GLASGOW REVIEW!

• GLASGOW REVIEW!
    destiny453

Oh man you guys I don't even know where to start!

Firstly my pics and vids are on my Facebook and youtube site! :)

Well Ross and I arrived at 5.30pm and met up with Ian (scotlandbanff) we sat in the car for a little while as it was pissing down real bad!! :( At around 6.15pm we met Dave, Mark and Megan and a few other people we met at the lat Glasgow show....all in all for the M&G there were 12 of us! So Jake took us upstairs where the guys were waiting in the bar area. We all got stuff signed (I was stoked that Dave gave me a large print out of the pic of me and Eric from the Manchester gig) so I had to get -e- to sign it to me :)
    Then we all sand happy birthday too Zach and Ian gave them all a bottle of whisky each. We chatted for a bit then asked Brent to paly I Dare You for me and Ross and he said he will. :) So Jake let us into the venue and we waited for Counterpoint.

Both support bands sounded alot better this time round and I really enjoyed both sets....except for me Soil singer jumped ontop of me and broke my longest nail! :( :lol: So then it was time for Shinedown.....

They came onto masses of cheers and the guys were so happy they couldn't stop smiling....setlist was the same as Manchester except they didn't do the Call Me prelude. Brent informed everyone it was Zach's birthday so we all shouted Happy Birthday too him. Then after Cyanide came on it was time for I Dare You!! -e- looked right at me when it started playing and I gave him a thumbs up I was so happy!! After the show Zach asked me and Ross if we liked our song...we were like YEAH!!! Anyway back to the show....there were guys being dicks to the security so Brent traded one of them drinks and everything was fine....after Cry For Help Barry came out and got us all to sing Happy Birthday to Zach (I got this on video) It was awesome!! Jake came from behind the stage and walked right past me and Ross and handed us some guitar pics :) At the end of the show Eric got up on the amps, jumped off and landed on his ass (he also had is cute pirate pants on!! ;) ) Then he downed a full pint of beer :)

So after the show was finished I met my friend and he bought me a t-shirt as a late birthday present and we went out the back to meet Shinedown. We were talking to Countepoint (they are really cool guys) and a roadie from Soil. He managed to get our friend Megan on the guestlist for Soil's special Newcastle show and she hung out with the guys after it :)....so forst out was Zach and he took pics and signed some stuff and asked if we enjoyed the show, we said it was awesome!

Then Barry and Eric came out but spent alot more time with the crowd....Barry said come here cold one (i was always moaning i was cold) and he gave me a big bear hug ;) so he signed some more stuff and took pics. We also tried to learn him how to rponounce the name of the whisky's which was fun! He said he loves our accents and has to get one! The -e- came over to us and was talking about the Chris Angel incident and the cruise next year. He said he hopes to see me and Ross there and we said we are trying but with a wedding coming up it's hard...he said oh just get married on the cruise then told us he was thinking about renewing his wedding vows to his wife on the cruise then having a big party afterwards only for Shinedown fans!! I asked for a photo and he told me I didn't need to ask for it :)

After this Jake came and tols us there was an after party and if we had our I.D's it was cool for us to go in, so we were too cold to wait for Brent and decided we would see him at the party. So up we went....

Rock Radio were doing the djing and all the guys were in, Brent didn't stay for very long as his girl was with him and alot of drunk guys were pestering him. Zach was with the drummer from Soil (Tom) and alot of girls so we didn't bother him either. We went to the bar and got some drinks then Eric and Barry came in. We were talking to the drummer from Soil at the bar and he took some pics with us and also signed the Soil setlist we manged to score :) Barry was at the bar with Megan and bought her a drink...-e- was getting loads of drinks bought for him and got pretty wasted...he was almost fighting wiht security as the guy didn't recognise eric was in the band....bear was like to jump him and we will help :lol: We tried to teach him some more Scottish words but he just wasn't getting it. This was around 2am and it was time for me and Ross to go home, I was pretty drunk and Ross hates that when he is sober! :lol:

So we got some final photos and said bye to the guys, they thanked us for coming and said again they hope to see us on the cruise. Barry took down Ian's name etc and managed to get 3 passes for the show in Wolverhampton tonight but me and Ross couldn't make it! :(

What an experience...was one of the best nights of my life. The guys were on top form and I can't wait too see them again! Hope you enjoyed reading I now have a sore finger from typing!!! :(

Submitted by destiny453 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Wow, great review! How cool is that to get invited to the after party! :D

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 11/10/2009 - 08:28

that is awesome. i'm glad you got to party with them.

scotlandbanff

Tue, 11/10/2009 - 08:48

Great review was great meeting you all b4 and after the show. Gutted not going to be able to Use the passes Barry will have left for me at the venue. Have got in touch with siouxi and Suzie who will be at the Amsterdam meet and greet to give Barry my apoligies for not making it down. So gutted will definitly make sure i catch alot of shows on next European tour.

Cheers Ian(scotlandbanff)

scotlandbanff

Tue, 11/10/2009 - 08:51

Oh yeah almost forgot posted pics of meet and greet etc on www.myspace.com/ianbirnie will get them on facebook over the next couple days. Also got a video of them performing call me which also will get posted somewhere like youtube over next couple days.

Really great review and Destiny and Ian...way to REPRESENT!!! Wow! to get invited to the after-party...that is EPIC!! So glad you had such a great show and a great time with the guys!! Too bad you can't make the other show! :?

starsareforme

Tue, 11/10/2009 - 13:04

[color=indigo]Great review. So glad you had such an awesome time. Very cool about the after party![/color]

destiny453

Tue, 11/10/2009 - 15:06

I knew you would be proud LL :) The guys were on top form like!!! Wow...still stoked about it....i have other info but i can't share cos i will get in trouble!!!! :lol:

yeah nice, to make us all curious and then say you can't share :D :lol:

LOL just joking. :D

[quote="destiny453"]I knew you would be proud LL :) The guys were on top form like!!! Wow...still stoked about it....i have other info but i can't share cos i will get in trouble!!!! :lol:[/quote]Good girl! It would be like "kissing and telling"!! :D

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 11/11/2009 - 09:12

true very true. but i still think you shouldn't mention it lol. now we're all gonna be hounding you about it.

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 11/11/2009 - 20:27

awesome thanks for sharing.

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 11/12/2009 - 08:42

thanks for that. i'm glad you got to meet them. barry is very friendly.

destiny453

Fri, 11/13/2009 - 06:44

Yeah Bear is awesome....I never really got much time to chat to Brent but Barry and Eric stayed out with us for ages...-e- said no matter how many records they sell he will always come and talk to the fans

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 11/13/2009 - 09:45

that's awesome. -e- is a really nice guy. i was so glad that when i saw him in houston he remembered me from the previous show that i had met them. made me feel good.

Great review:). my day started a bit earlier about 2ish to be exact due to getting to see Shinedown do their 1st UK acoustic set. thanks to a friend winning a competition for 2 people to see the acoustic set my friend very kindly took me along. I had always wanted to witness an acoustic set by them and it really didnt disappoint.
They played If You Only Knew,Sound of Madness and 2nd Chance.Barry wasnt there tho. Also got to sing Happy birthday to Zach.
After the set there was then the chance to meet them.
Never been so nervous even though ive met them before but when i walked up to them they were all smiling at me and Brent said "Hey man its great to see you again! how have you been?" i was blown away he remembered me again haha.
My 3 friends and myself bought Zach a birthday card a cake and a funny christmas tie haha he seemed happy with it.

Now the gig itself i thought was also great.They were on top form. During Save Me i held up a sign i'd made earlier in the day saying 'HI CHRIS ANGEL!!!' (im sure most know the story hah)not being too sure how he would react but he spotted it and was laughing his head off onstage at it :)Again had to sing Happy Birthday to Zach and Barry loved hearing it in scottish accents haha:P
Got a few interactions from the band mostly pointing at me or smiling and nodding which is always cool but the best came at the end of the set when Brent picked up his setlist and walked up to the edge of the stage handed the setlist to the security guy and pointed to me and said give that to that young man right there. i was in total shock what a great man he is

Anyway after the show i braved the cold to meet them and got the chance to show them my Shinedown tattoo which they all loved even got a hug from Brent when i explained the meaning behind the tattoo. Eric is such an awesome guy he loved me for making that sign even got a pic of him holding the sign with me haha. They are all amazing people.
Then found out there was an aftershow party upstairs in the venue so then got to party with the guys mostly Eric and Barry though with Barry even buying me a drink:) what a top guy he is. What a night i doubt im ever gonna have a better night than that... until the next Shinedown gig hah

destiny453

Mon, 11/16/2009 - 04:24

Marc!!! I told you to join this last year! :) :) Then you could have came into the meet and greet too dude!! Loving the picture, I think i was standing like right next to you?! Davvvveeeeeee.....where have you been dude!!??

haha i know regretting not doing it sooner lol kept forgetting about it and when i did remember not having the money for it. Hopefully next time they are over there will be a meet and greet again and i'll get to that. haha thanks:) yeah i think you were standing next to me

destiny453

Mon, 11/16/2009 - 04:42

Its great that more people from the UK are joining this site though, I love it, have met great people here from all over :)

Wow Marc! That was really clever, the sign...I bet he loved it! It sound's like you had a blast and that they enjoyed you as well! Brilliant! :wink:

destiny453

Tue, 11/17/2009 - 06:01

It was pretty funny and -e- expalined the whole story to us :)

Hah it was just a random thing i did when we were bored there was a bit of card with the bday card i bought Zach and as a joke wrote it but wasnt gonna show it lol. I was a bit scared it might of offended him but i took the risk and he luckily loved it :) theres even a vid on youtube of save me and you see him laughin at it :) he was really great about it and he kept coming to talk to me alot. hah yeah it was cool hearin the full story as id only seen bits on twitter about it lol

How can I i.d. the video on YouTube...I'd like to see that? What is your Twitter name? mine is imlorilee :lol:

Thanks Marc! I will check it out!!!

Rita @ Brazil

Tue, 11/17/2009 - 19:07

What an adventure ... thanks for the review Leona ... Do you think the guys are going back to the Download Festival in June ?

scotlandbanff

Thu, 11/19/2009 - 09:56

[quote="rita_brazil"]What an adventure ... thanks for the review Leona ... Do you think the guys are going back to the Download Festival in June ?[/quote]

Well i have already got my hotel booked for the Download festival in June just a mile from the site of the festival cant wait. Not been to the festival since 2005.

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 11/19/2009 - 11:49

awesome have a great time at dowload.

Oh man you guys I don't even know where to start!

Firstly my pics and vids are on my Facebook and youtube site! :)

Well Ross and I arrived at 5.30pm and met up with Ian (scotlandbanff) we sat in the car for a little while as it was pissing down real bad!! :( At around 6.15pm we met Dave, Mark and Megan and a few other people we met at the lat Glasgow show....all in all for the M&G there were 12 of us! So Jake took us upstairs where the guys were waiting in the bar area. We all got stuff signed (I was stoked that Dave gave me a large print out of the pic of me and Eric from the Manchester gig) so I had to get -e- to sign it to me :)
Then we all sand happy birthday too Zach and Ian gave them all a bottle of whisky each. We chatted for a bit then asked Brent to paly I Dare You for me and Ross and he said he will. :) So Jake let us into the venue and we waited for Counterpoint.

Both support bands sounded alot better this time round and I really enjoyed both sets....except for me Soil singer jumped ontop of me and broke my longest nail! :( :lol: So then it was time for Shinedown.....

They came onto masses of cheers and the guys were so happy they couldn't stop smiling....setlist was the same as Manchester except they didn't do the Call Me prelude. Brent informed everyone it was Zach's birthday so we all shouted Happy Birthday too him. Then after Cyanide came on it was time for I Dare You!! -e- looked right at me when it started playing and I gave him a thumbs up I was so happy!! After the show Zach asked me and Ross if we liked our song...we were like YEAH!!! Anyway back to the show....there were guys being dicks to the security so Brent traded one of them drinks and everything was fine....after Cry For Help Barry came out and got us all to sing Happy Birthday to Zach (I got this on video) It was awesome!! Jake came from behind the stage and walked right past me and Ross and handed us some guitar pics :) At the end of the show Eric got up on the amps, jumped off and landed on his ass (he also had is cute pirate pants on!! ;) ) Then he downed a full pint of beer :)

So after the show was finished I met my friend and he bought me a t-shirt as a late birthday present and we went out the back to meet Shinedown. We were talking to Countepoint (they are really cool guys) and a roadie from Soil. He managed to get our friend Megan on the guestlist for Soil's special Newcastle show and she hung out with the guys after it :)....so forst out was Zach and he took pics and signed some stuff and asked if we enjoyed the show, we said it was awesome!

Then Barry and Eric came out but spent alot more time with the crowd....Barry said come here cold one (i was always moaning i was cold) and he gave me a big bear hug ;) so he signed some more stuff and took pics. We also tried to learn him how to rponounce the name of the whisky's which was fun! He said he loves our accents and has to get one! The -e- came over to us and was talking about the Chris Angel incident and the cruise next year. He said he hopes to see me and Ross there and we said we are trying but with a wedding coming up it's hard...he said oh just get married on the cruise then told us he was thinking about renewing his wedding vows to his wife on the cruise then having a big party afterwards only for Shinedown fans!! I asked for a photo and he told me I didn't need to ask for it :)

After this Jake came and tols us there was an after party and if we had our I.D's it was cool for us to go in, so we were too cold to wait for Brent and decided we would see him at the party. So up we went....

Rock Radio were doing the djing and all the guys were in, Brent didn't stay for very long as his girl was with him and alot of drunk guys were pestering him. Zach was with the drummer from Soil (Tom) and alot of girls so we didn't bother him either. We went to the bar and got some drinks then Eric and Barry came in. We were talking to the drummer from Soil at the bar and he took some pics with us and also signed the Soil setlist we manged to score :) Barry was at the bar with Megan and bought her a drink...-e- was getting loads of drinks bought for him and got pretty wasted...he was almost fighting wiht security as the guy didn't recognise eric was in the band....bear was like to jump him and we will help :lol: We tried to teach him some more Scottish words but he just wasn't getting it. This was around 2am and it was time for me and Ross to go home, I was pretty drunk and Ross hates that when he is sober! :lol:

So we got some final photos and said bye to the guys, they thanked us for coming and said again they hope to see us on the cruise. Barry took down Ian's name etc and managed to get 3 passes for the show in Wolverhampton tonight but me and Ross couldn't make it! :(

What an experience...was one of the best nights of my life. The guys were on top form and I can't wait too see them again! Hope you enjoyed reading I now have a sore finger from typing!!! :(

comments

Yeah Rita, they should they would almost definately be at Download in June cos they loved it so much....I may be on MSN later...hope to catch you then girl :)

Hey Girl!!!You gonna go to the Detroit show!!?? :D

Re: GLASGOW REVIEW!

Hey Leona!
VERY AWESOME REVIEW! Sounds like you & Ross had the time of your lives!!! Im thrilled for you!!

awesome have a great time at dowload.

[quote="rita_brazil"]What an adventure ... thanks for the review Leona ... Do you think the guys are going back to the Download Festival in June ?[/quote]

Well i have already got my hotel booked for the Download festival in June just a mile from the site of the festival cant wait. Not been to the festival since 2005.

What an adventure ... thanks for the review Leona ... Do you think the guys are going back to the Download Festival in June ?

Thanks Marc! I will check it out!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQXWXbF6DhQ

from 2:35 you see it :)

and im ramthrax on twitter

How can I i.d. the video on YouTube...I'd like to see that? What is your Twitter name? mine is imlorilee :lol:

Hah it was just a random thing i did when we were bored there was a bit of card with the bday card i bought Zach and as a joke wrote it but wasnt gonna show it lol. I was a bit scared it might of offended him but i took the risk and he luckily loved it :) theres even a vid on youtube of save me and you see him laughin at it :) he was really great about it and he kept coming to talk to me alot. hah yeah it was cool hearin the full story as id only seen bits on twitter about it lol

It was pretty funny and -e- expalined the whole story to us :)

Wow Marc! That was really clever, the sign...I bet he loved it! It sound's like you had a blast and that they enjoyed you as well! Brilliant! :wink:

Its great that more people from the UK are joining this site though, I love it, have met great people here from all over :)

haha i know regretting not doing it sooner lol kept forgetting about it and when i did remember not having the money for it. Hopefully next time they are over there will be a meet and greet again and i'll get to that. haha thanks:) yeah i think you were standing next to me

Marc!!! I told you to join this last year! :) :) Then you could have came into the meet and greet too dude!! Loving the picture, I think i was standing like right next to you?! Davvvveeeeeee.....where have you been dude!!??

We bought Zach a card and a present and sang happy Birthday at the M&G

We went to the aftershow but decided to respect the guys time and give them some space, as they were getting bombarded with requests for photos and autographs.

[img]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af33/SDComputers/shinedown25.jpg[/img]

Great review:). my day started a bit earlier about 2ish to be exact due to getting to see Shinedown do their 1st UK acoustic set. thanks to a friend winning a competition for 2 people to see the acoustic set my friend very kindly took me along. I had always wanted to witness an acoustic set by them and it really didnt disappoint.
They played If You Only Knew,Sound of Madness and 2nd Chance.Barry wasnt there tho. Also got to sing Happy birthday to Zach.
After the set there was then the chance to meet them.
Never been so nervous even though ive met them before but when i walked up to them they were all smiling at me and Brent said "Hey man its great to see you again! how have you been?" i was blown away he remembered me again haha.
My 3 friends and myself bought Zach a birthday card a cake and a funny christmas tie haha he seemed happy with it.

Now the gig itself i thought was also great.They were on top form. During Save Me i held up a sign i'd made earlier in the day saying 'HI CHRIS ANGEL!!!' (im sure most know the story hah)not being too sure how he would react but he spotted it and was laughing his head off onstage at it :)Again had to sing Happy Birthday to Zach and Barry loved hearing it in scottish accents haha:P
Got a few interactions from the band mostly pointing at me or smiling and nodding which is always cool but the best came at the end of the set when Brent picked up his setlist and walked up to the edge of the stage handed the setlist to the security guy and pointed to me and said give that to that young man right there. i was in total shock what a great man he is

Anyway after the show i braved the cold to meet them and got the chance to show them my Shinedown tattoo which they all loved even got a hug from Brent when i explained the meaning behind the tattoo. Eric is such an awesome guy he loved me for making that sign even got a pic of him holding the sign with me haha. They are all amazing people.
Then found out there was an aftershow party upstairs in the venue so then got to party with the guys mostly Eric and Barry though with Barry even buying me a drink:) what a top guy he is. What a night i doubt im ever gonna have a better night than that... until the next Shinedown gig hah

[quote="meljanie"]Have a video on YouTube of Second Chance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkMsF8dtZjk

Enjoy!![/quote]
Nice vid got any more ?
I was at the front on the barrier

that's awesome. -e- is a really nice guy. i was so glad that when i saw him in houston he remembered me from the previous show that i had met them. made me feel good.

Yeah Bear is awesome....I never really got much time to chat to Brent but Barry and Eric stayed out with us for ages...-e- said no matter how many records they sell he will always come and talk to the fans

thanks for that. i'm glad you got to meet them. barry is very friendly.

awesome thanks for sharing.

just added video of of Call me fromGlasgow show Saturday onto you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyIBIPwiRdE

cheers Ian(scotlandbanff)

true very true. but i still think you shouldn't mention it lol. now we're all gonna be hounding you about it.

[quote="destiny453"]I knew you would be proud LL :) The guys were on top form like!!! Wow...still stoked about it....i have other info but i can't share cos i will get in trouble!!!! :lol:[/quote]Good girl! It would be like "kissing and telling"!! :D

yeah nice, to make us all curious and then say you can't share :D :lol:

LOL just joking. :D

I knew you would be proud LL :) The guys were on top form like!!! Wow...still stoked about it....i have other info but i can't share cos i will get in trouble!!!! :lol:

[color=indigo]Great review. So glad you had such an awesome time. Very cool about the after party![/color]

Really great review and Destiny and Ian...way to REPRESENT!!! Wow! to get invited to the after-party...that is EPIC!! So glad you had such a great show and a great time with the guys!! Too bad you can't make the other show! :?

Oh yeah almost forgot posted pics of meet and greet etc on www.myspace.com/ianbirnie will get them on facebook over the next couple days. Also got a video of them performing call me which also will get posted somewhere like youtube over next couple days.

Great review was great meeting you all b4 and after the show. Gutted not going to be able to Use the passes Barry will have left for me at the venue. Have got in touch with siouxi and Suzie who will be at the Amsterdam meet and greet to give Barry my apoligies for not making it down. So gutted will definitly make sure i catch alot of shows on next European tour.

that is awesome. i'm glad you got to party with them.

Wow, great review! How cool is that to get invited to the after party! :D