and I've gone through my 300+ pix. Tonight was fucking awesome. The guys were super nice and sweet. I got to talking to the guy who runs the SDN website a bit. The guitar is supa sweet. I got to take in my homemade truffles for them. Jake is awesome. We missed both 10 years and Sevendust as we didn't even do the M&G until 5. PoM, Chevelle, and of course SD were all really fun.

The Chevelle lead singer kept looking over at Matt and smiling because Matt was going to town singing. I got to shake Brent's hand while he was on stage and he said "what's up?". This was to the intro to SoS while he was explaining the hardcore fans. Zach came over and gave both Matt and me picks. We got a bass pick from Eric. And Eric slapped our hands twice. And you should hear more from Dave....who is a super nice guy as well as his daughter. Totally had a blast meeting them and we're already talking about meeting up for the acoustic show.

And yeah, he did say we were the best crowd of the tour. And dan, you musta been holding up the lawn seats, cuz the first few rows were pretty rocking. We actually asked Jake about the crowd when we picked up our guitars. He said the first few rows were incredible, but the majority of the crowd was...um...odd? They gave off a strange vibe.

Anyway thats all for now. I'll have some pix up and I'm sure I will remember more. Plus, others at the show can give their input too.

AllAmericanDan1

Fri, 08/06/2010 - 14:22

[quote="aromaine"]Ok, I'll have to give a better description of tonight tomorrow when I'm not falling over and I've gone through my 300+ pix. Tonight was fucking awesome. The guys were super nice and sweet. I got to talking to the guy who runs the SDN website a bit. The guitar is supa sweet. I got to take in my homemade truffles for them. Jake is awesome. We missed both 10 years and Sevendust as we didn't even do the M&G until 5. PoM, Chevelle, and of course SD were all really fun.

The Chevelle lead singer kept looking over at Matt and smiling because Matt was going to town singing. I got to shake Brent's hand while he was on stage and he said "what's up?". This was to the intro to SoS while he was explaining the hardcore fans. Zach came over and gave both Matt and me picks. We got a bass pick from Eric. And Eric slapped our hands twice. And you should hear more from Dave....who is a super nice guy as well as his daughter. Totally had a blast meeting them and we're already talking about meeting up for the acoustic show.

And yeah, he did say we were the best crowd of the tour. [b]And dan, you musta been holding up the lawn seats, cuz the first few rows were pretty rocking.[/b] We actually asked Jake about the crowd when we picked up our guitars. He said the first few rows were incredible, but the majority of the crowd was...um...odd? They gave off a strange vibe.

Anyway thats all for now. I'll have some pix up and I'm sure I will remember more. Plus, others at the show can give their input too.[/quote]

Oh no, I was in the fourth row, making a fuck ton of noise, I step my game up when I'm within throwing distance of Shinedown. That was just a joke, I always appreciate it when the crowd is into it. But it's funny whenever I'm that close to the stage, the crowd is always awesome. I don't think that's a coincidence. haha

Oh cool! Sorry, I thought you were back in lawn seats. Glad you were able to make it so close. And you're absolutely right, those first few rows were the place to be. Especially since the stage is so close to the barricade. I mean, Matt had Brent's sweat drop in him. Ew. Btw, pix are still coming. Taking forever to upload.

rangersuk

Fri, 08/06/2010 - 16:08

I've got to agree with Abby, the crowd was dynamite. this was only my second shine down show n they just keep getting better and better. I m still flying so high don't know if i'll ever come down!!
My daughter and i gave you Barry a backpack from TAPS (Ghosthunters) and asked him for a stick, he gave each of us one. I also got 4 different picks from them and one from Puddle of Mudd.
Besides getting the guitar the best part of the night was when they all accepted my Shinedown Wine I made for them. They really seem to appreciate it and that made me feel terrific!! Abby also gave them some homemade truffles and they were so touched.
Abby and Matt, you guys were so cool, I'm really glad we got to know you guys. And thank you for the truffles as well!!

Figured I'd start a thread for this awesome show! I know several of us are going there, so if anyone hears stuff for it, post it here :)

Matt and I will be there ALLLLL day :P

comments

awesome!!!! yeahh i was closer this time than last, but still not very close.... i didnt get any good pics.... and since im short, i couldnt get any at the venue i was just at since the steps between the seats didnt help with the height problem at all!

Ha, front row helps, but it also helped that the stage was VERY close to the barricade. I mean you could almost touch the stage. This was my first time at this venue, but we're already going to another concert in September there. I liked it a lot.

yeah the guitar is awesome! and I love the pics! you musta been really close to the stage!

freakin awesome pics abbs you just made my day. lovin the guitar too.

Thanks. It was so much fun to go through them because it did feel like we were reliving it. I think I am going to print some of them out and see if I can get the guys to sign them at another M&G.

OH and I had to ask Brent to smile. He actually forgot in the first pic we took of them, so we had to redo it :)

WOW, great shots Abby. Feels like I'm there all over again!!

Holy shit those are some freakin awesome pix,the guys look soooo happy at the m&g and zacks scissor shirt awesome

I've got to agree with Abby, the crowd was dynamite. this was only my second shine down show n they just keep getting better and better. I m still flying so high don't know if i'll ever come down!!
My daughter and i gave you Barry a backpack from TAPS (Ghosthunters) and asked him for a stick, he gave each of us one. I also got 4 different picks from them and one from Puddle of Mudd.
Besides getting the guitar the best part of the night was when they all accepted my Shinedown Wine I made for them. They really seem to appreciate it and that made me feel terrific!! Abby also gave them some homemade truffles and they were so touched.
Abby and Matt, you guys were so cool, I'm really glad we got to know you guys. And thank you for the truffles as well!!

Oh cool! Sorry, I thought you were back in lawn seats. Glad you were able to make it so close. And you're absolutely right, those first few rows were the place to be. Especially since the stage is so close to the barricade. I mean, Matt had Brent's sweat drop in him. Ew. Btw, pix are still coming. Taking forever to upload.

[quote="aromaine"]Ok, I'll have to give a better description of tonight tomorrow when I'm not falling over and I've gone through my 300+ pix. Tonight was fucking awesome. The guys were super nice and sweet. I got to talking to the guy who runs the SDN website a bit. The guitar is supa sweet. I got to take in my homemade truffles for them. Jake is awesome. We missed both 10 years and Sevendust as we didn't even do the M&G until 5. PoM, Chevelle, and of course SD were all really fun.

And yeah, he did say we were the best crowd of the tour. [b]And dan, you musta been holding up the lawn seats, cuz the first few rows were pretty rocking.[/b] We actually asked Jake about the crowd when we picked up our guitars. He said the first few rows were incredible, but the majority of the crowd was...um...odd? They gave off a strange vibe.

Anyway thats all for now. I'll have some pix up and I'm sure I will remember more. Plus, others at the show can give their input too.[/quote]

Oh no, I was in the fourth row, making a fuck ton of noise, I step my game up when I'm within throwing distance of Shinedown. That was just a joke, I always appreciate it when the crowd is into it. But it's funny whenever I'm that close to the stage, the crowd is always awesome. I don't think that's a coincidence. haha

Ok, I'll have to give a better description of tonight tomorrow when I'm not falling over and I've gone through my 300+ pix. Tonight was fucking awesome. The guys were super nice and sweet. I got to talking to the guy who runs the SDN website a bit. The guitar is supa sweet. I got to take in my homemade truffles for them. Jake is awesome. We missed both 10 years and Sevendust as we didn't even do the M&G until 5. PoM, Chevelle, and of course SD were all really fun.

And yeah, he did say we were the best crowd of the tour. And dan, you musta been holding up the lawn seats, cuz the first few rows were pretty rocking. We actually asked Jake about the crowd when we picked up our guitars. He said the first few rows were incredible, but the majority of the crowd was...um...odd? They gave off a strange vibe.

Anyway thats all for now. I'll have some pix up and I'm sure I will remember more. Plus, others at the show can give their input too.

Brent said we were the best crowd during the entire Carnival of Madness. My back hurts from carrying that crowd, haha.

the shows been goin on a while now but hope youre all having fun =)

have fun at the show guys and tell us all about it. say hi to the guys from all the peeps on the nation. Represent us well my friends and remember when your with Sd your amongst family so have fun.

Hmm, we'll be in a black VW Jetta TDI. Matt will be in the old school (ha!) black SDN shirt and I will be in the new and improved SDN shirt.

OMG its in just a few hours!! SEE YOU THERE!

Got it.

Btw Dave, it's now less than 19 hours :P

Large just sent you a PM LOL

22 hours and counting...

22 hours and counting...

Aww thanks. I think Im good. Honestly, I'd prefer to have my pictures taken with them than to get things signed, but hopefully I can get some good ones during the show.

I have extra wine labels if you want one signed.

[quote="sdcomputers"]dont forget im after a COM Shirt XL :)[/quote]

Btw, XL or L?

And I think we're hitting up the merch stand first. Im gonna try to get more SoM Cds and I think it'd be cool to see what they have to maybe get signed.

haha have fun =)

I'm right there with you Abby, hard to sleep. My wife asks me everyday "whats new with Shinedown today?" Thank God shes not sick of me talking about it yet! Even my daughter who is going with me says I'm just going nuts over this show!

67 MORE HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet! Maybe I'll see you there. You'll have to let me know if NJ can do it better than Philly.

I'll be on the lawn, drinking a beer and laying down in the grass.

Btw, can I state how absolutely friggin excited I am. I almost feel embarrassed about how excited I am. It's like I'm 5 and I'm waiting for Christmas morning. As of this weekend I've even had trouble falling asleep.

And on the plus, the weather looks like it's going to cooperate!

Wooo a week to go...finally!

Did a bit of research and answered my own question about food/water allowed in the PNC for the show as its going to be an all day event. Straight from their website:

Please also note we do permit food in the venue, it must be packed in a clear plastic bag as well as one factory sealed bottle of water per person

It's nice we can bring in food, but one bottle of water?!? In August?!? Silly people.

I'll try! That is if I remember after such an awesome show and meeting the guys :)

dont forget im after a COM Shirt XL :)

Well, 104 is all the way on the side...but I did a double check too :)

I just saw on e bay that someone is selling front row tickets (section 104, row A) for $500 pair. It said inside aisle seats, I have to go home and check my safe to make sure no one stole my tix!!

Hmm, don't have one, but now tempted to go get one. Since I missed the chat last night, what else did they talk about?

During the chat last night Brent said if we have a smartphone make sure it's charged up and ready to take on apps and there will be a surprise waiting for us at the show. I'm glad I just got an EVO!!

I am so pumped!!