HOB AC 11/20

• HOB AC 11/20
    AllAmericanDan1

No one has made a thread about this show yet. For those of you who didn't attend the show at Wellmont yesterday, get ready for an experience. For those of you who did (as well as those who didn't) get your grooving out of your system tonight, because once its over. It's goodbye for now, Shinedown. It's time to get your groove on!

Submitted by AllAmericanDan1 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

I am jealous to have missed out on Burning Bright. I was hoping to hear that, and I would have rather have heard that then the questions from the audience. And I'm not surprised to hear that AC was more energetic than Wellmont. During the M&G, the guys just weren't into it like I've seen them before, and I think it carried over.

AllAmericanDan1

Sun, 11/21/2010 - 13:22

I've been to 17 SD shows and while I have been close to the stage a few times, I've never been in the very front. Until this one and what a show it was. First and foremost, "Burning Bright" which was omitted in the Wellmont Theatre setlist, was reinserted (at the expense of asking one of the attendees a question, great trade off I say!). And I feel the band had more energy than in Wellmont. This is most noted in the encore song "With a Little Help From My Friends" Brent was in a zone. Hitting notes that I don't think he thought he could hit. There was actually more interaction with the crowd, a few not so subtle jabs at gambling in AC ("It's not so much gambling as it is losing," said Eric, repeated moments later by Zach). The crowd was more into it, singing with most every song...or maybe it just me and I couldn't tell...anyways it was a grand show.

Only drawback was once again the NJ crowd was loud, stupid, and obnoxious. I heard one particular douchebag actually scream "SING THE FUCKING SONG!" at Brent when he was telling the story behind 45. Disgraceful, its a Shinedown show asshole, you should know by now Brent fucking talks! So shut the hell up and listen to what the man has to say or get out!

On a serious note, Brent stopped the show after a young lady brought it to his attention that a fellow attendee had collapsed. The gentleman behind me and the SD crew swiftly got her out of the crowd.

Dan, I also was at this show (just posted about it on the Wellmont thread) was 3 back from stage right in the middle. The poor girl that went down was disheartening she was right next to us. But like you said, they helped her out very very quickly. I also was embarrassed at the people telling Brent to shut up and sign. They obviously were at the wrong show. However, once again, Brent was a class act and kept telling the stories that ALL OF THEIR REAL FANS wanted to hear. After the show he signed my jacket (that has an air-brushed pic of him) and we actually got to chat a little with him. The guys sat at the tables for awhile until once again, they started to get 'swarmed' and Brent had to leave - you rock Jake! Again, I hope the few LOSERS that were there, don't ruin it for the rest of us who LOVE & RESPECT these guys!! AWESOME SHOW!!!!!

No one has made a thread about this show yet. For those of you who didn't attend the show at Wellmont yesterday, get ready for an experience. For those of you who did (as well as those who didn't) get your grooving out of your system tonight, because once its over. It's goodbye for now, Shinedown. It's time to get your groove on!

comments

Dan, I also was at this show (just posted about it on the Wellmont thread) was 3 back from stage right in the middle. The poor girl that went down was disheartening she was right next to us. But like you said, they helped her out very very quickly. I also was embarrassed at the people telling Brent to shut up and sign. They obviously were at the wrong show. However, once again, Brent was a class act and kept telling the stories that ALL OF THEIR REAL FANS wanted to hear. After the show he signed my jacket (that has an air-brushed pic of him) and we actually got to chat a little with him. The guys sat at the tables for awhile until once again, they started to get 'swarmed' and Brent had to leave - you rock Jake! Again, I hope the few LOSERS that were there, don't ruin it for the rest of us who LOVE & RESPECT these guys!! AWESOME SHOW!!!!!

I've been to 17 SD shows and while I have been close to the stage a few times, I've never been in the very front. Until this one and what a show it was. First and foremost, "Burning Bright" which was omitted in the Wellmont Theatre setlist, was reinserted (at the expense of asking one of the attendees a question, great trade off I say!). And I feel the band had more energy than in Wellmont. This is most noted in the encore song "With a Little Help From My Friends" Brent was in a zone. Hitting notes that I don't think he thought he could hit. There was actually more interaction with the crowd, a few not so subtle jabs at gambling in AC ("It's not so much gambling as it is losing," said Eric, repeated moments later by Zach). The crowd was more into it, singing with most every song...or maybe it just me and I couldn't tell...anyways it was a grand show.

Only drawback was once again the NJ crowd was loud, stupid, and obnoxious. I heard one particular douchebag actually scream "SING THE FUCKING SONG!" at Brent when he was telling the story behind 45. Disgraceful, its a Shinedown show asshole, you should know by now Brent fucking talks! So shut the hell up and listen to what the man has to say or get out!

On a serious note, Brent stopped the show after a young lady brought it to his attention that a fellow attendee had collapsed. The gentleman behind me and the SD crew swiftly got her out of the crowd.

I am jealous to have missed out on Burning Bright. I was hoping to hear that, and I would have rather have heard that then the questions from the audience. And I'm not surprised to hear that AC was more energetic than Wellmont. During the M&G, the guys just weren't into it like I've seen them before, and I think it carried over.